40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    June 13th I will be over half way through it.....46 and I am about to get half crazy and run my first half marathon in December!
  • jingerbird
    jingerbird Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    June 13th I will be over half way through it.....46 and I am about to get half crazy and run my first half marathon in December!

Wow.....I'm in awe...I would love to be able to run a marathon. Good job!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Had Jake this morning. He's such a funny boy- always makes me laugh!

Jackie- so sorry to hear about your neighbor. Ruby is right- we never do know how long we have. Makes it come to light to make sure we treasure those we love even more.

Kickboxing tonight!

Have a good day all :flowerforyou:
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Jinger - find something you enjoy. I love to swim and was doing that. Then life got in the way. Now I love walking the dog. I literally went from no exercise (2-4k steps per day according to my smartphone) to now 10-15k/day. I ramped this from starting the day we got the dog - May 2nd we went 1 mile by day 3 I was at 2 miles. As of today, I haven't missed a day - although if she didn't start whining at 5:30a, I have certainly been tempted to roll over. But I am doing it for me as much as her so I get out of bed and go instead of just throwing the ball in the backyard for her. You can do this! It feels natural to get those steps in now and I get antsy when it is on the low side. Some days I just walk and some I run about half. If you can convince yourself to do whatever you choose for 3 weeks, it will be habit by then (at least it is for me). Oh and I have more energy and looser clothes but no loss. I need to stop eating back the calories but no matter what, my fitness level is going up.

Sorry for the loss of child and neighbor. Prayers for the grieving.

Happy Thursday all!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey Kids....

I miss you all.

I am under a great deal of stress and these headaches are becoming more frequent. I did NOT take extreme fit on Monday. I took Metabolic Training (harder than extreme fit) and TRX back to back on Tuesday and TRX yesterday and afterwards ran with the dog and then walked another 45 minutes.

I caught up on posts and realize there are events to celebrate and there are reasons to give my condolences.

Have a great day everyone.
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'll be 45 in July.
    How do I join the cool kid group?
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    gingerbird you just have to make up your mind and do it. Make it a new habit. Measure yourself and put it in a safe place and check back after working hard 3 months later. I just checked mine and was surprised at the difference. You just have to make yourself exercise and choose less calorie foods. MFP is such a great resourse for all of us. track your food and be responsible.
    So sorry to hear of the co worker's daughter and the neighbor's passing. so hard for the families.
    For any newbies out there to join, just check in once in awhile and let us know how you're doing. We are here for each other to help and encourage.
    Remember, slow and steady wins the race. Have a great day everyone.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Wow. I have missed out on a lot lately.
    Thank you to everyone for your condolences, and it looks like some of us have need of them as well. We have some 'Atta boy!!'s to cheer about and great pics too.

I am about to have to recalculate everything and buckle down. I am stalled, mostly due to life getting in my way. It is time to get back on track and get this thing going again.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Options
    Hey Larro, I read on the whats for supper I think about the desert you made with a small yougart and kool whip and sugar free jello, is there any thing else in it, and how do I make it? I can't find the other post. Sorry.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    Still over 40, though I am trying to change that.
    Still not cool, though I've given up on changing that.

And...still

Even older now

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Just took a long hard look back over my food diary and see lots of room for improvement. With all the stuff going on, the last full correct day I logged my food was two weeks ago. A lot of damage can be done in that time. Not good, but at least I see the error of my ways and I can fix it.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Cool Kids. I lived through the trip down the river. We caught a few fish, but didn't keep any of them. All my pictures are on the PC and I'm already in bed {with the laptop}, so I'll have to wait to post them.

Jackie, I know it has been sad at your work. It really hurts when a kid dies.

Crosbylee, glad to see you back. Just buckle down and get back on the road. That is all you can do.

Caramel, we have been missing you. Take care of yourself.

KS, hope you kicked some butt, er.. I meant bags tonight.

Julie, and all the other new guys, welcome. Just start talking and you are in.

Alf, I like your cloud picture. Enjoy your time with family.

Ruby, Allen, Beeps & Everyone else, hello.
    Hey Larro, I read on the whats for supper I think about the desert you made with a small yougart and kool whip and sugar free jello, is there any thing else in it, and how do I make it? I can't find the other post. Sorry.

You can add fruit, but it is good with just those ingredients. Boil a 1/4 cup of water, mix in the jello, add the yogurt and cool whip, whisk, freeze. We would match yogurt and jello flavors. Blueberry is my favorite, but we have tried just about all of them. I haven't made it in a while, but I need to soon.
  • jingerbird
    jingerbird Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good morning Cool Kids....Yayyyy it's Friday.

It's going to be a long weekend....my OH has fallen out of the back of his truck and has lots of bumps and bruises. No need to work out this weekend, running around after him will be all it needs o:)
  • Nataliegetfit
    Options
    Larro, thanks for the info. I remembered everything in it except the water, and forgot to ask how much cool whip, the container I got was big. also do you store it in the fridge or freezer after the initial freeze up. I got strawberry but will try blueberry next time. This is probably going to be a great sweet treat for summer. I will have to follow that whats for supper one for some ideas to try. I am glad you had a nice visit with your cousin and had fun on the water.
    Crosbylee just get back on, make it a habit. Log everything, be as accurate as you can and truthful. It takes awhile for the good habits to show up too, so don't be discouraged and stop, you will start seeing a difference and then it will seem more worthwhile. sometimes when the family is eating something not so healthy, I will pull a piece of fish out of the freezer, add a lot of veggies. Last night we had zatarains dirty rice, so I had a little of that and sauted zucchini and onions and a corn bread muffin and was within my calorie goal and enjoyed it all. (found out later it had a lot of sodium, but I will know for next time) Lots of places have really great lower cal recipes on line.
    Well, I need to get my excercising done this morning and work on some quilts for a friend. Hope you all have a good Friday. It's gonna be rainy and cooler here today...
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Down 1.8lbs total is now 13.5lbs
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I got in a short 15 minute run during my lunch got ride of a wee bit more stress than just a walk would have for me. Went for a 50 minute walk with Kali after work before spending 4 hours preparing dog food. That burned a lot of calories!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm not worried about me it is my friend. Her husband did everything for her! So big time learning curve for her but her family and friends will help her get through things. It will have difficult times but he will be walking along side to help her I am sure.

My brain is a blur right now. Keep up the great work weberyone! Welcome to the newbies!! Remember the best exercise to do is the one you are going to keep doing. Track your food, every single bit, even if you go over your days calories. How can you make changes if you don't know where you can make those improvements?

Keep going all and we'll see less of each and everyone one of us soon!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 5 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Legs & Back & Ab Ripper X"=Done! "only" 106 total pull ups...but they were ALL good ones.
  • Emmalusmom
    Emmalusmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Jinger - The best advise that I can give to you is to understand that you are worth it and that you deserve to be the best that you can be. That is what I am having to continue to tell myself all the time too. It is easier if you are doing something that you enjoy so that it doesn't seem like a chore and more pleasure.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids. Happy Friday.

I'm working tonight, so a short day in the garden. I went out early and turned on the water. I need to put in post and stakes to tie up the tomatoes. A wind storm the other night knocked a few down. Also need to pick the cucumbers. That is going to be an everyday chore from now until they play out.

Jackie, nice loss.

Natalie, I looked back in my recipe box to find the amount of Lite Cool Whip. It's 8 oz for two small yogurts. Something that I didn't even remember was that I used to put it in pie shells. Trying to save calories, I went to graham crack crumbs, then to leaving them out all together. I leave them in the freezer. When I do another one, I'm going to weight it so I can be more exact with my serving size. It's hard to cut even pieces with it frozen.

8 oz Kraft Lite Cool Whip
    2 container, Yoplait Lite Yogurt
    1 container Sugar Free Gelatin Dessert
    2 fl oz, Water -

I also do a dessert with sugar free pudding and pie filling using plain greek yogurt and a little milk and cool whip. I'll try to find it and post the recipe for you. Although I did it different about every time I made it.

Here are a couple of river pictures. Cousin with small large mouth bass, and one of my favorite stretches of river.

xsp11tmcgn9k.jpg
    kln77occlbhl.jpg

Here are the numbers for the week: A loss of 1.1 pounds for the week.
    20.5% Body Fat
    23.7 BMI
    169.4 Pounds

Hope everyone has a good weekend,

Larro

• KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    egztmrgtbw0a.gif

Yeah! It's Friday! A long weekend to boot! No big plans for the Memorial Day weekend. I have to run errands tomorrow and get groceries. I think a bbq with my parents on Sunday and then absolutely nothing on Monday!

I did not go to kickboxing last night. I have been nursing an achilles tendon issue since last week. I was hoping it would get better as the day went on yesterday, but the opposite happened. I looked up some stretches that are supposed to be good for this sort of thing and will start trying them this weekend. It is a bit painful to say the least. I am going to try to do some walking this weekend and hope that it won't irritate it too much. I really need to stay on track with the exercise.

Hope everyone has a great day and weekend!