40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Yesterday Sister and her friend from Colorado came over to watch the Bronco game. It kind of messed up our race watching so it was late before we finished that. Sister and BIL don't have paid TV, and have been known to make snide remarks about us paying so much for Dish TV, but when there is a game they don't get, they don't hesitate to come over to watch.

I slept in to 0730, so I just finished my workout and breakfast. The September weight is still kicking my butt. I've just got off the intro reps, but I have already decided that October will be the first month I don't increase the weight. The last couple of weeks I have increased my time on the Gazelle as well. On non-lifting days I do 30 minutes moderate and 10 minutes intense. Still sticking with 5 minutes on the stationary bike. And as the nights are finally getting down into the high 60's, soon I will be able to use the exercise machines on the front porch. I have a stair stepper and power rider out there that kicks by butt when I haven't used them in 7 or 8 months.

Kate, welcome to the club. Sorry about the mental picture. I wouldn't want to do that to anyone.

Nick, welcome and happy birthday. {would love to see something for your avatar other than the top two thirds of a snowman}

Kelly Sue, great job of toughing out the 5K, even with the bad hip.

Caramel, I have been trying to gain muscle and not doing a very good job of it. I would love to get back up to 180 or 185 if it was all new muscle. And I'm going to try to kill the hogs whenever I see them. They will cause lots of problems in a short amount of time. The main one being that deer won't eat after them in a corn pile. And I accept all FR. The only time I have deleted an active person was some guy that posted about 50 'helpful hints' per day. As busy as I am, making me read extra crap is not a good thing.

Ruby, you are getting to be a regular construction worker. I am not good at that sort of work, but being raised on a farm, always had to do it. These days anything more complex than a shooting house or tree-stand, I call a contractor.

Alf, I find it hard to believe there is a husband out there who doesn't listen to his wife.

Lone Wolf, good luck with that broken hand.

I have an appointment to have a cavity filled tomorrow at 1300, so my shopping schedule will be turned upside down. Must remember to put ice in my cooler before heading out.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Larro
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,977 Member
    Options
    Wow, looooong posts!

I am skipping them.

Except to tell caramel that I do delete "friends" if they haven't logged in for a month!

Got my lifting done, today.

I will lift tomorrow, and then to Vancouver tues-fri.

And then travel is DONE!
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Wow, looooong posts!

I am skipping them.

What?????? After I took time out of my busy day to post, you are not going to read it. I am crushed.

Larro
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Hey Cool Kid's!

Been a pretty good day. I managed 11 machines and then the elliptical today. Josie our 3 yr. old has only thrown around 3 fits so far. I swear that child's possessed.

Larro- Had some older friend's in FL. Ken ( in his 60's) got out of our hotel hot tub in a banana hammock. LOL. That's what I pictured

Emma- It does make things more difficult when our husbands won't eat healthier. Mine will usually try things but will rarely eat a salad and avoids fruit .

KellySue- Good luck with the house hunting.

Carmel- I haven't deleted any yet though have thought about it. At least two of my friends one complains about her poor choices everyday but blames stress. Another rarely logs but is super thin and rarely eats 1000 calories when she does log.

Ruby- Have you gotten to use a nail gun yet? Those are great though the ripsaws and table saws intimidate me.

Lonewolf- I hope your hand heals soon.

Alf- I've heard Zoomba is a blast but haven't taken any classes yet. Usually the classes aren't within my gym times.

As for logging I think I'm on day 95. I'm hoping my cholesterol numbers are better with the weight loss and exercise. Not sure about my GW yet. I set it at 155 which will put me in the latter end of healthy BMI.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Hey Cool Kid's!

Larro- Had some older friend's in FL. Ken ( in his 60's) got out of our hotel hot tub in a banana hammock. LOL. That's what I pictured

It's safe to erase that image. When I swim I tend to favor board shorts. And through no real planning on my part, about 90% of my underwear is plaid boxers.

Larro
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey Kids,

Hope all of you are well and in great spirits today.

It's officially Fall. I look forward to cooler temps and a nicer looker wardrobe. I dislike that it is starting to get darker earlier.

Kate--Awww at 3 they communicate differently than the rest of the world. Wait til she is 7, 10, 13, 16. Enjoy while you can :bigsmile: Your numbers should get better as you lose weight. I take it the machines you referenced are at the gym. What kind of workouts do you enjoy the most and least?

Larro---I had no idea the hogs caused so many problems. I saw 3 in the picture you posted. Are there more than the 3? After you kill them what do you do with them? Please do not say bacon :noway:

Beeps--Who can keep up with you? I would love to be in your suitcase with all the travel you have done as of late.

LoneWolf--Hope you are recovering more and more each day. Love the picture of the wolf.

KellySue, Ruby, Alf, Sdereski, CG, I hope all of you are ok in your respective areas of the world.

I took Extreme Fit last night and those 4 circuits took my breath away. I was sore everywhere and had no idea what to hug or nurse first. During the stretching I was belting out a few tunes in which only I could indentify:blushing: I had to pull out the icy hot and biofreeze after my shower. From my neck down is sore today. I will take this ache over the aches of all the medicine I used to take anyday. I will walk today just to move and rest for tomorrow's torture rack.

If I missed you, forgive me.

Have a great day everyone.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all! It has been a busy morning in my neck of the woods!! Lots of phone calls!! I got up early and did 30 day shred this am before Jake arrived. I have decided that he will be the next runner in our family:

IMG_20140923_081459.jpg

Sorry it's so big- I added it directly from google and I am not sure how to resize it. It is a bit blurry, but he is quick as lightening when he wants to be! He had his little power breakfast of cheerios, apple and fruit snacks this morning so I guess he was really on a roll!

Oh, and in case you didn't notice, those are Grammy's running shoes- he's got some big feet to fill- LOL!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Lol, larro, i am a visual person.

So, keep posting photos! Keep posts short for my short attention span!

Mind you, this board is for everyone over forty.....some peeps totally like all the newsy posts. So, everybody keep doing what you are doing, lol!

I am at the airport. I did lift this morning. Will walk tomorrow. Will lift on friday. I also fly home friday.

I am done traveling for awhile after that. September was kookooooo....i have to get back to work, now, lol!
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Hey Kids,

Hope all of you are well and in great spirits today.

Larro---I had no idea the hogs caused so many problems. I saw 3 in the picture you posted. Are there more than the 3? After you kill them what do you do with them? Please do not say bacon :noway:

Have a great day everyone.

There is just two of the hogs. I think what you are seeing is a trick of light and shadow. There were lots of pictures of them on the game camera, and all I saw was those two.

And with all my freezers so full, we would have to have a pig roast. My BIL just made whole hog sausage from his two pigs, Bacon and Porkchop. He did the cutting and grinding himself. That is a lot of work. When I was a kid I had to help with the hog killing the first really cold spell we had each winter. Back then we did it all ourselves, including hanging it in the smokehouse. Later on we did take to the professionals. But the cost has got so it doesn't save you that much money unless you have a set up to butcher it yourself.

All that said, I don't eat near as much pork as I used to, even though it is still my favorite meat.

Larro
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Tonight is the first night of a 3 month health and wellness program our local Health Department is holding at the Civic Center {where I work}. The place is over run with women getting registered, weighing in and getting ready to do Zumba and other activities. I'm glad of the work. They will meet every Tuesday and Wednesday through December 23rd.

Larro
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hey there!!!! Nothing much going on, same ol same ol!!!:laugh:

Larro, take a Zumba class with the ladies!!!! :wink:

Kate, welcome!! Aww your little girl's name is Josie! My daughter's nickname is Jossie, her name is Josselynn. But my baby girl will be 30yrs old next week!!! :noway: YES!! I am much older than you.

KellySue, congrats on yet another great race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: Jake is so cute wearing your shoes!! :laugh:

Ruby, construction work is hard work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good workout!!! :drinker:

Caramel, you are too funny!!! Thank you for worrying about me. :flowerforyou: Soreness is a great feeling!!!! :noway:

Good night!! :flowerforyou:
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Good morning cool kids!! I have a busy day ahead. Two meetings in a bit this morning and then leaving early to take my husband to another Dr. apt. for his back- still having issues with it, so hopefully we can figure out what is going on.

I found a couple of more pictures from my race on Saturday- one is just before the start of the race and the other is as we all were heading out and I was fixing my ear buds-

1dzyWkxUknNGRYjXHWQvcOg8NF93D1zH3urYEziZxNQ=w112-h207-p-no

J1oosejGmkshu5Y3oRmus-_4x4hgLoE4QA6k-oBEccQ=w254-h207-p-no

Have a good day all!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Hey Kid's

Lost another 2 lbs. Whoop!
    Our 16 yr. old Jonas is doing well in school. I tend to see little of him since Josie was born. He tends to hide in his room :( He's very introverted.

I do love our daughter. It just tends to be stressful. My husband had T.I.A.'s min- strokes when she was around 14 months old. Now he is on meds for blood pressure, anti-anxiety, and nerves. So I'm always trying to keep him calm while left dealing with her tantrums and care myself.

Carmel- I use a lot of weight machines at the gym. Since I don't have a spotter and don't know when my membership will end. It was a gift. I use 4 different ones for my arms and chest, another 4 for legs, and another 3 or so for my core ( abs/back). Then I usually use the elliptical before taking my daughter to the pool where I march and do side leg lifts. Most of the classes aren't in my time frame. Though I was embarrassed once years ago by an instructor so I tend to avoid them. I also try to walk on the days I can't make the gym. Thought of trying C25K but tend to pee a little when I run. LOL. <TMI

Alf- love your daughter's name and I'll be 42 next month

Beeps-sounds like you have an interesting life with all the traveling

Larro- A older guy at the pool yesterday wore some tiny shorts. LOL. Though he did seem very fit. I'm actually surprised how modest most of the women who use the indoor pool are. Of course they were more scantily clad when the outdoor pool was open. They have a lot of water slides so it's a big draw.

Well time for breakfast and then onto the gym. Will check back later.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Quickly read through the posts - great job everyone.

Welcome new cool kids!

Larro & Kelly - love the pictures. :happy:

Got home late afternoon Monday - that was a lot of driving! Which, translates to a lot of sitting. :tongue:
    Had B&B guests when I arrived home. They were different. Wanted to use my kitchen, which I don't normally allow, but the young lady was quite insistent, which I did not appreciate. I left that in the feedback on the site that my place is listed on. You can leave reviews for your guests and guests can leave reviews for their hosts.

Anyway, back to work yesterday and working out. Had a great workout after work with my girlfriend. She had all sorts of new ways to torture me. Was hoping to get up and make a morning class as I have a date with my granddaughter today, so am not going to get my run in, however, this menopause crap that messes with my sleep has me dragging my *kitten*. So, will have to make sure I get a good walk in tonight with Esme.

Beeps - congrats on 1000 days of logging in!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Forgot to mention, I had a FANTASTIC time with my bff, celebrating our birthdays together. I totally surprised her, which was the best, but then we were totally spoiled - manicures, lunch and a wonderful dinner and party afterward. So, yeah, it was worth the 20+ of driving.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Good Morning. Nice cool day here in NW Florida. It's still 68F at 0950. Fall must be here for real.

I'm doing the usual Wednesday stuff, laundry, dishes and straightening up before the cleaning lady gets here. {Beeps, just scroll down to bottom of post} I've already got three loads of clothes done while I was working out and eating breakfast. Since I'll be leaving to go to work this afternoon, I got an early start.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Larro

006_zpsc506953f.jpg
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Know what i like MOST about this board??? All the oictures you guys post!! Soooooo great!!!

It is pure rain here. Blech. Also....bears! So, i do want to go up the gondola, but won't be hiking back down. Too scared of bears. Cousin and i will try and find a beach walk, instead. She is still sleeping. I have been awake for nearly four hours.

Tomorrow is a work day. Then home on friday. Whew!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Am going to try and post a picture of the view / sunset from my house.

viewfrommybeach.jpg
  • sdereski
    Options
    Wow! It worked! I did try and make it smaller by making the "IMG" "img", but it still came out quite large.
  • radimage
    Options
    I'm not sure about the 'cool' part...but my brain is still a kid.

Hi everyone!