40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    LOL@ Larro He was stomping a piece of wood he had propped up at an angle. So yes he did it on purpose. He was building up a fire in the fire pit to cook on. We often cook out on the fire pit and smoke up the neighborhood.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    LOL@ Larro He was stomping a piece of wood he had propped up at an angle. So yes he did it on purpose. He was building up a fire in the fire pit to cook on. We often cook out on the fire pit and smoke up the neighborhood.

Ouch.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    LOL@Larro - My husband has "No Pain Tolerance" what so ever. I once had to call his Mom at 4 a.m. because his stomach hurt. She drove 30 minutes to bring him some immoduim and read him the newspaper. I'm not lying that's when I knew I was in trouble.
    Even our teenage son knows Dad's a hypochondriac. If someone catches a sniffle he'll think he has the flu the next day.

Pot roast was excellent even if I did accidently cook that black plastic thing from underneath the meat in the crock pot with it. LMAO

I went ahead and deleted that girl today. She was constantly writing how she f----ed up again. I just couldn't keep her any longer. LOL down to 39 now.

Hope everyone else is well and burning lots of calories. Check back later.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,977 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to a great week. BOOM!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Greetings Cool Kids

Hope all of you are well, in good spirits and had a great weekend.

I had a great time at Johnny Rad's who has traditional food along with many treats for a vegan. My splurge was the vegan cinnamon doughnut. My gf was surprised at how tasty the "fake" cheesesteak was. I can make seitan myself, yet sometimes I do not feel like it and this was a nice treat. I have been craving blueberries, blueberries and dark chocolate. What in the world?:huh:

I trained with my trainer on Saturday and I did circuit style training with more emphasis on heavier weights. The tightness I felt last week is just starting to subside. I have extreme fit tonight and afterwards I plan to sit in the sauna to relax and unwind.

Kate--You truly bring something special to our group. I am trying to imagine that black piece of liner in your pot roast. Heck they may be the new way to season (lol). Sorry about hubby. In terms of deleting people, I have no issue with it and you have to do what works for you. Nothing aggravates me more than people who WHINE and when you offer what appears to be doable action items there is more whining or another excuse. My f/l has always been rather small as I want quality more than I want quantity.

Larro---As always you are one busy person and you talk about it with such ease and it appears effortless. How were all of the events? Did anything special stand out for you?

Beeps---I know you will make it a great week. What's on the gym agenda this week?

Have a great day everyone
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all,

Kate, I chuckled at the pot roast liner story. That's like cooking the turkey or whole chicken with the bag of innards still in the cavity.

Had a lovely weekend, and the weather cooperated beautifully! My granddaughter happily came to dance and did really well. I could stand outside the classroom this time. She also paid more attention to the teacher and not spend all her time watching the other kids.

Did a great 3+ hour hike yesterday. The trail was so covered in leaves, you could not see it. The colours were spectacular! It's a tough hike, with lots of climbing, and believe me, I did work up a good sweat.

Have not been sleeping the best, so am feeling much more tired in the evenings. I fell asleep on the couch at 8:00 p.m., so I was in bed, asleep by 8:30p.m.! That is unheard of for me. Slept great until 1:30 and then was awake for 3 hours. :grumble:

Rainy day today, so indoor workout for me.

Wishing you all a great day.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Hi Cool Kids! Happy Monday! Busy weekend this weekend. Went to view fall foliage in the Adirondacks on Saturday and ate horribly- but it was yummy! Yesterday went to a birthday party and did not do as well as I would have liked to do, but back on track today!!

I did have a hair appointment in the morning on Saturday- cut and color to cover those grays!! I thought I would get my exercise in there too by riding my bike to get to my appointment. It was not my brightest idea! I was sweaty when I got there and then I had to ride home and get sweaty again after having my hair done- a good workout though since it's about 3.5 miles one way. I just don't think I'll do it again for a hair appointment! :ohwell:

Today I did some power walking when I got up- Keeping about a 14:33 minute mile. Not terrible!

Have a good rest of the day all!
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids. It was a rainy night and morning, but it has tapered off now. My peas need picking, but I hate doing it when they are wet. I'm through with my AM workout, and am proud to say that when I was lifting, I did the standard reps {for the first time all month}. I will use next month to work on my form, as I was pretty shaky on the last few lifts.

sdereski, Margie has trouble sleeping too. Lots of nights she will sleep in front of the TV until I get home from work, then wake up at 3 or 4, and not be able to go back to sleep. If she ever sleeps to 5:30, her normal wake-up time, it is a big deal.

Kate, when we lived in town our neighbor was a good friend of Margie's. He was handicapped and had to use a wheelchair, but did as much for himself as he could. One day they had a pizza lunch date, and his Mom was gone, so he took the pizza out of the freezer and put it in the oven before Margie got there. When the timer went off and he took it out, they found the cardboard still on the bottom. Needless to say, it had to go back in to cook a few more minutes, without the cardboard.

It just started back raining, so no pea picking for me today.

Larro---As always you are one busy person and you talk about it with such ease and it appears effortless. How were all of the events? Did anything special stand out for you?

Caramel, the one thing that stood out was when the wedding party left on Friday night, they told me they needed to get in at 0800. Because of the teen birthday party I worked until 1 o'clock in the morning, not leaving very many hours for sleeping until I had to get back to work. Then on Saturday morning, the wedding party didn't get there until 10:30, meaning I could have slept a couple more hours. But I have been doing this for 23 years, so it isn't a surprise when that happens. And I do get paid by the hour.

Hope everyone is having a good day. I will leave you guys with a picture of my breakfast. I took a break from my usual nuts, seeds, granola, cereal, Greek yogurt, protein powder.........

Edit: right click and open in new tab to see the whole picture.

Larro

10660291_816854501693008_6125686471310213968_n.jpg?oh=40154f127d33b661b93912d8ffaea0d9&oe=548BACB7&__gda__=1418062095_af8e90a6088192754ab0f0dd9cab7780
  • Emmalusmom
    Emmalusmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello Cool Kids,

I hope that everyone is doing well. My husband and I pressure washed our house this weekend. Boy was that a job, but the house looks so much better now and that made me excited.

I am going to Denver this coming weekend for one of my son's wedding the following weekend. I am excited about that too! I just hate all the planning and packing. But really enjoy Colorado it is so beautiful. My entire family is going and this will be the first time we have all been on vacation at one time. We rented a house for the week so that we could all be together. There will be four generations all together. I just have to make it through this week at work.

Larro - You are busy as always and have those pictures that make me want to take a bite out of my monitor. LOL!

Caramel - Glad you enjoyed the dinner out. You are always pushing the edge with your workouts. You keep inspiring me.

Kelly Sue - How is the house hunting going? I was wishing that I had a grandson. There is this play for a lack of better words and it is the Marvel charters and it is coming to our town. I would love to go and see it.

sdereski - I love your grandaughter story. I have one the is 31/2 and she amazes me with the things that she comes up with.

Kate - The black liner thing made me laugh out loud. It sounds like something that would happen to me. I can be special like that. I hope that you and the rest of the family get to feeling better soon.

Beeps - I hope that your traveling gets to slow down soon and you can rest.

Also welcome all the new people. I hope that you enjoy the ride.
  • Emmalusmom
    Emmalusmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello Cool Kids,

I hope that everyone is doing well. My husband and I pressure washed our house this weekend. Boy was that a job, but the house looks so much better now and that made me excited.

I am going to Denver this coming weekend for one of my son's wedding the following weekend. I am excited about that too! I just hate all the planning and packing. But really enjoy Colorado it is so beautiful. My entire family is going and this will be the first time we have all been on vacation at one time. We rented a house for the week so that we could all be together. There will be four generations all together. I just have to make it through this week at work.

Larro - You are busy as always and have those pictures that make me want to take a bite out of my monitor. LOL!

Caramel - Glad you enjoyed the dinner out. You are always pushing the edge with your workouts. You keep inspiring me.

Kelly Sue - How is the house hunting going? I was wishing that I had a grandson. There is this play for a lack of better words and it is the Marvel charters and it is coming to our town. I would love to go and see it.

sdereski - I love your grandaughter story. I have one the is 31/2 and she amazes me with the things that she comes up with.

Kate - The black liner thing made me laugh out loud. It sounds like something that would happen to me. I can be special like that. I hope that you and the rest of the family get to feeling better soon.

Beeps - I hope that your traveling gets to slow down soon and you can rest.

Also welcome all the new people. I hope that you enjoy the ride.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi all!

Got my lifting in-and-done, today. Will do strength group class tomorrow. I worked all the rest of the day...felt SO good! I really like working, so I guess it is time to get as much networking as I can done for October....hopefully to line up a day job or two by november.

I am supposed to be doing my end-of-month reporting tomorrow....not too excited by this because september was not my best month, for sure.

But, the next 3 months should be better! I am kind of hoping to lose 0.5 lbs per week for a 7 lb loss by Xmas. :)
  • jenniemarie91
    jenniemarie91 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi cool kids! My goal for this week is to get in 4 days of cardio - even if it's only in 20 minute spurts. I managed to get in 30 minutes today and the glass-in-the-foot injury didn't both me at all. It only bothers me when I am barefoot - so I guess I shouldn't go barefoot. :)

Emmalusmom - I love when my house is pressure washed. I live in North Carolina, and we have to do it about twice a year - lots of algae on the siding!

Larrodarro - that breakfast looks amazing!!!

KellySue - I have to cover up my grays too!!! I think it's cool that you got in some exercise going there and back - I suppose being sweaty wasn't fun, but at least you snuck in some exercise!

sdereski - I love to go hiking. We have some trails about 30 minutes from my house - but it's hard me to find someone to go with me. I don't like going by myself - I kind of a weenie about being out being out in the middle of nowhere alone, just in case a crazy person is out there. lol!

I can't remember who forgot to take the black lining from the pot roast, but that cracked me up!!!!! That is TOTALLY something that I would do!!!

Have a great week everyone!!!
  • Jett68
    Jett68 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi Cool Kids!

I cut grass (gas, walk behind) and pruned trees (by hand) for seven hours today. I'm not sure how many calories I burned but I do know that I hurt and I fear I will hurt more tomorrow, and to think it was a day off from my regular job. I don't think I want any more days off. lol

Emmalusmom- I'm sure your house looks fabulous now! I would be excited to if my son was getting married I'm so jealous.

Caramel - I don't know the last time I was out for dinner, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Kelly and sdereski - I can't wait until I have grandchildren they're going to be so spoiled!

Larro - Yum! What a great looking meal.

Kate - I hope that you're on the mend soon.

Beeps - I would love to learn how to do weights, I think I would have to hire a personal trainer so I would know what to do and how to do it properly.

Have a great week and welcome to all the new Cool Kids!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Hi All~

Not my best day today already. For those asking about the house hunting- we will be putting it on hold until spring. The other deal I was waiting for to go through fell apart, so we just have to wait it out because I don't know when it will be finished now and I don't want to move in the winter. My husband had a very difficult night and slept very little so needless to say, I slept very little and did not workout this morning as I was just too tired. We then got a call from his cousin, who he is very close with, telling us that her sister passed away after falling last weekend. Sorry it's not a very positive post today. It is just what it is. :cry: Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

Kelly - I am sorry to hear your day has started out so icky, I am very sorry to hear of your husbands cousin passing. My prayers are with you.:flowerforyou:

Knocked off 2 mile run this morning and upper body work out after my cardio. Deep Breath..... it felt great. I have to find time for myself again. Today is day 1 of trying to do the morning workouts AGAIN. The rest of the day just gets in the way so I have to make it work.

Joined a group a new group 100 days until the end of the year with weekly weigh ins. This is motivating me to be accountable and I have to weigh once a week a log it.

I hope you all have great day!
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Emma - You grand daughter might love the superheroes too, My daughter would. We're hoping to see it when it comes to town next year.

So how do all you working parents fit in exercise? I am really struggling. I set the goal of 10k steps but fall short every day. I have to eat lunch so limited time to walk at lunch and life blocks other options for walking. I am just starting to work my swims back in rotation but that is only a couple days a week. If I don't walk at lunch, I only get 3k in my normal work day (engineer - sitting in front of a computer all day).

Larro - that looks yummy!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Emma - the Colorado trip sounds like it is going to be amazing! I love Colorado as well. It is a state I could seriously think of moving to. That and California. :-)

Beeps - great job getting those workouts in. Despite being unemployed, you seem to still have worked a fair bit. I bet a FT job is there for you, you just have to ask for it.

Kelly - Oh, I know about a poor night's sleep and what it can do to your day! Having said that I did finally have a good sleep last night. When I woke up at 6:30, I was thrilled!

I worked out with my trainer yesterday and then took a 45 min interval class with said trainer. I was literally dripping!! I hope I melted a few pounds off! I did a cleanse day yesterday and surprisingly, it went very well. Now to keep the momentum going. I have to travel for a meeting today and they are going to be serving pizza. Ugh! I hope they have salad as well. Maybe I should bring my own JIC!

Jennie - I love to hike as well, and often find it difficult to find someone to go with me. I don't like hiking alone either, but am more afraid that I may encounter a bear on the trails. My two g/fs that I always hiked with moved away, so I don't do nearly as much anymore.

Larro - you sound pretty laid back and seem to take everything in stride. Good qualities to have, especially when you are expecting people at 8:00 a.m. and they show up 2 1/2 hours late! In twenty-three years, I am sure you have seen it all.

jett - do you hire yourself out for gardening? My flower gardens are in desperate need of some TLC and getting them ready for winter.

Well, better get back to work - short day for me today and I have 2 meetings before I head out to my 3rd meeting!

Have a great day all - There will be no workout for me today, so will have to make up for it tomorrow.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids. I got my full AM workout in this morning. These days I'm doing 45 minutes actual machine time, so that is close to an hour when you add in phone calls and getting coffee and water between machines.{will be glad when election is behind us. So tired of robo calls from the two parties} I went back to my everyday breakfast this morning. That is two kinds of granola, cereal, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, soy-nuts, flax-seed meal, protein powder, plain and vanilla Greek yogurt, milk, frozen fruit {right now it's strawberries, blueberries and red raspberries}, milk and whatever stir it up {smoothie} I have in the fridge.

One of my Tampa cousins is here to check on the sale of their pine trees. He always likes to go to the Blountstown Pizza Hut when he's up here. Well him and all my crew {Margie, Mamma, Sister & BIL} went last night. I was able to leave work long enough to join them. I had a big salad and a couple of slices. As good as it is, pizza always makes my stomach rumble and tumble during the night.

Em's Mom, pressure washing is a job of work. Last fall I hired my cousin to help me do my house. It was sure nice to get him started, then coming back in for a cup of coffee. I hope you have a good time in Denver. My sister lived at The Springs for 25 years, and her daughter and her family live in one of the Denver suburbs now. Speaking of which, they will be coming to visit in a couple of weeks. My niece is expecting again. I will have another grand nephew soon.

Ruby, glad you got in a good workout this morning. It sure makes me feel better when I get mine in. Hope the 100 day group works out for you. I saw it in the threads, and would have joined if I was still trying to lose.

Kelly Sue, my prayers go out to your family. It is never easy to lose loved ones.

Jett, you can find calorie burn numbers for cutting grass in the data base. I count two thirds of my 'work' work as a burn. If you look at my diary and see 40 minutes mowing grass, riding mower, that means I was on the tractor an hour.

Jennie, wear shoes:wink:

Today is my shopping day, so I have to hit the shower and get out of here. Hope everyone has a good day,

Larro
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Morning kids

I had my measurements taken last night after extreme fit and I am doing better than I thought. My trainer did suggest that I sign up for the upcoming bod pod testing for $45. This is the same science used for athletes to measure BMI, etc. This is not the first time she suggested, yet this time I will listen. Extreme fit gets harder and harder each week. My personal trainer actually trains this class and you know her eyes are on me (lol). As usual I am sore today and will take a 1-2 mile walk so I can say I did something.

KellySue--If we can only be here during good times, shame on us and we are not a real support system. My heart is saddened that you have experienced yet another loved one passing away. You have my deepest sympathy. I still feel that the right house for you will pop up when it is time. Hugs to you:flowerforyou:

Emma--I really hope your trip is extra special.

Beeps--When the time is right the right opportunity will present itself. In the meantime lift heavy things and I know you will lose your desired weight. You have done it before and you can certainly do it again.

Sdereski--You did great yesterday with PT and class. Are you looking at any upcoming races?

Jett---I am with Sdereski, do you take on other jobs? It appears Larro has some competition....:devil:

Larro--Who can not help but love the imagery your provide us with on regular basis. Are you pizza too late, thus the rumbling?

Nick--As it relates to how I find time....I make and find time. My girls are teenagers now and they do not need as much hand holding. Hubs and I have a system that really works. He hates gyms so he rather work out at home. When they were younger I worked out at the gym near the office at lunchtime and gobbled my food during a break.

Ruby--Awesome about the 100 day. I hope that methodology of accountability works for you. I thrive best in that kind of environment.

Have a great day
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    KellySue, i hope you can remain patient....the right house will come along! Sorry your hubby isn't sleeping. That sucks.

Hi ruby!

nick, i usually get my workouts in, while working fuultime, over the lunch hour.

sdereski - looking for work is actually a fulltime job! I am meeting with a former client, today, who has a blackbook I want access to!

larro - one hour in the gym is plenty, actually! Some of my workouts are longer tgese days, but only b/c i am not rushing around! Today i did a 60 minute max-strength class. Good enough!

Caramel - congrats on getting better measurements than you thought! Great mood-enhancer!

Got lifting in on monday, a strength group class today and lifting tomorrow.

I took my month-end measurements today....down 1" on chest and 1" on hips. Everything else is the same....not bad considering my travels/adventures. October means more consistency with workouts and I am choosing to eat less to move scale down. All good.

BOOM!