40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'll be the first to post on our new and improved thread.

I got a little mowing in this afternoon before work.

393698d1412729955-todays-seat-time-041-jpg
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Am just trying to figure out how this new style of forum works. Took me a while to find this thread. Will see if it shows up on my discussions feed, cause it was not on there this morning!
  • sdereski
    Options
    So, how do you get this to show up on your own discussion feed? I have a feeling we are going to lose a few folks.

Larro, the field looks great!

Beeps, you look fantastic in that dress - almost as good as the model. I love the dress!!!
    - I have to agree with Larro, you look a bit like your avatar. :)

Ran the other day with my hubby. Last night was a cold, miserable day, so my plan was to go home and get my workout in. Instead, my husband had the scaffolding up in the house, ready to change the bulbs and clean the lanterns on our light. Yes, our ceilings are THAT high. This is a two person job - one up on the scaffolding, the other doing the hand me down, washing and handing back up. Took us 2 hours to get that done. Today, he is cleaning the top row of windows while he has the scaffolding up. What a good man! <3

Was supposed to workout with my g/f yesterday but she was not feeling well. We'll try for tomorrow.

Have a great day all.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    Omg! They took "my tooics" away?!?!

Please tell me how to "bookmark". And who is going to ever join a thread with 5,000 posts?!?!

Sniff.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Hey guys. A search will turn up your lost threads if you can remember the name. If you will look at the upper right part of the page there is a star. When you press it it book marks the thread. Then comments will show up at the little bell thing. We may have to reach out with PM's to some of the folks who get lost along the way.

It's house cleaning day at the Larro Ranchero. Would love to get back to mowing the yard, but working on Wednesdays has crimped my style. I'm done with my AM workout and breakfast, and on the 2nd load of laundry. Since I have to go in to work in the afternoon I try to get showered and dressed before the cleaning lady gets here at noon. That means doing it really early, or going into the new week with at least one towel and pair of socks and underwear that goes back in the dirty clothes hamper. I love for the house to be totally clean for that slim slice of time once a week.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Larro
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    What a pain in the butt! I will have to wait to see how this plays out as to whether I like the new forums or not! :s It took me forever to figure out where we are!! Any how- I am feeling better, mostly. I feel like it's been ages since I talked with you all! I did my circuit work out yesterday and it felt great to get back at it. Am feeling some minor DOMS today since it has been over a week since my last workout. Last night was not good. Hubby had major pain. (We actually were at the ER on Monday afternoon because it was so bad- they only switched his meds up and sent him home) He was screaming (quite literally and loudly) most of the night and I was awake the whole time as it was too loud to even begin to sleep. I think he has come to the realization that he is going to have to "bite the bullet" and take a sedative and get the MRI done. It is the only way that they cane really see what is going on. I am supposed to workout again tomorrow and may be sleeping on the couch tonight so I can get some sleep to stay on my schedule. Wish me luck!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hey kids, I figured this out! At the top of this page, there is a little star, by clicking on it, it bookmarks it for you. Then, when you go to your "my topics" page, just click on the little star icon and the bookmarked forum shows up. A pain the butt, especially if you post in a few, but at least I now know where to find this one, easily!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    But the "star" won't show up if the thread is part of one of your "groups".

This thread is not in a "group".

:(
  • larrodarro
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Beeps, go to the group section and your groups will show up. Then you can book mark the threads you were on. But I think you will have to go that route for now. I heard they will be fine tuning this thing for a few days. Maybe that is one of the changes that will be made.
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I am 45 and an new empty nester.My goal is to keep on keping on and keep running.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Hey cool kid's ,

Alfie- I wasn't sure how long it would take for me to find the group again. Thanks for staying on top of it.

I must buy a new camera this year. When I came out this morning the fog looked just like that tv show the dome. I had to wake my husband just to look at it. Managed to get to the gym. Whoop! Leg day. Need to time manage better so I can add in more weighted exercises soon. One hour is just not enough when I try for 40 minutes on the elliptical.

Anyway hello newbies!
    Hello Carmel, Larro, Emma, Lonewolf, Kelly Sue, Sdereski, Ruby, and Beeps! Check back later if I can find it. LOL
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Yep, larro....gotta do three or four steps where before it was one!
  • larrodarro
    Options
    When I went to the forums at work, MFP wanted me to log in when I was already logged in on the main page. I have always logged in through Face Book, so I have no idea what my password is. I'm back home now and didn't have any problem on my PC.

I'm not a big fan of change.

This is where I shout, "and stay off my lawn."
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Morning Cool Kid's!

Wow. I was thinking that was a lot of people joining at once. LMAO. Thought no way can I read all those. Showing 191 pages now.
    Anyway hope it's saved now I clicked the star.

Larro - I log in through facebook too. I'm always forgetting passwords. I some how deleted all my pictures off of Picasso the other day. Grr... They are still on the computer though so may just delete Picasso altogether. To much hassle trying to reverse it. I was only trying to delete the double files.

Kelly Sue - I hope your husband gets some relief soon and you get some much needed rest. I'd send you a cyber massage visit if I could ( LOL not me but one of those nice spa days ).

Hello Carmel, Emma, Lonewolf, Alf, Beeps, and everyone else! I'll check back later
  • sdereski
    Options
    Good Morning all,

Welcome lisa.

Am not a big fan of change either. This sucks. One of the other forums I would post in is gone - cannot find it anywhere. Thought it may be a group, but no. It was locked or private, but have no idea how to find it. :(

Busy night last night. Ran 8km after work and then went to a 45 min exercise class - legs n booties. Got home around 8:45 and still had not had dinner.

The plan is to workout at lunch today with my g/f. That's always a good one. :)

• Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Good morning Cool Kids!
    Thanks Sdereski for figuring out how to bookmark. I clicked the star, so hope it shows up. Your dh sounds like a keeper! I'm still trying to picture the soaring ceiling. Hope your g/f feels better so you can workout together. 8km! You're doing great!
    Larro, the field is gorgeous. I hope it's the last time you have to mow. Great job keeping the lifting schedule!
    KS, glad to hear you're on the mend.
    Welcome lisaanne. Run on!
    Kate, it is hard to manage time so that we can do it all, but it sounds like you've got your priorities straight.
    Beeps ... wow. You totally rocked the dress.
    Caramel, inspiring as always. Love the new pic!
    I had to drive today to bring B in to his house so his friend can transport him to physical therapy. He's finally out of a cast, but can't drive yet. Tomorrow I can ride again. It went pretty good on Tuesday. Just a little glitchy on the hip, but totally bearable. My hip exercises literally kick my butt. Something called "monster steps", side steps with a rubber band, clam shells, adducters (or is it abducters? the inside thigh?) with weights, and hippy hikers. Is it too much to hope for my 20 y.o. butt back?

Hello to everyone else!

Have a great one everybody! :) I miss the flower-holding one.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids.

Lisa Anne, {and all the other new guys} welcome to the thread.

Sdereski, great run, but I don't understand why you would do an exercise to strengthen those little half sock things :o

Kate, glad you are finding time for the weights. I just lift twice a week, but I put in 80-85 minutes when I do.

Kelly Sue, hope your DH gets some relief, and you guys find out what the problem is.

Caramel, have you found us since the change?

Em's Mom, Dito?

Curious, is the exercises to get the hippy hippy shakes back, or to get rid of them? Glad you are able to get back on the bike.

Beeps, hope the new forums get the kinks worked out, or we can come to terms with the changes. I like 90% of the new stuff, it's just the 10% is such a PITA.

Alf, hope you are having fun in the tropics.

I did half my usual AM cardio and 80 minutes of lifting. It took over two hours though because of all the interruptions. Lots of phone calls and Margie came in from work. The toilet in her office turned into a volcano and got her cloths wet. She brought home plenty of work to keep her busy, but I might get a cooked lunch and supper today. We are leaning toward unstuffed peppers for supper. Tune into http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1216261/whats-for-supper#latest
    later on tonight to see what we decided. I need to get back to the mowing. Sometimes I think 6 acres of yard is kind of excessive.

Here are the numbers for the week:
    22.2% Body Fat
    56.7% Body Water
    24.6 BMI
    176.3 Pounds

If I missed anyone, hello to you. Hope everyone has a good day,

Larro

• larrodarro
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Good morning Cool Kids!

Have a great one everybody! :) I miss the flower-holding one.

Check out this thread:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10000041/i-just-discovered-something-new-forums-related#latest

There are lots more to choose from other than the few smiley faces.

Larro
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ....this is the only thread that comes up on bookmarks.

So, you 40+ ers better make it EXCITING around here!!!

I got nuthin' to report....
  • sdereski
    Options
    Strength training at lunch today. My g/f came through and kicked my butt again. :sweat_smile: