Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I decided to try the stationary bike at the gym today.... it was almost successful in murdering my butt. I thought the stationary bike was going to be easy after 40 minutes of stairmaster, but nope!!! They need to invest in some comfy seats so my tush can stop screaming at me.

That's the main thing keeping me from getting a bike. Mix a Lot wrote a song about it once...

LOL! And so true! My son got a new bike a couple weeks ago...I tried to ride it...No flipping way!

The pains subside rather quickly. Usually about a week for new riders... After that, you are good to go!

Ya, you gotta build up some "butt callouses" then you'll be okay. :grin:

I've biked a lot for almost 30 years. And by a lot I mean it has varied from a short daily commute to long biking vacations (i.e. from a few miles to lots of miles). I have one tip to add to the others. Bike shorts designed for women. Takes a few rides to get used to but makes a big difference.

You do have to find the right ones though. Not TOO padded...that just causes more problems. And try Hoo Ha Ride Glide:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_6?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=hoo+ha+ride+glide&sprefix=hoo+ha,aps,168

Totally helps. I actually get more sore in the creases of my legs where they connect to my body... that for me gets really painful if I don't carefully arrange the shorts as I am biking.

Likewise for me in the creases. I've had a saddle sore or 2 in those exact spots that luckily didn't need too much attention other than a quick yet OMG sooo painful squeeze & pop and they didn't sideline me at all so I consider myself fortunate.
    On my 13 mile commute I have to stand and adjust my chamois shorts a few times to avoid any gathering problems. It probably doesn't help I wear loose sweatshorts over my chamois and not biker shorts but I have a 38" inseam and while I think my legs look decent enough, I don't care to share my sun deprived upper thighs with the general public. LOL

@m1xm0d3 My SO also has a 38" inseam so I'm going to pounce on you (as I do every other tall MFP member) and ask WHERE THE HELL DO YOU FIND PANTS??

Seriously. The poor guy wears one style of Levis and his current suit pants are unhemmed because he can't lose any length (fortunately it's not obvious). He has to get a new suit this summer and I have no idea where to even start. Big & Tall stores aren't helpful because the waist sizes are always too big.

I am a 36/38 x 38 and I buy online and online only. lol

Levi's is great for the B&T so that's my go-to for jeans. Pants I go to Kingsize direct. There's also casual male xl.

Darn, I was hoping you would give me some different stores/sites to check out. As previously posted my husband is 7'2" and finding anything that is long enough is a challenge - even more of a challenge is finding the places that might have his size that ship to Canada.... I'm still looking for track/lounge pants....

Maybe I'll start a small online business making them. Lol. My SO lives in the ones I've made when he's at home.

Every now and then we'll pass by the fabric dept in a store and I'll see some really loud or juvenile print flannel or fleece and threaten to make the next pair out of it. >:)

Adidas makes some insanely huge/long track pants. FYI

Thanks for the suggestion. I am pretty sure I have looked there but will check again. I think their longest inseam is 38 and I need a 42.

Yeah dig around. I know for sure the Adidas track pants I have are at least a 42. I literally have to double the waistband over and wear them higher than my waistline so I don't drag them. I wish I could remember where I got them. I thought it was JC Penney but it might have been Kohls. I'll measure the track pants for you later this evening.

Thanks! That would be awesome if you. I know jcp ships to the great white north. It will be a glorious day if kohls decides to ship my way

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I confess... That I haven't ever made a really deep or meaningful confession here. Everyone else seems to relate to each other so much, and I feel like an outcast; in my mind, at least, I'm certain that if I were to make a deeper confession that would leave me vulnerable, I'd be targeted for bullying or judged harshly by everyone here.

I have to admit that I'm not sure how much sense I'm making, or if I'm making sense at all. :) Does anyone else ever feel this way, or is it just the anxiety talking? I don't know that either!

I feel exactly this way. I feel like this in real life too though. I always see other people bond and I never feel like I fit in anywhere. I'm just weird. :) They sent out the company picnic email today and last year I felt so out of place. I think I may skip it this year.

As for this thread, I feel like I can't keep up enough to bond with people. It seems I'm always way behind everyone else on the current topic...(I am still on page 658-I had to train someone this week so I didn't have much alone computer time).

I feel like that in real life quite often myself. :) But if it helps, I find you an important part of this thread! I see you as one of the "in" posters, the ones who post regularly and have stuck around for a while. You aren't an outcast! :)

Ah there in lies the issue...there are no "in" posters. We are all here for the same reason. And for some reason lots of us are introverts who can't tell the people we know in real life things we can tell them here. I often go ... Hmmmm... No one responded to that. Was it stupid? Am I posting too often? Am I boring? Or Weird? As no one responded. In real life I would shut up, leave the party, withdraw, etc. here it feels safe and friendly so I keep coming back. And if we didn't have new people constantly joining we would be bored to tears with each other. Rehashing bra size conversations.

Edited: Ok it's definitely the emoticons on the tablet. My last sentence was... So to me this is the ultimate Woodstock. Everyone just getting along and enjoying the party. Peace. (Delete that again MFP and I'll punch you!)
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I am giving blood today!

My confession is that I don't think I've drank enough water for the nurses to find my difficult veins easily. This is gonna hurt...
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    lm8rkjg8l2wt.jpg

Here's my Disney princess. He totally identifies with Rapunzel.

And of course on the keyboard!

Of course! Until very recently, that was his regular all day sleeping spot.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I confess, I feel a poop coming on.

When we were potty training our daughter, and she would have to go to the bathroom, she'd say, "My poop is coming!" My husband and I still laugh about that.

That is a story that we plan sharing with her future husband. >:)

hahaha! My 5 year old loves to yell out in public "mom, I have to go poop" then while in the stale he likes to make grunting noises and describe in detail what is happening. "oh man it's a big one, mom!" I try to quiet him down but he lacks the library/movie theater voice ability and the ladies in the bathroom always crack up.

Hahahaha that's hilarious.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I used Wal Mart's site to store for the first time this past Christmas and waited for twenty minutes to pick up someone's present, but apparently, the people ahead of me had to wait for at least an hour because there was nobody working in that department for a while.

Walmart site 2 store is a joke. I did a pickup a month or so ago and had a huge wait. Like 20 minutes with only 2 people in front of me. And of those 2 people, they couldn't find one's order and the lady said she had JUST got the email note to come pick it up. Ooooh talk about MAD! I know I would have shown my azz for sure.

Sometimes some of the e-mails they get are saying it was shipped to store & they come in getting ticked that the item isn't in yet.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    ppkrts2jcd27.jpg

My sweet girl, Chloe. This was taken soon after I got home from dogsitting. She really missed me. I missed her snuggles.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    ppkrts2jcd27.jpg

My sweet girl, Chloe. This was taken soon after I got home from dogsitting. She really missed me. I missed her snuggles.

So cute! Everyone's pets are adorable!! Makes me sad I don't have any just can't with my work schedule :( I love dogs so much I can't wait to have one! I can't have cats otherwise I'd get one now because I'm very allergic, it sucks!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    We don't really censor what my son sees or hears, but he also knows he's not allowed to swear. Generally, he's too embarrassed to do it anyway. However, there is one particular workout term he's heard, and he says he's allowed to say it, because it's an "official exercise term." Which is why I nearly hurt myself working out tonight when I was struggling on my last set of squats and he yells, "*kitten* to grass, mom!" Thanks, coach.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Summer patios + me = a recipe for disaster. I have no idea how I am going to stay on track. The drinks and food are just so good!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Oh and new profile pic. SKINNY ARMS ROB LOWE!!! He's my fav out of those commercials.

I was going to ask about that! Now I see it. I couldn't tell what it was at first.

Looks like I'm not having any mayonnaise cuz the struggle is real! lol

Although in haste I did mistake his name. It's actually SCRAWNY ARMS ROB LOWE. (I know, same difference) hahaha

Oh yeah, you know how UN-PC is it use words like "skinny" and "fat"! On a related note, is my guacamole promoting obesity? I opened the lid and inside it says, "I'm chunky and proud of it!".

I only hear one thing from guac.... EAT ALL OF ME IN ONE SITTING. <3 I love guac soooo much. I can (but don't) eat it by the spoonful.

That is one of the few things I have to watch my portions on! Stir in some salsa and top it with sour cream and shredded cheese - yum!

Me too. To the point of buying only the 100 cal single serving cups of Wholly Guacamole. Otherwise I'll eat the container.

I did slice up a whole avocado last weekend and ate it for lunch. lol

One avocado = one serving. I could live on them. Yumm. I eat entire avocados several times a week.

I have pretty much stopped eating it 'cause, you know, a serving is a pint as far as I am concerned. Guacamole and Hummus are my downfalls. I can talk about them like you guys talk about ice cream on here.

And now I want guacamole.

Hummus is wonderful too. I have a hard time eating a serving when the whole container is there. I'm a little picky with guacamole but I live in Arizona so avocados are less than $1 each year round and the restaurants know how to make good guac. There is a perfect avocado in my refrigerator calling me. I'm
  • cnoonannurse
    cnoonannurse Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I CONFESS: I would sell my 15year old daughter to gypsies for a string of beads and a pretty scarf
  • cnoonannurse
    cnoonannurse Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I CONFESS: I would sell my 15year old daughter to gypsies for a string of beads and a pretty scarf

MFP ate my post!

She is acting like a total jerk over all. Often wanting to spend all her time with her friends, then complaining that I never spend any time with her. Tonight she is having a friend sleep over...and was absolutely HATEFUL to her 3 year old sister (who idolizes her)!

So...I took "little" out to dinner and left 15 and friend to fend for themselves.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

MFP ate my post!

She is acting like a total jerk over all. Often wanting to spend all her time with her friends, then complaining that I never spend any time with her. Tonight she is having a friend sleep over...and was absolutely HATEFUL to her 3 year old sister (who idolizes her)!

So...I took "little" out to dinner and left 15 and friend to fend for themselves.

I like your solution, "little" gets some extra loving and 15 sees some immediate consequences. My 16 is pretty good, it is a possible ED we're working on. I think we're in a good place. Hugs to you and hopefully some great answers will come in with helpful ideas.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    I am way behind on this thread.

I confess that when I was a kid I was the one who would be found eating chips or candy and drinking soda for breakfast at school. Those are the things that I could steal easily (without getting caught) on the way to school. If I didn't do that I didn't eat. Every time I read another thread on these forums I get reminded of this. Now, I don't know if that other kid is in even remotely the same situation I was, but I am saddened at all the people who think that you shouldn't even check in on the child.

There is a little girl that I spend time with every week who has been in and out of foster care for her entire life (this is not uncommon). The first thing that foster care wants to do is reunite families, but this isn't always a good thing. Her father melted her ears completely off her head and they placed her back in her home after that happened. The only reason she is in care now is because her father dropped dead of a heart attack. Every time I look at one of these kids I'm reminded that most people don't want to get involved and I get so very angry.

I don't know if this was very coherent and I apologise if not, but I've just come home from one of these visits and I'm very worn down.

Heartbreaking. Bless you for doing what you do! These poor children.

Thank you. It can be very hard for them.

I didn't even know how to respond to your original post. It was very coherent and heartbreaking. Thank you for doing what you do. And I'm really happy that happened to her dad, although he deserved much worse.

Thank you. When those kids talk about bad things happening to their parents (abusers) it is really hard not to get a look of vicious glee on my face. I don't want to make them think what they're feeling is wrong.
  • clover157
    clover157 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oh and new profile pic. SKINNY ARMS ROB LOWE!!! He's my fav out of those commercials.

I was going to ask about that! Now I see it. I couldn't tell what it was at first.

Looks like I'm not having any mayonnaise cuz the struggle is real! lol

Although in haste I did mistake his name. It's actually SCRAWNY ARMS ROB LOWE. (I know, same difference) hahaha

Oh yeah, you know how UN-PC is it use words like "skinny" and "fat"! On a related note, is my guacamole promoting obesity? I opened the lid and inside it says, "I'm chunky and proud of it!".

I only hear one thing from guac.... EAT ALL OF ME IN ONE SITTING. <3 I love guac soooo much. I can (but don't) eat it by the spoonful.

That is one of the few things I have to watch my portions on! Stir in some salsa and top it with sour cream and shredded cheese - yum!

Me too. To the point of buying only the 100 cal single serving cups of Wholly Guacamole. Otherwise I'll eat the container.

I did slice up a whole avocado last weekend and ate it for lunch. lol

One avocado = one serving. I could live on them. Yumm. I eat entire avocados several times a week.

I have pretty much stopped eating it 'cause, you know, a serving is a pint as far as I am concerned. Guacamole and Hummus are my downfalls. I can talk about them like you guys talk about ice cream on here.

And now I want guacamole.

Hummus is wonderful too. I have a hard time eating a serving when the whole container is there. I'm a little picky with guacamole but I live in Arizona so avocados are less than $1 each year round and the restaurants know how to make good guac. There is a perfect avocado in my refrigerator calling me. I'm

Oh yes, I'll join you in the dip love. I love all dip. I love flavoured hummus, like roasted carrot or spicy pumpkin. I had a spiced French lentil dip awhile back that was the best but I haven't found it since :(
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    With all the pics of awesome dogs and cats floating around here, I can't resist sharing one of my cat (and I hope this works because I'm lame when it comes to technology):

8478f49e-3c96-4b58-81f4-7a2a0e935c15_zps1fuicbmz.jpg

This is Buddy. Or as I call him: Budweiser, Budster, The Budinator, Bud-Bud, Buddy Love, Buddy Cake, BeelzeBud, Booger, Sweet Boy, Old Man, or Flabby Tabby. :) And yeah, he pretty much always looks like this...at least when I'm around.

ETA: Appropriate that my devil cat lands on page 666, LOL. He's evil but I love him :)

Oh I love him! He's so super fab! Love the eyes and the markings. So striking!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    lm8rkjg8l2wt.jpg

Here's my Disney princess. He totally identifies with Rapunzel.

On the keyboard! So adorable.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I confess that all of the cat pictures are making me super jealous. I miss my baby. :'( Her name is Zainab, and as mentioned earlier in the thread, I had to give her to my sister when I got married because my husband is horribly allergic. I hand-raised her from a teeny little tot.... When I get on my computer I'll attempt to share some pictures. :D
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I want to thank everyone for their support. I actually didn't say anything to my parents, they actually ended up looking up the signs for anorexia online and my mom called me. :frowning: So now I send her photos of the food I'm eating (despite the fact that I eat the same things most weeks ((out of sheer convenience))) but she likes to know. So we'll see. I actually hit my goal weight back in March and then lost five more pounds in, I guess, a whoosh sort of occurrence and so now it just sort of hangs out there.

I have been floating around the the 'gaining weight' board but, honestly, the thought of actively trying to gain weight is terrifying, upsetting, and daunting. The logical part of my brain knows I need to, but it seems to be drowned out by the hysterical part. :confused:

And I guess to end this post on some lighter notes:

I went out and got Talenti Mediterranean Mint gelato because of all the mint/chocolate talk many pages back.

And! A photo of my cat Ella (whom I call Kiki and unintentionally named after my sister's dog, Ellie :lol: ).

She spends most of her time on her back. lol. She's also super affectionate and hates when I do housework or any cooking because it means I'm not petting her. haha.

ix69xozv6ub9.jpg

2ahe784x49r1.jpg