Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    jessicapk wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    slimzandra wrote: »
    Speaking of showers. Every time my BF stays over he uses my shampoo, soap, deodorant and my toothpaste. Frankly, I don't like it for a number of reasons. We've talked about it, but he thinks I'm petty. Yesterday, I asked him where his stuff was, he said in his gym bag at work. Today, I hid the deodorant, when he asked where it was, I said, "It's gone".

Oh, I'm judging this! Men should NOT wear women's deodorant.

I've worn my boyfriend's deodorant before. The first time was when I was first staying at his place but before I moved my toiletries in. The second was after he had an allergic reaction to one. It was an expensive one, too! I couldn't let it go to waste. I am still wearing it now and it works better than mine.

Oh speaking of deodorant... I'm avoiding the ones with aluminum and parabens... which unfortunately means that all the antiperspirants are out. It's such a drag...
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    One of my CWs is in the kitchen eating a plain salad, no dressing at all... with a 20 oz bottle of regular Coke.
    These choices are perplexing to me.

Yuck. I hate dry lettuce. I don't like regular Coke, either, but in this instance I'd just drink the Coke and forget about the lettuce.

I have been known to chomp down on large handfuls of plain lettuce while chopping it for salads and such... I LOVE the crispy, watery crunch! More for me, I guess. ;)
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Earlier I was looking up recipes containing eggs and I came across this advice, "Baked eggs (350 °F (177 °C) for 1/2 hour in a muffin tin, cool in ice water) are identical to boiled eggs but the shells peel easier." I don't know if it works or not, but I remember a couple of people throwing eggs away because they wouldn't peel. Maybe this is worth a try?

That seems like a long time at too high of heat to me - anyone else? Interesting, though.

I do this at 300 for 30 minutes.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    Options
    There was a poptart thread I saw on here a while back, and ever since then I have been wanting a poptart. The weird thing is I DON'T EVEN LIKE POPTARTS! I've always found them rather cardboard-y. Why do I want one?

Brown Sugar and Cinnamon or Frosted Strawberry. You'll thank me later haha :wink:
    I'm planning on going to the store (if the rain stops!) and I might pick some up! :P Toasted or nontoasted?

There was a poptart thread I saw on here a while back, and ever since then I have been wanting a poptart. The weird thing is I DON'T EVEN LIKE POPTARTS! I've always found them rather cardboard-y. Why do I want one?

I started that.
    I meant this one: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10128526/i-ate-pop-tarts-for-47-days-straight-and-look-what-happened/p1 Which one did you make?

Well, I made a confession that I can't eat the crusts off of poptarts, and it started a 2-3 page poptart minithread here, as well as a bunch of poser poptart threads in the main forum.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Earlier I was looking up recipes containing eggs and I came across this advice, "Baked eggs (350 °F (177 °C) for 1/2 hour in a muffin tin, cool in ice water) are identical to boiled eggs but the shells peel easier." I don't know if it works or not, but I remember a couple of people throwing eggs away because they wouldn't peel. Maybe this is worth a try?

That seems like a long time at too high of heat to me - anyone else? Interesting, though.

I do this at 300 for 30 minutes.

Okay, well, I'm not sure why I thought I knew anything about this since I don't eat eggs. But I do cook a lot. Well, used to, before the kids all moved out. Guess my cooking skills have gone bad.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    One of my CWs is in the kitchen eating a plain salad, no dressing at all... with a 20 oz bottle of regular Coke.

Yuck. I hate dry lettuce. I don't like regular Coke, either, but in this instance I'd just drink the Coke and forget about the lettuce.

I have been known to chomp down on large handfuls of plain lettuce while chopping it for salads and such... I LOVE the crispy, watery crunch! More for me, I guess. ;)

That's the reason I love celery, but I don't like lettuce oddly enough.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    Options

Knock Knock?

Who"s there?

Lettuce

Lettuce who?

Lettuce in and you'll find out!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    That's part of the reason why I love bell peppers so much. They're so crunchy and feel so refreshing and hydrating. Oh... and cucumbers. I love cucumbers... and if you chop em up and put them in water, it tastes so amazing.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    jessicapk wrote: »
    slimzandra wrote: »
    Speaking of showers. Every time my BF stays over he uses my shampoo, soap, deodorant and my toothpaste. Frankly, I don't like it for a number of reasons. We've talked about it, but he thinks I'm petty. Yesterday, I asked him where his stuff was, he said in his gym bag at work. Today, I hid the deodorant, when he asked where it was, I said, "It's gone".

Oh, I'm judging this! Men should NOT wear women's deodorant.

I've worn my boyfriend's deodorant before. The first time was when I was first staying at his place but before I moved my toiletries in. The second was after he had an allergic reaction to one. It was an expensive one, too! I couldn't let it go to waste. I am still wearing it now and it works better than mine.

Oh speaking of deodorant... I'm avoiding the ones with aluminum and parabens... which unfortunately means that all the antiperspirants are out. It's such a drag...

Yeah. I'm with you. I use the crystal one (not sure the brand name), and although the smell is gone, the wet pits suck.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Finally caught up. Geez.

I'm debating going to Sonic today to get chili cheese tots. With added jalapeños.

Jealous. There's no Sonic close to me. I live their drinks in the summer and their tater tots.

The closest one is about 45 minutes away, but it's the next town over from my in-laws... And I happen to be dropping my son off at their house today...

Are you signed up for their text alerts? If not, you should be. Today, they have $1 6" hot dogs all day with a limit of 3. I'm not sure if you have to show the text or just mention it, but it's worth a try. I love the chili cheese coney with tots and a cherry limeade. YUMMY!

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    m_w_s wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Finally caught up. Geez.

I'm debating going to Sonic today to get chili cheese tots. With added jalapeños.

I always see commercials for Sonic and I really wish they were in Canada!

Sonic is amazing. I'm so sad there aren't any in Canada, and also not one in Buffalo, since I'm there regularly - but when I'm down in Texas periodically (in-laws) I always make sure to do a couple of stops there. Cherry limeade with extra cherry. Mmmmm.

That's my jam! I love it when they actually put the maraschino cherries in the bottom of the cup too!

• tulips_and_tea
    Options

Knock Knock?

Who"s there?

Lettuce

Lettuce who?

Lettuce in and you'll find out!

Hahaha! Good thing I eat a lot of vegetables because my diet is sadly deficient in the "greens" catagory as far as lettuce and kale and spinach go. Just don't care for them.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else bothered to venture over to that "Ketogenic 1 month progress" or whatever it's called thread yet? Dude's a walking ketoacidosis case waiting to happen!
    Just reading that made me feel sick and my heart beat faster. I've tried going low carb many times in the past and it always ends up very, very bad. I get very weak, lightheaded, and nauseous. So to me, this sounds awful! I love my carbs. Mmmm.... bread.

I try to do a lower carb diet, but I'm not even attempting keto. I've just got done studying what happens when there are too many ketone bodies built up in the blood....yeah, no thanks. lol

That isn't really how it works. It's an issue for T1 diabetics, but that has nothing to do with keto.
  • m_w_s
    m_w_s Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    m_w_s wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Finally caught up. Geez.

I always see commercials for Sonic and I really wish they were in Canada!

Sonic is amazing. I'm so sad there aren't any in Canada, and also not one in Buffalo, since I'm there regularly - but when I'm down in Texas periodically (in-laws) I always make sure to do a couple of stops there. Cherry limeade with extra cherry. Mmmmm.

That's my jam! I love it when they actually put the maraschino cherries in the bottom of the cup too!

Haha yes. And I'm the only one who likes the maraschino cherries, so I always get to eat the ones off everybody's sundaes and cream shakes etc.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Heh, I usually end up taking a dump an hour or two after weighing myself in the morning.

I was so relieved to go to the bathroom on Monday since I was constipated for almost a week. I weighed myself in the morning & weighed 153 & lost a pound after finally pooping.

THANK GOD for prunes & a ton of water.

I confess that that once while shopping with my mom I farted in a thrift store & my mom thought it was a little old lady who stunk up the store.

This made me laugh. :)

Ugh, I totally understand being constipated. I've tried so many things to fix it. I've even complained to my doctor but she didn't seem to care. I'm getting a new doctor...

I've tried: coconut oil, magnesium (the drink and pills), olive oil, Epson salt drink, prunes, culturelle, fiber, etc etc. I'm not sure what else to try.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else bothered to venture over to that "Ketogenic 1 month progress" or whatever it's called thread yet? Dude's a walking ketoacidosis case waiting to happen!
    What did he mean by 'pissing glitter'? Sounded like he meant it literally, not in a 'farting rainbows and unicorns' sort of way. Is this a side-effect of super low-carb? Yes, I know it's no actual glitter, so what is it?
  • JPW1990
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    What did he mean by 'pissing glitter'? Sounded like he meant it literally, not in a 'farting rainbows and unicorns' sort of way. Is this a side-effect of super low-carb? Yes, I know it's no actual glitter, so what is it?

I took it to mean rainbows and unicorns. And/or he's one more sap who got suckered into dropping $25 on ketostix and thinks they actually work. (urine test strips that turn purple if you have one of 3 kinds of ketones in your system)
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Tonight I learned that I probably have to put my gelding down soon. Really soon. I am sorry but this is the saddest news of my life. I love that horse body and soul. I may go awol.

No! That is so sad! :( I'm so sorry. It made me teary...

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Just reading that made me feel sick and my heart beat faster. I've tried going low carb many times in the past and it always ends up very, very bad. I get very weak, lightheaded, and nauseous. So to me, this sounds awful! I love my carbs. Mmmm.... bread.

I try to do a lower carb diet, but I'm not even attempting keto. I've just got done studying what happens when there are too many ketone bodies built up in the blood....yeah, no thanks. lol

That isn't really how it works. It's an issue for T1 diabetics, but that has nothing to do with keto.
    Oh, ok. Got a bit confused there, apologies.

I'm not exactly sure what he meant by "pissing glitter", and he never clarified.... I couldn't make sense of half of what he was saying. I did get he was having heart palpitations, but that's about it. I do know that if my piss was "glittering" I'd be hightailing it to the doctor's office!
  • JPW1990
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

Oh, ok. Got a bit confused there, apologies.

I'm not exactly sure what he meant by "pissing glitter", and he never clarified.... I couldn't make sense of half of what he was saying. I did get he was having heart palpitations, but that's about it. I do know that if my piss was "glittering" I'd be hightailing it to the doctor's office!

Don't worry about it - there are still doctors out there who get confused by it. So many horror stories on reddit. I've been lucky to have found older doctors who get it most of my life.