Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    What a week.

So, I'm officially done with my old job, paid through next Tuesday, cashing out all of my vacation time. What a soul suck the last few days were.

I won't say anything bad about anyone there, it's behind me, here's the gist of it.

I went to the Sr Director of Human Resources yesterday, and said "It hurts me being here until Tuesday, but I plan on honoring my commitment." When the General Manager for the property came back from being out of town for 2 days, he went to her, basically said "AOJ's had 10 good years here, there's a severe breakdown in relationships between he and his direct management, let's get him out of here and let everyone move on and have a good Memorial Day weekend."

So at 1 O'clock today, I walked to the door with the SDHR, got outside, took a deep breath and headed home.

I spent a few hours in my front yard sitting on the steps, then I went and mowed someone else's lawn.

I've gotten tons of texts because for some reason, when you leave work before your resignation date, everyone assumes there's a negative connotation. I typically don't talk about work publicly, but I had to put a facebook message up to clarify to people I left out of reciprocated respect for all parties involved.

So that chapter has ended, and I know I'll be much happier going forward.

Sorry for anyone I've worried with my absence the last few days.

~AOJ

Yes, we've been terribly worried about you! But no apology needed. I understand. Really glad you are done there! Enjoy your time off!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I decided to try the stationary bike at the gym today.... it was almost successful in murdering my butt. I thought the stationary bike was going to be easy after 40 minutes of stairmaster, but nope!!! They need to invest in some comfy seats so my tush can stop screaming at me.

That's the main thing keeping me from getting a bike. Mix a Lot wrote a song about it once...

LOL! And so true! My son got a new bike a couple weeks ago...I tried to ride it...No flipping way!

The pains subside rather quickly. Usually about a week for new riders... After that, you are good to go!

Ya, you gotta build up some "butt callouses" then you'll be okay. :grin:

I've biked a lot for almost 30 years. And by a lot I mean it has varied from a short daily commute to long biking vacations (i.e. from a few miles to lots of miles). I have one tip to add to the others. Bike shorts designed for women. Takes a few rides to get used to but makes a big difference.

You do have to find the right ones though. Not TOO padded...that just causes more problems. And try Hoo Ha Ride Glide:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_6?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=hoo+ha+ride+glide&sprefix=hoo+ha,aps,168

Totally helps. I actually get more sore in the creases of my legs where they connect to my body... that for me gets really painful if I don't carefully arrange the shorts as I am biking.

Likewise for me in the creases. I've had a saddle sore or 2 in those exact spots that luckily didn't need too much attention other than a quick yet OMG sooo painful squeeze & pop and they didn't sideline me at all so I consider myself fortunate.
    On my 13 mile commute I have to stand and adjust my chamois shorts a few times to avoid any gathering problems. It probably doesn't help I wear loose sweatshorts over my chamois and not biker shorts but I have a 38" inseam and while I think my legs look decent enough, I don't care to share my sun deprived upper thighs with the general public. LOL

@m1xm0d3 My SO also has a 38" inseam so I'm going to pounce on you (as I do every other tall MFP member) and ask WHERE THE HELL DO YOU FIND PANTS??

Seriously. The poor guy wears one style of Levis and his current suit pants are unhemmed because he can't lose any length (fortunately it's not obvious). He has to get a new suit this summer and I have no idea where to even start. Big & Tall stores aren't helpful because the waist sizes are always too big.

I am a 36/38 x 38 and I buy online and online only. lol

Levi's is great for the B&T so that's my go-to for jeans. Pants I go to Kingsize direct. There's also casual male xl.

SO is 38/38. Thankfully, we can special order the jeans through a workwear store and he stocks up when they have a deal on Levis.

Thanks for the other retailers!

I had an ex that was 34x38. Finding jeans for that man was an event, and it was before online shopping was so ubiquitous. If we found some, the details didn't matter, we had to buy.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I decided to try the stationary bike at the gym today.... it was almost successful in murdering my butt. I thought the stationary bike was going to be easy after 40 minutes of stairmaster, but nope!!! They need to invest in some comfy seats so my tush can stop screaming at me.

That's the main thing keeping me from getting a bike. Mix a Lot wrote a song about it once...

LOL! And so true! My son got a new bike a couple weeks ago...I tried to ride it...No flipping way!

The pains subside rather quickly. Usually about a week for new riders... After that, you are good to go!

Ya, you gotta build up some "butt callouses" then you'll be okay. :grin:

I've biked a lot for almost 30 years. And by a lot I mean it has varied from a short daily commute to long biking vacations (i.e. from a few miles to lots of miles). I have one tip to add to the others. Bike shorts designed for women. Takes a few rides to get used to but makes a big difference.

You do have to find the right ones though. Not TOO padded...that just causes more problems. And try Hoo Ha Ride Glide:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_6?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=hoo+ha+ride+glide&sprefix=hoo+ha,aps,168

Totally helps. I actually get more sore in the creases of my legs where they connect to my body... that for me gets really painful if I don't carefully arrange the shorts as I am biking.

Likewise for me in the creases. I've had a saddle sore or 2 in those exact spots that luckily didn't need too much attention other than a quick yet OMG sooo painful squeeze & pop and they didn't sideline me at all so I consider myself fortunate.
    On my 13 mile commute I have to stand and adjust my chamois shorts a few times to avoid any gathering problems. It probably doesn't help I wear loose sweatshorts over my chamois and not biker shorts but I have a 38" inseam and while I think my legs look decent enough, I don't care to share my sun deprived upper thighs with the general public. LOL

@m1xm0d3 My SO also has a 38" inseam so I'm going to pounce on you (as I do every other tall MFP member) and ask WHERE THE HELL DO YOU FIND PANTS??

Seriously. The poor guy wears one style of Levis and his current suit pants are unhemmed because he can't lose any length (fortunately it's not obvious). He has to get a new suit this summer and I have no idea where to even start. Big & Tall stores aren't helpful because the waist sizes are always too big.

I am a 36/38 x 38 and I buy online and online only. lol

Levi's is great for the B&T so that's my go-to for jeans. Pants I go to Kingsize direct. There's also casual male xl.

Darn, I was hoping you would give me some different stores/sites to check out. As previously posted my husband is 7'2" and finding anything that is long enough is a challenge - even more of a challenge is finding the places that might have his size that ship to Canada.... I'm still looking for track/lounge pants....

7'2"!! Well, sounds like you're going to have to make friends with the professional basketball players and see where they shop!
    A business opportunity!
    Start sewing or hire someone and start your own online store. It sounds as if there is a market. I'm 4'11" and size 4.5 shoes. I special order my dressy shoes from a store in Columbia
    I confess... That I haven't ever made a really deep or meaningful confession here. Everyone else seems to relate to each other so much, and I feel like an outcast; in my mind, at least, I'm certain that if I were to make a deeper confession that would leave me vulnerable, I'd be targeted for bullying or judged harshly by everyone here.

I have to admit that I'm not sure how much sense I'm making, or if I'm making sense at all. :) Does anyone else ever feel this way, or is it just the anxiety talking? I don't know that either!

• nonoelmo
    Options
    You are welcome and you are safe here to confess or not as you prefer.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    CNoitez wrote: »
    CNoitez wrote: »
    I might be diabetic, but I smoke anyway because YOLO.

Smoking + Diabetes = the WORST combination ever!

Also, there is no -might-, you need to get that crap checked out before you go blind or something!

I thought this was a no-judgment zone.

She has a lot of first-hand experience with diabetes and is just concerned about you!
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I confess... That I haven't ever made a really deep or meaningful confession here. Everyone else seems to relate to each other so much, and I feel like an outcast; in my mind, at least, I'm certain that if I were to make a deeper confession that would leave me vulnerable, I'd be targeted for bullying or judged harshly by everyone here.

I have to admit that I'm not sure how much sense I'm making, or if I'm making sense at all. :) Does anyone else ever feel this way, or is it just the anxiety talking? I don't know that either!

I know what you mean. I also confess that the talk of beer is making me look forward to my night out tomorrow and I know this sounds callous, but I genuinely don't really have any first hand experience of problems due to alcohol, nothing beyond bad hangovers anyway, which I know makes me very lucky and I am grateful for it.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I am really upset this morning because my degu is dying, I am sure of it now.....he has almost completely stopped eating and now his fur is falling out.....I was up at 4am hand feeding him corn flakes but have to leave for work now and am terrified he is going to die by himself in his cage while I am not home....I can't stop crying......its gonna be a long day, or few days, every time I have to leave the house.....

I am so sorry about this. Not that I want to hurry this along or seem insensitive, but if you are sure he is dying maybe you would want to consider euthanasia? I know how hard that is but it is so peaceful for the animal. I have done this for all my animals, and frankly, wish someone would do this for me when I get old and sick. To be honest, I waited too long on 2 of my cats...wish I had done it sooner as they were in bad shape but I so didn't want to let them go. :(

If he becomes noticeably distressed or really sick I will do that asap, but while he is just still walking around living then I won't. Other than he is slower and eating next to nothing, he is still acting normally for the most part....but he has lost a lot of weight.....I am still super worried and not thinking he is gonna live too much longer, but not as freaked out as I was yesterday.....

When I took my guinea pigs to the vet one time they said that small animals like that, as prey animals, will go out of their way to hide any weakness, so showing any change can suggest that they are in a lot of pain. I'm sorry for your current situation, it's so hard and I know some people can be very dismissive of it, when I had to get my 7 yo guinea pig euthanased last year the last of 4 we'd had over 9 years) I was in tears, as I was every time we lost one, but I felt like a lot of people thought it was just a guinea pig.

My daughter had 2 guinea pigs that died 2 weeks apart. They are buried in shoe boxes in our backyard. We cried and had a little funeral for them. Pets, regardless of species, are family members.

• nonoelmo
    Options

I'm inept at doing this on my phone. I hope @Susieq-1994 understood me.

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

I think it's easy to feel like others are relating in a deeper way than you are. I know when I first start posting somewhere (and sometimes in this thread) it's easy to feel like everyone else are friends already and you are on the outside. This thread moves so fast that I think we've all probably had posts that got missed or just no one knew what to say to them.

So I'd say that others probably do feel the same way from time to time and that it is also probably your anxiety somewhat, but I think you shouldn't feel compelled to do anything you aren't comfortable with.

I see you as an important part of this thread, though, certainly not an outcast!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options

I don't think I've ever made a "confession" here in the sense of 'fessing up to something foolish or reprehensible that I've done. My posts have been more along the lines of revealing personal stuff and doing a "me too!" to the confessions of others.

But, in the spirit of No Judgement, I figure I'm pretty safe to post this way since we can't be judged for failing to post our deepest and darkest secrets ;)

I think it's pretty normal to have reservations about revealing intensely personal information, in real life and online.

And I've also seen some interesting confessions on here that have NOT been judged.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    My confession is I wish the gym wouldn't allow kids in the pool. There are so many pools around that people could go to, I just don't understand why private gyms have to allow it too. If there was even one around that didn't it would be a serious factor for me. Today there were lessons in the pool and it was down to 2 lanes. I nearly put my swim off completely when I saw all the kids in the changing rooms, and cut it down from my planned 30 to 20 minutes because it was so loud. I went into the steam room and it was still really loud. Please tell me I'm not the only person who hates this!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I am really upset this morning because my degu is dying, I am sure of it now.....he has almost completely stopped eating and now his fur is falling out.....I was up at 4am hand feeding him corn flakes but have to leave for work now and am terrified he is going to die by himself in his cage while I am not home....I can't stop crying......its gonna be a long day, or few days, every time I have to leave the house.....

That's just heartbreaking. I'm so sorry. Losing a pet, no matter how or when, is always so hard.

I have an indoor/outdoor (mostly outdoor) cat that I haven't seen in almost 2 weeks. We live in kind of a wooded area so I think an animal got him. I was thinking something happened last week when I didn't see him, but now that almost a whole week has passed and I still haven't seen him, I'm pretty sure he's gone for good. He was my boy and I'm sad I'll probably never get to hold him again. :'(:'(:'(

So far my little guy is hanging on, but still not really eating anything but hand fed corn flakes.....

Sorry about your kitty!! That is so hard!

Glad your little guy is hanging in there. Maybe he just needs to serious TLC that only hand fed corn flakes can provide.

I was really struggling with Owen being gone yesterday. Every time I'd think about him, I'd bread down in tears. I hope he makes his way back home. That's him in my profile picture.

Aww... I am so sorry about your cat. That is why all my cats are 100% indoor, I am so paranoid. I am currently courting a feral all black cat on my porch that I have been feeding for about a year now...trying to get him inside eventually. Not that I need 4.

And speaking of 4... I have a fifth cat that I started feeding on my porch every day too... black and white. Totally friendly. I finally took him to the vet on Monday and he is microchipped! So we are tracking his owners, which I am sure they dumped him, so far we traced him to a shelter in TN, then he was adopted and taken to DE, then surrendered to a shelter near my home, so now we are trying to find out if the shelter readopted him out or if he somehow got free.

I had to let him loose again (wasn't spending hundreds on a cat that I had to hand over to someone else) and I can't have him in my home until he is tested for feline AIDS And leukemia. So still feeding him on the porch. I am worried something will happen before the vet agrees I can keep him and will treat him. So I may soon have 4 in house, and one on the porch. Then eventually maybe I'll get Porch Kitty into my condo. Then it will be 5. I basically have a Kitty Condo. I swore I would never have more than 3. I am becoming a crazy cat lady.

This sounds like my family! We have five cats...four were previously strays that we fed off of our porch. They warm up to us over time, we take them in and quarantine them in our basement away from our other cats until they get to the vet to be tested and checked for microchips. It always seems to work out...all the cats end up getting along great, and adjust to indoor-only life just fine!

yep, I had set up the spare bedroom for him on Monday, but didn't bring him in when I didn't get him tested after we found the microchip. The vet thought it was too risky. I may now though, he keeps begging me to come in (standing at my sliding glass door and crying, running out to meet me when I get home, etc.)

I would not be able to resist this....I would have ten thousand cats if they each did this, lol.

Yep hence the about to be 4.

So update on black and white kitty. Vet confirmed the trail is dead so I can bring him in and claim him. I have a 4 pm appt today. His last known owner surrendered him because they moved to Israel so I am hoping the spraying is not an issue. So unless he has a contagious disease he is about to be cat #4. I am going to decide on a name today. I am feeling guilty about my other 3 cats. I think they already think they don't get enough attention. Oh well. I'll just have to make sure I give each of them some time each day. The 3 I have figured it out and we settled into a routine. Hopefully this will work out.

That makes me happy. Is he a tuxedo kitty? That's what my Owen is and he was so handsome. Is handsome. Do you have name-names for your kitties or cat names for them? What I mean is, I don't give my pets animal names, I give them people names. Our dogs are Lucy and Otis, the guinea pigs were Ozzy and Jackson (my daughter was a HUGE Hannah Montana fan at the time), there's Owen, and I had a rabbit named Jessica. I think people names are more endearing for pets than animal names, IMHO.

• tulips_and_tea
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Hard confession here cuz it just happened again...

I went to the Dollar Tree to grab 3-4 things best bought there. Was shopping fine enough, come time to checkout. A line out about 6 people deep with a ton of crap to buy and only one cashier checking people out.... Nope. No thanks. Not gonna happen. I dropped my hand basket in the center of the aisle where I stood and walked out. If you spend more time in line trying to pay for what you just shopped for then there is a problem with your practice! Yes, waiting is a part of living and in most cases there's no getting around it... The problem I have is not with the cashier doing their part so I never cut them a look or anything, I blame the business for insufficient staffing and I refuse to support them by making a purchase at that time.

We were shopping the other night at Wal-Mart (we were in a small town and it was the only thing open that had what we needed) and there was seriously 1 lane open. In the whole entire store. One freakin' lane! Luckily, we didn't have a whole basket full of stuff, but still, I thought it was ridiculous. I've left a cart somewhere because I didn't feel like waiting in line for 20 minutes.

I hate WalMart. Their official policy (here) is not to redirect or confront or scold people for having too many items in the express line.

I know this because I once went through express with ONE item while the woman in front of me had 38. Yes, I counted. I wanted to say something to her but it would have been something really b*tchy and I'm trying to be a nicer person. So I pointed out to the cashier that the customer had exceeded the posted item limit about three times over, and she advised me that they weren't allowed to say anything.

Nope, they aren't. People know this and abuse it.

Walmart.com is a godsend! Free shipping to my home for any orders over $50.00. I order almost all of my non-perishable foods, toiletries, household cleaners, etc. Then I go to a different grocery store only for my fruit, vegetables, dairy, etc. Haven't set foot in Walmart for almost a year and I intend to keep that streak growing.

That is such a good idea! You are a genius! I usually go to one grocery store for meat, veggies, dairy, and sale items and then go to Walmart for paper, cleaning, etc. Totally doing this next time!

It has made my life immensely easier! I just placed an order today for toilet paper, laundry detergent, canned goods, and tea bags. In a few days either FedEx or UPS will deliver it. It's great!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

That's just heartbreaking. I'm so sorry. Losing a pet, no matter how or when, is always so hard.

I have an indoor/outdoor (mostly outdoor) cat that I haven't seen in almost 2 weeks. We live in kind of a wooded area so I think an animal got him. I was thinking something happened last week when I didn't see him, but now that almost a whole week has passed and I still haven't seen him, I'm pretty sure he's gone for good. He was my boy and I'm sad I'll probably never get to hold him again. :'(:'(:'(

So far my little guy is hanging on, but still not really eating anything but hand fed corn flakes.....

Sorry about your kitty!! That is so hard!

Glad your little guy is hanging in there. Maybe he just needs to serious TLC that only hand fed corn flakes can provide.

I was really struggling with Owen being gone yesterday. Every time I'd think about him, I'd bread down in tears. I hope he makes his way back home. That's him in my profile picture.

Aww... I am so sorry about your cat. That is why all my cats are 100% indoor, I am so paranoid. I am currently courting a feral all black cat on my porch that I have been feeding for about a year now...trying to get him inside eventually. Not that I need 4.

And speaking of 4... I have a fifth cat that I started feeding on my porch every day too... black and white. Totally friendly. I finally took him to the vet on Monday and he is microchipped! So we are tracking his owners, which I am sure they dumped him, so far we traced him to a shelter in TN, then he was adopted and taken to DE, then surrendered to a shelter near my home, so now we are trying to find out if the shelter readopted him out or if he somehow got free.

I had to let him loose again (wasn't spending hundreds on a cat that I had to hand over to someone else) and I can't have him in my home until he is tested for feline AIDS And leukemia. So still feeding him on the porch. I am worried something will happen before the vet agrees I can keep him and will treat him. So I may soon have 4 in house, and one on the porch. Then eventually maybe I'll get Porch Kitty into my condo. Then it will be 5. I basically have a Kitty Condo. I swore I would never have more than 3. I am becoming a crazy cat lady.

This sounds like my family! We have five cats...four were previously strays that we fed off of our porch. They warm up to us over time, we take them in and quarantine them in our basement away from our other cats until they get to the vet to be tested and checked for microchips. It always seems to work out...all the cats end up getting along great, and adjust to indoor-only life just fine!

yep, I had set up the spare bedroom for him on Monday, but didn't bring him in when I didn't get him tested after we found the microchip. The vet thought it was too risky. I may now though, he keeps begging me to come in (standing at my sliding glass door and crying, running out to meet me when I get home, etc.)

I would not be able to resist this....I would have ten thousand cats if they each did this, lol.

Yep hence the about to be 4.

So update on black and white kitty. Vet confirmed the trail is dead so I can bring him in and claim him. I have a 4 pm appt today. His last known owner surrendered him because they moved to Israel so I am hoping the spraying is not an issue. So unless he has a contagious disease he is about to be cat #4. I am going to decide on a name today. I am feeling guilty about my other 3 cats. I think they already think they don't get enough attention. Oh well. I'll just have to make sure I give each of them some time each day. The 3 I have figured it out and we settled into a routine. Hopefully this will work out.

That makes me happy. Is he a tuxedo kitty? That's what my Owen is and he was so handsome. Is handsome. Do you have name-names for your kitties or cat names for them? What I mean is, I don't give my pets animal names, I give them people names. Our dogs are Lucy and Otis, the guinea pigs were Ozzy and Jackson (my daughter was a HUGE Hannah Montana fan at the time), there's Owen, and I had a rabbit named Jessica. I think people names are more endearing for pets than animal names, IMHO.

My aunt has a bunch of animals and they all have people names; the ducks are Donny and Marie, the rabbit is Sonny, the cats are Bill, Bob and Shelby...she also had a lizard named Janice, but she died recently.

My dog's name is Bagel, as in Bagel the beagle. LOL
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    I just saw my 4 year old slip a small cup into the cat's water dish and then drink it. It was so quick I didn't even have time to say something before it was over. Now I'm wondering how long he's been doing that. I just thought my cats were really thirsty, or that the heat was evaporating their water. Hmmm

Hahaha, that made me laugh out loud! Reminds me of the time we thought our cat was stealing treats out of the dog's container, only to find out that my little cousin had decided they tasted good! (they were tiny chewy apple flavored treats)

Oh my gosh, that is funny too. That sounds like something my daughter would do.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I am still back on page 642. I have had entirely too much work the past couple of days to get caught up. I am off work tomorrow and have a ton going on, then we are off to a family reunion long weekend at my families ranch and I will not have phone or internet service on the ranch so unless I drive to town while there I may lose my login stretch, this pains me! I might just have to go for a drive everyday. I am not sure how I will ever catch up with this thread with that much time away though. I have to read each and every post so I won't miss anything! I am addicted to this thread! I may need to seek professional help for this :o

I, too am addicted to this thread. I tell myself everyday I won't go on here, but then I do. I spend countless work hours checking it and replying to it. I feel you people (what do you mean, YOU people?!) have helped me more than you'll ever know. I have found some friends on here that I feel like I know IRL and I cherish our friendship. Even if it is strictly online only.

I consider this free therapy and I feel free saying things here that I can't anywhere else. If I could hug each and everyone of you, I would. Even those of you that aren't into that sort of thing. :smiley:

I keep finding myself entering my food, and then clicking right on "community" to come here.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    What a week.

So, I'm officially done with my old job, paid through next Tuesday, cashing out all of my vacation time. What a soul suck the last few days were.

I won't say anything bad about anyone there, it's behind me, here's the gist of it.

I went to the Sr Director of Human Resources yesterday, and said "It hurts me being here until Tuesday, but I plan on honoring my commitment." When the General Manager for the property came back from being out of town for 2 days, he went to her, basically said "AOJ's had 10 good years here, there's a severe breakdown in relationships between he and his direct management, let's get him out of here and let everyone move on and have a good Memorial Day weekend."

So at 1 O'clock today, I walked to the door with the SDHR, got outside, took a deep breath and headed home.

I spent a few hours in my front yard sitting on the steps, then I went and mowed someone else's lawn.

I've gotten tons of texts because for some reason, when you leave work before your resignation date, everyone assumes there's a negative connotation. I typically don't talk about work publicly, but I had to put a facebook message up to clarify to people I left out of reciprocated respect for all parties involved.

So that chapter has ended, and I know I'll be much happier going forward.

Sorry for anyone I've worried with my absence the last few days.

~AOJ

SO glad you were able to have resolution to that situation and don't have to go back. Onward.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

I'm inept at doing this on my phone. I hope @Susieq-1994 understood me.

I understood you, and thank you so much for the encouragement! :)
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

I think it's easy to feel like others are relating in a deeper way than you are. I know when I first start posting somewhere (and sometimes in this thread) it's easy to feel like everyone else are friends already and you are on the outside. This thread moves so fast that I think we've all probably had posts that got missed or just no one knew what to say to them.

So I'd say that others probably do feel the same way from time to time and that it is also probably your anxiety somewhat, but I think you shouldn't feel compelled to do anything you aren't comfortable with.

I see you as an important part of this thread, though, certainly not an outcast!

That's so kind of you to say! Thank you very much. I do think that's it in a way, but also the fact that I feel so "different" sometimes when I read the confessions that so many people relate to and I just can't. :) A mix of cultural and religious differences, along with personal anxiety issues, are mostly what prevent me from relating to a lot of the posts, I guess. :)

I don't think I've ever made a "confession" here in the sense of 'fessing up to something foolish or reprehensible that I've done. My posts have been more along the lines of revealing personal stuff and doing a "me too!" to the confessions of others.

But, in the spirit of No Judgement, I figure I'm pretty safe to post this way since we can't be judged for failing to post our deepest and darkest secrets ;)

I think it's pretty normal to have reservations about revealing intensely personal information, in real life and online.

And I've also seen some interesting confessions on here that have NOT been judged.

That's definitely comforting, I would say! ;) Weight-related and food-related confessions seem to be the only ones I can "safely" venture into, because I'm pretty confident that almost everyone can relate in some way to those types of confessions, especially on a calorie-counting site! :)

I'm much more wary of confessing any sort of opinion that I might hold on any given topic, even one that isn't particularly inflammatory, because it feels like I'm putting myself out there for an attack, I guess. One of my most major anxiety triggers is confrontation of any sort, so I go out of my way to avoid it.

Sorry for the super long quote-filled post! I just wanted to thank everyone who acknowledged and encouraged me. :)
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Trying to catch up again! I'm not having much luck. :)
    I do LOVE the feeling of getting my hair played with/styled/washed. Anyone in the same boat?

Yes, me too!

peleroja wrote: »
    On an unrelated note, I'm leaving to get married in Vegas tomorrow! Weeeeeeee! And I confess that I'm more excited about going on vacation than I am about the wedding, lol. Like, I'm really happy we're getting married, but I just don't care much about the actual wedding...

Congratulations! Have fun!

Awww, super cute cat!

After I dislocated my knee I've lost all motivation... I've eatten like CRAP for 2 full weeks & havent stepped on the scale at all... My 17 lb loss is probably only 7 now. I'm afraid of logging this pitfall...

I’m so sorry. I know how you feel. I have a meniscus tear in my right knee so I’m just now getting back to walking without as much pain now. Don’t give up because of the injury. I didn’t lose any weight the last three weeks because of it but this week I lost 3 lbs again because I’m still trying to eat better. Hang in there, take care of yourself and start over again when you are ready!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    The chemicals that I am working with this week are toxic by inhalation. Plus one smells so bad it is known to make people vomit.

Interesting. There are a few odours that make me vomit... certain perfumes, contact cement, and gasoline fumes (I use full service stations whenever possible, even at higher cost).

Whenever I've mentioned that to people, they always look at me like I've just sprouted a second head. It's kinda nice to know that smells CAN induce vomiting.

if i smell mayo or miracle whip i start to gag and wretch uncontrollably. picnic season terrifies me. :)