Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    I'm at my old plateau. I can't seem to get under 202. Today I was visiting an elderly parishioner at a nursing home and asked if I could use the scale. A half dozen nurses encouraged me, waiting to celebrate that I finally was under 200. The scale said 203. I never heard so many suggestions for weight loss... "subtract 5 for clothes"... "strip and try again" from an elderly man watching us... "trust our calibration is always off, you made it"... "Let's try the scale in the other nurses' station"...

What a bummer!

Sorry for your disappointment, but this is really funny!
  • BZAH10
    Options
    My confession (I guess it's a confession?) is that I really hate bright lights and loud noises. I have extremely good hearing, so when people who are hard of hearing talk to me it can be so loud that it's physically painful, but they don't understand what I'm complaining about.
    ... So of course it makes 1000% logical sense that I can blast metal so loudly that my family complains but for some reason it's never uncomfortable.
    Also I've been freaking out constantly for about a week about a presentation I have to give for class this friday while doing nothing to prepare. This should be fun.

I am exactly the same way, so I understand. My family says I have super-sonic hearing but I also blare heavy metal music at home and while driving.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Not to ruin the vibe or anything, but my husband texted me a little while ago and told me my step-daughter had a miscarriage. I am really sad for her and especially sad for my husband. He was so looking forward to becoming a grandpa. I am a little sad too as I had just started warming up to the idea of being MoNana or GrandMo. :(

So sorry! The loss of a child (no matter how far along or at what age) is difficult. I have lost two grandbabies after they were born, one at 23 days and one at 2 hours old. It is rough but you get through it.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Tonight I learned that I probably have to put my gelding down soon. Really soon. I am sorry but this is the saddest news of my life. I love that horse body and soul. I may go awol.

Oh no! I'm so sorry.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    So much sadness and not enough coffee!

quwcr7vrbttd.gif
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Tonight I learned that I probably have to put my gelding down soon. Really soon. I am sorry but this is the saddest news of my life. I love that horse body and soul. I may go awol.

I'm so sorry. Pets are totally family members, sending you comforting thoughts.

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Is it bad that I'm secretly laughing at the fairly skinny girl in my office who is complaining about not fitting her favourite jeans - yet eats take out food everyday? Then she thinks the miracle cure is some pills she bought at the dollar store and something called the 14 day teatox?
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm so sorry for all of you who have received some bad news. :( Sending good vibes and the hope for a turnaround.

I also hate really loud noises... it's why I have a slight fear of balloons. I don't really MIND balloons that much, but the second I see someone trying to pop one I am out of there. I also hate it when people talk/laugh really loudly near me, shoots my heartbeat right up. I appreciate people with soothing, low voices. Nothing against people with loud voices, I still like them as people, but for some reason it can really activate my anxiety.

Then again I have always hated how quiet my voice is. Even when I'm shouting I can't be NEARLY as loud as most other people. When I think I'm being loud I still have people who are like "Sorry?"
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I confess I ate half of the tub of chocolate mint ice cream last night, zero fck's given lol
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    I've been sneaking in some Stauffer's animal crackers lately. Seems like my body has missed these little guys. They're soooooooo good.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    On Saturday I helped a friend move all day long, and the only thing I ate that day was a large pepperoni pizza. I didn't eat it all at once, but instead of getting something better for me, I just kept grabbing a slice here and there all day.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    On Saturday I helped a friend move all day long, and the only thing I ate that day was a large pepperoni pizza. I didn't eat it all at once, but instead of getting something better for me, I just kept grabbing a slice here and there all day.

You might be on to something here.

• ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Too much sad on this thread. So sorry for what some of you are going through.

I had ice cream for breakfast.

Well, that IS happy! Was it good?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    something called the 14 day teatox?

Okay, I'm super happy about this. It seems to be a brilliant marketing plan. Bootea claims to be all into "healthy body image" and to further this is selling daytime detox teabags plus bedtime cleanse teabags. If they come in Earl Grey, maybe I'll try.

(Not really.)

Starbucks needs to get with the program.

My favorite bit from the FAQ:

Can men use Bootea too?

Yes! Loads of men use Bootea products too!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    And yeah, I'm not the best at condolences either, but I am offering virtual support and prayers for everyone who is experiencing such sadness and loss.

Confession: my husband's best friend's father just died and I have no idea what to say to him. My husband lost his own father when he was 10 and his friend's father had been a great source of support for him throughout his life.

just saying something that tells
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    My step-daughter came over last night and she was talking to her dad about what happened with the pregnancy. I'm such a terrible person, I didn't say anything. No comforting words, no words of encouragement, nothing. A big fat NOTHING. I wish I wasn't so awkward around her. We're not close (we just started getting to see her late last year because her mother is a hose beast that kept her away) and I don't want to overstep my boundaries with her. I wish I would or could have said something though...

Find a very simple card. Tell her in writing that you are thinking of her and you are sorry for her loss. Tell her that you are not good at saying it but that you want her to know you care. Keep it short and simple.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    All this talk about ice cream and I am getting some cravings!

Confession: One time I was craving ice cream really bad. I went to the store, got some Coaticook Raspberry Ice Cream, and proceeded to eat the whole thing. Mind you the container is TWO LITERS. I consumed two liters of ice cream at once.
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I threw on my gym clothes before meeting my mom at the mall last night to dress shop for sissy's wedding....

My mom made the darn trip take so long, that by the time we parted ways, I knew I wasn't going to make it to the gym...

So instead I went to Wendy's and had a Classic Cheeseburger with Medium fires... I forgot how good their stuff is! So glad there isn't one near me...

When mom asked me how my work out went last night I responded "Eh, I've done better" and left it at that ;)
  • m_w_s
    m_w_s Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hugs/good thoughts/good vibes/prayers to everybody who has heavy stuff to deal with recently. I'm so sorry.
  • MistyinTN
    MistyinTN Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Confession: I am super happy that one particular person is not posting on here anymore. I love this thread!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Well, now that I've read through everything (holy mother of god!):
    -I'm sitting here reading MFP forums when I should be catching up on all my late homework, considering there's only one week left until finals. :neutral:
    -I actually got down to 192 lbs from 200 lbs, and then I got all stressed out and ate like crap, weighed myself today and I've gained 4 lbs since last week. :disappointed:
    I'll think of some more here in a bit, but carry on for now...