Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    On the subject of giving blood, this is something that terrifies me greatly. When I was younger I didn't fancy myself to be too scared of shots, but I have grown to detest and fear needles more with time. My anxiety increased after I had to give blood and passed out from doing so... the woman constantly asking me if I was ok made it much worse than it was. It's almost as if her asking me if I'm ok validated that it was possible I wasn't ok.

Then I was reading Dracula for school and passed out in the middle of class. Then every time I heard someone talking about passing out or feeling weak, I would start feeling it. This escalated to occasional panic attacks, always in public places where I felt I couldn't escape from. One time I walked in a busy hallway in school and suddenly had to turn around and LITERALLY run away, which earned me a few weird looks from other students...

I have more of a fear of passing out than I do of blood/needles, I suppose... but this makes me fear donating blood. My mom has donated blood so many times in her life and greatly supports it, so I feel ashamed of feeling so scared of doing it.

Please don't feel ashamed. It's not for everyone!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I decided to try the stationary bike at the gym today.... it was almost successful in murdering my butt. I thought the stationary bike was going to be easy after 40 minutes of stairmaster, but nope!!! They need to invest in some comfy seats so my tush can stop screaming at me.

That's the main thing keeping me from getting a bike. Mix a Lot wrote a song about it once...

LOL! And so true! My son got a new bike a couple weeks ago...I tried to ride it...No flipping way!

The pains subside rather quickly. Usually about a week for new riders... After that, you are good to go!

Ya, you gotta build up some "butt callouses" then you'll be okay. :grin:

I've biked a lot for almost 30 years. And by a lot I mean it has varied from a short daily commute to long biking vacations (i.e. from a few miles to lots of miles). I have one tip to add to the others. Bike shorts designed for women. Takes a few rides to get used to but makes a big difference.

You do have to find the right ones though. Not TOO padded...that just causes more problems. And try Hoo Ha Ride Glide:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_6?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=hoo+ha+ride+glide&sprefix=hoo+ha,aps,168

Totally helps. I actually get more sore in the creases of my legs where they connect to my body... that for me gets really painful if I don't carefully arrange the shorts as I am biking.

Likewise for me in the creases. I've had a saddle sore or 2 in those exact spots that luckily didn't need too much attention other than a quick yet OMG sooo painful squeeze & pop and they didn't sideline me at all so I consider myself fortunate.
    On my 13 mile commute I have to stand and adjust my chamois shorts a few times to avoid any gathering problems. It probably doesn't help I wear loose sweatshorts over my chamois and not biker shorts but I have a 38" inseam and while I think my legs look decent enough, I don't care to share my sun deprived upper thighs with the general public. LOL

@m1xm0d3 My SO also has a 38" inseam so I'm going to pounce on you (as I do every other tall MFP member) and ask WHERE THE HELL DO YOU FIND PANTS??

Seriously. The poor guy wears one style of Levis and his current suit pants are unhemmed because he can't lose any length (fortunately it's not obvious). He has to get a new suit this summer and I have no idea where to even start. Big & Tall stores aren't helpful because the waist sizes are always too big.

I am a 36/38 x 38 and I buy online and online only. lol

Levi's is great for the B&T so that's my go-to for jeans. Pants I go to Kingsize direct. There's also casual male xl.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I confess, I feel a poop coming on.

When we were potty training our daughter, and she would have to go to the bathroom, she'd say, "My poop is coming!" My husband and I still laugh about that.

That is a story that we plan sharing with her future husband. >:)

That's awesome! My daughter is almost 6 now, but she insists on telling us that she has to go to the bathroom at home. We're just like "Go, go". She also calls me a poop face and thinks it's funny. I think it's funny. It never gets old.

We also enjoy the term, "poop face". We also say poop on a stick, and crap a lot. We're a very poop friendly family.

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    Went to give blood today but was denied since I got a tattoo in another country within the last year. I was upset that they pricked my finger first (I guess to see if my blood was good enough) before asking those questions so I took the offered cookies anyways.

I was denied giving blood because I had a tattoo touched up in another state within the last year. Neighboring states. If I had tried to give blood in the state where I got the tattoo, I could have done it. If I had the tattoo done in the state I was trying to give blood in, I could have done it. Stupid.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

When we were potty training our daughter, and she would have to go to the bathroom, she'd say, "My poop is coming!" My husband and I still laugh about that.

That's awesome! My daughter is almost 6 now, but she insists on telling us that she has to go to the bathroom at home. We're just like "Go, go". She also calls me a poop face and thinks it's funny. I think it's funny. It never gets old.

We also enjoy the term, "poop face". We also say poop on a stick, and crap a lot. We're a very poop friendly family.

Ours is just butts. If he's not moving fast enough when he's supposed to do something, we yell, "butt kicking for goodness!" and he knows to get moving. Or he used to. Now he just turns around and gives us the Finding Nemo "he touched the butt" whisper after we kick his butt.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Not long ago I explained to my son (he's 9) what the phrase "drop a deuce" meant. He laughed for a solid three minutes. To be fair he asked me, I didn't just offer the info in casual conversation. LOL
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Poopie head, smelly poopie monster and poopie stinky breath all common terms at our house :)
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I’m trying not to bog the thread down.  I just wanted to respond to some.
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    Yesterday was the lowest low I have hit in what feels like years, I just felt so alone and had a full on emotional breakdown over laundry that my SO didn't put away right when I asked him to. I ate my feelings and don't even want to try and estimate the damage I did. But! Today is another day and I feel a lot better, I've been chugging water and ginger tea to combat with the bloat.
    My confession: when I finally crawl out of the rabbit hole that I fell into, I'm terrified. I push away everyone that loves me and can't give them a real reason for why. Bleh! Life is hard guys.
    HUGS!
    Life is hard.
    I hope that you know you deserve love too though.
    Friday me and my boyfriend went to the cheesecake factory. I brought home an entire box of leftovers. I decided not to log the food for that day due to the fact that I would be grossed out by myself. So when I got home in order to avoid having to have an extra cheat day just for the leftovers I ate them in my room. Cold. Cold cheesecake factory leftovers.
    1-Cheesecake Factory is my favorite.
    2-I do the same thing with leftovers.  I don’t like eating leftovers after they sit too long (I hate that leftovers never taste right after they are reheated) and I don’t like having more than one cheat day if I can help it either.
    I'll take the minty gunk!
    Got a box of Weight Watchers Mint Brownies & it's sad how small they're but for 80 calories they're a nice snack.
    This made me laugh because my mom bought some and she showed them to me and we were both disappointed by how small they are. What a rip off!
    Figured these weren't real, but even if they were I definitely wouldn't want to try them.
    The ones they really missed the mark on were the Cookie Dough flavored ones.

Agreed. I was so excited and they didn’t taste very good.

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Have you had to explain 'dropping the kids off at the pool'?
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Have you had to explain 'dropping the kids off at the pool'?

Considered it, but I'm saving that one for his birthday.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    My extended family always wants to do birthdays and crap like that at Cheesecake Factory but I really haven't enjoyed the food from there for a few years. :/
  • kellienw335
    Options

My son used to say, "it's a hard one, mommy" when he was pooping.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I got a Jimmy John's Beach Club sandwich for lunch before looking at the nutritional info online. 810 calories. Ouch! Glad I didn't get chips. 509 calories left for dinner... :'(

That's why I don't eat JJ's unless I can share it with my daughter. I HAVE to get chips. Super crunchy chips are a weakness of mine.

• kellienw335
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

You're still slacking in the confessions department, Pancake.

I'm a very pure, innocent soul. Not much to confess. :)

That's not what you said a few pages ago! Spill it! And I don't mean what you just said in your previous post. That we don't need to hear about. Since you're still with us on this thread you might as well contribute something good!

Poop isn't good enough for you people? That usually knocks 'em dead most places. Tough crowd. Hmmm. Confessions, confessions, let me think...

I confess that my dad's a recovering alcoholic who got rid of all the pets I loved and my childhood home when I was younger because he needed to move to Florida to try and keep my mom from divorcing him. When he was down in Florida, I witnessed my dad have an alcoholic seizure in front of my girlfriend who was meeting my parents for the first time. That was quite a few years ago, so he is doing better now. Even though I love my dad, we don't talk very much because he lives with my mom in NC now. That makes me a little sad, and I probably still harbor anger and resentment towards him.

Good enough?

Well, that is a confession. Sorry you had to go through that. Have you contemplated talking to your dad? Has he ever talked to you about it. There's a step in AA where you're supposed to apologize to everyone that was wronged.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    My confession for today--I looked back at my diary and found the last honest day of logging was about two weeks ago. Probably explains the creeping I have seen on my scale as of late. Time to buckle down and get back to keeping track.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Confession: I read a lot of articles about weight loss, exercise, etc. But I only believe the ones I want to. For example, I read once that it really isn't neccessary to do ab exercises, that your abs get plenty of work during your other exercise. I really wish I could find a similar article about push ups.

Someone might have already posted it, since I have 5 pages to go yet, but here:
    http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

Thanks! I don't have a gym membership but my dad is going to give me his weight bench and weights and I was thinking of giving this program a try. So you're saying I won't have to do push ups anymore? I'm in
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »

hahaha! My 5 year old loves to yell out in public "mom, I have to go poop" then while in the stale he likes to make grunting noises and describe in detail what is happening. "oh man it's a big one, mom!" I try to quiet him down but he lacks the library/movie theater voice ability and the ladies in the bathroom always crack up.

That's too funny
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I've fallen off big time lately, and now I'm confused on how to get back. I've looked at the TDEE method but I'm so confused on that, but I can't do the 1200 MFP keeps setting for me. I really don't want to put up a new post about it but may just have to...

What are your stats? Height, weight and activity level? I'll figure it for you and try to explain it.
    I'm around 5'2, 197.4 lbs, and I've just started going back to the gym 2 days a week, about to bump it up to 3 days a week once hubby gets paid again (kid's birthday drained us lol). Thanks! :smile:

OK. So your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) to maintain your current weight is 2027 calories per day. If you eat that, you'll stay where you are. You can subtract a percentage from that number to lose weight - 10%, 15%, 20%. Higher than 20% is not recommended. Your TDEE - 20% is 1622 calories per day. That includes light exercise, so you do not eat back any exercise calories using this. If you ramp up your exercise significantly, we'd have to recalculate. As you lose weight, every 10 pounds or so, you want to recalculate.

If you want to lose slower and have more calories to eat, you could do TDEE - 10%, which would give you 1825 calories per day.

With that said, a food scale is a must. You need to be accurate with your calorie intake.

Does that make sense?

That makes perfect sense now lol! I have an app that is supposed to calculate it, but the way it's done confuses me. What kind of formula did you use to get that? Just for future reference lol
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    The other day, my daughter told me, "I have the opposite of constipation. It's not diarrhea, there was just a lot of it. I pooped forever!" She's very free when it comes to bodily functions. And she can pass gas like nobody's business. Like my husband, she farts in her sleep. She also farts when she's nervous.