Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    All this talk about Kit Kats is making me want some. I was never a fan of them... don't really like wafer candy. However, these chunky Kit Kats sound really good. Massive fan of peanut butter and chocolate!

All the chunky kit kat is just making me want a Chunky - not even sure they still make them?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I'm totally judging all this mint nonsense. Mint and chocolate do not belong together!
    Except here...
    307x00av17gn.jpg

*drool* I once had the idea to bake brownies by doing the following:

A. Spread half the brownie batter in the pan
    B. Cover the batter with a single layer of these beauties
    C. Spread the other half of the batter on top
    D. Layer them across the top

Sadly, when I went to put my idea into action, I couldn't find them at ANY of the supermarkets. Ugh.

OH MY GOD! You had me, I really want to know what happens. You must do it! I think they are mostly around at Christmas time.

I'm doing it. I'm going to hunt them down now and I'm going to do it...

Do it, do it! I NEED to know how this turns out. ;) I should hunt for them too....

http://lilluna.com/eggless-cookie-dough/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+lilluna/isXQ+(Lil'+Luna+-+All+Things+Good)

I made this recipe tonight & had 10 grams of it since that's all I could fit in my diary for today haha. Very sweet, but so much better than the mock chickpea dough even though that was still pretty decent.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I'm totally judging all this mint nonsense. Mint and chocolate do not belong together!

I judge you back, they're soulmates!! ;) (Well, beside peanut butter and chocolate...... I don't know which one I love more!)

I do not mind mint chocolate (although I have to be in the mood for it), but I LOVE peanut butter and chocolate, in all forms! Kit Kat Chunky peanut butter is amazing! My biggest weakness is Haagan Dazs Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream.....I can NEVER eat that in proper portions lol. I have also been known to bake chocolate brownies with cut up pieces of snickers peanut butter in them.....

I do too! Chocolate peanut butter anything is magical. I'm one of those people that puts peanut butter on a spoon and then dips it in a bag of chocolate chips.... ;) Or I make a peanut butter sandwich and sprinkle chocolate chips on top and then microwave it. Magically delicious!

Also, chocolate peanut butter oatmeal is my favorite breakfast ever. I have it EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. It somehow keeps me magically on track because I feel like I've had dessert for breakfast...

How do you make it? I tried once and it was a bit disappointing. I don't think I get the measurements right or something... although I do have that Reese's chocolate peanut butter spread.

I found it really disappointing when I tried making it with milk, which is the traditional way to make oatmeal. It just drowned out the peanut butter flavor and tasted totally meh to me.

I personally use:
    - 30 grams of "jumbo" chunky rolled oats (you can double it if you like more, it's more than enough for me)
    - 330 mL of water (About one and a half cups? I like it to be a little soupy, the thickened liquid is SO good. Again, preference. :))
    - 5 grams of unsweetened cocoa powder
    - 15-20 grams of peanut butter (My sister likes it with 30-40 grams of peanut butter, because she's a peanut butter freak, so it's also about preference here!)
    - One sachet of Stevia sweetener or any preferred sweetener
    - 1.5-2 grams of salt (I feel like the salt really helps bring out flavor. I've tried it without and it was just... No.)

I kind of made up the recipe myself and kept tweaking the amounts until I found what I personally liked best, so it's good to play around until you find the sweet spot where it's perfect. If I'm using Quaker rolled oats, I have to use less water or it'll be too soupy. Heartlands (UK brand) is much more hearty and thick, and they can take in more water without getting watery. My current favorite is a local brand (Al Hanaa) that rolls out these ENORMOUS jumbo oats that aren't too thick like Heartlands or too thin like Quaker... So a heartier oat flake is important. ;)

The worst oatmeal I made was this Brownie Batter Overnight Oatmeal from Dashing Dish. It literally had no flavor even with adding some sweetener before it sat overnight.

Now that I think about it I think I tried a few variations of the overnight oatmeal & it was just plain awful. Maybe it didn't taste right since I used quick oats instead of steel cut?
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    @Tubbs216 , your son has some gorgeous curls going on. My hair gets curly if I go to bed while it's still wet, but it's always misshapen :(

Also, going back to my gum confession... I just worked out at the gym for an hour. I don't keep water with me like I probably should, so by the end of said hour I was PARCHED. Went to go get some water from the water fountain... and someone had spit their gum into it. WHY?! Why would you do that? Is it so difficult for you to go find a trashcan (they're everywhere in the locker rooms) to spit it into??? Why must you ruin this for me! I was so disgusted I couldn't drink the water and had to wait until I got home 40 minutes later. Ugh.
    Thanks! Funnily enough when he was little his hair was totally straight - it only went curly as he got older.

That is disgusting about the gum in the water fountain. People are animals. Well, some are. Actually, even my dog would have the good manners to swallow gum rather than leave it in a water fountain.
    I think mine was really straight too when I was little. Now if I leave it be it's just a bunch of frizzy waves. My brother has nice hair, kind of like your son's but darker (now he's keeping it buzzed short... wish he could have magicked it over to me).

I used to see gum in the water fountains all over high school, as well. I have no idea why that's a thing. I guess people just spit it wherever they want with no consideration towards others. At least I don't see it on the ground indoors! :confounded:
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    All this talk about Kit Kats is making me want some. I was never a fan of them... don't really like wafer candy. However, these chunky Kit Kats sound really good. Massive fan of peanut butter and chocolate!

All the chunky kit kat is just making me want a Chunky - not even sure they still make them?
    I had no idea what that was, so I looked it up. Mmmm.... raisins and chocolate. This sounds like something I would definitely enjoy (sometimes I think chocolate goes well with everything).

• saeku
    saeku Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I can say "it's a marathon, not a sprint" -- that I'm short and close to my goal weight, and trying to build strength at the same time, so even when I'm keeping to my diet and training perfectly it should take me a month+ to see non-trivial losses in scale weight (especially given that I have one of those crappy dial scales.) Even then, every time I step on the scale/look in the mirror/put on pants, I get scared that I'm not "really" losing fat because I'm mismeasuring my intake or metabolism somehow and that any results I notice are wishful thinking or daily fluctuations.

Do other people have this problem, or am I just neurotic?
  • clover157
    clover157 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    clover157 wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    I'm not having a very good day. Total pity party and tears over my parenting failures. I guess it's a good thing that I decided to go for a walk instead of digging in the ice cream stash.

Sorry to hear this. Parenting is such a tough job. I hope the walk helped.

Parenting is so hard, I am taking every effort to never have to do it. :smiley:

And think about it, parenting with TWO parents is hard... and single parents...woah. AND if everyone is working?! :astonished:

Everyone else can go ahead and make successful and wonderful humans. I do not feel strong enough to partake in that endeavor. :wink:

ETA: I am serious about everything in this post. I see parenting as very difficult. It takes skills and abilities that I am pretty sure I do not possess.

Here's something I've never confessed IRL before...
    I don't enjoy parenting. I don't think I was meant to be a mum.
    Don't get me wrong, I love my boys with all my heart. I give all of myself to them to ensure they feel loved, are happy and healthy.
    But I just don't think I was cut out for it. I've had pretty severe postnatal depression since my first was born 3 years ago and I'm sure that contributes, but I do wonder if its just my personality. Also, I carry a lot of guilt over my depression, its so unfair to them and I worry I'm messing up their whole lives :(
    Aaaaaaaand now I want to cover my feelings in food.

I could've pretty much wrote this post, word for word. I have a 3.5 yr old and an 8 month old (both boys). Everyone tells me I'm an awesome mom, but I feel like I'm failing at it constantly. It's not effortless for me like everyone else I see on Facebook. I have to WORK at my patience.
    To be fair, I'm pretty sure I have PPD and my 3.5 yr old is a DRAMA QUEEN and can be difficult, but still. I give everything I have in me to them, literally, and I still feel like I'm doing it wrong.
    Part of my inability to keep the weight off is I eat my feelings at night alone when they're in bed, because I sit and relive my parenting failures for the day in my head, over and over.

And hi, I've lurked but decided to post in the thread today :)
    Hi! Sending you hugs. Sometimes I think we're our own worst enemy, high expectations lead to guilt.
    As for Facebook, its everyone's highlight reel. I try and keep it real. Plus people can be a lot more harsh sitting behind a computer.
    Noodles are my guilty pleasure, I will weigh my portion out and then take another whole handful and not count it. UGH.
    Mmmmm noodles. I loooooove noodles. I rarely buy them as I have no control. If I could live off noodles I'd die happy.

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I'm having a day where I feel pathetic, and I just compounded the issue by stuffing a heap of Maccas down my throat.

I need to lose weight. I WANT to lose weight. I don't want to go back to my high school weight - I was flat as a board then and skinny as a beanpole - but I could eat whatever I wanted at that time and not gain. But I want to get back down to the weight I was halfway through university. As ridiculous as this sounds - I GAINED forty kilograms after STARTING a vigorous sport!

And then I feel ridiculous and stupid because people have actual real problems and I'm just sitting here moping because I clearly do not use my willpower enough, so why am I whining?

tl;dr I suck today.
  • margfish
    margfish Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My confession is that I love gum and chew it way too much. I know it's a pretty gross habit, so I gave it up for Lent. (It was really hard!) When Lent was over it took awhile to ramp back up, but now I'm back to needing that "busy" feeling all the time. I think after these packs I'm going to try to give it up again. I don't like using it as a crutch to distract myself from food.

And @jgriffit91, I'm terrified every time I get on the scale. Particularly now that I'm mostly in maintenance because it's such a tight rope for me to walk.
  • justforme42
    justforme42 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I wear spanx all the time. I never leave the house without something to keep my tummy held in. :(

That is a great idea. I saw my stomach in the mirror and almost cried. Wow.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

They do still make them! I know at least a local restaurant chain, La Rosa's, usually has them in their restaurants. :smile:
    Confession: I wish I lived with somesomeone who could help me plan meals better. My meals for the week don't even total 1100 calories.

I always think it looks like a lot of food, until I see the numbers and they're really low. :confused:

Your diary seems good to me? Looks like you get a lot of vegetables. On the days you do a lot of running you could make a smoothie & put some higher calorie stuff in like peanut butter, banana, or w/e strikes your fancy.

And thanks. I think my diary would look better if I were trying to lose weight, but I'm actually five pounds below my goal weight and underweight according to my BMI. I need to gain weight or at least maintain, but the thought of gaining weight freaks me out.
    Confession: I wish I lived with somesomeone who could help me plan meals better. My meals for the week don't even total 1100 calories.

I always think it looks like a lot of food, until I see the numbers and they're really low. :confused:

Total? Or each? I'm confused. If it is total, please buy a food scale and start weighing your food. In fact, even if it is each meal, please buy a food scale and measure your food. Not judging - concerned.

It's just around 1100 each day for the week before exercise (I eat the same thing all week since I make my meals on Sunday). This weekend I didn't have time to get too involved with the cooking as I was in Cleveland, OH (three hours away) for a 5k and a half marathon, and by the time I got home on Sunday, I just went with what would be easy.

And I do weigh my food. My food scale is like my right arm in the kitchen. And thanks for your concern!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I have to add that I think it is NOT selfish at all to realize you do not want children. What is selfish is to have children you do not want, just because you are 'supposed' to, and then treat them as such.

The whole point of my last post was that I really wanted to be a mother, I do not think my life would be complete without it, but, it is not for everyone, and should not be taken lightly, nor should be taken on because of pressure.

This made me feel awesome. I don't want kids. I just don't. I donate to children's charities occassionally and I would risk my own life to protect someone else's kid without a second thought*. But having my own is just not something I want.

*I actually have a problem with going to the grocery store and if a parent walks away from the cart, I will stand next to it until they come back. I know it creeps some people out, but it only takes a SECOND for a kidnapping to happen and I worry about that stuff.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    clover157 wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    I'm not having a very good day. Total pity party and tears over my parenting failures. I guess it's a good thing that I decided to go for a walk instead of digging in the ice cream stash.

Sorry to hear this. Parenting is such a tough job. I hope the walk helped.

Parenting is so hard, I am taking every effort to never have to do it. :smiley:

And think about it, parenting with TWO parents is hard... and single parents...woah. AND if everyone is working?! :astonished:

Everyone else can go ahead and make successful and wonderful humans. I do not feel strong enough to partake in that endeavor. :wink:

ETA: I am serious about everything in this post. I see parenting as very difficult. It takes skills and abilities that I am pretty sure I do not possess.

Here's something I've never confessed IRL before...
    I don't enjoy parenting. I don't think I was meant to be a mum.
    Don't get me wrong, I love my boys with all my heart. I give all of myself to them to ensure they feel loved, are happy and healthy.
    But I just don't think I was cut out for it. I've had pretty severe postnatal depression since my first was born 3 years ago and I'm sure that contributes, but I do wonder if its just my personality. Also, I carry a lot of guilt over my depression, its so unfair to them and I worry I'm messing up their whole lives :(
    Aaaaaaaand now I want to cover my feelings in food.

I could've pretty much wrote this post, word for word. I have a 3.5 yr old and an 8 month old (both boys). Everyone tells me I'm an awesome mom, but I feel like I'm failing at it constantly. It's not effortless for me like everyone else I see on Facebook. I have to WORK at my patience.
    To be fair, I'm pretty sure I have PPD and my 3.5 yr old is a DRAMA QUEEN and can be difficult, but still. I give everything I have in me to them, literally, and I still feel like I'm doing it wrong.
    Part of my inability to keep the weight off is I eat my feelings at night alone when they're in bed, because I sit and relive my parenting failures for the day in my head, over and over.

And hi, I've lurked but decided to post in the thread today :)

Many people on Facebook only post the 'highlights' or the 'best' parts of their lives on their. Don't compare the cover of someone else's book the the pages of your own.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I have to add that I think it is NOT selfish at all to realize you do not want children. What is selfish is to have children you do not want, just because you are 'supposed' to, and then treat them as such.

The whole point of my last post was that I really wanted to be a mother, I do not think my life would be complete without it, but, it is not for everyone, and should not be taken lightly, nor should be taken on because of pressure.

This made me feel awesome. I don't want kids. I just don't. I donate to children's charities occassionally and I would risk my own life to protect someone else's kid without a second thought*. But having my own is just not something I want.

*I actually have a problem with going to the grocery store and if a parent walks away from the cart, I will stand next to it until they come back. I know it creeps some people out, but it only takes a SECOND for a kidnapping to happen and I worry about that stuff.

My husband and I don't want kids. He has a 14 year old from a previous relationship, and she's awesome, but we don't want kids of our own. What drives me bonkers is when I say I don't want kids because I don't really have an affinity for them, and people give me the old "It's different when they're your own". What, so I should pop out a baby I don't want, and just hope I like it once it's here? That's a recipe for disaster!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @Alatariel75 :blush: It just needed to be said...

Confession #1: I couldn't leave the thread. There has been too much awesome support and too many valid discussions.

Confession #2: I totally judged @riinbale for their post. Sometimes it is not WHAT you say but HOW you say it and I feel they said it wrong.

Confession #3: I am happy to report that Dale, the diabetic at my job that I complained about earlier, will now be reporting to Kim(our main staff nurse) for regular monthly check ups and diet education as part of our Employee Health and Wellness and Early Intervention programs at the request of the lieutenant and the insistence of his own girlfriend. While it is not mandatory or remotely required for him to keep his job, I hope he takes full advantage of the opportunity and I am sincerely hoping for improvements in his health and job performance.

:)

Actually, @Italian_Buju Your perspective is what made me discuss different options for Dale with the sergeants and then our nurse Kim got involved and that's how we came up with the plan. You made me take a step back and think, "Maybe EVERYONE(even the sergeants who also have diabetes) is being as judgmental as I am and no one has actually considered that he might benefit from some form of REAL support instead of judgmental looks and suggestions."

We had our monthly meeting and discussed some stuff and Kim said she has an open door and is willing to meet with everyone on a monthly basis so Dale will not be alone in receiving check ups and education on better health. The whole department is able to benefit and hopefully this will lead to less sick days used and more available vacation!
  • BodyByBex
    Options

My husband and I don't want kids. He has a 14 year old from a previous relationship, and she's awesome, but we don't want kids of our own. What drives me bonkers is when I say I don't want kids because I don't really have an affinity for them, and people give me the old "It's different when they're your own". What, so I should pop out a baby I don't want, and just hope I like it once it's here? That's a recipe for disaster!

I ALSO love it when I say I don't want kids and people(coworkers) say "Oh but you would be such a GREAT mom!" Dude, you've known me for like a minute....don't even. In fact, go be odd somewhere else. :grumble:

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Reminds me of a time I ran into a fellow (former) grad student in Trader Joe's with his ADORABLE 6 month old girl. He completely walked away from her to hold a conversation with me. I as not worried about the kidnapping so much as the tiny little thing falling out of the cart. He was relaxed and not even looking at her - around the corner from her. AWKKKKK!!

I never felt the urge to have kids. (Picture the scene from My Cousin Vinny about the biological clock ticking - I didn't have a biological clock). I was surprised with my pregnancies. I adore both my kids and can't imagine life without them. They changed me a lot for the better (especially having a medically challenging special needs kid).

The sleep deprived nights are a nightmare. The time my then 2 year old daughter "painted" with her excrement all over the walls and carpet of two rooms in the 20 minutes I finally got an exhausted nap and I work up to the SMELL and knowing my infant had no immune system and there was poo everywhere I just about lost it. All I did was send her to her room and clean (and clean and clean) it up. But at the moment I had a glimmer of insight into how a parent could possibly harm their child. The time I put my son back in bed 78 times in one night. Yes I counted. Yes it was as miserable as it sounds. I didn't react, just led him back to bed. Again and again and again. The next night it was 50 something times. The next night 15. The next night 2. He was 9! All parents have moments where they feel at the end of their rope. You just tie a knot in that rope and hang on. Give the kids love and do your best, admit your faults and flaws to them and ask for their forgiveness if you make a mistake and realize it. (I should not have yelled and lost my temper, will you forgive me. I'm working on that. -- this does go a long way).

Speaking of sleep deprived, I get cranky and I'm going to bed. Sweetest of dreams to all!!

Edit to add: My kids are both teens who are both amazing people. I got so lucky to have them as my kids. :smiley:

Edit #2 to add: My parents are both yellers as was my ex. I can't stand it and have made my house a no "raised voices" sanctuary. Ahhh. It still takes practice on all of our parts when it was "normal" for so long but it is so much nicer to not hear yelling. I even hesitate to yell their names for dinner time.
  • Alatariel75
    Options

I ALSO love it when I say I don't want kids and people(coworkers) say "Oh but you would be such a GREAT mom!" Dude, you've known me for like a minute....don't even. In fact, go be odd somewhere else. :grumble:

Oh, I've gotten that too! And I'm like "you work with me, you haven't the faintest what I'm like outside of here!".

My fav way to kill the conversation when someone asks why I'm not having kids though, is to just gesture to my (previously 100lb, now 50lb overweight) body and say "what? and ruin all this?" It's hilarious. They get really awkward and go away.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    @Alatariel75 :blush: It just needed to be said...

Confession #1: I couldn't leave the thread. There has been too much awesome support and too many valid discussions.

Confession #2: I totally judged @riinbale for their post. Sometimes it is not WHAT you say but HOW you say it and I feel they said it wrong.

Confession #3: I am happy to report that Dale, the diabetic at my job that I complained about earlier, will now be reporting to Kim(our main staff nurse) for regular monthly check ups and diet education as part of our Employee Health and Wellness and Early Intervention programs at the request of the lieutenant and the insistence of his own girlfriend. While it is not mandatory or remotely required for him to keep his job, I hope he takes full advantage of the opportunity and I am sincerely hoping for improvements in his health and job performance.

:)

Actually, @Italian_Buju Your perspective is what made me discuss different options for Dale with the sergeants and then our nurse Kim got involved and that's how we came up with the plan. You made me take a step back and think, "Maybe EVERYONE(even the sergeants who also have diabetes) is being as judgmental as I am and no one has actually considered that he might benefit from some form of REAL support instead of judgmental looks and suggestions."

We had our monthly meeting and discussed some stuff and Kim said she has an open door and is willing to meet with everyone on a monthly basis so Dale will not be alone in receiving check ups and education on better health. The whole department is able to benefit and hopefully this will lead to less sick days used and more available vacation!

I love how positive this is! Great job! It made me smile to read it. Well done.
  • BodyByBex
    Options

Oh, I've gotten that too! And I'm like "you work with me, you haven't the faintest what I'm like outside of here!".

My fav way to kill the conversation when someone asks why I'm not having kids though, is to just gesture to my (previously 100lb, now 50lb overweight) body and say "what? and ruin all this?" It's hilarious. They get really awkward and go away.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

When I lose a bit more I will start doing that.
    Mostly I just mention all of my free time, sleep, and food. I was a picky eater growing up and I put my parents through some stuff because of that. Low and behold, them forcing me to eat things has lead me to love and eat everything under the sun all on my own! :laugh:
  • Alatariel75
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

When I lose a bit more I will start doing that.
    Mostly I just mention all of my free time, sleep, and food. I was a picky eater growing up and I put my parents through some stuff because of that. Low and behold, them forcing me to eat things has lead me to love and eat everything under the sun all on my own! :laugh:

Oh, no no, the whole point is I'm still very overweight, so there's this whole ".... but there's nothing to "ruin"" moment that just confuses them ;):lol: