Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Pammalla
    Pammalla Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My hair is straight without the slightest wave to it but my baby has super curly hair and I have no idea how to deal with it. It's not getting longer it's just getting biger
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    riinbale wrote: »
    I have been reading this and i feel sad for you :( People, i know what it is like to count calories and binge eat and how it feels later. But going on a low carb diet made it all go away. No more longing for "something good" and no more going to five different stores to find the right kind of ice cream. I just dont want these anymore and i am happy with eating low carb food. And my health has never been better :)

*queue sarcasm*

Feel sorry for us all you want. I know what it is like to avoid tasty fruits, potatoes, and rice and how it feels to long to eat baked potato. Now, I enjoy a high carb fruit based diet. I never crave anything sweet because I am eating sweet stuff all the time! I always have energy and I am happy I don't have to worry about my calorie intake. No more pointless counting and weighing. I enjoy physical, emotional, and psychological health by not eating any animal products. :)

*end sarcasm*

@riinbale Read the above and how passive-aggressive and judgmental it sounds. There is no 'right way' to do anything. This is our vent thread. We do not pass judgement and advocate a specific way to fix something. We offer suggestions and support. We feel for each other, but we do NOT feel 'sorry' for each other. There is no pity here.

Sure there was some judgement and misunderstandings towards me and between a couple other posters in the past pages, but at least they had the brass to judge outright and plainly say "I think you are wrong" or "That hurt my feelings" instead of your piss poor way of trying to get everyone on the low carb bandwagon.

Sure we binge a bit and have cravings, but we let it out here. We tell our story and it allows us to pick up and move on. Good days and bad days, we are here for each other asking for support and offering it to others.

We are here to lift each other up and tell each other we are not alone. We are NOT here to stand on a 'low carb' or 'paleo' or 'vegan' pedestal and look down on each other.

If only you had said: "I confess that I feel sorry for everyone who doesn't know the ease and health benefits of a low carb diet. I know that I have been much happier and healthier since I adopted this lifestyle change and I wish other people would do the same so they wouldn't feel the need to binge and feel bad about it later."

Judge me if you want to, but I feel by saying what you have said, you have put yourself out there and shown yourself to be on your pedestal and very much alone.

ETA: Punctuation.

Applauds.

I feel telling people about my bad binge days on here in real life shows that even though I've lost a 150 pounds that at times it still is a struggle to not want to eat a pint of ice cream or eat a whole sleeve/package of cookies.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    clover157 wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'm not having a very good day. Total pity party and tears over my parenting failures. I guess it's a good thing that I decided to go for a walk instead of digging in the ice cream stash.

Sorry to hear this. Parenting is such a tough job. I hope the walk helped.

Parenting is so hard, I am taking every effort to never have to do it. :smiley:

And think about it, parenting with TWO parents is hard... and single parents...woah. AND if everyone is working?! :astonished:

Everyone else can go ahead and make successful and wonderful humans. I do not feel strong enough to partake in that endeavor. :wink:

ETA: I am serious about everything in this post. I see parenting as very difficult. It takes skills and abilities that I am pretty sure I do not possess.

Here's something I've never confessed IRL before...
    I don't enjoy parenting. I don't think I was meant to be a mum.
    Don't get me wrong, I love my boys with all my heart. I give all of myself to them to ensure they feel loved, are happy and healthy.
    But I just don't think I was cut out for it. I've had pretty severe postnatal depression since my first was born 3 years ago and I'm sure that contributes, but I do wonder if its just my personality. Also, I carry a lot of guilt over my depression, its so unfair to them and I worry I'm messing up their whole lives :(
    Aaaaaaaand now I want to cover my feelings in food.

I could've pretty much wrote this post, word for word. I have a 3.5 yr old and an 8 month old (both boys). Everyone tells me I'm an awesome mom, but I feel like I'm failing at it constantly. It's not effortless for me like everyone else I see on Facebook. I have to WORK at my patience.
    To be fair, I'm pretty sure I have PPD and my 3.5 yr old is a DRAMA QUEEN and can be difficult, but still. I give everything I have in me to them, literally, and I still feel like I'm doing it wrong.
    Part of my inability to keep the weight off is I eat my feelings at night alone when they're in bed, because I sit and relive my parenting failures for the day in my head, over and over.

And hi, I've lurked but decided to post in the thread today :)

Welcome to the thread!

That's the problem with Facebook. People post all their best happy moments and achievements to make themselves look better or make them appear as they are having the time of their lives every single day. People want to show everyone that they are "awesome" at everything and make it appear that they are having the most fun and nothing is ever wrong. No one is going to post pictures of themselves when they are hurling over the toilet from illness (except when friends post photos of you being an idiot after a night a drinking), changing diapers, the fights you have with your spouse, etc.

This is why I don't have facebook - I don't feel it is "real life" - it is more an edited version of "real life"

My favorite friends on FB are the parents who tell it how it is, even if it means ranting sometimes! The ones who only post all the roses and rainbows? I want to punch them in the face.
    riinbale wrote: »
    I have been reading this and i feel sad for you :( People, i know what it is like to count calories and binge eat and how it feels later. But going on a low carb diet made it all go away. No more longing for "something good" and no more going to five different stores to find the right kind of ice cream. I just dont want these anymore and i am happy with eating low carb food. And my health has never been better :)

*queue sarcasm*

Feel sorry for us all you want. I know what it is like to avoid tasty fruits, potatoes, and rice and how it feels to long to eat baked potato. Now, I enjoy a high carb fruit based diet. I never crave anything sweet because I am eating sweet stuff all the time! I always have energy and I am happy I don't have to worry about my calorie intake. No more pointless counting and weighing. I enjoy physical, emotional, and psychological health by not eating any animal products. :)

*end sarcasm*

@riinbale Read the above and how passive-aggressive and judgmental it sounds. There is no 'right way' to do anything. This is our vent thread. We do not pass judgement and advocate a specific way to fix something. We offer suggestions and support. We feel for each other, but we do NOT feel 'sorry' for each other. There is no pity here.

Sure there was some judgement and misunderstandings towards me and between a couple other posters in the past pages, but at least they had the brass to judge outright and plainly say "I think you are wrong" or "That hurt my feelings" instead of your piss poor way of trying to get everyone on the low carb bandwagon.

Sure we binge a bit and have cravings, but we let it out here. We tell our story and it allows us to pick up and move on. Good days and bad days, we are here for each other asking for support and offering it to others.

We are here to lift each other up and tell each other we are not alone. We are NOT here to stand on a 'low carb' or 'paleo' or 'vegan' pedestal and look down on each other.

If only you had said: "I confess that I feel sorry for everyone who doesn't know the ease and health benefits of a low carb diet. I know that I have been much happier and healthier since I adopted this lifestyle change and I wish other people would do the same so they wouldn't feel the need to binge and feel bad about it later."

Judge me if you want to, but I feel by saying what you have said, you have put yourself out there and shown yourself to be on your pedestal and very much alone.

ETA: Punctuation.

Applauds.

I feel telling people about my bad binge days on here in real life shows that even though I've lost a 150 pounds that at times it still is a struggle to not want to eat a pint of ice cream or eat a whole sleeve/package of cookies.

Yep. I've lost 80 pounds, I'm very close to my goal weight, and I'm still terrified my body will fail me by being constantly hungry and I'll gain the weight back. Honestly, the urge to eat a pint of ice cream and a whole sleeve of cookies is still there too, but it's relatively easy to deal with in comparison. Days like this... when I'm just so hungry I need 3000 calories to be satisfied... I just want to scream and cry. I'm still 1.5 pound over my weight from almost a year ago. Haven't been able to go back down since.

Confession - I want to punch people who say to 'listen to their body' in the face too. My body is a traitor piece of ****.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Don't hate me @Francl27 but I've had hardly zero appetite today and still have almost 1000 calories left for dinner. I hate when I'm not hungry because I want to use those calories.

I am often the same... I commute to work and back (19-20 miles) almost every day which nets me about 1,200 calories. Alternatively, I eat very little while at work (maybe 500 cals) so when I get home I still have a gazillion left to eat back. And aside from a reasonable larger meal maybe 1-2x a week, I never gorge due to lack of eating. Most often I end my day well below because I dare not awaken the beast>>>> the more I eat, the more I want to eat.

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I hate how during the week I can't keep up with this thread because I'm so busy at work and I really do my best to chime in a couple times a day! Then on the weekend I have no problem keeping up because no one really posts then haha I guess I have no life!

Busy day for me, I came back to like 120+ to read. I usually stay off the forums on the weekends though so come Monday I have lots to catch up on.

I usually catch up Monday, but since yesterday was a holiday here I'm even further behind. Hello from page 602!

Welcome back!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I confess that I am concerned with some of the judgment that is cropping up on our awesome NO JUDGMENT thread. Don't make me bake brownies again, people!

I want some brownies with frosting:D.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I confess that I am concerned with some of the judgment that is cropping up on our awesome NO JUDGMENT thread. Don't make me bake brownies again, people!
    Um, you smell funny and everyone else is stupid. Is that judgemental enough for you to get baking? No minty gunk in mine, thanks.

I'll take the minty gunk!

Got a box of Weight Watchers Mint Brownies & it's sad how small they're but for 80 calories they're a nice snack.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Something's been missing from this conversation:
    fruit%20stripe.jpg

Although now that I'm allegedly a grown up I prefer cininamon.

Confession: I still have 1500 calories to get in today, but I overslept, and have no motivation to do so. At all. I'll probably force down some eggs later just to cover the protein for working out, but that may be it today. For those who say they don't like/don't believe/envy the people who are never hungry and have to fight to get 1000 in a day, believe me, it's not all sunshine and roses.

Also, add me to the list wondering if @AgentOrangeJuice's boss went rogue today.

• 2kidsandatrip
    2kidsandatrip Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Noodles are my guilty pleasure, I will weigh my portion out and then take another whole handful and not count it. UGH.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    sandryc79 wrote: »
    I bought 2 cases of sour watermelon peeps off of Amazon.com. heh. In my defense, I love them. They don't make them all year. And at 130 for a box they fit nicely into my dieting 1-2 times per week. I hid them so my friends can't judge me for my massive peep stash but my boyfriend knows and teases me.
    I still have five out of twenty-four Russell Stover eggs from my day-after-Easter discount splurge. I love being able to pull one out of my stash long after the holiday's over.
    The Cookie Dough & Birthday Cake flavors are my favorites! Is it Easter yet?
    I'm out of cookie dough eggs. :disappointed:
    Boo:(. The Wedding Cake flavor was alright, but it was too sweet at times. My least favorite was the Russell Stover Big Pecan Egg.
    The only one I outright disliked was the chocolate wedding cake egg. I've still got the pecan egg sitting in the bucket.

• festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Over the last few days I've eaten almost an entire can of Redi-Whip straight out of the can.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Pammalla wrote: »
    Confessions time: I walked right into someone mail box when I was walking while reading this thread on my phone

Oh, careful! Walking and reading (or texting) is dangerous! I cannot even read on the treadmill. I'm a crooked walker. Watching the TV is about all I can handle.

What she said. I was trying on clothes yesterday at Wal-Mart & wondered where all the bruises came from on my legs & today I remembered I fell on the treadmill last week while playing a game on my iPad.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I'm totally judging all this mint nonsense. Mint and chocolate do not belong together!

yes they do - as long as it is the right mint/chocolate proportions and I like more chocolate than mint. I really like making mint nanaimo bars.

As for tattoos, I have been saving images for years trying to find the right one that I want to permanently place on my body. I already know where it is going (right ankle).

The worst flavor I tried was this organic Spearmint water I found at Giant. It reminded me of chewing gum & drinking water at the same time.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I'm totally judging all this mint nonsense. Mint and chocolate do not belong together!

yes they do - as long as it is the right mint/chocolate proportions and I like more chocolate than mint. I really like making mint nanaimo bars.

As for tattoos, I have been saving images for years trying to find the right one that I want to permanently place on my body. I already know where it is going (right ankle).

Giant & Weis (local grocery stores) had their own Peppermint Crunch ice creams during the holiday seasons & they were so good! Weis even had decent sized peppermints to crunch on throughout.

The worst flavor I tried was this organic Spearmint water I found at Giant. It reminded me of chewing gum & drinking water at the same time.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Sigh. I thought we were doing so well since we have half a dozen flavours of Russell Stover eggs here... and now I find out there are more and better varieties in other parts of the world.

Please, nobody tell me there is a pumpkin Russell Stover egg (although that would be a weird juxtaposition of Easter and Thanksgiving) or I'll be on Amazon hunting the damned things down. :o
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Confession: I wish I lived with somesomeone who could help me plan meals better. My meals for the week don't even total 1100 calories.

I always think it looks like a lot of food, until I see the numbers and they're really low. :confused:

Your diary seems good to me? Looks like you get a lot of vegetables. On the days you do a lot of running you could make a smoothie & put some higher calorie stuff in like peanut butter, banana, or w/e strikes your fancy.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    Over the last few days I've eaten almost an entire can of Redi-Whip straight out of the can.

I've totally done that in a night with the sole intent of doing just that. And several times, too. >_<
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I confess if you are a walker/jogger/cyclist (yes, even cyclists....) that talks on your phone WITHOUT a Bluetooth or even a wired headset, chances are I want to slap the phone out of your hand for how ridiculous you look holding that device up to your head during a 'workout'. Don't have a Bluetooth or you're technology challenged? Fine. Most phones come with a headset right out of the box. Plug it in and USE IT. Better yet.... save the poor soul on the other end from your non-stop drivel in labored form (oh how pleasant that heavy breathing must sound) and call them afterwards.

Unless it's an emergency I refuse to be on the receiving end of those calls. If I can tell someone is doing something else or is preoccupied, I tell them to call me back later, then hang up. Doesn't happen often because very few people call me and the ones who do know how I am about that. But, as in your example, I often wonder who would put up with that?

LOL... good question. I know I wouldn't nor would I subject someone else to such torture.
    It wasn't more than a week ago while cycling home I saw a lady riding her bike.... up a somewhat steep hill.... with head cocked to the side and her cell phone literally pinned between her shoulder and ear so she could pedal up the hill and still keep both hands on the handlebars..... pardon me but WTH... did I just SEE that ?!?!

What did 5 fingers say to the face? *SLAP*

How does that not KILL your neck?! I have a shoulder rest on my work phone and with my cell phone I never hold it up to my ear with my shoulder. Granted I have 3 vertebrae in my neck turned the wrong way and I get monthly massages to deal with the kinks in my neck and the chain reaction in my shoulders and back, but I can't imagine working out (attempting to do something good for your body) and then damaging your neck at the same time. I suppose some phone calls just can't wait.

Some people talk for the simple sake of hearing their own mouth run. LMAO >_<

The people that get me are the ones who talk on their cellphone while they're in a public restroom in the stall doing their number one or number two. I guess to each their own.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I'm going to fess up before catching up today.
    Yesterday I ate everything. :disappointed: Reeses Pieces, Cadbury's Picnic bar, Jaffa Cakes, and a cookie. I also didn't go to the gym or go for a run after work. Then I thought it would be a great idea to weigh myself this morning and I'm back up to 214lbs. So I went for a swim this morning and finished 5 minutes early. I feel really tired, and I think my 'go to' is sugar. I feel like having a nap at my desk right now and its only 9.50am. :frowning:

You can't go wrong with sweets:D. What does a Jaffa cake taste like?

Hopefully your work day will go flying by.

Ha ha Uh, I can't really describe it. I disassemble them anyway, chocolate edge first and then take the jelly off, eat the cakey bit and the orange jelly last. I don't play with my food normally but it seems to be a habit with Jaffa Cakes. Its a bit like eating the chocolate edge off a Kit-Kat first.
    Samesies. To both. Once I started eating a Chunky Kitkat the same way, kept nibbling and found it WAS CHOCOLATE ALL THE WAY THROUGH. My day was made.

I absolutely hate that America hasn't discovered chunky kit kats...I will be bringing loads home after my visit to the UK woo hoo!

Had to google those. Oh gosh. I want one now.

Confession - it's definitely one of those days. Ended up having lunch at 11am. 340 calories left for the day. Fail.

Aren't the kit kat chunky the same exact thing as the big kats?

I've seen Extra Crispy Kit Kats at Wal-Mart.

KitKat_ExtraCrispy.png