Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Last night all I had for tea (I mean dinner/evening meal/whatever, I'm British) was a slice of cake. So good, don't even regret it as it was the same calories as a normal meal. And I was full afterwards.

I'm currently formulating my 'cake-based meal replacement diet'.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

I'd post a pic if I knew how lol)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I haven't been doing my @BZAH10 shoulder exercises this week :( I need to get back on the wagon!

Helpful hint: don't forget to stretch when you're done! I've been neglectful of this and had my monthly deep-tissue massage this past Saturday. My shoulders and upper back were so tight and knotted! It was pretty painful, but feels much better now. Must remember to stretch from now on.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    tiona83 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I feel like a loser because I don't ever really have any GOOD confessions for this oh, so worthy thread, but here goes.

Confession 1: I packed an awesome lunch today and wanted to devour it before 11 this morning. I don't take lunch until 1. I managed to make it until noon, but now I'm sad because my food is over. I often get sad when my food is over.

Confession 2: I totally had Dr. Pepper last night with my Auntie Anne's pretzel bites and didn't log it. Oops. >:)

My youngest (8) has a bad habit of taking bites out of her lunch why she packs it. The school policy is no junk food (crisps/chips, chocolate, cookies/biscuits) so it's not like it's something sweet. Came down stairs yesterday and she had half her sandwich gone. This was after her breakfast.

Errrrr, what?! How is that even enforced and why? I'm all for encouraging healthy habits, but this seems a bit extreme.

My children's school is the same. I'm used to it now.

my kids school does this too. sort of. The meal must be "balanced" so you cant send a bag of chips and a can of pop and call it lunch. You can send a snack sized bag of chips along with a sandwich and an apple.

If the lunch you packed is not a "balanced" lunch, they will give your child a sack lunch from the kitchen, which is a cheese sandwich on wholegrain bread, a fruit, a carton of milk, and a oatmeal cookie.

Then you get a nasty note about the inadequate lunch you packed. So that is how they enforce it. I know this because I asked the school at length about it.

My son has a sensory disorder, so basically his lunches are the same thing, everyday, with no variation. I was worried I would get nasty notes about it, but they assured me that was not the case! Thank goodness.

Thank you all who have explained this lunch policy. It makes me wonder what would've happened if that was enforced in my elementary school because from 1st - 3rd grade I suffered extreme anxiety which led to stomach issues and the only thing I could keep down for lunch for three years was a single chocolate pudding. That was it. In 4th & 5th grade I managed 1 plain tuna sandwich. (and I'm still lagging behind on this thread; been super busy at work)

I had anxiety as a child, too, which also resulted in me throwing up very frequently. Looking back, it's odd my parents never seemed to worry about it. Did you eventually outgrew it? I still have anxiety, but grade school was the only time period I threw up from it habitually.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Not to ruin the vibe or anything, but my husband texted me a little while ago and told me my step-daughter had a miscarriage. I am really sad for her and especially sad for my husband. He was so looking forward to becoming a grandpa. I am a little sad too as I had just started warming up to the idea of being MoNana or GrandMo. :(
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Not to ruin the vibe or anything, but my husband texted me a little while ago and told me my step-daughter had a miscarriage. I am really sad for her and especially sad for my husband. He was so looking forward to becoming a grandpa. I am a little sad too as I had just started warming up to the idea of being MoNana or GrandMo. :(
    Awwwe, sorry. That's sad.

• Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry! Miscarriages are just the hardest thing. Prayers/thoughts to your family.
  • ShibaEars
    Options

So sorry :(
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Oh sheesh um...
    I can't eat peanut butter because I have really crappy self control; I love the taste of butter, if I make toast I lick it off the knife... :s:weary: I also don't log my weight unless it's gone down, and lately it hasn't. Oh, and I sometimes decide to maintain at certain weights for a bit if I'm just not feeling it anymore to keep myself from feeling burned out and putting weight back on; this happened last year, gained 20 lbs back/thankfully lost it again, and then some.

That is an awesome screen name! I imagine you get a lot of comments on it.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    My secret is that there is a little house for sale that I am putting an offer on tonight and I am really hoping they'll accept. I'm so so so so so excited about it but I'm not telling anyone IRL (besides my family) because I'm afraid I'll jinx it. It's perfect for me (and my dog :smile: )

I've lived with my brother for 8 years and while we still get along the thought of having a space that is 100% mine is... well, to be honest I can't even think of the right word for it.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I drink fizzy diet drinks and smoke whilst on the exercise bike. I'd much rather bike for 2 leisurely hours than go nuts in half an hour.

Well, now that is funny! Not judging at all. I find this highly amusing for some reason. Thanks for sharing!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    fr3smyl wrote: »
    My confession:
    I have a bad habit of eating foods I'm allergic to but then loading up on benadryl and keeping my inhaler and epipen close by.

I can only imagine how hard it would be to be allergic to foods you like! Sorry you 're dealing with that. Any way to find similar foods to supplement?
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    @Tubbs216 @Talkradio and @shibaear thank you all so much for your condolences. I wish my husband would have told me in person so I could hug him. I'm still going to use the name MoNana or GrandMo for future grandkids. :smile:

Confession 1: My husband's birthday was yesterday and I used it as an excuse to eat like an inmate on death row that would never eat again. I didn't even log everything because I couldn't remember everything I ate. Saturday, we went to a local burger place and I just quick added calories for my bacon cheeseburger and fries. I am not going to weigh myself until I do my official weigh in on Thursday. Hopefully, by then, I will have reversed at least some of the damage. My poor husband, gained 6 pounds this weekend. No doubt, mostly water weight so he'll be able to drop it quickly if he sticks to his guns this week.

Confession 2: I hate that food has calories.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Less of a confession, more of a rant...

I'm getting really sick of the hoops I'm having to jump through for a potential job. It's retail, working basically as a stock person/cashier. In the past when I've applied for jobs like this, it was: fill out a one-page application, go for an interview (or sometimes a group interview), get a call that you got the job. Period.

For this one, I had to fill out a half-hour long application online. Had a phone interview. Had an interview with an assistant manager. And now have to go back for ANOTHER interview with someone else! I'm sorry, but what is this madness?! I'm applying to a work in a store, not the freakin' FBI!

Sorry but this seems ridiculous and I'm just frustrated. If you don't know by now if you want me to work there or if you don't want to hire me, just say so! I'm a big girl and I can take the rejection.

On the plus side, I thought I looked pretty good all dressed up and fancy-like. :)

So, is it Wally-world? Just wondering since I see people filling out apps on those little kiosks at the store.

Nope, not Wally-world - although I filled out their application online years ago and I remember it being pretty extensive.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    My secret is that there is a little house for sale that I am putting an offer on tonight and I am really hoping they'll accept. I'm so so so so so excited about it but I'm not telling anyone IRL (besides my family) because I'm afraid I'll jinx it. It's perfect for me (and my dog :smile: )

I've lived with my brother for 8 years and while we still get along the thought of having a space that is 100% mine is... well, to be honest I can't even think of the right word for it.

How exciting! I hope you get it.

Even though I've been married for almost 15 years, I think about what it would be like to have my own place. I would have the cutest house with a pit bull (female), a Frenchie (male named Pierre), and a cat or 2 and they'd all get along famously. Fortunately though, I love my husband too much to ever make this fantasy a reality. :wink:

• tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    m_w_s wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I'm currently formulating my 'cake-based meal replacement diet'.

So on board with this. I can take or leave lots of things (peanut butter, Nutella, PopTarts, candy bars, most other candy, ice cream). But cake is my one true love.

This shows a mild version of my feelings for cake:

hyperbole3.png

So if you work out this diet plan I will give you all my money lol.

Bahahaha a mild version!
    Loooove Hyperbole and a half. I'm sad she doesn't post much any more.

Me too! She is so hilarious! I still read the old posts sometimes just because they still make me laugh. Didn't she, or wasn't she supposed to come out with a book? I need to look that up.
  • overlook237
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

Good luck!!!! I hope they accept your offer! :) I live with my bro, too, and we sort of get along but I can totally understand wanting to have space that's just my own. Fingers crossed!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Less of a confession, more of a rant...

I'm getting really sick of the hoops I'm having to jump through for a potential job. It's retail, working basically as a stock person/cashier. In the past when I've applied for jobs like this, it was: fill out a one-page application, go for an interview (or sometimes a group interview), get a call that you got the job. Period.

For this one, I had to fill out a half-hour long application online. Had a phone interview. Had an interview with an assistant manager. And now have to go back for ANOTHER interview with someone else! I'm sorry, but what is this madness?! I'm applying to a work in a store, not the freakin' FBI!

Sorry but this seems ridiculous and I'm just frustrated. If you don't know by now if you want me to work there or if you don't want to hire me, just say so! I'm a big girl and I can take the rejection.

On the plus side, I thought I looked pretty good all dressed up and fancy-like. :)

So, is it Wally-world? Just wondering since I see people filling out apps on those little kiosks at the store.

Nope, not Wally-world - although I filled out their application online years ago and I remember it being pretty extensive.

Yes, because they are SO particular about the caliber of people they hire.

• ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to really have to change my habits, drastically. Does anyone here sit down and plan out their grocery lists/meals for the week? Or even for the month?? I'm thinking I might have to do that. Today I went to the store to pick up a few things... upon seeing the row of candy I had a moment of weakness and went for it. Sugar really gets to me. My diary is overloaded with the stuff, and I am sure I wouldn't be meeting my protein requirements at all without my whey protein.

Every Friday night, my husband and I plan our meals for the next week. We go grocery shopping on the weekend and buy ONLY what is on the list. I eat salad/fruit/yogurt for lunch every day, and he is allowed to get whatever he wants for lunches, but dinner (supper) is completely by the list.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I'm sorry :(
  • overlook237
    Options

I'm really sorry :(