Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I'm totally judging all this mint nonsense. Mint and chocolate do not belong together!
    Except here...
    307x00av17gn.jpg

*drool* I once had the idea to bake brownies by doing the following:

A. Spread half the brownie batter in the pan
    B. Cover the batter with a single layer of these beauties
    C. Spread the other half of the batter on top
    D. Layer them across the top

Sadly, when I went to put my idea into action, I couldn't find them at ANY of the supermarkets. Ugh.

OH MY GOD! You had me, I really want to know what happens. You must do it! I think they are mostly around at Christmas time.

I'm doing it. I'm going to hunt them down now and I'm going to do it...
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I confess if you are a walker/jogger/cyclist (yes, even cyclists....) that talks on your phone WITHOUT a Bluetooth or even a wired headset, chances are I want to slap the phone out of your hand for how ridiculous you look holding that device up to your head during a 'workout'. Don't have a Bluetooth or you're technology challenged? Fine. Most phones come with a headset right out of the box. Plug it in and USE IT. Better yet.... save the poor soul on the other end from your non-stop drivel in labored form (oh how pleasant that heavy breathing must sound) and call them afterwards.

Unless it's an emergency I refuse to be on the receiving end of those calls. If I can tell someone is doing something else or is preoccupied, I tell them to call me back later, then hang up. Doesn't happen often because very few people call me and the ones who do know how I am about that. But, as in your example, I often wonder who would put up with that?

LOL... good question. I know I wouldn't nor would I subject someone else to such torture.
    It wasn't more than a week ago while cycling home I saw a lady riding her bike.... up a somewhat steep hill.... with head cocked to the side and her cell phone literally pinned between her shoulder and ear so she could pedal up the hill and still keep both hands on the handlebars..... pardon me but WTH... did I just SEE that ?!?!

What did 5 fingers say to the face? *SLAP*

How does that not KILL your neck?! I have a shoulder rest on my work phone and with my cell phone I never hold it up to my ear with my shoulder. Granted I have 3 vertebrae in my neck turned the wrong way and I get monthly massages to deal with the kinks in my neck and the chain reaction in my shoulders and back, but I can't imagine working out (attempting to do something good for your body) and then damaging your neck at the same time. I suppose some phone calls just can't wait.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I hate how during the week I can't keep up with this thread because I'm so busy at work and I really do my best to chime in a couple times a day! Then on the weekend I have no problem keeping up because no one really posts then haha I guess I have no life!

Busy day for me, I came back to like 120+ to read. I usually stay off the forums on the weekends though so come Monday I have lots to catch up on.

I usually catch up Monday, but since yesterday was a holiday here I'm even further behind. Hello from page 602!

Hello! Glad you're here - I was beginning to wonder.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I'm going to fess up before catching up today.
    Yesterday I ate everything. :disappointed: Reeses Pieces, Cadbury's Picnic bar, Jaffa Cakes, and a cookie. I also didn't go to the gym or go for a run after work. Then I thought it would be a great idea to weigh myself this morning and I'm back up to 214lbs. So I went for a swim this morning and finished 5 minutes early. I feel really tired, and I think my 'go to' is sugar. I feel like having a nap at my desk right now and its only 9.50am. :frowning:

Is there any way you can get a piece of fruit? Like a peach or a mango or a nectarine? They have sugar. :smile:

Also, you have a total victory in there...I bolded it for you. :smiley:

I eat butt loads of fruit. lol. I don't know what it is. I feel like I haven't managed to catch up on sleep, but I feel it all day, everyday. Apart from the moment I wake up, which is normally before my alarm goes off. I suspect it is a 'thing' but I don't want to go to the doctors and make it a 'thing' because she will probably look at me over the top of her glasses and say "I'm sure you will snap out of it." Bit like the brilliant diet advice of going down to 1000 calories.
    I feel like I need a full body MOT and Service. If cars can get one, why can't my body.

Doctors can be very helpful at times, but sometimes we have to be our own advocate. Do you take any vitamins or supplements? It's mentioned here pretty often, but low levels of vitamin B, B12, and D can cause a lethargic feeling. I'd see if you can have those levels tested.

If you DO start taking vitamins, add them in one at a time just to see how you react to each one. I take quite a few vitamins and have found via trial and error that what I take together and when make a difference in how I feel. Try something, though! That always-tired feeling is annoying.

Yea, I don't like the idea of self-medicating but I might see if I can find the vitamin B12, alot of people have mentioned this to me recently. Although, someone at the gym said "B12 Complex" Does this 'complex' part make a difference?
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I hate how during the week I can't keep up with this thread because I'm so busy at work and I really do my best to chime in a couple times a day! Then on the weekend I have no problem keeping up because no one really posts then haha I guess I have no life!

Busy day for me, I came back to like 120+ to read. I usually stay off the forums on the weekends though so come Monday I have lots to catch up on.

I usually catch up Monday, but since yesterday was a holiday here I'm even further behind. Hello from page 602!

Awww I wondered where your doggy had got to. I'm finishing work now, so I'll catch-up tomorrow morning. :smile:
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Confession: I wish I lived with somesomeone who could help me plan meals better. My meals for the week don't even total 1100 calories.

I always think it looks like a lot of food, until I see the numbers and they're really low. :confused:

Well, as offered by @nonoelmo on page 620, can you partner up with someone here and do the same thing? Or, more than one person? I know you don't need to lose weight, but focusing on health and maintaining a healthy lifestyle is a very important way to use this site. I think there are a lot of people here who would be more than happy to help you with this!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I confess if you are a walker/jogger/cyclist (yes, even cyclists....) that talks on your phone WITHOUT a Bluetooth or even a wired headset, chances are I want to slap the phone out of your hand for how ridiculous you look holding that device up to your head during a 'workout'. Don't have a Bluetooth or you're technology challenged? Fine. Most phones come with a headset right out of the box. Plug it in and USE IT. Better yet.... save the poor soul on the other end from your non-stop drivel in labored form (oh how pleasant that heavy breathing must sound) and call them afterwards.

Unless it's an emergency I refuse to be on the receiving end of those calls. If I can tell someone is doing something else or is preoccupied, I tell them to call me back later, then hang up. Doesn't happen often because very few people call me and the ones who do know how I am about that. But, as in your example, I often wonder who would put up with that?

LOL... good question. I know I wouldn't nor would I subject someone else to such torture.
    It wasn't more than a week ago while cycling home I saw a lady riding her bike.... up a somewhat steep hill.... with head cocked to the side and her cell phone literally pinned between her shoulder and ear so she could pedal up the hill and still keep both hands on the handlebars..... pardon me but WTH... did I just SEE that ?!?!

How does that not KILL your neck?! I have a shoulder rest on my work phone and with my cell phone I never hold it up to my ear with my shoulder. Granted I have 3 vertebrae in my neck turned the wrong way and I get monthly massages to deal with the kinks in my neck and the chain reaction in my shoulders and back, but I can't imagine working out (attempting to do something good for your body) and then damaging your neck at the same time. I suppose some phone calls just can't wait.

Some people talk for the simple sake of hearing their own mouth run. LMAO >_<
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Yesterday I ate everything. :disappointed: Reeses Pieces, Cadbury's Picnic bar, Jaffa Cakes, and a cookie. I also didn't go to the gym or go for a run after work. Then I thought it would be a great idea to weigh myself this morning and I'm back up to 214lbs. So I went for a swim this morning and finished 5 minutes early. I feel really tired, and I think my 'go to' is sugar. I feel like having a nap at my desk right now and its only 9.50am. :frowning:

Is there any way you can get a piece of fruit? Like a peach or a mango or a nectarine? They have sugar. :smile:

Also, you have a total victory in there...I bolded it for you. :smiley:

I eat butt loads of fruit. lol. I don't know what it is. I feel like I haven't managed to catch up on sleep, but I feel it all day, everyday. Apart from the moment I wake up, which is normally before my alarm goes off. I suspect it is a 'thing' but I don't want to go to the doctors and make it a 'thing' because she will probably look at me over the top of her glasses and say "I'm sure you will snap out of it." Bit like the brilliant diet advice of going down to 1000 calories.
    I feel like I need a full body MOT and Service. If cars can get one, why can't my body.

Doctors can be very helpful at times, but sometimes we have to be our own advocate. Do you take any vitamins or supplements? It's mentioned here pretty often, but low levels of vitamin B, B12, and D can cause a lethargic feeling. I'd see if you can have those levels tested.

If you DO start taking vitamins, add them in one at a time just to see how you react to each one. I take quite a few vitamins and have found via trial and error that what I take together and when make a difference in how I feel. Try something, though! That always-tired feeling is annoying.

Yea, I don't like the idea of self-medicating but I might see if I can find the vitamin B12, alot of people have mentioned this to me recently. Although, someone at the gym said "B12 Complex" Does this 'complex' part make a difference?

I'm unsure of the "complex" part, so hopefully someone else more knowledgeable can answer that part. What I DO know about B12 vitamins is to take the ones that dissolve under your tongue or go to the doctor for a shot. These seem to be more effective.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

You can't go wrong with sweets:D. What does a Jaffa cake taste like?

Hopefully your work day will go flying by.

Ha ha Uh, I can't really describe it. I disassemble them anyway, chocolate edge first and then take the jelly off, eat the cakey bit and the orange jelly last. I don't play with my food normally but it seems to be a habit with Jaffa Cakes. Its a bit like eating the chocolate edge off a Kit-Kat first.
    Samesies. To both. Once I started eating a Chunky Kitkat the same way, kept nibbling and found it WAS CHOCOLATE ALL THE WAY THROUGH. My day was made.

I absolutely hate that America hasn't discovered chunky kit kats...I will be bringing loads home after my visit to the UK woo hoo!

Had to google those. Oh gosh. I want one now.

Confession - it's definitely one of those days. Ended up having lunch at 11am. 340 calories left for the day. Fail.

Aren't the kit kat chunky the same exact thing as the big kats?
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    @Alatariel75 :blush: It just needed to be said...

Confession #1: I couldn't leave the thread. There has been too much awesome support and too many valid discussions.

Confession #2: I totally judged @riinbale for their post. Sometimes it is not WHAT you say but HOW you say it and I feel they said it wrong.

Confession #3: I am happy to report that Dale, the diabetic at my job that I complained about earlier, will now be reporting to Kim(our main staff nurse) for regular monthly check ups and diet education as part of our Employee Health and Wellness and Early Intervention programs at the request of the lieutenant and the insistence of his own girlfriend. While it is not mandatory or remotely required for him to keep his job, I hope he takes full advantage of the opportunity and I am sincerely hoping for improvements in his health and job performance.

:)
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm totally judging all this mint nonsense. Mint and chocolate do not belong together!

yes they do - as long as it is the right mint/chocolate proportions and I like more chocolate than mint. I really like making mint nanaimo bars.

As for tattoos, I have been saving images for years trying to find the right one that I want to permanently place on my body. I already know where it is going (right ankle).

I LOVE mint chocolate chip ice cream!!

Me too... I haven't had it in forever though. I've been on a caramel kick lately.

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Not to be a downer bit wanted to let you all know since you have been on this journey with me that To Boldly Go (yes AOJ for Star Trek) "Oberon" passed away this morning. He was 21 and I had him for 16 years. He was my best friend and the love of my life. May he rest in peace. ♡

I'm behind, just wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss :(
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Confession: I'm married to one of those people.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Except here...
    307x00av17gn.jpg

*drool* I once had the idea to bake brownies by doing the following:

A. Spread half the brownie batter in the pan
    B. Cover the batter with a single layer of these beauties
    C. Spread the other half of the batter on top
    D. Layer them across the top

Sadly, when I went to put my idea into action, I couldn't find them at ANY of the supermarkets. Ugh.

OH MY GOD! You had me, I really want to know what happens. You must do it! I think they are mostly around at Christmas time.

I've done this before - they were SO GOOD!

I'm doing it. I'm going to hunt them down now and I'm going to do it...

I've done this before - they were SO GOOD!

ETA: I posted my comment inside the quotes. Fixed now :)

• m1xm0d3
    edited May 2015
    Options

Confession: I'm married to one of those people.

I was as well. Non-stop verbal spew! But I am not anymore. w00t w00t. :smiley:
  • clover157
    clover157 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    I'm not having a very good day. Total pity party and tears over my parenting failures. I guess it's a good thing that I decided to go for a walk instead of digging in the ice cream stash.

Sorry to hear this. Parenting is such a tough job. I hope the walk helped.

Parenting is so hard, I am taking every effort to never have to do it. :smiley:

And think about it, parenting with TWO parents is hard... and single parents...woah. AND if everyone is working?! :astonished:

Everyone else can go ahead and make successful and wonderful humans. I do not feel strong enough to partake in that endeavor. :wink:

ETA: I am serious about everything in this post. I see parenting as very difficult. It takes skills and abilities that I am pretty sure I do not possess.

Here's something I've never confessed IRL before...
    I don't enjoy parenting. I don't think I was meant to be a mum.
    Don't get me wrong, I love my boys with all my heart. I give all of myself to them to ensure they feel loved, are happy and healthy.
    But I just don't think I was cut out for it. I've had pretty severe postnatal depression since my first was born 3 years ago and I'm sure that contributes, but I do wonder if its just my personality. Also, I carry a lot of guilt over my depression, its so unfair to them and I worry I'm messing up their whole lives :(
    Aaaaaaaand now I want to cover my feelings in food.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I'm not having a very good day. Total pity party and tears over my parenting failures. I guess it's a good thing that I decided to go for a walk instead of digging in the ice cream stash.

Sorry to hear this. Parenting is such a tough job. I hope the walk helped.

Parenting is so hard, I am taking every effort to never have to do it. :smiley:

And think about it, parenting with TWO parents is hard... and single parents...woah. AND if everyone is working?! :astonished:

Everyone else can go ahead and make successful and wonderful humans. I do not feel strong enough to partake in that endeavor. :wink:

ETA: I am serious about everything in this post. I see parenting as very difficult. It takes skills and abilities that I am pretty sure I do not possess.

That is all right. I joke I had five to cover for a few women that didn't want to have the 1.3 children. I got you covered ;)

This made me laugh, a lot, lol
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    riinbale wrote: »
    I have been reading this and i feel sad for you :( People, i know what it is like to count calories and binge eat and how it feels later. But going on a low carb diet made it all go away. No more longing for "something good" and no more going to five different stores to find the right kind of ice cream. I just dont want these anymore and i am happy with eating low carb food. And my health has never been better :)

I quite enjoyed this while eating my whole-wheat crust pizza and will read it again while eating my fat free Dreyers yogurt blend ice cream.

And post a loss at tomorrow's weigh in.

I ate a mess of bacon, eggs fried in butter, multiple coffees with HWC and beef brisket yesterday. I showed a 2lb loss this morning. Shocking!

Your post is every bit as passive-agressively douchey as the one you quoted :disappointed:

Yes, that was judgmental.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I don't mind the scars on my ankle and shoulder at all. Actually, I'm kinda bummed at how much the shoulder scar has faded.

Scars ARE kind of badass!
    Agreed - scars are cool and interesting. I have to restrain myself from asking people about their scars because I know it's rude.

Scars are tattoos with better stories. We saw that tshirt a couple of weeks ago.

I have said this for years as well!

I confess that I like what Ron White says about tattoos:

"Tattoos are permanent stupidity bruises."
    I wouldn't mind one, but I think I'd end up like this:
    yxvpn76rjkjh.gif

Oh dear god I agree! I was a corrections officer for three years and I saw all kinds of hideous, horrible tattoos! I've thought about it but they're just not my thing I think after a year or so I'd get bored with whatever it was and want it off of me! This is not to say that I dislike them I think some people have really neat and amazing tattoos!

Ps I was watching Tattoo Nightmares at the gym today! Love that show!

I have a very small and tasteful tattoo of my daughter's name in a really pretty script on the inside of my right wrist. I LOVE it! It hurt like hell, but I'd do it again. I want more, but I'm terrified of needles, so I don't know if it will happen or not.

That sounds really pretty!

If I could figure out how to take a picture of it and get it on here, I would. My daughter loves it.

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

We ALL feel like that sometimes. I have cried several times about parenting decisions I've made. Just do the best you can and your kids will be fine. Hugs.

I agree, I still beat myself up about things minor that happened years ago that my kids do not even remember! Be kind to yourself, being a SAHM is not easy!