Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    What was The People thread? Was the OP arguing some stupid point or something?

Also, I just finished reading City of Stairs. Amazing, AMAZING book.

About a size 22 model being featured in People magazine, apparently, and whether or not it's a good or bad move. Fat acceptance vs health and all that. It was an interesting discussion until it got nasty...

It got zapped before I could get to the end where it turned nasty...
  • CBworkout91
    CBworkout91 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    CNoitez wrote: »
    I might be diabetic, but I smoke anyway because YOLO.

Smoking + Diabetes = the WORST combination ever!

Also, there is no -might-, you need to get that crap checked out before you go blind or something!

I thought this was a no-judgment zone.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

Also, there is no -might-, you need to get that crap checked out before you go blind or something!

It's not a "no care" zone, though :).

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Do you expect someone to post something like that and people just say, "Yep, fine, great, that's the way, keep Death nice and close now!"?
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

That is not a judgement, it is a fact.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    My confession for today--I looked back at my diary and found the last honest day of logging was about two weeks ago. Probably explains the creeping I have seen on my scale as of late. Time to buckle down and get back to keeping track.

I hear ya. This week has been a mess for me as far as logging goes. I've been all over the place with eating and exercising thanks to emotional rollercoaster-ing and just life getting in the way. But I'm right there with you on the buckling down thing :) We'll get back on track!

Put me on the list for this, too. :( I've been off-track for a week now, with cookies and brownies flowing freely out of the oven at any time of the day. I NEED to get back on track. Send me good vibes and I'll return the favor? I'm so scared to weigh myself! Even my "big" pants are getting tight. :(

You got it :) When I bake, I usually enjoy one of whatever I've made and then get my mom to bring the rest to work with her. But this week, I baked walnut shortbread bars and made old-fashioned buttermilk doughnuts from scratch. She loved them so much that she refused to give them away. They call to me every time I walk into the kitchen, lol. I've got to get myself on track because I gave all of my "big" clothes away to the Goodwill. :s

Would you be able to PM me the recipe for these? I would love to try them!

Or post it here? They sound amazing.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    What was The People thread? Was the OP arguing some stupid point or something?

Also, I just finished reading City of Stairs. Amazing, AMAZING book.

About a size 22 model being featured in People magazine, apparently, and whether or not it's a good or bad move. Fat acceptance vs health and all that. It was an interesting discussion until it got nasty...
    And then someone showed up saying that fat people are pigs? See, that's why I like this thread! :tongue: More positivity... for the most part :smiley:

Oh my God that is terrible. This is a weight loss sight (and fitness) why why would you post something like that???
  • Oberon21
    Options
    What a week.

So, I'm officially done with my old job, paid through next Tuesday, cashing out all of my vacation time. What a soul suck the last few days were.

I won't say anything bad about anyone there, it's behind me, here's the gist of it.

I went to the Sr Director of Human Resources yesterday, and said "It hurts me being here until Tuesday, but I plan on honoring my commitment." When the General Manager for the property came back from being out of town for 2 days, he went to her, basically said "AOJ's had 10 good years here, there's a severe breakdown in relationships between he and his direct management, let's get him out of here and let everyone move on and have a good Memorial Day weekend."

So at 1 O'clock today, I walked to the door with the SDHR, got outside, took a deep breath and headed home.

I spent a few hours in my front yard sitting on the steps, then I went and mowed someone else's lawn.

I've gotten tons of texts because for some reason, when you leave work before your resignation date, everyone assumes there's a negative connotation. I typically don't talk about work publicly, but I had to put a facebook message up to clarify to people I left out of reciprocated respect for all parties involved.

So that chapter has ended, and I know I'll be much happier going forward.

Sorry for anyone I've worried with my absence the last few days.

~AOJ

So glad you are out of there and that the general manager recognized you needed to be treated with respect! Congratulations! Here's to the new job!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    What a week.

So, I'm officially done with my old job, paid through next Tuesday, cashing out all of my vacation time. What a soul suck the last few days were.

I won't say anything bad about anyone there, it's behind me, here's the gist of it.

I went to the Sr Director of Human Resources yesterday, and said "It hurts me being here until Tuesday, but I plan on honoring my commitment." When the General Manager for the property came back from being out of town for 2 days, he went to her, basically said "AOJ's had 10 good years here, there's a severe breakdown in relationships between he and his direct management, let's get him out of here and let everyone move on and have a good Memorial Day weekend."

So at 1 O'clock today, I walked to the door with the SDHR, got outside, took a deep breath and headed home.

I spent a few hours in my front yard sitting on the steps, then I went and mowed someone else's lawn.

I've gotten tons of texts because for some reason, when you leave work before your resignation date, everyone assumes there's a negative connotation. I typically don't talk about work publicly, but I had to put a facebook message up to clarify to people I left out of reciprocated respect for all parties involved.

~AOJ

So glad you are out of there and that the general manager recognized you needed to be treated with respect! Congratulations! Here's to the new job!

Ok this darn site edited my response again. I think it's cutting off the emoticons. Grrrr....
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I am really upset this morning because my degu is dying, I am sure of it now.....he has almost completely stopped eating and now his fur is falling out.....I was up at 4am hand feeding him corn flakes but have to leave for work now and am terrified he is going to die by himself in his cage while I am not home....I can't stop crying......its gonna be a long day, or few days, every time I have to leave the house.....

I am so sorry about this. Not that I want to hurry this along or seem insensitive, but if you are sure he is dying maybe you would want to consider euthanasia? I know how hard that is but it is so peaceful for the animal. I have done this for all my animals, and frankly, wish someone would do this for me when I get old and sick. To be honest, I waited too long on 2 of my cats...wish I had done it sooner as they were in bad shape but I so didn't want to let them go. :(

If he becomes noticeably distressed or really sick I will do that asap, but while he is just still walking around living then I won't. Other than he is slower and eating next to nothing, he is still acting normally for the most part....but he has lost a lot of weight.....I am still super worried and not thinking he is gonna live too much longer, but not as freaked out as I was yesterday.....

When I took my guinea pigs to the vet one time they said that small animals like that, as prey animals, will go out of their way to hide any weakness, so showing any change can suggest that they are in a lot of pain. I'm sorry for your current situation, it's so hard and I know some people can be very dismissive of it, when I had to get my 7 yo guinea pig euthanased last year the last of 4 we'd had over 9 years) I was in tears, as I was every time we lost one, but I felt like a lot of people thought it was just a guinea pig.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    What a week.

~AOJ

Enjoy the extra days off! Glad you're out and can look forward to the next stage.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Hard confession here cuz it just happened again...

I went to the Dollar Tree to grab 3-4 things best bought there. Was shopping fine enough, come time to checkout. A line out about 6 people deep with a ton of crap to buy and only one cashier checking people out.... Nope. No thanks. Not gonna happen. I dropped my hand basket in the center of the aisle where I stood and walked out. If you spend more time in line trying to pay for what you just shopped for then there is a problem with your practice! Yes, waiting is a part of living and in most cases there's no getting around it... The problem I have is not with the cashier doing their part so I never cut them a look or anything, I blame the business for insufficient staffing and I refuse to support them by making a purchase at that time.

We were shopping the other night at Wal-Mart (we were in a small town and it was the only thing open that had what we needed) and there was seriously 1 lane open. In the whole entire store. One freakin' lane! Luckily, we didn't have a whole basket full of stuff, but still, I thought it was ridiculous. I've left a cart somewhere because I didn't feel like waiting in line for 20 minutes.
    I hate WalMart. Their official policy (here) is not to redirect or confront or scold people for having too many items in the express line.

I know this because I once went through express with ONE item while the woman in front of me had 38. Yes, I counted. I wanted to say something to her but it would have been something really b*tchy and I'm trying to be a nicer person. So I pointed out to the cashier that the customer had exceeded the posted item limit about three times over, and she advised me that they weren't allowed to say anything.
    Do most stores in your area pay attention to the express lane rules? The only place around here that actually told a customer to move to another line was an Asian grocery store I don't get to go to often.

I have heard a few cashiers in other stores pleasantly advise customers that they are over the limit and to use a regular checkout "next time", or see the number of items on the belt and say pointedly, "Umm, this is the express line". Honestly, I don't often see express line offenders, so those occasions do stand out in my memory.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I am really upset this morning because my degu is dying, I am sure of it now.....he has almost completely stopped eating and now his fur is falling out.....I was up at 4am hand feeding him corn flakes but have to leave for work now and am terrified he is going to die by himself in his cage while I am not home....I can't stop crying......its gonna be a long day, or few days, every time I have to leave the house.....

I am so sorry about this. Not that I want to hurry this along or seem insensitive, but if you are sure he is dying maybe you would want to consider euthanasia? I know how hard that is but it is so peaceful for the animal. I have done this for all my animals, and frankly, wish someone would do this for me when I get old and sick. To be honest, I waited too long on 2 of my cats...wish I had done it sooner as they were in bad shape but I so didn't want to let them go. :(

If he becomes noticeably distressed or really sick I will do that asap, but while he is just still walking around living then I won't. Other than he is slower and eating next to nothing, he is still acting normally for the most part....but he has lost a lot of weight.....I am still super worried and not thinking he is gonna live too much longer, but not as freaked out as I was yesterday.....

I finally looked up what a degu is. He looks a lot like my chinchilla I had in college. When I had to move I donated him to the Madison Zoo because I was going to study in France for a year and my mom, who was going to take care of him, was flat out refusing to ever let him out of his cage. I didn't want to trap him in a cage for a year so I called the zoo and they were happy to take him. I loved that guy. I am sure he was happier in the end at the zoo with friends than with me in a college apartment. I have thought about getting them again but with cats I am not sure they would live. :(

Good luck with him.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

That's just heartbreaking. I'm so sorry. Losing a pet, no matter how or when, is always so hard.

I have an indoor/outdoor (mostly outdoor) cat that I haven't seen in almost 2 weeks. We live in kind of a wooded area so I think an animal got him. I was thinking something happened last week when I didn't see him, but now that almost a whole week has passed and I still haven't seen him, I'm pretty sure he's gone for good. He was my boy and I'm sad I'll probably never get to hold him again. :'(:'(:'(

So far my little guy is hanging on, but still not really eating anything but hand fed corn flakes.....

Sorry about your kitty!! That is so hard!

Glad your little guy is hanging in there. Maybe he just needs to serious TLC that only hand fed corn flakes can provide.

I was really struggling with Owen being gone yesterday. Every time I'd think about him, I'd bread down in tears. I hope he makes his way back home. That's him in my profile picture.

Aww... I am so sorry about your cat. That is why all my cats are 100% indoor, I am so paranoid. I am currently courting a feral all black cat on my porch that I have been feeding for about a year now...trying to get him inside eventually. Not that I need 4.

And speaking of 4... I have a fifth cat that I started feeding on my porch every day too... black and white. Totally friendly. I finally took him to the vet on Monday and he is microchipped! So we are tracking his owners, which I am sure they dumped him, so far we traced him to a shelter in TN, then he was adopted and taken to DE, then surrendered to a shelter near my home, so now we are trying to find out if the shelter readopted him out or if he somehow got free.

I had to let him loose again (wasn't spending hundreds on a cat that I had to hand over to someone else) and I can't have him in my home until he is tested for feline AIDS And leukemia. So still feeding him on the porch. I am worried something will happen before the vet agrees I can keep him and will treat him. So I may soon have 4 in house, and one on the porch. Then eventually maybe I'll get Porch Kitty into my condo. Then it will be 5. I basically have a Kitty Condo. I swore I would never have more than 3. I am becoming a crazy cat lady.

This sounds like my family! We have five cats...four were previously strays that we fed off of our porch. They warm up to us over time, we take them in and quarantine them in our basement away from our other cats until they get to the vet to be tested and checked for microchips. It always seems to work out...all the cats end up getting along great, and adjust to indoor-only life just fine!

yep, I had set up the spare bedroom for him on Monday, but didn't bring him in when I didn't get him tested after we found the microchip. The vet thought it was too risky. I may now though, he keeps begging me to come in (standing at my sliding glass door and crying, running out to meet me when I get home, etc.)

I would not be able to resist this....I would have ten thousand cats if they each did this, lol.

Yep hence the about to be 4.

So update on black and white kitty. Vet confirmed the trail is dead so I can bring him in and claim him. I have a 4 pm appt today. His last known owner surrendered him because they moved to Israel so I am hoping the spraying is not an issue. So unless he has a contagious disease he is about to be cat #4. I am going to decide on a name today. I am feeling guilty about my other 3 cats. I think they already think they don't get enough attention. Oh well. I'll just have to make sure I give each of them some time each day. The 3 I have figured it out and we settled into a routine. Hopefully this will work out.
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I grew an inch!

Well, maybe not. Either all this stretching and a 25 pound weight loss has made me taller or the doctor lied to me 30 years ago when he said I was 5'6'.

Whatever. Don't care. I expected to get shorter as I got older not taller, so I am as pleased as Punch.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Oh my god .... I had to read 15+ (maybe even 20 pages!) to get caught up. You people sure confess an awful lot ;)

I have never donated blood. The idea of it freaks me out.
    I am also not an organ donor. :neutral:

Walmart, oh god that place sucks! I usually try to go really early to beat the rush, but the problem with that is no checkouts are open, except self-checkout with someone standing there nearby when said self-checkout doesn't want to work (hellllllo, just open a freakin' lane then!)

I still haven't weighed myself. I keep telling myself it's probably not THAT bad, but then I am scared the number will be huge, so I am living in denial currently ...
  • CBworkout91
    CBworkout91 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

• samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Im pretty sure Ive gotten taller - by virtue of actually having some core sterngth now and so better posture.
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    EDIT - double post
  • clover157
    clover157 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have mega binge eating issues. I made a chocolate cake two weeks ago and ate the lot on one sitting. As if this wasn't bad enough, I put butter all over it, everything's better with butter :D
    We have no sweets in the house so I just ate a few of my kid's gummy vitamins lol