Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Okay, so I'm finally caught up. I missed one afternoon and there were over 300 posts!

I am super annoyed by a coworker who works at a desk near mine. She keeps walking by my desk, although she doesn't have to. There is another way out that seems easier to me. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it seems like she just walks by to see what I'm doing (or not doing, since I'm on MFP :blush: ). Sometimes she'll come by and just lean on the filing cabinet behind me, like she's waiting for me to initiate a conversation, although I have no desire to. I kind of have to ignore her until she returns to her own desk. The other reason I hate that she comes by - and I feel bad saying this - is that she's very overweight and the floor shakes when she goes by (we're in this weird second floor addition, my corner kind of "hangs" over a warehouse). If I'm writing, I have to stop until she passes by, and earlier today something fell off a shelf above my desk. I know it's not her fault that the building design isn't great, but having her pass by multiple times an hour is really annoying.

ETA: She's walked by 3 times in the 5 minutes since I posted this :angry:
    Okay, so I'm finally caught up. I missed one afternoon and there were over 300 posts!

I am super annoyed by a coworker who works at a desk near mine. She keeps walking by my desk, although she doesn't have to. There is another way out that seems easier to me. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it seems like she just walks by to see what I'm doing (or not doing, since I'm on MFP :blush: ). Sometimes she'll come by and just lean on the filing cabinet behind me, like she's waiting for me to initiate a conversation, although I have no desire to. I kind of have to ignore her until she returns to her own desk. The other reason I hate that she comes by - and I feel bad saying this - is that she's very overweight and the floor shakes when she goes by (we're in this weird second floor addition, my corner kind of "hangs" over a warehouse). If I'm writing, I have to stop until she passes by, and earlier today something fell off a shelf above my desk. I know it's not her fault that the building design isn't great, but having her pass by multiple times an hour is really annoying.

She might just like you and want to be friends. That's why she's hanging round hoping you might start a conversation, because she is shy to.

Nah, we've worked together for about 10 years. Our office is small (this area only has 5 people in it) so we do chat regularly. I think it's just when she is bored that she hangs around and wants to talk - which I get, but I wish she'd be able to see that I'm working on something and don't want to/can't talk at those particular moments.

That something being MFP? LOL

Ding ding ding. We have a winner! :P

Yay! What do I win? A trip to Belize, please let it be a trip to Belize!

Well, you didn't win the grand prize, which I'm sad to say WAS a trip to Belize. You DID, however, win first prize which is a three day weekend in a sunny(?) Northwestern state which is famous for potatoes.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• MoHousdon
    edited May 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    A lot of my pets already had names when I got them. Growing up on a farm, I've had hundreds of cats and tens of dogs in my lifetime. Every one of them had a name. My current animals:

Dog: Macy (inherited name. I adopted her last year, she was 11 years old and in rough shape at the time).
    Siamese cat: Max (inherited name)
    White cat: Snowball (named by a former stepdaughter, my kids hate this name and call him Fat Man).
    Calico: Charlotte (inherited name)
    Black cat: Steve (Steve is a girl. She's named for the monkey on Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs).

My best friend has a dog named Steve (he's a boy, obviously) and one named Doug, who is also male. She also had a bird named Barry, as in Gibb, who she found out was actually a female shortly before she laid and egg and died. It was a very sad situation.

She named her bird after Barry Gibb?!! What an awesome best friend!! I LOVE Barry Gibb, he's the only one alive
    Now :(

She IS an awesome best friend!

ETA - I corrected your spelling error. :smiley:

• 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I weigh out veggies like sweet potatoes at the grocery store on my food scale, yes I bring it with me. It's a flat black smooth one and looks like an iPad from a distance. It any of the sweet potatoes weigh more than 200 grams I won't buy it. So some weeks, I don't get them, because none are in the magic gram weight. I also buy loose onions and bell peppers on a similar weight method. Again some weeks, there aren't any in that weight.

I only buy my International Delight coffee creamer in the single serving mini containers like you get at restaurants. That way I know exactly how much creamer is in my coffee every morning.

I have counted the pieces of popcorn I have eaten.

All meat for myself is weighed out of the big package, vacuum sealed with date, weight, and either put in the fridge or freezer.

Packages of cheese are brought home and cut immediately into 1 ounce slices and vacuum sealed and returned to the fridge.

Lunches for the week are done on Sunday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I usually do mixed veggies 300 grams frozen weight to be microwaved. Tuesday and Thursday are Broccoli days and that is 400 grams of frozen weight to be microwaved.

Boxes of Cereal if they are mine, get pre portioned out to 42 gram Ziploc baggies. I'm the only one who will drink 2% milk. So the half gallon gets weighed out into 8 ounce containers and returned to the fridge in their little reusable thermos containers.

When I make biscuits, I weigh the flour out and do not use a measuring cup. Any flour used for kneading that is left gets scraped up and weighed to subtract from the recipe.

I have made hamburgers for a party and weighed each patty, and thrown away what would not divide evenly into the calculated weight of the others.

I can actually nail the number of servings a peanut butter container has in it by the label to perfect accuracy. I weigh it out too.

I actually own 4 food scales, 1 that travels, 1 at the office and 2 in the kitchen. Their batteries are changed the 1st day of every month whether they need it or not. They are also all the same brand and identical. I'm a lab tech and have used the calibrated weights to check their accuracy, they are in acceptable range. I do this often.

Shall I continue. I have developed a lot of quirks over my 900+ logging days here.

WOW! Please go on & when you're finished can you come over and help me organize my life. :smiley:
  • MoHousdon
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm debating on whether or not to eat the other half of my JJ's sandwich. :/

Debate over.

I ate the sandwich.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I am still back on page 642. I have had entirely too much work the past couple of days to get caught up. I am off work tomorrow and have a ton going on, then we are off to a family reunion long weekend at my families ranch and I will not have phone or internet service on the ranch so unless I drive to town while there I may lose my login stretch, this pains me! I might just have to go for a drive everyday. I am not sure how I will ever catch up with this thread with that much time away though. I have to read each and every post so I won't miss anything! I am addicted to this thread! I may need to seek professional help for this :o

I, too am addicted to this thread. I tell myself everyday I won't go on here, but then I do. I spend countless work hours checking it and replying to it. I feel you people (what do you mean, YOU people?!) have helped me more than you'll ever know. I have found some friends on here that I feel like I know IRL and I cherish our friendship. Even if it is strictly online only.

I consider this free therapy and I feel free saying things here that I can't anywhere else. If I could hug each and everyone of you, I would. Even those of you that aren't into that sort of thing. :smiley:

I keep finding myself entering my food, and then clicking right on "community" to come here.

I find myself opening MFP to enter food, clicking here first, then forgetting to enter the food and have to come back to do it.

That would be me.

Or I enter food and click over here so fast, I don't double-check my entry... which is how I ended up with 15 servings of something that was supposed to be 1.5 servings and, just this morning, a cheese entry that came up with 0 grams protein.

Just want to say to all the Americans here... have a fantastic long weekend! :)
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I am still back on page 642. I have had entirely too much work the past couple of days to get caught up. I am off work tomorrow and have a ton going on, then we are off to a family reunion long weekend at my families ranch and I will not have phone or internet service on the ranch so unless I drive to town while there I may lose my login stretch, this pains me! I might just have to go for a drive everyday. I am not sure how I will ever catch up with this thread with that much time away though. I have to read each and every post so I won't miss anything! I am addicted to this thread! I may need to seek professional help for this :o

I, too am addicted to this thread. I tell myself everyday I won't go on here, but then I do. I spend countless work hours checking it and replying to it. I feel you people (what do you mean, YOU people?!) have helped me more than you'll ever know. I have found some friends on here that I feel like I know IRL and I cherish our friendship. Even if it is strictly online only.

I consider this free therapy and I feel free saying things here that I can't anywhere else. If I could hug each and everyone of you, I would. Even those of you that aren't into that sort of thing. :smiley:

I keep finding myself entering my food, and then clicking right on "community" to come here.

I find myself opening MFP to enter food, clicking here first, then forgetting to enter the food and have to come back to do it.

That would be me.

Or I enter food and click over here so fast, I don't double-check my entry... which is how I ended up with 15 servings of something that was supposed to be 1.5 servings and, just this morning, a cheese entry that came up with 0 grams protein.

You too! I keep forgetting I don't have to work Monday. Hopefully, I remember Monday, that I don't have to work Monday.

• 1stplace4health
    Options
    family and friends think I'm a homebody but what they don't know is that some days I don't even get out of the bed, like today
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I named my cat Lionel after Lionel Richie :)

He was so cute when he was a little kitty! -
    d7ra044lxvqo.jpg

Now he's a big beast!
    mjna7lyr482y.jpg

<3
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

That would be me.

You too! I keep forgetting I don't have to work Monday. Hopefully, I remember Monday, that I don't have to work Monday.

We have a long weekend in the UK too and I'd totally forgotten about it. And my boyfriend is working, so will need to make sure I remember to stay in bed :smile:
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    Reneeinvic wrote: »
    This is a weight confession of mine... When my son had to be airlifted to the childrens hospital - the nets team asked me how much I weighed so they had enough fuel to get there... as my son was critical at the time, there was a large group of people surrounding me when the question was asked and everyone was waiting for my answer... I lied - by a lot... the whole flight to the hospital I was having a mental freak out, convinced myself that they didn't have enough fuel and because of my weight the plane was going to go down. I felt terrible, I could've killed 4 people - because in a life and death situation I STILL couldn't be honest about my weight. *shakes my head*

LOL. You made my day. Hope your lil guy is ok.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Oh and new profile pic. SKINNY ARMS ROB LOWE!!! He's my fav out of those commercials.

I was going to ask about that! Now I see it. I couldn't tell what it was at first.

Looks like I'm not having any mayonnaise cuz the struggle is real! lol

Although in haste I did mistake his name. It's actually SCRAWNY ARMS ROB LOWE. (I know, same difference) hahaha

Oh yeah, you know how UN-PC is it use words like "skinny" and "fat"! On a related note, is my guacamole promoting obesity? I opened the lid and inside it says, "I'm chunky and proud of it!".

I only hear one thing from guac.... EAT ALL OF ME IN ONE SITTING. <3 I love guac soooo much. I can (but don't) eat it by the spoonful.

That is one of the few things I have to watch my portions on! Stir in some salsa and top it with sour cream and shredded cheese - yum!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Oh and new profile pic. SKINNY ARMS ROB LOWE!!! He's my fav out of those commercials.

I was going to ask about that! Now I see it. I couldn't tell what it was at first.

Looks like I'm not having any mayonnaise cuz the struggle is real! lol

Although in haste I did mistake his name. It's actually SCRAWNY ARMS ROB LOWE. (I know, same difference) hahaha

Oh yeah, you know how UN-PC is it use words like "skinny" and "fat"! On a related note, is my guacamole promoting obesity? I opened the lid and inside it says, "I'm chunky and proud of it!".

I only hear one thing from guac.... EAT ALL OF ME IN ONE SITTING. <3 I love guac soooo much. I can (but don't) eat it by the spoonful.

That is one of the few things I have to watch my portions on! Stir in some salsa and top it with sour cream and shredded cheese - yum!

Me too. To the point of buying only the 100 cal single serving cups of Wholly Guacamole. Otherwise I'll eat the container.

I did slice up a whole avocado last weekend and ate it for lunch. lol
  • robinparker223
    robinparker223 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

I did something similar the other morning...I wanted cookies but none in the house so I made choco chip muffins and ate a couple bites of the batter...and sometimes chocolate just makes it all better,ya know?!?
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I just saw my 4 year old slip a small cup into the cat's water dish and then drink it. It was so quick I didn't even have time to say something before it was over. Now I'm wondering how long he's been doing that. I just thought my cats were really thirsty, or that the heat was evaporating their water. Hmmm

Since he hasn't gotten sick from it perhaps it's actually helping him build an immune system! One time when my youngest son was about 2 yrs. old I walked into the living room and saw him dunking his toothbrush into the fish tank and brushing his teeth. He survived, thankfully.

Oh my goodness. Kids!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    He's gorgeous!
    Nice KitKat!
    Oh what a cute little pink nose!! I just want to pick him up and snuggle him.

.... I love cats.

Thanks! You could pick him up.. he's heavy mind! He doesn't mind being picked up at all I do it all the time. He's such a little softie I actually stand and cradle him like a baby sometimes. I didn't realise just how timid he was until I went to pick up my sister's cat and it nearly clawed me to bits haha

Lionel is a super adorable fluff ball!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

She might just like you and want to be friends. That's why she's hanging round hoping you might start a conversation, because she is shy to.

Nah, we've worked together for about 10 years. Our office is small (this area only has 5 people in it) so we do chat regularly. I think it's just when she is bored that she hangs around and wants to talk - which I get, but I wish she'd be able to see that I'm working on something and don't want to/can't talk at those particular moments.

That something being MFP? LOL

Ding ding ding. We have a winner! :P

Yay! What do I win? A trip to Belize, please let it be a trip to Belize!

Well, you didn't win the grand prize, which I'm sad to say WAS a trip to Belize. You DID, however, win first prize which is a three day weekend in a sunny(?) Northwestern state which is famous for potatoes.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'll take it! Especially if you can make it sunny, because it's been raining for a week and a half.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    He's gorgeous!
    Nice KitKat!
    Oh what a cute little pink nose!! I just want to pick him up and snuggle him.

.... I love cats.

Thanks! You could pick him up.. he's heavy mind! He doesn't mind being picked up at all I do it all the time. He's such a little softie I actually stand and cradle him like a baby sometimes. I didn't realise just how timid he was until I went to pick up my sister's cat and it nearly clawed me to bits haha

Lionel is a super adorable fluff ball!

Such a sweetie boy!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

That would be me.

Me too, because logically I thought Memorial Day weekend would be next weekend. It's Friday afternoon and I didn't realize I had a 3 day weekend ahead of me until someone mentioned it on this thread! Yikes. Good news is the outdoor pool will be opening at one of my gyms! You'll find me next to the pool with a stack of magazines this weekend.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Memorial Day is such a nonevent in my family. I keep forgetting it's even a free day home.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    family and friends think I'm a homebody but what they don't know is that some days I don't even get out of the bed, like today

I'm a homebody as well. I've gotten better though, because I realize that if I make myself get out of the house and do things I always feel better afterwards. A few years ago a "successful" weekend to me would be pulling into my garage on Friday afternoon and not backing out again until Monday morning! Oddly, I can't do that anymore, but I think for my emotional and mental state it's much better now.