Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    One of my CWs is in the kitchen eating a plain salad, no dressing at all... with a 20 oz bottle of regular Coke.
    These choices are perplexing to me.

Yuck. I hate dry lettuce. I don't like regular Coke, either, but in this instance I'd just drink the Coke and forget about the lettuce.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    We have Sonic, but I've never eaten there. We've had it at least 3-4 yrs now.
    edit, their commercials with the 2 guys in the car crack me up.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    We are taking our Administrative Assistant out for lunch as it is Administrative Professional's Day, and this is what she chose. Everything looks delicious and I'm not sure I'll make the healthiest choice.

http://www.10barrel.com/uploads/boise-pub/PDF/2.14.15.pdf

it's admin day.
    i'm an admin.
    no one in my dept remembered.

i wouldn't care, but it sucks when other admins are gushing about everything their ppl did for them and when they turn to me i have to shrug and say nothing....like it's my fault. i have terrible guilt issues.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I budgeted to get new clothes for work/summer now that I paid off my car (yay!) but I blew the entire budget on work out clothes and stuff for my house... oops! :smile:

Congratulations on paying off your car! HUGE accomplishment. The second part of your post sounds like something I would 100% do. I am OBSESSED with buying workout clothes. I can't even stomach "real" clothes shopping lately even though I like the way (for the most part) my body looks in them.

• CandiceMcD
    CandiceMcD Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I was going out to dinner last night - so I marched in place much of the day at work, to get my pedometer to offset more calories.....yeah
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    For those that are following and care :wink: - the people accepted the second offer on the house! As long as all the mortgage/inspection/misc. stuff works out I will have possession in a couple months. I'm really excited about it :smiley:

That is awesome! Hope all the inspection stuff is as painless as possible!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Tonight I learned that I probably have to put my gelding down soon. Really soon. I am sorry but this is the saddest news of my life. I love that horse body and soul. I may go awol.

So sorry to hear that. I recently had to do that with my dog, in the avatar. He had gotten meningitis and was going down fast.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    @ShibaEars Congrats on the house! It's an exciting time isn't it? :)
  • BadKittie05
    BadKittie05 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    CandiceMcD wrote: »
    I was going out to dinner last night - so I marched in place much of the day at work, to get my pedometer to offset more calories.....yeah

*Shakes Galaxy S5 a few times* :neutral: I've done it before too lol
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    And yeah, I'm not the best at condolences either, but I am offering virtual support and prayers for everyone who is experiencing such sadness and loss.

Confession: my husband's best friend's father just died and I have no idea what to say to him. My husband lost his own father when he was 10 and his friend's father had been a great source of support for him throughout his life.

Just being there is sometimes all they need. Virtual support and prayers to you as well.

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    There was a poptart thread I saw on here a while back, and ever since then I have been wanting a poptart. The weird thing is I DON'T EVEN LIKE POPTARTS! I've always found them rather cardboard-y. Why do I want one?

Brown Sugar and Cinnamon or Frosted Strawberry. You'll thank me later haha :wink:
    I'm planning on going to the store (if the rain stops!) and I might pick some up! :P Toasted or nontoasted?

There was a poptart thread I saw on here a while back, and ever since then I have been wanting a poptart. The weird thing is I DON'T EVEN LIKE POPTARTS! I've always found them rather cardboard-y. Why do I want one?

I started that.
    I meant this one: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10128526/i-ate-pop-tarts-for-47-days-straight-and-look-what-happened/p1 Which one did you make?
  • Janevien67
    Janevien67 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HollandOats, thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure any type of fasting is suitable for me but I'll look into it and after some research I'll decide whether to try it or not. Right now I feel so NOT in conrol of my eating so any suggestions are welcome. *even if normally I wouldn't even look into them* :D:)
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    And yeah, I'm not the best at condolences either, but I am offering virtual support and prayers for everyone who is experiencing such sadness and loss.

Confession: my husband's best friend's father just died and I have no idea what to say to him. My husband lost his own father when he was 10 and his friend's father had been a great source of support for him throughout his life.

just saying something that tells
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    My step-daughter came over last night and she was talking to her dad about what happened with the pregnancy. I'm such a terrible person, I didn't say anything. No comforting words, no words of encouragement, nothing. A big fat NOTHING. I wish I wasn't so awkward around her. We're not close (we just started getting to see her late last year because her mother is a hose beast that kept her away) and I don't want to overstep my boundaries with her. I wish I would or could have said something though...

Find a very simple card. Tell her in writing that you are thinking of her and you are sorry for her loss. Tell her that you are not good at saying it but that you want her to know you care. Keep it short and simple.

I love this! I LOVE buying and giving cards too, so this is perfect!

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Brown Sugar and Cinnamon or Frosted Strawberry. You'll thank me later haha :wink:
    I'm planning on going to the store (if the rain stops!) and I might pick some up! :P Toasted or nontoasted?

Toasted!!! Nontoasted is just plain wrong lol
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    My go to health food was granny smith apples. Now that I'm allergic to them my go to snack food is chocolate. So many more calories in that....

How do you become allergic to granny smith apples after eating them previously? I know allergies can be weird. Just curious. I LOVE granny smith apples. I had an addiction to them for a while, but cut back after going low-carb.

To get an allergy you have to have been exposed to that item at least twice before in the past. I think this is part of the reason some schools go peanut free. A lot of people are allergic to peanuts and the oil/dust gets everywhere. Better that the kid have a reaction at home for the first time than in the school.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Elvis lives across the street from me. No, seriously, the dude is an Elvis impersonator. But sadly not the good looking Elvis.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else bothered to venture over to that "Ketogenic 1 month progress" or whatever it's called thread yet? Dude's a walking ketoacidosis case waiting to happen!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    My step-daughter came over last night and she was talking to her dad about what happened with the pregnancy. I'm such a terrible person, I didn't say anything. No comforting words, no words of encouragement, nothing. A big fat NOTHING. I wish I wasn't so awkward around her. We're not close (we just started getting to see her late last year because her mother is a hose beast that kept her away) and I don't want to overstep my boundaries with her. I wish I would or could have said something though...

Wait a couple of weeks, call her, tell her you have been thinking about her. Or send her a card with a gift card to a restaurant or spa, something she would enjoy with the note you have been thinking about her. That way you don't have to get all awkward and she knows you care. Some times it is not what we say, but what we do.

I love this too! I also love giving gift cards. Almost as much as I like receiving them. :wink:

• MoHousdon
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    For those that are following and care :wink: - the people accepted the second offer on the house! As long as all the mortgage/inspection/misc. stuff works out I will have possession in a couple months. I'm really excited about it :smiley:

@ShibaEars that is awesome! I'm so happy for you. Hopefully everything that needs to work out, will! Yay! B)