Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Page 666 confession - I watched the Omen and Omen II so many times as a kid, I could recite them along like they were RHPS.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    So, we made it to page 666! Shall we do some spooky or evil confessions?! Or should we not take this thread down that road? I'm headed to the gym so I'll miss it if we do. I'll have to log back on later to see what happens!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I am still back on page 642. I have had entirely too much work the past couple of days to get caught up. I am off work tomorrow and have a ton going on, then we are off to a family reunion long weekend at my families ranch and I will not have phone or internet service on the ranch so unless I drive to town while there I may lose my login stretch, this pains me! I might just have to go for a drive everyday. I am not sure how I will ever catch up with this thread with that much time away though. I have to read each and every post so I won't miss anything! I am addicted to this thread! I may need to seek professional help for this :o

I, too am addicted to this thread. I tell myself everyday I won't go on here, but then I do. I spend countless work hours checking it and replying to it. I feel you people (what do you mean, YOU people?!) have helped me more than you'll ever know. I have found some friends on here that I feel like I know IRL and I cherish our friendship. Even if it is strictly online only.

I consider this free therapy and I feel free saying things here that I can't anywhere else. If I could hug each and everyone of you, I would. Even those of you that aren't into that sort of thing. :smiley:

I keep finding myself entering my food, and then clicking right on "community" to come here.

I find myself opening MFP to enter food, clicking here first, then forgetting to enter the food and have to come back to do it.

Bahaha I keep catching myself doing this too!
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Okay in honor of page 666 >:)

When I was 12 my msn email address was something like satan_is_your_friend. I fancied myself as a bit of a goth *cringe*

real_men_wear_pink was another delight.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    A lot of my pets already had names when I got them. Growing up on a farm, I've had hundreds of cats and tens of dogs in my lifetime. Every one of them had a name. My current animals:

Dog: Macy (inherited name. I adopted her last year, she was 11 years old and in rough shape at the time).
    Siamese cat: Max (inherited name)
    White cat: Snowball (named by a former stepdaughter, my kids hate this name and call him Fat Man).
    Calico: Charlotte (inherited name)
    Black cat: Steve (Steve is a girl. She's named for the monkey on Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs).

My best friend has a dog named Steve (he's a boy, obviously) and one named Doug, who is also male. She also had a bird named Barry, as in Gibb, who she found out was actually a female shortly before she laid and egg and died. It was a very sad situation.

She named her bird after Barry Gibb?!! What an awesome best friend!! I LOVE Barry Gibb, he's the only one alive
    Now :(

She IS an awesome best friend!

ETA - I corrected your spelling error. :smiley:

You can do that?! I use my computer when I'm at work for MFP but I had today off so I've been using my phone and it's so much more difficult :(
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Not much of a confession, but Halloween is my family's second favorite holiday. We usually only watch horror movies because its all we agree on.

Also, I've only just recently been able to deal with haunted houses/trails. I'm a huge coward. But this past Halloween the one we went to pretended to bury us alive. And I survived. But I hate the ubiquitous chain saws.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    So, we made it to page 666! Shall we do some spooky or evil confessions?! Or should we not take this thread down that road? I'm headed to the gym so I'll miss it if we do. I'll have to log back on later to see what happens!

I watched The Exorcist when I was 14 and a freshman in high school at a sleepover and 15 years later I STILL have vivid nightmare. I've never watched it again and I probably never will! I couldn't sleep for months after watching it :(
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Not much of a confession, but Halloween is my family's second favorite holiday. We usually only watch horror movies because its all we agree on.

Also, I've only just recently been able to deal with haunted houses/trails. I'm a huge coward. But this past Halloween the one we went to pretended to bury us alive. And I survived. But I hate the ubiquitous chain saws.

I am so jealous of how much of a big deal Halloween is in the USA! It just doesn't compare here in England. When I was in Florida years ago I went to one of the Halloween horror nights at Universal Studios and it was the best thing ever.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    With all the pics of awesome dogs and cats floating around here, I can't resist sharing one of my cat (and I hope this works because I'm lame when it comes to technology):

8478f49e-3c96-4b58-81f4-7a2a0e935c15_zps1fuicbmz.jpg

This is Buddy. Or as I call him: Budweiser, Budster, The Budinator, Bud-Bud, Buddy Love, Buddy Cake, BeelzeBud, Booger, Sweet Boy, Old Man, or Flabby Tabby. :) And yeah, he pretty much always looks like this...at least when I'm around.

ETA: Appropriate that my devil cat lands on page 666, LOL. He's evil but I love him :)
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »

I always say one of these years we're going to Erebus, but we never do.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Finished my dinner and I had 100 calories left... which I really should have saved considering I'm way in the red this week already...

But I bought s'mores Oreos for the kids and I had to try one (totally delicious, by the way).
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    lm8rkjg8l2wt.jpg

Here's my Disney princess. He totally identifies with Rapunzel.
  • cnoonannurse
    cnoonannurse Posts: 58 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    What was The People thread? Was the OP arguing some stupid point or something?

Also, I just finished reading City of Stairs. Amazing, AMAZING book.

About a size 22 model being featured in People magazine, apparently, and whether or not it's a good or bad move. Fat acceptance vs health and all that. It was an interesting discussion until it got nasty...
    And then someone showed up saying that fat people are pigs? See, that's why I like this thread! :tongue: More positivity... for the most part :smiley:

Oh my God that is terrible. This is a weight loss sight (and fitness) why why would you post something like that???
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I have an adopted feral cat we named Fritzmeyer. But if he likes you, you have to call him Toontz.

I once had an orange cat that had the most personality I've ever seen in a cat. His name was Fitzgerald. I do miss him.

We had an orange cat once. My daughter named him Copper, not because of his color...but because we got him the day of my uncle's retirement from the police force. I guess if Uncle Paul wasn't going to be a "copper" anymore, she figured the cat should be:)
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I love hearing about everyone's pets!

We put our potbelly pig in a little fenced in barn. The past two days at about 9am she's let herself out and knocked on the front door. I just let her in top visit and took her back outside yesterday afternoon. Today when she did it again, I decided that she misses me (even though I go tosee her and feed her treats everyday). I'm not sure that she's going back to her barn.

Halloween is my favorite holiday. No pressure of trying to make anyone happy... just fun! And candy!

Here's me confession : I'm totally slothing it up today and I am not real happy about it. My hip has been bothering me for a while but since I've gotten so many steps in lately (up to 20-22k a day from 12-14k a day) I have really aggravated it and now both hip joints hurt just to walk. I'm definitely going to have to go to the dr when our new insurance starts in like 2 weeks. :(
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    We have five cats...four were taken in after months of taking care of/feeding them as strays.
    Orange tabby named Bugsy
    Grey tabby named Scrappy
    Tuxedo markings (but grey instead of black) named Tater..very big boy..21 pounds
    Tuxedo named Junior Mint
    Maine coon (very small though..dwarf) named Skye

We also had rescued two other orange tabby strays in the past but lost them both to cancer. One named Bowie and one named Steve.
    And our beloved Dachshund named Pacey who we had to say goodbye last summer after 15.5 years :(
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    What was The People thread? Was the OP arguing some stupid point or something?

Also, I just finished reading City of Stairs. Amazing, AMAZING book.

About a size 22 model being featured in People magazine, apparently, and whether or not it's a good or bad move. Fat acceptance vs health and all that. It was an interesting discussion until it got nasty...
    And then someone showed up saying that fat people are pigs? See, that's why I like this thread! :tongue: More positivity... for the most part :smiley:

Oh my God that is terrible. This is a weight loss sight (and fitness) why why would you post something like that???
    I have an adopted feral cat we named Fritzmeyer. But if he likes you, you have to call him Toontz.

I once had an orange cat that had the most personality I've ever seen in a cat. His name was Fitzgerald. I do miss him.

We had an orange cat once. My daughter named him Copper, not because of his color...but because we got him the day of my uncle's retirement from the police force. I guess if Uncle Paul wasn't going to be a "copper" anymore, she figured the cat should be:)

That is cute.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    lm8rkjg8l2wt.jpg

Here's my Disney princess. He totally identifies with Rapunzel.

And of course on the keyboard!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Page 666 confession - I watched the Omen and Omen II so many times as a kid, I could recite them along like they were RHPS.

Darn I wish I had thought to prepare for 666. Nothing exciting here. Horror movies scare me. I loved the early Stephen King books. And with all the animal pics today we probably should not address Pet Cemetary!
  • Oberon21
    edited May 2015
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Oh and new profile pic. SKINNY ARMS ROB LOWE!!! He's my fav out of those commercials.

I was going to ask about that! Now I see it. I couldn't tell what it was at first.

Looks like I'm not having any mayonnaise cuz the struggle is real! lol

Although in haste I did mistake his name. It's actually SCRAWNY ARMS ROB LOWE. (I know, same difference) hahaha

Oh yeah, you know how UN-PC is it use words like "skinny" and "fat"! On a related note, is my guacamole promoting obesity? I opened the lid and inside it says, "I'm chunky and proud of it!".

I only hear one thing from guac.... EAT ALL OF ME IN ONE SITTING. <3 I love guac soooo much. I can (but don't) eat it by the spoonful.

That is one of the few things I have to watch my portions on! Stir in some salsa and top it with sour cream and shredded cheese - yum!

Me too. To the point of buying only the 100 cal single serving cups of Wholly Guacamole. Otherwise I'll eat the container.

I did slice up a whole avocado last weekend and ate it for lunch. lol

One avocado = one serving. I could live on them. Yumm. I eat entire avocados several times a week.

I have pretty much stopped eating it 'cause, you know, a serving is a pint as far as I am concerned. Guacamole and Hummus are my downfalls. I can talk about them like you guys talk about ice cream on here.

And now I want guacamole.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I named my cat Lionel after Lionel Richie :)

He was so cute when he was a little kitty! -
    d7ra044lxvqo.jpg

Now he's a big beast!
    mjna7lyr482y.jpg

He is gorgeous!