Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Big day in our house - my son had his high school graduation. I was a weeping, emotional wreck because it's been a long, hard battle for all of us. He has ADHD and mild Asperger's, but he's (hopefully!) graduating from the regular school program. It feels like a huge triumph!
    fvs1bfqbgirl.jpg
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I love all the pet photos too!

I gained 3 pounds before we left for Vegas last week to make my dress fit and I'm up another six today (which is hopefully mostly water and will go away soon), but we're married!

Congratulations! You look absolutely beautiful!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I gained 3 pounds before we left for Vegas last week to make my dress fit and I'm up another six today (which is hopefully mostly water and will go away soon), but we're married!

Sorry they're kinda huge...

IMG_2872_zpsz2916wyy.jpg

IMG_2848_zps7mjyrtxv.jpg

IMG_2843_zpswiblzkco.jpg

Congrats you look gorgeous!!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Big day in our house - my son had his high school graduation. I was a weeping, emotional wreck because it's been a long, hard battle for all of us. He has ADHD and mild Asperger's, but he's (hopefully!) graduating from the regular school program. It feels like a huge triumph!
    fvs1bfqbgirl.jpg

Aw that's awesome, congratulations!!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    LH85DC wrote: »
    LH85DC wrote: »
    I've kind of lost my drive to keep on track, which is really stupid since I'll have to be seen in a swimsuit in a little more than a month. I just want to eat and drink what I want and not give a crap. I think I might be depressed because of all the crap that's going on right now with my stepdaughter (not going into that) and my kitty being gone.

I did have an NSV yesterday while cleaning out my closet. I have a pair of BCBG boots that have always been tight on my calves. I put them on yesterday and I actually had a little bit of room where they weren't suffocating my legs. I felt pretty good about that.

That's awesome! My calves are just big enough to be a problem in boots, and last year I was able to buy regular (not wide-calf) boots for the first time since college. That was such a great feeling!

I've always had bigger legs (thanks, Mom) even when I was really thin. They are starting to lean out and get muscular thanks to the 3x a week workouts I've been doing. If I really put in the effort, I'm sure I'd get even more incredible results, but I'm just too lazy.

Now, if I could just get a tan, I'd be in good shape. Pun totally intended. :p

I can relate so much! Not only with the calves, but also with the tan... I can pick up a tiny bit of sun on my arms and face if I'm outside enough, even through my sunscreen, but I have the palest legs (even with tinted moisturizer). Wearing shorts is always a last resort for me, and I only do it when it's really hot or if I'm just working out/walking the dog... I feel like I could blind people with my legs.

TRUTH!

I usually don't give a crap about how white my legs are during the summer, but since we're going to Florida next month, I'd like to have at least some sort of color other than fluorescent albino. Maybe I'll just wear maxi skirts/dresses the whole time and not even worry about it. I still have the issue with the swimsuit though, (which my husband informed me he hates so I'll be returning it to try to find another) because if I plan on swimming at all, I'll have to take off the dress/skirt.

I am really pale too, but over the years of working a the barn on the weekends my arms have gotten tan and usually don't ever go back to fluorescent white like my legs/stomach/etc. Unfortunately between running and the barn I end up with tan arms (typically in a short sleeved/tank top fashion) and shorts/socks marks from running clothes. When I do get in a bathing suit (not often) I look ridiculous.

I had that issue when I used to play softball in the summer. T shirt tan, short and sock lines. Swimsuits and dresses look funny with blinding white ankles and feet.

• ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    fvs1bfqbgirl.jpg

Oh this is wonderful. I am in the same boat we are just starting 7th grade starting to emotionally prepare for high school. Great to see this very encouraging.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

IMG_2872_zpsz2916wyy.jpg

IMG_2848_zps7mjyrtxv.jpg

IMG_2843_zpswiblzkco.jpg

The two of you look so calm and happy and the guy 3 rows back looks terrified, lol. Congratulations.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    ckmama wrote: »

IMG_2843_zpswiblzkco.jpg

The two of you look so calm and happy and the guy 3 rows back looks terrified, lol. Congratulations.

LOL, he's one of our friends and he HATES roller coasters...which is pretty obvious in the photo!

Thanks to everyone for the kind replies and forgive me for the huge photos of my big $99 dress :)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Congrats to both @Tubbs216 & @peleroja :smiley:
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    fvs1bfqbgirl.jpg

Congratulations!

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

It's closed. It may still be up, though.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »

It's closed. It may still be up, though.
    Still up. Love when kgeyser closes threads. She uses the best gifs!
  • Tubbs216
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the good wishes!
    ETA: I feel a bit odd about posting a picture - I don't have a single one of me anywhere else on MFP.
  • margfish
    margfish Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @peleroja I am jealous of everything in that picture. You look just beautiful. Congratulations! Isn't it a relief that it's all done and now life can go back to normal? :)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @peleroja and @Tubbs216. Glad to see you both had such good big days!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Thanks for the good wishes!
    ETA: I feel a bit odd about posting a picture - I don't have a single one of me anywhere else on MFP.

Yayyy! I love seeing what people actually look like compared to what I had pictured in my mind haha You look great!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    For those of you who love cute kitty pictures, here's one of my sister's doll-faced persian when he was an itty bitty kitten.

fpxbj63hcf8h.jpg

Today on my way to work I went by a shop that had a black kitty laying next to the mannequins at the widow. I paused to look at it and it meowed loudly at me. I wanted to pet it so bad!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Cannot resist fluffy kittens.

This is mine. Her name is Vameka but I just call her Monster, it's more appropriate. She's my 'heart cat', if there's such a thing, even if she's a pain in the butt.

DSC00686b_zps42e2af8b.jpg

Aww she's so cute:).
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I have finally caught up.

Those of you who are my peeps already know this, but my FIL is currently in the hospital (and it was not looking good Sunday/Monday), but we got great news this morning. He should be alright, though it will be a long road to recovery.

I ate like I spent most of my weekend in a hospital waiting area/sleeping on my BIL's couch, and it shows. I feel like hell, but I'm at work today, so I forced myself to pack an acceptable lunch, and I WILL get my act together over the next couple of days. I even plan to hit the gym tonight and lift my aggression out.

Confession: Prior to putting on a crapton of under eye concealer, I basically looked like a walking corpse. I'm so pale that it's kind of horrifying to other people when I don't get enough sleep.

Must be a huge relief. Glad you got good news.
  • marissafit06
    Options
    Way behind because of the wonderful long weekend and may not get caught up today because of stupid meetings. I wanted to share a picture of our lab/mix dog. We adopted her about four years ago with the name Brandie. She is nine now. I have to take her to the vet today to get a rather large lump on her side checked out. Prayers and good vibes would be appreciated.38h21c7fvocu.jpg

Prayers it's nothing serious.
  • marissafit06
    Options
    Confession: today is my birthday and I am waiting to see if my husband will actually remember. In the 10 years we've been married, he has legit forgotten my birthday twice. At least 4 other times he's not remembered until the end of the day; like "getting into bed" end of the day. I'm not looking for a parade or anything, but a "Happy Birthday" sometime in the morning hours would be nice.

Happy Birthday! My husband hasn't done that, but only because he doesn't want to deal with my crazy.