Whats your GOAL or current weight range?

Options

Replies

• Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I keep changing my goals, so I think 160-163 would be cool. I don't know
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    5' 6" 191 lbs. I started at 313 lbs almost a year ago. I've lost 122 of the 160 I needed to lose in order to get down to 153, then reassess. 38 lbs to go! :)
  • pumpkinpocalypse
    pumpkinpocalypse Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm 5''1, 105 lbs since very recently! (~2 weeks). I'm just entering slow transition to maintenance and would like to keep it down at 105 but get a lot more muscle definition. Or gain some muscle mass, but for them to replace body fat.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm 5''1, 105 lbs since very recently! (~2 weeks). I'm just entering slow transition to maintenance and would like to keep it down at 105 but get a lot more muscle definition. Or gain some muscle mass, but for them to replace body fat.

You and I are in the exact same phase with the same goals! I'll add you if you don't mind. :)
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5"
    Currently 143
    Goal weight is 135, maybe 130. Once I'm there I want to maintain within 5 pounds.
  • Kateo199
    Kateo199 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5". Started at 189 pounds (13 stone 7 pounds) now at 174 (12 stone 6 pounds).
    The goal is 126 (9 stone), or when I'm happy with how I look and my BMI is healthy.
    If anyone has similar specs/goals and would like to keep in contact/share advice then please get in touch!
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    There's little or no logic to my current situation. It's basically and unexplainably become impossible for me to lose weight. Eating 1800 calories a day for several months got me from 230 to 222, or so I thought. One week's worth of vacation, boom. 240lbs. OK, so 10 was water but now I"m 230 again? I gained 8lbs in a week? It flat out defies logic.

EDIT: Here's the graph. Any logical explainations would be appreciated: https://trendweight.com/u/f8ef80f0071149/

Well, first of all, congratulations on losing over 130 lb. so far! That's already twice what I lost.

I doubt that you gained 8 lb. of fat in a week; that would require eating over 3500 calories above maintenance every day. Depending on where you were and what you were doing, though, it's likely that you added a lot of glycogen, and the associated water that is stored with it, to your muscles. That's especially true if you weren't exercising as much as usual. In that case, it will slowly be depleted now that you're back at a deficit. If you were eating more than usual, you'll also have more food waste bulk in your GI tract; that will reduce itself too.

Edited to add: I had a more moderate version of that happen to me over the last couple of weeks. My in-laws were in town, and I exercised less than usual and ate somewhat more—maybe 25-50 calories per day over maintenance. Based on my logging I would have expected the scale to go up by 3-4 ounces, but instead it went up 3 pounds. Now it's back below that, after I've cleared my gut and a 43-mile bike ride used up a lot of that extra glycogen.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    47-year-old male, 5' 10". My goal weight was initially 170, then 160, and finally (for now) 150. I've been maintaining for 5 months and my weight has fluctuated between 147.0 and 151.8. My exponentially smoothed moving average has fluctuated between 148.9 and 151.0. The exception is the week when I was retaining water and solid wastes due to surgery and antibiotics.

I weighed 138 when I got married, but that was 20 years ago! Now that it's summer I might take a little off, with long runs and bike rides back on the table, but I'm not specifically aiming to lose any more.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    40, male, 5' 10" range 150-155. Goal - stay active without injuring myself.
  • sgirl2009
    sgirl2009 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    5'4"
    SW: 141.4
    GW: 120
  • missallenxox
    missallenxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    5'6.5"
    Currently 176lbs
    Aiming for 150lbs but in my wildest dreams lol 135lbs
  • Gofor15
    Gofor15 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think 118-123 is the range I would like to maintain for the long term. I'm not particularly overweight, but I feel every single pound over 123 when it happens and it, well, it weighs on me!
  • IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    6"
    Currently 189lbs.
    Goal weight 200lbs.
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Maintain my current weight. Eat smart (with an occasional cheat). Build muscle tone (especially core). :-)
  • wishiwasarunner
    wishiwasarunner Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    46 y/o, 5'7 - started at 170#. Now at 148. GW was 150 with plans to adjust down after maintaining for a few months at the first goal. Trying to decide where I want to go. Thinking maybe of trying to hit my drivers license weight of 140#, but honestly if the 22# I lost stays lost - I am ok with whatever.
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I've lost the weight; now to work on building up the muscle (a little bit harder since I'm older). I'll get there, just may take me a little bit longer. I'm 5' 3" and 121 (original goal weight was 120 (I think I'm close enough).
  • shelbseroo
    shelbseroo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    5' 6"
    Starting weight was ~165
    I was totally deluded and thought I was only about 150.

My end goal is to be ~140, but I would be happy with 145.
  • justamyagain
    justamyagain Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    5'3
    SW: 206
    CW: 132
    GW: 128, originally 125 but I think I'm pretty close to where I want to be now. Profile pic is from Wednesday.
  • justamyagain
    justamyagain Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    griffinca2 wrote: »
    I've lost the weight; now to work on building up the muscle (a little bit harder since I'm older). I'll get there, just may take me a little bit longer. I'm 5' 3" and 121 (original goal weight was 120 (I think I'm close enough).

I'm working on building muscle now too, not as concerned w the last few lbs coming off. I'm hoping that this will help w maintenance.
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". Goal weight is 140 [maybe 135] with muscle. Currently 150.