Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I read success stories or just people talking about weight loss and if I see someone around my height that had a starting weight higher than me I get happy because at least I don't have to start that high. Then I feel really terrible.

Same here.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm judging hard the chick who started a thread asking how to a chic a thigh gap :o:# Seriously, a thigh gap? Who the eff cares?

I swear I'm not a b!tch but that one just was unbelievable to me.

I used to have a thigh gap (until I gained like 40 pounds this year...) and the only reason I care is that having my thighs touch feels weird and kind of gross. But aesthetically it's whatever. Actually something that does bother me, aesthetically, is when celebrities etc. stand with their feet together but their knees far so that their thighs don't touch. A.) that's not even what a thigh gap is, no one will think your thighs are thinner B.) it looks really uncomfortable and cannot be good for your knees and C.) just stand like a normal *kitten* human with your feet apart. It doesn't look cool. It looks stupid.

(I didn't know I had that many feelings about this.)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    WTF

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176273/digging-up-details-on-dog-food#latest
    @AlciaMode and @AngryViking1970 you are right!! I'm just being stupid- I am 29 but don't feel it whatsoever and I'm really looking forward to my 30's I've heard from lots those are some of the best years! Thank you ladies! <3

I looked forward to turning 30, and life has been awesome since I did. Far more self confidence and life fell into place with love, and work/life balance

Word! I am a million times happier in my mid-forties. Looking back, my twenties were terrible. I had NO idea who I was or what I wanted.

Oh gosh my twenties were a total disaster of bad decisions after bad decisions... Ugh.
    http://www.wboc.com/story/23662934/some-seniors-in-kent-county-strapped-for-cash-eat-pet-food-to-save-money
    It might be a thing?

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    WTF

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176273/digging-up-details-on-dog-food#latest
    @AlciaMode and @AngryViking1970 you are right!! I'm just being stupid- I am 29 but don't feel it whatsoever and I'm really looking forward to my 30's I've heard from lots those are some of the best years! Thank you ladies! <3

I looked forward to turning 30, and life has been awesome since I did. Far more self confidence and life fell into place with love, and work/life balance

Word! I am a million times happier in my mid-forties. Looking back, my twenties were terrible. I had NO idea who I was or what I wanted.

Oh gosh my twenties were a total disaster of bad decisions after bad decisions... Ugh.
    http://www.wboc.com/story/23662934/some-seniors-in-kent-county-strapped-for-cash-eat-pet-food-to-save-money
    It might be a thing?

That's sad:(.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    salembambi wrote: »
    I just walked by the local high school on my lunch break. Confession: so glad I'm years beyond high school. Question: did high school aged girls always look like hookers? The amazingly short shorts with crop tops/sport bras! Holy *kitten*-child, Batman!

are you serious ? calling young girls *kitten* and hookers?sexualizing them ...how nice

they can wear whatever they want just like any other girl or women

geezus

Was it the "absolutely" the "no" or the "judgment" that tripped you up?

Amen. And I agree about clothes, heck some things that 10yo girls wear make me shake my head sometimes.

Me too. And I seriously question their parents judgement.

Sometimes I wonder if their parents know how they're dressing. I've heard of kids wearing one outfit leaving home and changing at school.

I would do that in high school. Change in the back of the bus. But I don't remember it being that extreme. I had a catsuit that I would wear under ripped jeans (oh, the 90's!). My mom hated that catsuit. LOL

As well she should have. Really, a catsuit?! I think we all need to see pictures.

I don't think I have any. It was long-sleeved and flowered and zipped up the back. The cloth would show through the rips in the jeans. I thought I was pretty awesome in that. Wish I had the body I had then.

ETA: I feel like I should add this from Wikipedia: A catsuit is a close-fitting one-piece garment that covers the torso and the legs, and frequently the arms.[1] They are usually made from stretchable material, such as lycra, chiffon, spandex.

How did you use the restroom while wearing this thing?! This is why women go to restroom in pairs. :smiley:

Well, you didn't wait until the last minute, that's for sure!

I'm all about the jumpsuits right now and to pee, you have to undress to the waist and kind of sling it over one arm...let's just say I won't be wearing them to any festivals this year with any kind of port-o-potties because they are exceedingly difficult to keep off the floor.

Also, on the clothing note, I grew up in that part of the 90s where crop tops AND low-rise jeans were in style at the same time, so I'm just relieved that at least the trend now seems to be high-rise bottoms with the crop tops so you only see the upper half of the stomach. Way cuter.

I remember how bad I wanted a pair of low rise Levi's when their "belly button" commercials came out. Remember those?

Definitely! I also had a pair of super-low-rise jeans that had a LACE UP fly instead of a zipper or buttons...klassy klassy klassy. Looking back I cannot believe my mother let me out of the house in them as I think you could see my hipbones above the waistband. I definitely wore those to school though...

I had a pair of pants like that too. LOVED them. Christina Aguilera wore pants in a couple videos that laced up on the hips, and I wanted a pair so bad!

ETA: Although the fashion may be different, I suppose teenage girls are the same lol.

Right? I see them around and I'm mostly just relieved that there aren't visible g-strings like when I was their age. The leggings and crop tops are not nearly as offensive or revealing, thankfully. And I love that lots of very loose, flowy tops and dresses are trendy now. Way better than those painted-on ultra low-rise jeans and tube tops I loved...not to mention the platforms and huge wedge heels. I had a pair of six-inch wedge sandals that laced up my calves too about fifteen years ago...eesh. Ooh, and the huge chunky highlights on the flatironed hair.

I'm not even 30 yet so it's a little early for pearl-clutching but I seriously think teenagers today don't look nearly as, uh, trashy as my high school classmates did.

Oh ya, I forgot about that... I wasn't one to have my underwear hanging out, but there were lots of girls out like that. I guess I can no longer talk about "kids these days" when it comes to fashion choices :blush:

Oh ya, I forgot about that... I wasn't one to have my underwear hanging out, but there were lots of girls out like that. I guess I can no longer talk about "kids these days" when it comes to fashion choices :blush:

I remember girls used to pull their thong up on purpose so it was showing and the Head Teacher called a girls assembly in school to stop it from happening.

Ps. When I'm on this board I find myself constantly questioning if I should Americanize words cos a lot of you are from there. I've thought this about Mum/Mom, sunbeds/tanning beds, Head teacher/Principal, bum/butt, *kitten*/*kitten* and I'm sure there's more... B)

Jumper always got me. How does that equal sweater? LOL

I have a friend who got very irritated when I told him that every time he mentioned his "jumper," I was picturing him wearing one of these:
    funtasia-girls-reversible-red-christmas-plaid-jumper-dress-27.jpg

Nice.

I have to admit I had some of those jeans with the fold down button fly. I believe they were even acid wash with ankle zippers. I also, I'm sad to admit, had a pair of low rise skintight jeans that had no pockets but did have a huge attached faux belt. I wore these AFTER I had my daughter and I thought I looked hot. I looked ridiculous.

I'm glad I dress more classic and age appropriate now.

I'm 44 and my daughter is 16. We are just about exactly the same size (she's a bit more slender and a bit taller but same clothing and shoe size. We have different coloring and face shapes but people instantly know she's my daughter.) We very often look at each other in the morning and realize that we're matchy matchy. For example a blue knit v neck top, jeans, boots and hair in a ponytail. It makes me laugh and makes her stomp off to change. She's fairly conservative and classic in her dress and dresses up often. My work is often in a lab so jeans are often fine. I tell her that either I have good taste or she has horrible taste in clothes. She wears a summer dress that I bought 22 years ago and looks lovely in it. She took and kept some jeans, riding boots, pumps, and a few dresses. So my question: What is age appropriate and what is ageless?

I'm not sure. I think anyone can wear jeans, boots, and v-neck tops regardless of age. My 13 year old and I have dressed alike on a few occasions but we don't shop in the same department. Maybe that was more my point. I'm not judging anyone that shops in the juniors department, I just feel like I'm too old to shop there.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I've been extremely, extremely depressed today. I've only gotten out of bed to pray my five daily prayers and then got right back into it to cry and sleep and cry and sleep some more. I figured that if I slept long enough, I might not wake up again. Didn't quite work, as you can see. *sigh*

On a related confession, I feel so guilty that I can suffer from severe depression when I have such a wonderful life. A wonderful husband, a beautiful apartment, everything I need or want at my fingertips. So many people have nothing and so many people want to live, so what right do I have to want to die? Also, what in the world is so wrong with me that I would feel this way when my life is almost perfect, especially when compared to my childhood? One of the supreme mysteries of the universe. :-/

I'm sorry.... I want to hug you right now. I'm glad you woke up. :)

And it's no mystery, it's faulty chemistry. I'm amazed at how much power and control our bodily chemistry (hormones or whatever) has over our emotions, and I've only had minimal experience myself via PMS and menopause.

My best friend suffers from chronic, medication-resistant depression and she has a wonderful life too. It's got nothing to do with environment, situation or events... just brain chemistry.

Not for long, I'm totally going back to bed. But I figured I'd check in here first. :)

Rationally, I understand that it isn't really my fault that I feel this way. But in my heart of hearts I can't help but hate myself and feel like I'm ungrateful to my husband and to God for feeling depressed so often. I try so hard to keep my spirits up, but sometimes I just... Can't. Today is one of those days.

I understand. My friend feels the same way, that her depression is a personal failing or weakness (even though she knows differently) and she "should" be able to pull out of it herself. She feels doubly bad about it now that it looks like her daughter has inherited the condition, just as my friend did from her mum.

She did have good results from CBT a few years ago and was able to manage her condition with only one medication.

I hope tomorrow is a much better day for you!

I just came in from washing my SO's truck -- he's at work now. @MoHousdon 's recent posts reminded me (not that I forget!) that I have a totally awesome fella who does nice things for me all the time, so I should be doing more nice things for him.

If I was upset that something I wanted was out of stock, he'd hunt it down online too. And he's willing to indulge all my silly American "junk food" urges, even if it means driving from store to store in search of something elusive.

His iPad is logged in to my Amazon account because he was wishlisting parts for me to order for one of my vehicles. He also puts things on there that he needs that I can tack onto an order if I need to beef up the amount to qualify for free shipping. About a month ago, while he was at work, he asked me to get a few of the things on on the wish list so I logged on to place the order... and he'd stacked the top of the list with all kind of silly merchandise featuring the phrase "I love you more". Awwww. <3

Hearing things like that makes my heart happy. It's an incredible thing to find The One that makes your soul sing.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Yes, I agree with @kellienw335. It is really cute, but you generally don't want the bottoms to fall at the largest part of the thigh. Of course, that may not be true in your case. How do you think it will fit?

Sorry, but I have no knowledge of their quality or durability, though.

I tried on a pair of swim shorts that hit in about the same place and they were super flattering and they made my butt look incredible. I should have bought them. I'm not sure how it will fit and I'm nervous about spending $148 on something I can't try on first. But I'm 100% in love with this swimsuit and it got all 5 star reviews on the site.

I bought my swimsuit off of http://www.unique-vintage.com/swim/one-piece-swimsuits.html last year & it was pretty good quality.

Adorable! I'll have to remember that for future reference. The Jaws one is funny.

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

totally agree. My thirties were my best years by far.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    I've been extremely, extremely depressed today. I've only gotten out of bed to pray my five daily prayers and then got right back into it to cry and sleep and cry and sleep some more. I figured that if I slept long enough, I might not wake up again. Didn't quite work, as you can see. *sigh*

On a related confession, I feel so guilty that I can suffer from severe depression when I have such a wonderful life. A wonderful husband, a beautiful apartment, everything I need or want at my fingertips. So many people have nothing and so many people want to live, so what right do I have to want to die? Also, what in the world is so wrong with me that I would feel this way when my life is almost perfect, especially when compared to my childhood? One of the supreme mysteries of the universe. :-/

I'm sorry.... I want to hug you right now. I'm glad you woke up. :)

And it's no mystery, it's faulty chemistry. I'm amazed at how much power and control our bodily chemistry (hormones or whatever) has over our emotions, and I've only had minimal experience myself via PMS and menopause.

My best friend suffers from chronic, medication-resistant depression and she has a wonderful life too. It's got nothing to do with environment, situation or events... just brain chemistry.

Not for long, I'm totally going back to bed. But I figured I'd check in here first. :)

Rationally, I understand that it isn't really my fault that I feel this way. But in my heart of hearts I can't help but hate myself and feel like I'm ungrateful to my husband and to God for feeling depressed so often. I try so hard to keep my spirits up, but sometimes I just... Can't. Today is one of those days.

I understand. My friend feels the same way, that her depression is a personal failing or weakness (even though she knows differently) and she "should" be able to pull out of it herself. She feels doubly bad about it now that it looks like her daughter has inherited the condition, just as my friend did from her mum.

She did have good results from CBT a few years ago and was able to manage her condition with only one medication.

I hope tomorrow is a much better day for you!

I just came in from washing my SO's truck -- he's at work now. @MoHousdon 's recent posts reminded me (not that I forget!) that I have a totally awesome fella who does nice things for me all the time, so I should be doing more nice things for him.

If I was upset that something I wanted was out of stock, he'd hunt it down online too. And he's willing to indulge all my silly American "junk food" urges, even if it means driving from store to store in search of something elusive.

His iPad is logged in to my Amazon account because he was wishlisting parts for me to order for one of my vehicles. He also puts things on there that he needs that I can tack onto an order if I need to beef up the amount to qualify for free shipping. About a month ago, while he was at work, he asked me to get a few of the things on on the wish list so I logged on to place the order... and he'd stacked the top of the list with all kind of silly merchandise featuring the phrase "I love you more". Awwww. <3

Hearing things like that makes my heart happy. It's an incredible thing to find The One that makes your soul sing.

I used to scoff at the concept of The One, saying it was just fluffy romantic nonsense... until he came along.

I know differently now.

And I spend 50% of my time missing him, because that's how much he's away for work. Dammit. :'(
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I'm headed to my best friend's retirement party. He's only 44, and has to take a medical retirement due to a brain tumor. Many margaritas will be drank. Calories will not be counted.

@quiksylver296 Sorry about your friend. Hugs.

@Susieq_1994 I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time, but I'm also glad you feel you've benefited from this thread. I hope you start feeling better.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    I am officially at my goal weight as of today. I think that I would like to try putting on muscle and getting back up about 5-8 lbs.

Good stuff!! :#

Thanks!

• MoHousdon
    Options
    I'm more than likely going to binge on movie theater popcorn tonight D:

YUM! My favorite....I have been known to go to the theater on the odd occasion, to buy a bag of overpriced popcorn to bring home and eat while watching TV......

I want to do this so bad!

• MoHousdon
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    I got married once.

I got married once and will celebrate my 33rd anniversary this week.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

I am so sorry you are feeling this way!! Do not underestimate what a poor childhood can do to you later in life.....trust me, I ate my way to nearly 400lbs from anxiety that is obviously rooted in my childhood hell. Have you seen a DR to try some medication to balance the chemicals in your brain?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

It's understandable to feel like that, but you should try not to (easier said than done, I know). Depression is not something you can control by out thinking it. You have no reason to feel guilty. Im sorry you're having a hard day/time right now. Hang in there.

Thank you. :) Yup, much easier said than done, but I'm trying. I'm hanging in there like a kitten on a branch. (anyone seen that poster before?)

I own that poster, lol.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Norahoefer wrote: »
    When i get on the elipitcal in my basement I have to cover up every clock in the room including the one on the machine and then I spend the entire time trying to figure out how long each song I hear is or how many minutes between commercial breaks on the food network show I'm watching and how many minutes I have left. I hate it.

HAHAHA! I do the same thing on my treadmill & usually will pick up my iPad that I have covered over the timer to see how much time I've been on it. If I don't do that, I will try to guess based on the songs I play on Spotify.

I watch netflix while on the treadmill at the gym.....and I put it right over the display, because time STANDS STILL when I am on the treadmill if I don't.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Here are pictures of my fur babies. I am WAY behind on this, but I wanted to join in on the sharing party.

This is Owen. I fear he's not to return. It's been over 3 weeks now and haven't seen him. That makes me sad because he was my baby boy.

6enh80drb2ti.jpg

This is Lucy and Otis. Lucy is the big (for her breed, she's actually on the small side) Staffy, and Otis is the little one in the background.

qtlw994hg1gz.jpg

Awww, they're all so cute but I love big dogs so can I have Lucy?

ETA: I love their names and I'm really sorry about Owen

You'd have to fight (physically more than likely) my husband for her. That's his baby and he was heartbroken when she ran away a few years ago. That's a long story and she didn't run away on purpose. Anyway, NO, you can't have Lucy. Although, you're more than welcome to come and visit her. :smile:

Edited because sometimes reading and typing is hard.

I am so sorry about Owen :(

Thank you, @Italian_Buju

• Italian_Buju
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    Sadly, I confess...if I ever were to get divorced, though I like to think different, I would probably be "that older guy" that hooks up with someone younger...then feel all creepy about it.

On the radio morning show the other day, they were discussing the age ranges of men and women's "ideal" match. They went over the stats for women from 20's up to 60's, and generally, they were looking for someone within 5 years as their own age. For the men from 20's up to 60's, they were looking for someone in the 20-21 range. "That" older guy isn't as rare as you think.

The 'rule' for an acceptable age gap is half the older age + 7. So if you're 24, you can date down to 19. If you're 40, you can date down to 27. If you're 16, you can date down to 15. See, it works, the internet told you so!

I jest of course, date whoever you like so long as it's legal!

My father was 19 years older than my mother ;)
    My grandfather* was 25 years older than my grandmother**. It, unfortunately, was not a happy marriage.

* Not my actual grandfather - my mother always suspected that, and had a DNA test which confirmed it. She confronted my Granny about it, who finally admitted that my actual grandfather was a French-Canadian soldier stationed in our town during the war. Scandal!
    ** She was definitely my real grandmother.

Yeah, my parents was not either as my mother was not only horribly abusive to me, but my father as well.....

ETA: How exciting is it that I am finding my posts from yesterday now....I am nearing the end of the road, lol
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Food-related confession: I'm completely fed up with long pasta like spaghetti and linguine. Manual dexterity isn't my strong suit and I get so bored with twirling it into a manageable forkful, which seems to take me an extraordinary length of time, and I end up losing most of the sauce in the process so all I taste is the noodle. And there is usually some trailing end that I can't manage to train onto the fork that thwaps me in the chin anyway. I gave up ordering these types of noodles in restaurants long ago since I can't manage to eat them gracefully.

We had some leftover meat sauce and the SO made it with linguine last night (which obviously prompted this confession!). After the first couple of mouthfuls, I decided "screw it" and started hacking it up into smaller pieces with my knife. What the hell, I was in the privacy of my own home, who cares if I commit Pasta Sacrilege?

Being over 1000 posts behind due to a crazy week, I am just skimming through and this was the first one I stopped to comment on.....I CARE LOL
    Seriously though, are you rinsing your pasta with water after you cook it? I know a lot of people think you are supposed to do that, but you are not...it makes the sauce not stick as well. If you are not, I am not really understand why you are losing all your sauce, it should stick to your pasta......

Ah, THERE you are! *waves*

If anyone is going to bust me for cutting up long pasta, it would be someone whose username starts with "Italian" lol.

Yes, he rinsed the pasta in cold water after cooking. But I've had the same issue in restaurants, where I daren't take my knife to the pesky things. And my complaint isn't just about losing the sauce, it was the giant mound of meat crumbles and vegetables sitting there waiting to be eaten after it fell off the pasta.

I'm just going to ban long pasta from the house. Maybe while he's away I'll stock up on penne and shells and bowties... then when he tries to buy spaghetti I can legitimately say we've got a ton of stuff we need to use up. o:)

;)

You know it.....make a post about killing pasta, and I appear out of nowhere, lol.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Once every week or two I buy a dozen chocolate donuts, get to the office early & leave them in the break room anonymously, and get grim satisfaction out of watching the same people who say to me "I need to eat like you" chow down.

I'm laughing so hard at this while I'm thinking that I shouldn't be.....but I can't help it! Evil genius!!

@xMrBunglex I remember this confession. I remember that I REALLY wanted donuts after reading it too.

Still, even after 700+ pages, my favorite confession was one that a lady was worried that it wouldn't be too long before her husband used her excess tummy flab for a blanket. I still laugh every time I think about that.

How did I miss that? I don't remember that post.

I don't either....maybe it was all in the head of @MoHousdon

Are you saying I'm crazy?! If I have to go back and quote it, I will!