Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    That's how I felt too. They were alright, but definitely not as good as the Target exclusive Cotton Candy Oreos.

I also finally tried the Lemon Oreos & have to say they're really good.

Same. Why are the packages so small?

Did they get rid of the cotton candy oreos yet? I really wanted to try them but never saw them and I go to Target almost weekly.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Congrats-peleroja and Tubbs :smiley: Celebrate!

Confession-Sometimes this thread is a bad influence. I was eating some of that Peanut Butter and Co white chocolate peanut butter and ate a bunch of it. My reasoning was, well the people from the thread do it sometimes so I'm normal. :|

I need to get back on track. I've been eating too much each day since Sunday.

I'm not blaming anyone but myself of course. I love this thread still.

We all have those bad days, weeks, & months. I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time. For a few months at least when I was off from work I would binge on at least 2,500-5,000 calories a day & it took me a long time to get back to eating somewhat normally again.

I confess that I did judge a poster who blamed this thread for eating treats everyday & that we talk about foods & particularly sweets too much.

i DID buy cookie butter because of this thread, as i'd never heard of it before. but i also didn't eat the whole jar. woot woot.

but speaking of the cookie butter, besides a random taste here and there, what are you supposed to eat it with or on?

That is my issue with it too.....I tried it on short cake cookies, and it was -ok- but have not touched it since....I never heard of it before this thread either....

As you can tell, I am still way behind, I needed a nap lol
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Congrats-peleroja and Tubbs :smiley: Celebrate!

Confession-Sometimes this thread is a bad influence. I was eating some of that Peanut Butter and Co white chocolate peanut butter and ate a bunch of it. My reasoning was, well the people from the thread do it sometimes so I'm normal. :|

I need to get back on track. I've been eating too much each day since Sunday.

I'm not blaming anyone but myself of course. I love this thread still.

We all have those bad days, weeks, & months. I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time. For a few months at least when I was off from work I would binge on at least 2,500-5,000 calories a day & it took me a long time to get back to eating somewhat normally again.

I confess that I did judge a poster who blamed this thread for eating treats everyday & that we talk about foods & particularly sweets too much.

i DID buy cookie butter because of this thread, as i'd never heard of it before. but i also didn't eat the whole jar. woot woot.

but speaking of the cookie butter, besides a random taste here and there, what are you supposed to eat it with or on?

That is my issue with it too.....I tried it on short cake cookies, and it was -ok- but have not touched it since....I never heard of it before this thread either....

As you can tell, I am still way behind, I needed a nap lol

cheesecake
  • marissafit06
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I hope you feel better soon and find someone you can talk to.
  • happy_smiley_face
    happy_smiley_face Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tldavis3s wrote: »
    I've totally done the hot chocolate powder before. :/

Me too! Except I live in Australia, so:

8nvpdo31mtak.jpg

My childhood in one picture right there :)
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    salembambi wrote: »
    I just walked by the local high school on my lunch break. Confession: so glad I'm years beyond high school. Question: did high school aged girls always look like hookers? The amazingly short shorts with crop tops/sport bras! Holy *kitten*-child, Batman!

are you serious ? calling young girls *kitten* and hookers?sexualizing them ...how nice

they can wear whatever they want just like any other girl or women

geezus

Was it the "absolutely" the "no" or the "judgment" that tripped you up?

Amen. And I agree about clothes, heck some things that 10yo girls wear make me shake my head sometimes.

Me too. And I seriously question their parents judgement.

Sometimes I wonder if their parents know how they're dressing. I've heard of kids wearing one outfit leaving home and changing at school.

I would do that in high school. Change in the back of the bus. But I don't remember it being that extreme. I had a catsuit that I would wear under ripped jeans (oh, the 90's!). My mom hated that catsuit. LOL

As well she should have. Really, a catsuit?! I think we all need to see pictures.

I don't think I have any. It was long-sleeved and flowered and zipped up the back. The cloth would show through the rips in the jeans. I thought I was pretty awesome in that. Wish I had the body I had then.

ETA: I feel like I should add this from Wikipedia: A catsuit is a close-fitting one-piece garment that covers the torso and the legs, and frequently the arms.[1] They are usually made from stretchable material, such as lycra, chiffon, spandex.

How did you use the restroom while wearing this thing?! This is why women go to restroom in pairs. :smiley:

Well, you didn't wait until the last minute, that's for sure!

I'm all about the jumpsuits right now and to pee, you have to undress to the waist and kind of sling it over one arm...let's just say I won't be wearing them to any festivals this year with any kind of port-o-potties because they are exceedingly difficult to keep off the floor.

Also, on the clothing note, I grew up in that part of the 90s where crop tops AND low-rise jeans were in style at the same time, so I'm just relieved that at least the trend now seems to be high-rise bottoms with the crop tops so you only see the upper half of the stomach. Way cuter.

I remember how bad I wanted a pair of low rise Levi's when their "belly button" commercials came out. Remember those?

Definitely! I also had a pair of super-low-rise jeans that had a LACE UP fly instead of a zipper or buttons...klassy klassy klassy. Looking back I cannot believe my mother let me out of the house in them as I think you could see my hipbones above the waistband. I definitely wore those to school though...

I had a pair of pants like that too. LOVED them. Christina Aguilera wore pants in a couple videos that laced up on the hips, and I wanted a pair so bad!

ETA: Although the fashion may be different, I suppose teenage girls are the same lol.

Right? I see them around and I'm mostly just relieved that there aren't visible g-strings like when I was their age. The leggings and crop tops are not nearly as offensive or revealing, thankfully. And I love that lots of very loose, flowy tops and dresses are trendy now. Way better than those painted-on ultra low-rise jeans and tube tops I loved...not to mention the platforms and huge wedge heels. I had a pair of six-inch wedge sandals that laced up my calves too about fifteen years ago...eesh. Ooh, and the huge chunky highlights on the flatironed hair.

I'm not even 30 yet so it's a little early for pearl-clutching but I seriously think teenagers today don't look nearly as, uh, trashy as my high school classmates did.

Oh ya, I forgot about that... I wasn't one to have my underwear hanging out, but there were lots of girls out like that. I guess I can no longer talk about "kids these days" when it comes to fashion choices :blush:

Oh ya, I forgot about that... I wasn't one to have my underwear hanging out, but there were lots of girls out like that. I guess I can no longer talk about "kids these days" when it comes to fashion choices :blush:

I remember girls used to pull their thong up on purpose so it was showing and the Head Teacher called a girls assembly in school to stop it from happening.

Ps. When I'm on this board I find myself constantly questioning if I should Americanize words cos a lot of you are from there. I've thought this about Mum/Mom, sunbeds/tanning beds, Head teacher/Principal, bum/butt, *kitten*/*kitten* and I'm sure there's more... B)

Jumper always got me. How does that equal sweater? LOL

I have a friend who got very irritated when I told him that every time he mentioned his "jumper," I was picturing him wearing one of these:
    funtasia-girls-reversible-red-christmas-plaid-jumper-dress-27.jpg

Nice.

I have to admit I had some of those jeans with the fold down button fly. I believe they were even acid wash with ankle zippers. I also, I'm sad to admit, had a pair of low rise skintight jeans that had no pockets but did have a huge attached faux belt. I wore these AFTER I had my daughter and I thought I looked hot. I looked ridiculous.

I'm glad I dress more classic and age appropriate now.

I'm 44 and my daughter is 16. We are just about exactly the same size (she's a bit more slender and a bit taller but same clothing and shoe size. We have different coloring and face shapes but people instantly know she's my daughter.) We very often look at each other in the morning and realize that we're matchy matchy. For example a blue knit v neck top, jeans, boots and hair in a ponytail. It makes me laugh and makes her stomp off to change. She's fairly conservative and classic in her dress and dresses up often. My work is often in a lab so jeans are often fine. I tell her that either I have good taste or she has horrible taste in clothes. She wears a summer dress that I bought 22 years ago and looks lovely in it. She took and kept some jeans, riding boots, pumps, and a few dresses. So my question: What is age appropriate and what is ageless?

Your daughter is damn lucky to have such an awesome fashionable mom.

Thanks. :smile: I am damn lucky to have such an awesome daughter.

My daughter is having a tough day today. She is with my parents for a vacation and my mom (even after a talk with her ahead of time) had all kinds of junk food that my daughter struggles to avoid binging on. I gave my daughter permission to throw the rest of it away and had a firm talk with my father (he can pass it on to my mom, they are both deaf but he is easier to talk to because he listens). Daughter called crying after eating a pint of non-dairy ice cream and six gf brownies. "I didn't even want them and I ate them and now I'm going to be fat". I don't know what to say to her except for her to forgive herself and don't let it get her down, and move on to better choices. I asked my dad to take her hiking. My heart hurts for her and I wish I could do more to help her. This is (sadly) typical of my mother, even when doctors and nutritionists say eat this way and daughter comes with a list of food - mom puts goodies in front of the kids. They gain weight every time they visit her. It is freaking amazing I was more or less a normal weight growing up. Probably it was only because I was very active.
  • marissafit06
    Options
    I just walked by the local high school on my lunch break. Confession: so glad I'm years beyond high school. Question: did high school aged girls always look like hookers? The amazingly short shorts with crop tops/sport bras! Holy *kitten*-child, Batman!

are you serious ? calling young girls *kitten* and hookers?sexualizing them ...how nice

geezus

Amen. And I agree about clothes, heck some things that 10yo girls wear make me shake my head sometimes.

Sometimes I wonder if their parents know how they're dressing. I've heard of kids wearing one outfit leaving home and changing at school.

I would do that in high school. Change in the back of the bus. But I don't remember it being that extreme. I had a catsuit that I would wear under ripped jeans (oh, the 90's!). My mom hated that catsuit. LOL

As well she should have. Really, a catsuit?! I think we all need to see pictures.

I don't think I have any. It was long-sleeved and flowered and zipped up the back. The cloth would show through the rips in the jeans. I thought I was pretty awesome in that. Wish I had the body I had then.

ETA: I feel like I should add this from Wikipedia: A catsuit is a close-fitting one-piece garment that covers the torso and the legs, and frequently the arms.[1] They are usually made from stretchable material, such as lycra, chiffon, spandex.

How did you use the restroom while wearing this thing?! This is why women go to restroom in pairs. :smiley:

I'm all about the jumpsuits right now and to pee, you have to undress to the waist and kind of sling it over one arm...let's just say I won't be wearing them to any festivals this year with any kind of port-o-potties because they are exceedingly difficult to keep off the floor.

Also, on the clothing note, I grew up in that part of the 90s where crop tops AND low-rise jeans were in style at the same time, so I'm just relieved that at least the trend now seems to be high-rise bottoms with the crop tops so you only see the upper half of the stomach. Way cuter.

I remember how bad I wanted a pair of low rise Levi's when their "belly button" commercials came out. Remember those?

Definitely! I also had a pair of super-low-rise jeans that had a LACE UP fly instead of a zipper or buttons...klassy klassy klassy. Looking back I cannot believe my mother let me out of the house in them as I think you could see my hipbones above the waistband. I definitely wore those to school though...

I had a pair of pants like that too. LOVED them. Christina Aguilera wore pants in a couple videos that laced up on the hips, and I wanted a pair so bad!

ETA: Although the fashion may be different, I suppose teenage girls are the same lol.

Right? I see them around and I'm mostly just relieved that there aren't visible g-strings like when I was their age. The leggings and crop tops are not nearly as offensive or revealing, thankfully. And I love that lots of very loose, flowy tops and dresses are trendy now. Way better than those painted-on ultra low-rise jeans and tube tops I loved...not to mention the platforms and huge wedge heels. I had a pair of six-inch wedge sandals that laced up my calves too about fifteen years ago...eesh. Ooh, and the huge chunky highlights on the flatironed hair.

I'm not even 30 yet so it's a little early for pearl-clutching but I seriously think teenagers today don't look nearly as, uh, trashy as my high school classmates did.

I remember girls used to pull their thong up on purpose so it was showing and the Head Teacher called a girls assembly in school to stop it from happening.

Ps. When I'm on this board I find myself constantly questioning if I should Americanize words cos a lot of you are from there. I've thought this about Mum/Mom, sunbeds/tanning beds, Head teacher/Principal, bum/butt, *kitten*/*kitten* and I'm sure there's more... B)

I have a friend who got very irritated when I told him that every time he mentioned his "jumper," I was picturing him wearing one of these:

Nice.

I have to admit I had some of those jeans with the fold down button fly. I believe they were even acid wash with ankle zippers. I also, I'm sad to admit, had a pair of low rise skintight jeans that had no pockets but did have a huge attached faux belt. I wore these AFTER I had my daughter and I thought I looked hot. I looked ridiculous.

I'm 44 and my daughter is 16. We are just about exactly the same size (she's a bit more slender and a bit taller but same clothing and shoe size. We have different coloring and face shapes but people instantly know she's my daughter.) We very often look at each other in the morning and realize that we're matchy matchy. For example a blue knit v neck top, jeans, boots and hair in a ponytail. It makes me laugh and makes her stomp off to change. She's fairly conservative and classic in her dress and dresses up often. My work is often in a lab so jeans are often fine. I tell her that either I have good taste or she has horrible taste in clothes. She wears a summer dress that I bought 22 years ago and looks lovely in it. She took and kept some jeans, riding boots, pumps, and a few dresses. So my question: What is age appropriate and what is ageless?

I think sometimes its not just about the item of clothing but how it is worn - the accessories etc, or how clingy/revealing the item might be on the individual. Even if you and your daughter wore the same outfit, the difference in body type might make all the difference.

I would say super short shorts might not be age appropriate at a certain age. But something like a pencil skirt is ageless.
  • nonoelmo
    Options

geezus

Nice.

I think sometimes its not just about the item of clothing but how it is worn - the accessories etc, or how clingy/revealing the item might be on the individual. Even if you and your daughter wore the same outfit, the difference in body type might make all the difference.

I would say super short shorts might not be age appropriate at a certain age. But something like a pencil skirt is ageless.

That I agree with. The dress I mentioned, it is perfect on her but would be weird on me now (larger cup size, etc.) She borrows my clothes but it is very rare that I borrow hers.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I am officially at my goal weight as of today. I think that I would like to try putting on muscle and getting back up about 5-8 lbs.

Good stuff!! :#
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Speaking of fur babies... wonder how @Italian_Buju 's little fellow is doing?

Oh hey thanks for asking....he is actually exactly the same....I am surprised he is still alive to be honest, I feel like he is not eating at all anymore.....he is refusing even treats and his food bowl never seems to go down, but he is still there....I hate going to work now because I am scared every time I come home he is gonna be gone....I am trying to spend as much time with him as possible.....

When I go out other than work, I try and stop home as often as possible and check on him.....I hate being gone 9+ hours at once while working, it is really worrisome. I am so touched that someone asked, lol, I just have had no online time at all this week and it is nice to know that I was not forgotten about.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I've seriously been considering letting MFP go again. My willpower is nearly gone and I've gone back to my old habits. I've got a 91 day streak but it's pretty much due to this thread...sigh.

I've also had my nephew over today for a trip to the zoo and play date with my daughter, I have to say it was a rather interesting day. He begged hubby, me, BIL, and SIL to let him stay overnight too. Long story short, they are both currently lying on the couch in the living room watching frozen, (probably asleep by now) and it's so freaking adorable! :smile:
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I'm more than likely going to binge on movie theater popcorn tonight D:

YUM! My favorite....I have been known to go to the theater on the odd occasion, to buy a bag of overpriced popcorn to bring home and eat while watching TV......
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Speaking of fur babies... wonder how @Italian_Buju 's little fellow is doing?

Oh hey thanks for asking....he is actually exactly the same....I am surprised he is still alive to be honest, I feel like he is not eating at all anymore.....he is refusing even treats and his food bowl never seems to go down, but he is still there....I hate going to work now because I am scared every time I come home he is gonna be gone....I am trying to spend as much time with him as possible.....

When I go out other than work, I try and stop home as often as possible and check on him.....I hate being gone 9+ hours at once while working, it is really worrisome. I am so touched that someone asked, lol, I just have had no online time at all this week and it is nice to know that I was not forgotten about.

I don't comment as I don't know what to say but you and your little fella are thought of often. :smile:
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I've seriously been considering letting MFP go again. My willpower is nearly gone and I've gone back to my old habits. I've got a 91 day streak but it's pretty much due to this thread...sigh.

I've also had my nephew over today for a trip to the zoo and play date with my daughter, I have to say it was a rather interesting day. He begged hubby, me, BIL, and SIL to let him stay overnight too. Long story short, they are both currently lying on the couch in the living room watching frozen, (probably asleep by now) and it's so freaking adorable! :smile:

Try logging in what you eat for breakfast in the morning. Just to see if it makes you want to out more care back into yourself. I fall off the wagon often. Currently redoing my battle with being under 179 instead of over. After like two weeks of logging again I think I have finally gotten over the mark for good.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »

Try logging in what you eat for breakfast in the morning. Just to see if it makes you want to out more care back into yourself. I fall off the wagon often. Currently redoing my battle with being under 179 instead of over. After like two weeks of logging again I think I have finally gotten over the mark for good.

I'll have to try that. I already know tomorrow will be an "over" day, BIL is cooking ribs tomorrow for dinner and basically the whole family is coming over to eat. I think breakfast and dinner may be on the lighter side to hopefully offset some of it...
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Please help me settle a debate.

What is a normal number of eggs for one person to consumer in a week? Let's imagine this person eats meat, but not necessarily every day, and not big portions of it. This person happily consume plenty of wholegrains, fruit and veg, dairy (and too much sugar but never mind that).

So normal number of eggs in a week?

I'd ask in the normal forums, but I don't want my face ripped off by the 'eat all the protein carbs are evil' mob. (Not having a dig at you low-carbers, just at the way some people harp on about it!)

I eat about 9-12 eggs a week......I eat three on 'brunch' mornings and maybe another few in a salad etc throughout the week.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I'm scared of sounding a little bit silly here... but I wanted to feel really good about myself, so a few weeks back I ordered a corset. It came today and I put it on and I'm LOVING IT. I actually feel kind of sexy in this thing!! This is a little embarrassing... :lol:

Not silly or embarrassing! That's awesome!

How is your fur baby? Any news from the vet yet?

Thanks for asking, and I meant to update everyone yesterday. It is not a fatty growth, which means probably cancer. It will cost $500 - $800 to get it removed and biopsied. We love her, but that's a lot of money for us. Going to keep an eye on it, and if it gets bigger then we will have to have it removed. At this point it doesn't seem to be bothering her though.

I am hoping the best for you and your fur baby!! <3
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    i've caught up on this thread. which means i have 90 minutes to waste until i can leave. i hate it when i have to work Fridays. and i am now boredom eating :(

I wish I was caught up, lol. I feel like I have been reading off and on all night and now I must go to bed. I still have 20 pages to catch up on tomorrow. TWENTY PAGES!!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I've been extremely, extremely depressed today. I've only gotten out of bed to pray my five daily prayers and then got right back into it to cry and sleep and cry and sleep some more. I figured that if I slept long enough, I might not wake up again. Didn't quite work, as you can see. *sigh*

On a related confession, I feel so guilty that I can suffer from severe depression when I have such a wonderful life. A wonderful husband, a beautiful apartment, everything I need or want at my fingertips. So many people have nothing and so many people want to live, so what right do I have to want to die? Also, what in the world is so wrong with me that I would feel this way when my life is almost perfect, especially when compared to my childhood? One of the supreme mysteries of the universe. :-/

I can relate to all of this. :( I am so sorry. I wish I could help you or at least give you a hug. This mad me cry.

Make sure you talk to someone/get help. I don't want you to have to suffer.

As a teen I actually tried to kill myself (pills). Please don't let yourself get to that point. Please feel free to vent whenever you need to!

I'm sorry for making you cry. :( My husband is always there for me to talk to, but I have to admit that I'm too cowardly to seek any sort of professional help.

I've wanted to die for a good long time, but I've never been suicidal--just hoping it'll happen by itself, I guess? :-/

Thank you ALL for your responses and for just being here. :)
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I have to confess I don't own a single thong/g-string. I don't find them comfortable at all. To be fair I think I need to go shopping for some sexier underwear. Mine are all polka dots and boy shorts :|

Lol I'm the opposite. I started wearing thongs in like 6th grade cause it was the cool thing to do, and I've just been wearing them since