Pervy Trainer

Replies

• ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    DavPul wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »

I have 2 men in my life who can't remember from day to day where their keys are I assume most men don't really remember stuff that isn't important to them...

you think this about men in general, really? people don't remember stuff that's important to them, i don't know why you singled men out. also this is the kind of thing that should be important to him if he wants to stay employed

Probably one man she knew forgot something one time and it reflected badly on all men

It reflects poorly on men, we should remove their equipment.

wow...I think people in general don't remember stuff that isn't important to them no...I just happen to have 2 men in my home...

I have 2 men in my life who can't remember from day to day where their keys are I assume most men don't really remember stuff that isn't important to them...

you think this about men in general, really? people don't remember stuff that's important to them, i don't know why you singled men out. also this is the kind of thing that should be important to him if he wants to stay employed

Probably one man she knew forgot something one time and it reflected badly on all men

If that were the case I wouldn't be married...did you all read my original response...or did you "forget it" already....haha

Methinks the tiger there was pointing out the hypocrisy in tomatoey's comment considering that particular poster feels that one trainer's bad behavior reflects poorly on all trainers forever and ever amen, whilst at the same time the same poster lectures you on your comment that generalizes men in the same manner that they themselves have generalized the conduct of trainers.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    ZoeLifts wrote: »

wow...I think people in general don't remember stuff that isn't important to them no...I just happen to have 2 men in my home...

If that were the case I wouldn't be married...did you all read my original response...or did you "forget it" already....haha

Methinks the tiger there was pointing out the hypocrisy in tomatoey's comment considering that particular poster feels that one trainer's bad behavior reflects poorly on all trainers forever and ever amen, whilst at the same time the same poster lectures you on your comment that generalizes men in the same manner that they themselves have generalized the conduct of trainers.

ah I didn't see the sarcasm font...and my radar is down today...thx
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member

ah I didn't see the sarcasm font...and my radar is down today...thx

No problem.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member

oh for crying out loud - there's no hypocrisy there at all. an idiot is an idiot all on his own. obviously. when he is being an idiot in a professional capacity, and the whole profession already has a so-so rep for tolerating idiots, and qualifying idiots with mail-in certifications of varying value, yes the idiot's behaviour contributes to the already uncharitable perception of that profession among people who hear about it.

are there amazing trainers who take athletes to the next level, or make a huge difference to the quality of life and confidence of previously sedentary people, and help people make the most of their physical lives? absolutely, and they are done a disservice when someone else who calls themselves a trainer does crap like this.
  • blue736
    blue736 Posts: 69 Member
    It's a simple answer get a female trainer.. ALSO NO TRAINER SHOULD BE STANDING BEHIND WHEN PERFORMING A SQUAT UNLESS THE WEIGHT IS HEAVY, he/she can see better form from the side..I say dumb him.ENDOFF.why waste money on people like that when u can do better without them.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    blue736 wrote: »
    It's a simple answer get a female trainer.. ALSO NO TRAINER SHOULD BE STANDING BEHIND WHEN PERFORMING A SQUAT UNLESS THE WEIGHT IS HEAVY, he/she can see better form from the side..I say dumb him.ENDOFF.why waste money on people like that when u can do better without them.

Wut even is this nonsense?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    It also makes trainers look bad.

No it don't
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    It also makes trainers look bad.
    Nah. It makes that trainer one to be aware of. It's no different than a spin instructor who yells crazily while spinning hard or a BodyPump instructor "whoop, whoops" throughout the workout. Like any other career job, people have their own personalities.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I don't know if you guys are aware, but gym-based trainers have a rep for being unprofessional in various ways (e.g. being sales-driven; using out-of-date / ineffective protocols, especially for women; and some of them are kind of douchey, that's where I'd put this trainer). Obviously, that sucks for those who aren't like that.
    Fully aware. Sometimes people stereotype ALL trainers. Luckily for me I have a great reputation and don't get the backlash that some trainers do. People aren't dumb. They will be able to spot a good trainer.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    My "you rock" recognition to a client.......................a simple fist bump.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    The staring may just be him watching your form. It's pretty common if your training or spotting someone for squats, to stand fairly close behind them and watch, and possibly touch them/help them as and when needed.

The *kitten*-slapping though, he needs to stop if it's making you feel uncomfortable. Yes, it *may* just be totally innocent and him not realising, but a decent person will respect your boundaries and stop/apologise as soon as you tell them how you feel. I probably would've got rid of him a while back, it's just not appropriate IMO to be doing that in the first place. You do say other than that he's a good trainer, and it's your call if you decide to keep paying him, so maybe explain again. Spell it out: you feel uncomfortable, and if he continues you will stop employing him and find someone else. Be firm and confident and he should understand. If he doesn't, he's a perv, you need to get rid and potentially report him. TBH he'd be very fortunate to even get a second chance after ignoring your wishes before.
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    My trainers touch me all the time -BUT it's always with a purpose such as to correct form and it feels like clinical touching (like at the doctor) not "friendly" or sexual touching. If my trainer slapped my *kitten* I wouldn't go back. There are other trainers and other gyms. I had a coach when I was in my early 20s that crossed the line and that was very uncomfortable because of the age difference and power differential. I had to get my parents to help me through that situation. With a trainer the power differential should be in the other direction since you are a paying customer, right? Personally I'd get the hell out of there.
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    You've told him you don't like being slapped. He has done it again. I would talk to his manager (or equivalent). If you remain silent the trainer will think it's all ok.
  • blue736
    blue736 Posts: 69 Member

NONSENCE... So it's ok for a male trainer to slapp her *** DUMP HIM NO SECOND CHANCES HERE.
  • DavPul

NONSENCE... So it's ok for a male trainer to slapp her *** DUMP HIM NO SECOND CHANCES HERE.

r u okay?

it-s-not-your-fault-o.gif
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member

Excellent job of moving the goal posts there. It's not even remotely what he said, because it's not something you even mentioned in the first place.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    JSE81 wrote: »
    JSE81 wrote: »
    I wish I had a female trainer to slap me on the *kitten* everytime I squat.

what if that female trainer was not what you considered "good looking" would you wish for it then?

Wouldn't matter to me. Not offended in the slightest.

[/quote]

LOL. I'll remember that on our next walk.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    You have asked him not to touch you in a way rhat has no relevance to form or training and he continues to do it. Forget your husband, it's disrespectful to YOU. It doesn't matter if another man got there first, he has no business treating you that way without your enthusiastic consent.
    If you need a script on how to handle it...

"I can't continue training with you. I have told you not to pat my butt and have ignored my wishes. This is not only rude, but incredibly unprofessional and a form of harassment. I want a refund for whatever sessions I have left and I will be taking my business elsewhere. I will also be filing a complaint and hope I'm the only one this has happened to, for the gyms sake, because I'd hate for them to lose a court case because of your unacceptable behavior."

Then follow through with the refund and formal complaint to management/owners. Give reviews of him online.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    You pay for training. If this trainer is not what you expect or helping you, talk to the gym for another trainer.
  • rasheedahj
    rasheedahj Posts: 12 Member
    Sometimes its a slap but sometimes there is a linger and a squeeze. I intend to mention it again and see where it gets me. Its an awkward conversation. I dont want to seem as if im overreacting or making something out of nothing. I just dont want him doing it.
  • DavPul
    rasheedahj wrote: »
    Sometimes its a slap but sometimes there is a linger and a squeeze. I intend to mention it again and see where it gets me. Its an awkward conversation. I dont want to seem as if im overreacting or making something out of nothing. I just dont want him doing it.

You're killing me here. Stop apologizing for standing up for yourself. No one gets to touch you that you don't wish to touch you. Period.

It's not an awkward conversation. Because it's not a conversation. It's a goddamn command. Keep your hands off my *kitten*. Done and done. If he can't abide by that, he's fired. Reported to management. Punched in the damn mouth. Whatever. I'm good with all outcomes. He had an opportunity to back down. He did not back down. So whatever happens next is on him.