Mom's and Dad's looking for support

Options

Replies

• tonedby46
    tonedby46 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Today iv cutting grass we have 2 1/2 acres, garden takes up some of it. It's a good workout there's parts we have to use a push mower so that's what I'm doing today. Getting what I can before it rains again, getting tried of rain lol.
    Planted my rose bush today and need to take daughter to work this weekend. She works all weekend. My girls last day of school is Tuesday.
  • ronronronj
    ronronronj Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday morning, everyone! I am up early, working at home. The weekend was OK, and I think I kept it from getting out of control.
    tonedby46 wrote: »
    Today iv cutting grass we have 2 1/2 acres, garden takes up some of it. It's a good workout there's parts we have to use a push mower so that's what I'm doing today. Getting what I can before it rains again, getting tried of rain lol.
    Planted my rose bush today and need to take daughter to work this weekend. She works all weekend. My girls last day of school is Tuesday.

I am hoping to give my lawn some attention today as well. Your kids are out of school already? Mine have three more weeks!
  • price0909
    price0909 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    jorinya wrote: »
    price0909 wrote: »
    Really enjoy reading your posts, this is what I need!

Worked all day, drove in the car for what seems like hours to and from daycare and work ... I am missing the part in my story " still found time to work out"
    I have one boy almost 3. Work full time and an hour commute both ways! Got to get up earlier, and could use some new friends for motivation! Add me too please :0)

Great to find a post on here with nice people. Seems like everyone on this site is ready to attack!

I think those that are attacking are jealous. One of those attackers decided to go into my diary, which I though was on friends only and start attacking me in public forums, not knowing the circumstances behind my choice, then called my doctor an idioy., as if she knows more than he does. I went onto another post to give help to the op and this same person followed me and started saying my advise was useless and told everyone about my diet. Turns out she actually had gained 40lbs. I was laughing. So you see, those that attack probably are either gaining back what they have lost or just hungry. That or they are jealous of your results, knowing they don't have the discipline to do it themselves.

You are probably right.. I am sorry that happened to you. Are there moderators on here that you can contact when someone like that is around? I just don't understand why people are so mean!! We are all here for somewhat of the same reason, and mostly SUPPORT each other. If you dont have something nice to say then dont say anything at all!
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    price0909 wrote: »
    You are probably right.. I am sorry that happened to you. Are there moderators on here that you can contact when someone like that is around? I just don't understand why people are so mean!! We are all here for somewhat of the same reason, and mostly SUPPORT each other. If you dont have something nice to say then dont say anything at all!

There are but I just dealt with it myself by emailing the ringleader and asking what I did to them to deserve what they did to me. I almost quit but then I realised that there are some people watching my progress on here and if I quit then I'm failing them. You are right we are here to support each other. I have no one here in the real world. Don't get me wrong, I have a wonderful husband and four wonderful kids but that's it. I'm Irish, living in Nigeria and where I'm living there are no white people, I'm not racist btw my husband is Nigerian. It sucks being the only Irish in the village if you know what I mean. We're moving to a different estate where lots of people from my husband's workplace live so at least I'll have some people there. But for now I have no one. That's why I need MFP to support, motivate encourage and for me to do the same thing. I did it myself and only lost 4kg from January to March. From march to now I've gone from 91kg (200lbs) down to 78kg (171lbs). Thanks to the GOOD people of MFP!
  • ronronronj
    Options
    @jorinya you are an inspiration. Keep up the good work, and don't let the b*st*rds grind you down.
  • MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I am back form vacation and trying to get caught up on posts. Welcome to our newcomers. There is no bullying or attacking in here. Not that I have seen anyway. It's all about support and friendship. This is a difficult journey for some, which we have all been on or continue to be on.

Welcome! ;)
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    ronronronj wrote: »
    @jorinya you are an inspiration. Keep up the good work, and don't let the b*st*rds grind you down.

Funny that you said that @ronronronj because you are one of my inspirations. :*
  • tonedby46
    Options
    Happy Monday morning, everyone! I am up early, working at home. The weekend was OK, and I think I kept it from getting out of control.
    tonedby46 wrote: »

I am hoping to give my lawn some attention today as well. Your kids are out of school already? Mine have three more weeks!

My girls last day of school was today.
  • tonedby46
    Options
    Hey everyone. I am back form vacation and trying to get caught up on posts. Welcome to our newcomers. There is no bullying or attacking in here. Not that I have seen anyway. It's all about support and friendship. This is a difficult journey for some, which we have all been on or continue to be on.

Welcome! ;)

Welcome back Mike. I'm glad you had a great time, I read you not feeling well hope you feel better soon
  • tonedby46
    Options
    I like to say Thank you to Everyone for supporting me.
  • JLDRKSJ
    JLDRKSJ Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Welcome! ;)

Hi Mike, Welcome back
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Yeah. my kids got out almost 2 weeks ago now. But we start back up like the second week in august. It is crazy!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Boooo Hisssss on this strep throat I have. I pray my kids don't get it. I need to get healthy again so I can get back to exercising. I am going through withdrawal!
  • ronronronj
    Options
    Boooo Hisssss on this strep throat I have. I pray my kids don't get it. I need to get healthy again so I can get back to exercising. I am going through withdrawal!

Get well soon!
  • JLDRKSJ
    JLDRKSJ Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Hope you can kick this....quickly!!
  • ronronronj
    Options
    Hi everyone! It's a beautiful Sunday. This past week was not the best for me in terms of sticking to the calorie count as I had an office picnic. However, I seem to have shed everything from it. I mowed the lawn this morning and then weighed myself. It was a new low - 155.4 pounds! I'm debating whether or not to enter before I see if it is sustainable. We'll see what tomorrow looks like.

This evening we are meeting the in-laws as my FIL is playing a community band concert. My MIL wanted to know where we should eat afterwards, and my wife and I found an Uzbek restaurant on Yelp. Now I am wondering if I can enter anything Uzbek on MFP. Maybe I'll have to improvise.

One thing that often works for me is that my wife and I split entrees (or we get two entrees for three people) to cut the food intake, calorie count, and cost. This works well with Chinese restaurants but several others as well.

Have a great day!
  • MikePXstream
    Options

One thing that often works for me is that my wife and I split entrees (or we get two entrees for three people) to cut the food intake, calorie count, and cost. This works well with Chinese restaurants but several others as well.

Have a great day!

My wife and I will do this too. Saves on the budget, but so many restaraunts serve such huge portions, one serving is more than enough for two people. Good Job Ron. Keep up the good work!
  • ronronronj
    Options
    Hi everyone! I got an extra day to work at home because my employer took my office computer away for replacement. I get to start and finish earlier and get some exercise in (hopefully).

Last week did not turn out so badly. I am back on track for weight reduction, and I hit a new low today. My clothes feel like they are fitting better now that I am about 7-8 lbs. below where I started, and more than 10 pounds below my peak a few months ago.

Have a great day, everyone!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Hello everyone. Well, I'm another year older. I got 4.5 miles in with running club this evening. Still recovering from my illness. About 95% is how I feel. I weighed in at 176 this morning, about 8lbs down from 2 weeks ago. I'll wait until Saturday. Those are my official weigh in days. I hope you all had a great day. Chat more later.
  • ronronronj
    Options
    My wife and I got a last minute invite to a fancy dinner that took place last night, so I probably exceeded my normal caloric allowance. The wine and whiskey probably didn't help matters. I think I need a good walk this morning before it gets too hot.

There is some cookout for one of the kids this evening, so I will have to remember to be careful.
This discussion has been closed.