What do women really want in a guy?

Options

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Sorry don't have time to read it, but speaking for myself. I want someone who loves me absolutely unconditionally, and makes me feel like the most interesting and desirable person alive. No one wants a pushover, but it's a balance between being assertive, but never aggressive or pushy.

Being pretty to look at helps too. As long as that is combined with intelligence, confidence, charisma and love, lots of love.
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Copied the link and will now be using all the time:wink:
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    What do I want in a guy? For him to be my best friend. That pretty much says it all.
  • LeeKetty1176
    Options
    What do I want in a guy? For him to be my best friend. That pretty much says it all.

Sweet x
  • prettypain
    prettypain Posts: 90
    Options
    Carl, i didnt read it, im sorry. but i can tell you that every woman wants something different. i think we all would love to have that sweet, romantic guy who is respectful and conciderate of our feelings whose very existence seems to revolve around us!! BUT, lets face facts, how many guys out there are like that... The answer is>>>>>>>> NOT NEARLY ENOUGH!!!!!! however that being said, we also want glimpses of a bad boy who rides bike and is that tough,and over protective (in the right way) man that makes us feel like we will be safe from the worlds bull****.

this is of course all my opinion!!!
  • prettypain
    Options

Sweet x
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    You can tell most of the commenters here did not bother to read the article at all....lol
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Simple really.....To love my son.....To be my best friend....To be love me for me and not expect me to be someone else.....To take care of me and let me take care of them....a bit of romance.....to be kind....funny.....Money is not an object....I would rather be rich in love than rich in wealth and miserable with life....
  • Akiyah
    Akiyah Posts: 57
    Options
    If a man had the chance to marry a rich woman,he would, money is money and men want it just as much as women. I love a nice guy but no way do I want a pushover. I hate it when men are a bunch of p***ies. I love a man that can defend himself and knows how to respect the woman he is with and other women as well. A man should know how to defend his home and family. God forbid someone breaks into your home and the first to run is your man...a man like that need not come back. And as far as the women are concerned, we need to let our men be men!!!
  • prettypain
    Options
    Simple really.....To love my son.....To be my best friend....To be love me for me and not expect me to be someone else.....To take care of me and let me take care of them....a bit of romance.....to be kind....funny.....Money is not an object....I would rather be rich in love than rich in wealth and miserable with life....
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Like gillianpinder said, women want a man that will take care of their needs. To take care of their needs means he has to have money.

Sure, all women want romance and all of that other garbage, but what it all comes down to is money. You say you are happy if he just holds the door for you, remembers your birthday, takes you out for no special reason, etc. That is all bull. Sure, it's nice if the guy does that for you, and for those women who have a guy who does that and say they are happy with him......wouldn't you be happier if he had millions of dollars? Would you be happier with this guy as he is or would you be happier if this guy had boatloads of money? I think we all know the answer to that...

:angry:
    Sorry.... I don't know what your thing is about money... but I totally don't agree! I have always made more than the guys I have dated and I have no problem with that. I would rather be with someone who isn't rich, than with someone who is always at work making that money and has no time to spend with me!

And I don't know about anyone else... but romance and that other "garbage" you mentioned is exactly what I am looking for in a guy and do not think it is bull when a man acts like chivalry still exists and opens doors for me or decides takes me out for no special reason... I think it is nice when they do things on their own, instead of because we remind them or hint around to them...

Would hitting the lottery and being $200 million dollars richer make my life easier? Of course! But that isn't the most important thing to me in a relationship.
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Money....plain and simple, all women want the guy to have money. Ladies, don't argue or disagree, because you all know it's true. If you liked two guys, both were identical twin brothers, and both were trash collectors, and being identical twins, they had the same personalities, the same likes and dislikes, and were basically the same person, and they both wanted to marry you. You love them both and can't decide which one to marry....then, one of them hits the lottery for $200 million. Which one would you marry? If any woman who says she'd marry the brother who didn't hit the lottery, she is lying. We all know that women go after the money.

Wow, that's soooo not true for me. I make more money than most guys I know, so money is not an issue at all. You sound a little bitter, but there are lots of women out there who could care less.

OP, that's an age old question and I think women want just a few things. To be cherished, protected and lusted after! Not necessarily in that order.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    The heart wants what the heart wants, I guess. Everyone's different :smile:
  • LeeKetty1176
    Options
    Money....plain and simple, all women want the guy to have money. Ladies, don't argue or disagree, because you all know it's true. If you liked two guys, both were identical twin brothers, and both were trash collectors, and being identical twins, they had the same personalities, the same likes and dislikes, and were basically the same person, and they both wanted to marry you. You love them both and can't decide which one to marry....then, one of them hits the lottery for $200 million. Which one would you marry? If any woman who says she'd marry the brother who didn't hit the lottery, she is lying. We all know that women go after the money.

Wow, that's soooo not true for me. I make more money than most guys I know, so money is not an issue at all. You sound a little bitter, but there are lots of women out there who could care less.

OP, that's an age old question and I think women want just a few things. To be cherished, protected and lusted after! Not necessarily in that order.

so not someone who can do spider charts???? DAM
  • writtenINthestars
    Options

This is the most absurd thing I've ever read LOL

I could have plenty of money right now and have NO worries financially. AND BE BORED OUT OF MY MIND!

My husband excites me, loves me, comforts me and is the most genuine person I ever met. He doesn't make a ton of money but works hard and together we have it all.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I have to say that I had long forgotten this thread,was posted at a time where I didn`t like myself very much and was overall kind of dark.
    Thankfully due to time and friends here as well as in real life over the last few months that isn`t as much so anymore.
    I don`t believe for a moment that all woman just want someone with money,have found many amazing friends on here that take me for what and who I am and show love everyday even though will never meet in person.
  • writtenINthestars
    Options
    I have to say that I had long forgotten this thread,was posted at a time where I didn`t like myself very much and was overall kind of dark.
    Thankfully due to time and friends here as well as in real life over the last few months that isn`t as much so anymore.
    I don`t believe for a moment that all woman just want someone with money,have found many amazing friends on here that take me for what and who I am and show love everyday even though will never meet in person.

:smile: Cheers! :drinker:
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    Options

:heart:
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options

Personally, I couldn't care less about money. I have been on my own for quite a long time and am used to and *prefer* to take care of myself, financially anyway.

But the above holds true for me as well.. very simple but very true!