Options

Replies

• canadianchick11
    Options
    You look incredible! Great work! :smile:
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I was wondering this same thing. Why am I hanging on to my bigger clothes? I am now determined to toss them!

It's a good idea to hang on to skinny clothes though. Since I've lost 10 lbs, I am now able to fit into clothes I haven't worn in several years. Glad I kept them! =) Especially the "inspiration" outfit I had hanging where I could see it every day.
  • BMSkvara
    BMSkvara Posts: 7
    Options
    I was the same way with my old clothes. I cleaned out all my fat clothes and put them in piles. Then I moved them to bags. Next they were moved to my spare bedroom. I finally got them to the car and drove around for a week before I donated them, It was all mental. In the past I held on to them because I have yo-yo so much, but not this time. You will get rid of them when you are ready but. I can tell you that I felt so good when I drove away from Goodwill. Also it was a great tax write off.
  • ddalhoff
    ddalhoff Posts: 48
    Options
    You look great!!! How did you do it? Just started this. I weigh 215 and would like to be 140 again!
  • mhc90
    mhc90 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great!
    Definitely get rid of the clothes. Holding on to them leaves the door open that you may need them someday .
  • MommyofBoys
    MommyofBoys Posts: 75
    Options
    Look at all those compliments you pretty girl! I'm so happy for you. You should be so proud, what a great accomplishment! Oh and we need to get together soon! :heart:
  • mak_101
    mak_101 Posts: 28
    Options
    You look amazing! You should be so proud of yourself for the job you have done. I would definitely donate the clothes to a nonprofit...there is always a need somewhere in your community.:smile:
  • chollylops
    chollylops Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Totally agree - all my fat clothes have gone - I will not be using those again! I have kept my fat jeans though which I like to put on to remind me how far I have come so far!
    throw away (donate) your clothes NOW! One of the best ways to keep the weight off is to not have clothes to "grow" back in to!

Congrats on a fabulous job!
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    What a GREAT idea! I'd like to do that with my "outgrown" clothing! Freecycle... that's cute!
  • Growe190
    Growe190 Posts: 18
    Options
    Throw them away, or better burn them. Old clothes make easy to slip back into old habits. A few years ago I weighed 318 lbs, I started a diet and exercise program on New Year's Eve and by the middle of August I was down to 195 pounds, and felt great. That was the week I went on vacation. I still remember the 1st cookie (Mrs. Fields) I ate after 8 months of no sugar. I slid back into those fat clothes easy peasy, always planning on next week. Now it is my thin clothes that are bagged up and have been for 20 years. I started last year at 320 and slowly reduced to 302, 3 weeks ago, when I started MFP I am looking forward to breaking out those thinner clothes and getting rid of my current ones forever. Don't look back, just keep moving forward.
  • Abrasue
    Abrasue Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    dude!! you look SO good. skinny mini!! :D
  • lawdhelpme2
    lawdhelpme2 Posts: 149
    Options
    Great success!
  • haolegurl07
    haolegurl07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say you look AMAZING! Great job on all your hard work. Would love to hear how you did it! :) I'm starting out a lot higher than you did, but would like to eventually get to where you are.

Again, great job! :)

You should donate them. Like someone else said, I think it's all a mental thing. But not having them in the closet, will be a motivator to NEVER go back there again. Maybe keep your one favorite shirt/sweatshirt/whatever that you wore a lot as a reminder that you never want to be there again, and donate the rest :)
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Wow you look awesome. You really are an inspiration! Thanks!
  • purple_punk
    purple_punk Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    wow well done you look great! i'm 205 at the moment i cant even imagine being 135lbs lol
    as for your clothes i agree with the donation idea i think once i've got to 150lbs i would deffo give all my old clothes away :)
  • jujudot
    jujudot Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    AWESOME job!!!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I like the battered woman's shelter idea...that's a really nice thought. I'd add to keep one pair of jeans or pants and put them in the front of your closet to remind you of where you've been and where you'll NEVER be again:flowerforyou:
  • bethabeeg
    bethabeeg Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've taken t-shirts I liked from those days and made them into a quilt. I didn't want to throw things away either... I still have most of my pants but if you like some of them find a differnt use for them!
  • ajmz319
    ajmz319 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    you look beautiful!!!!! give those clothes to goodwill RIGHT NOW!!!! you have moved on and you are not going back!!!
  • slansdown
    slansdown Posts: 94
    Options
    one of the nicest things you could do is to give them to people who need them. People on here? good will? the people in Joplin who now have nothing?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!