Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I confess that I am addicted to chapstick. I carry it with me everywhere. I mention this because I just had a 2nd one bite the dust on me this week and I'm so glad I have a spare in my desk at work. It doesn't have to be the Chapstick brand. I will try all kinds and probably have 10 tubes at home. I bought myself some for my Christmas stocking last year.

Ooh! I got the best stuff! It came in a package I ordered from Amazon, even though I didn't order it. It says "Prickly Pear Moisturizing Lipcare" with SP 15. It is seriously THE BEST!!!

I don't think I've tried that one yet, I might have to check it out :)
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Guys!

I got a call to schedule an interview for a lab manager position at an awesome hospital! It's actually the hospital where my FIL has been for the last few weeks post-heart attack.

Weird fact: The two previous lab managers were fired after a terrible (potential shutdown kind of terrible) inspection. One of them was the mother of one of my current employees. Awkward.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    And I should add that I married into a Polish -ski last name that sounds pretty funny with my clearly-of-another-ethnicity first name, so my name is pretty weird now because I'm not from either of those cultures anyway.

My maiden name is a ski name. I kinda hated it when I was a kid but grew to love it. I (jokingly) tried to talk my husband into taking my name but he wanted no part of it. Also, my maiden name started with a W and was 10 letters long, my married name starts with an A and is 5 letters.

My maiden name started with a "Z", was long, and very difficult to spell. Not to mention I grew up during the time when all kids were organized alphabetically. I didn't even bother. Just went to the back of the room, back of the line, etc. My first marriage I got an "A" last name and kept that thing even after the divorce just to be moved to the front of the line already! Although as an adult it really didn't matter.

My last name is "Al-Hadhrami" (I don't particularly care if everyone in this thread can find me on facebook...I hardly use the thing anyway) and when my brother was in kindergarten he kept introducing himself as "Al-Harami", which means "The Thief". ;) So he was basically telling everyone, "My name is [name] The Thief!"
  • kecmw25
    Options
    Confession #2 of the day: Last Friday, I was chatting with one of the security guards and he told me it was his birthday. So I did what I thought was amusing and underestimated his age. He asked me if I was flirting with him and I was so embarrassed, I probably turned bright red. Now when I see him I try to be nice but not flirtatious but it still feels awkward.

2nd part of the confession, Monday when I asked him how his bday was, he told me he got to have cake and steak. Now I want cake and steak.

Well, is he cute???

Cute~ish? I guess, but I'm married and pretty happy about it.
  • kecmw25
    edited June 2015
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I confess that I have been putting off telling you all this good news but...

My son was awarded a scholarship from our state due to his disability that covers the cost of his private school (tried a few public schools but our state is scraping bottom in public schools and it was a horrible experience) and tutoring and therapies. The fact that as a single mom just starting a career (2 years now) I am able to see him get all the support he needs to be his best person - this is awesome! This can only be used for very specifically approved things but saves me so much money that I would have found somehow but now can use for other necessities as well. This is such a relief and completely unexpected.

Then I just got an email from a club I belong to (because my son loves this particular hobby) where all the guys in the club are making him a project of this hobby to have ready for him when he gets home (awwwwwwwww). He has about 70 grandpa's who have taken him in to their hearts in this club that has to do with model trains. :smile:

My daughter is doing very well with her food and mood and I've actually seen her laugh a few times today (she's interning with me so we have lots of together time.) One of my favorite bands (Cake) is going to be in town when I'm out of town and she is planning to go to the concert with her friends (she looked so smug about it I had to laugh).

MY (can you tell I"m smitten) SO booked us our haunted hotel room in a ghost town for our Halloween plans and he has already ordered his Dread Pirate Roberts costume. I guess I'd best get working on that Princess Buttercup wedding dress...

Today is a good day.

This is all great news!! Congrats for it all and even tho I don't really know you, I think you deserve all the good things that are coming your way!

[
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    Well, I have a not-so-confessiony confession (that sounded weird.). I've mentioned here before that I was writing a book on an amateur writing website (Wattpad). Today, I finally finished the book! I just posted the final chapter like... Fifteen minutes ago.

My husband refused to read it until it was fully complete (he hates incomplete things, whether they're books or series) but he wanted to read it when it was done. So, he read it today, and I was really nervous because he's usually reeeeally picky about the books he reads. He said that he enjoyed it and the plot was really unique! (very rare praise from him) I'm SO GIDDY RIGHT NOW. :D

I also got tons of feedback on how unique and original the storyline is from almost every single commenter, so now I feel all warm and fuzzy and special. ;) Yay me!

Congratulations! That's amazing. I love getting praise from my husband, it feels so good.

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Confession: I'm a bad friend. My best friend is moving into a new house in a couple weeks. She created an event thing on Facebook asking people to come help them move. I have no desire to help them. I hate moving myself, why would I want to move someone else? I'm also not overly fond of her family, or her husband and his family (who will be there). What makes me feel worse about my laziness is that she's 8 months pregnant and isn't able to do any of the moving/lifting. In my defense she will have (at least) her husband, 2 brothers-in-law, 1 sister-in- law (and her boyfriend), and most likely both sets of parents moving them. So... with 7-9 people helping, do I really need to be there? I feel terrible, but I still don't want to do it.

I never ask people to help me move. I hire movers. It's an awful job so why would I subject my friends and family to it ;)

This. Moving is the worst. I really think it's puts friends and family in a bad spot when you ask them...of course they don't WANT to help you! I hire movers, too.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    So today my husband comes home - he's currently on an away a week/home a week work schedule. Needless to say I'll be busy today trying to look like I've completely done ALL the jobs I planned to do when he was away, clean the house etc etc.

He's not a tyrant in any way, but because I'm not working at the moment, I think it's my job to do everything around the house so that he doesn't have to be concerned about it. I always feel like I need to have something to show for my free time - 'Look at this clean house!' or 'I did the garden!' or 'Here, I single handedly sanded and stained this big-@ss deck! Be pleased with me!'

Got any tips for others? Lol! I probably have to be the worst housewife ever, I seriously suck at it. :flushed:

ETA: It's to the point hubby calls me when he's headed home, just to give me a heads up to get dinner started and clean up. Usually he's an hour or so away, so then it's a mad scramble to make it look like I've actually done something. Sigh, I hope the doctors office is quick with an appointment, I piss myself off being like this. Ugh.

When my kids were younger, I tried this website http://www.flylady.net/. She sends you daily or weekly emails (your choice) with suggested chores, and she has some helpful starting tips and a suggested weekly schedule of what room to work on when in addition to general picking up and dishes. I found it helpful when my life was really hectic.

I just signed up for their emails because I am awwwwwful at working full time and being a mom and working out and keeping a tidy house. There, I said it.

I had done that long ago. I need to go back and see if she has any tips and tricks for us working moms. I still clean and dry out my sink at the end of the day so it shines!!
  • sam3790
    sam3790 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

sam3790 wrote: »
    First time posting. Hello everyone!
    I've done sooo may of these confessions, especially the ones that involve not actually tracking when I should or not tracking my weight unless I've lost.
    Mine is... I think I'm secretly trying to make my fiance fatter so I feel better. I always bring him cake and stuff from where I work and I get kinda irritated when he loses weight which makes me feel a little bad. He's at a healthy weight though and doesn't really need to lose, but it seems like guys lose it so much easier.. I'm also NOT anorexic and I think all those "pro-ana" sites are pretty horrible if people really have a problem and need help, but sometimes the "thinspiration" and tips for when you're hungry kinda help (although I'm not into the super boney look)

Welcome to the party!
    One of my exes was 6'7" and 180 lbs. I definitely tried to fatten him up. I only weighed 25 lbs less than him, and I'm 11" shorter!

Yeah he's 6'5' and I only weigh about 40 pounds less than him... it's rough. I'm gonna pull a "Mean Girls" and bring him weight gaining bars... yeeees, that will work.

• kecmw25
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    And I should add that I married into a Polish -ski last name that sounds pretty funny with my clearly-of-another-ethnicity first name, so my name is pretty weird now because I'm not from either of those cultures anyway.

My maiden name is a ski name. I kinda hated it when I was a kid but grew to love it. I (jokingly) tried to talk my husband into taking my name but he wanted no part of it. Also, my maiden name started with a W and was 10 letters long, my married name starts with an A and is 5 letters.

My maiden name started with a "Z", was long, and very difficult to spell. Not to mention I grew up during the time when all kids were organized alphabetically. I didn't even bother. Just went to the back of the room, back of the line, etc. My first marriage I got an "A" last name and kept that thing even after the divorce just to be moved to the front of the line already! Although as an adult it really didn't matter.

I think my married name gets mispronounced as much as my maiden name did but it is nice to be 1st even if it doesn't matter anymore.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I have to go get a cervical biopsy in a few minutes. I'm not looking forward to this.

Fingers crossed for good results!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I really love this thread. You guys have helped me through a pretty hard time, and I have seen you help so many other people through hard times as well. People on the internet can be awful, but they can also be great. Best thread ever.

Same here. This thread has affected my life in many ways. All good ways, which is why I struggle so much to keep up. But I have to accept that I cannot. I have to balance it out with real life, but I'll be here for as long as this thread exists!

Same for me too. I feel like I've really gotten to know some of you really well, especially when we did the real name thing. Several hundred pages back. I've learned a lot and am very grateful for all of you. Thanks for being so accepting and friendly. Never go away, okay?!

Is it too late for me to get in on that and tell everyone my name? Because I was just a lurker back then... I was just wondering about that yesterday!

Go for it. I was just a lurker then too. My name is Jody :)

Hi Jody!! If anyone missed it I'm Laura :)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I'm on my tablet and I accidentally clicked on page one of this rather than the next page. Then, since I was already there, I was curious what page my first post was on so I started looking. I found it pretty funny that a lot of the early meaner/judgmental posts have been flagged enough to be buried. Made me smile.
    Had to go back and look! I actually don't understand why there were so many abuse flags - because it said 'no judgement' and they were judging? (Also, I love that Colin Farrell gif!)
    Also, I'm Natalie.

Hi Natalie!! What a nice name!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I have to go get a cervical biopsy in a few minutes. I'm not looking forward to this.

Good luck! I spend my days dealing with those sorts of things after they leave the doc's office, so I can totally (try to) answer questions or concerns if you have them!

ETA: Occasionally I forget to put all the words in the sentance.

Can I tease you for editing this and not catching the spelling error? :wink: You know I love you, Countess, but I gotta tease you a little for that.

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I confess that I have been putting off telling you all this good news but...

My son was awarded a scholarship from our state due to his disability that covers the cost of his private school (tried a few public schools but our state is scraping bottom in public schools and it was a horrible experience) and tutoring and therapies. The fact that as a single mom just starting a career (2 years now) I am able to see him get all the support he needs to be his best person - this is awesome! This can only be used for very specifically approved things but saves me so much money that I would have found somehow but now can use for other necessities as well. This is such a relief and completely unexpected.

Then I just got an email from a club I belong to (because my son loves this particular hobby) where all the guys in the club are making him a project of this hobby to have ready for him when he gets home (awwwwwwwww). He has about 70 grandpa's who have taken him in to their hearts in this club that has to do with model trains. :smile:

My daughter is doing very well with her food and mood and I've actually seen her laugh a few times today (she's interning with me so we have lots of together time.) One of my favorite bands (Cake) is going to be in town when I'm out of town and she is planning to go to the concert with her friends (she looked so smug about it I had to laugh).

MY (can you tell I"m smitten) SO booked us our haunted hotel room in a ghost town for our Halloween plans and he has already ordered his Dread Pirate Roberts costume. I guess I'd best get working on that Princess Buttercup wedding dress...

Today is a good day.

Sounds like a good day indeed!
  • karenlwashburn
    karenlwashburn Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I don't like people talking to me, even saying hello, when I'm working out and by the end of the season I have about 6 neighbors bugging me per workout.. I look forward to cold weather so I have it as an excuse not to workout anymore. I had one guy last year every day show me how large his dog was getting it made me so mad as I was timing myself and didn't want to be bothered. My husband says I have "hang ups".
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I really love this thread. You guys have helped me through a pretty hard time, and I have seen you help so many other people through hard times as well. People on the internet can be awful, but they can also be great. Best thread ever.

Same here. This thread has affected my life in many ways. All good ways, which is why I struggle so much to keep up. But I have to accept that I cannot. I have to balance it out with real life, but I'll be here for as long as this thread exists!

Same for me too. I feel like I've really gotten to know some of you really well, especially when we did the real name thing. Several hundred pages back. I've learned a lot and am very grateful for all of you. Thanks for being so accepting and friendly. Never go away, okay?!

Is it too late for me to get in on that and tell everyone my name? Because I was just a lurker back then... I was just wondering about that yesterday!

Go for it. I was just a lurker then too. My name is Jody :)

Ooh, yay! I'm Sawsan. :) It's an Arabic name, and sounds nothing like Suzanne, which is what every non-Arab seems to call me. -_- It sounds like So-Sen (With a sssss sound, like in snake) and it means lily flower.

Can you tell that I was totally looking forward to sharing all that? :o

That's such a cute name!! Hi @nonoelmo we share the same name!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    My whole firm is doing a 5k at the end of the month and I HATE CARDIO. But I might do it for the "team building opportunity". I'm weighing my options here. Pros: team building exercise, opportunity to whup co-workers' butts at running. Cons: I HATE CARDIO, $65 sign up fee, I HATE CARDIO.

Also, I'm Erin. I don't like my name because there are no nicknames for it. :disappointed:

I like your name a lot! No nicknames for Laura either booooo
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I would be pissed, like I said in my last post, I would want to freak out.....

I have read a lot of the posts that say it is a deal breaker, and while some people feel that way, I do not always think it is that easy.

If it is some guy you have been with a few months or something, of course, get out right away. But if it is someone you have been with for many years and otherwise the relationship is good and this is not repeat behavior, IMO you really have to decide if it is something worth throwing the whole relationship out.

I know this might not be a popular opinion, but I do not believe the monogamy is natural for humans. Most animals are not monogamous. Even if you are doing your best to be monogamous, sometimes you become drawn to something you cannot control.

I am a firm believer that some people will always cheat, and some people may never, but given the right set of circumstances EVERYONE is capable of cheating. Ever see the movie Unfaithful? Perfect example.

Thanks. I appreciate it. This is the approach I'm taking. Like I said I haven't talked to him so I want to see what he has to say. I don't know if it's a good idea but as I've been going through things this week, I've been writing down thoughts/feelings. If he is open to listening, I want to share how it's affected me. Overall he has been great so this is a surprise. I'm not sure he realized how bad this really is. But then again, he was hiding it so maybe he does...

I have five free therapy sessions through work so I'm going to get his schedule and figure out when we are both free to go and make an appointment if he is willing. If not, I will give up.

I agree though. I think that monogamy is hard for a lot of people and probably not natural. However, I'd rather have someone admit to me that they aren't happy being with just me instead of going behind my back. If he is a man who wants to be in a relationship with me, I don't want to share and he will have to say no to temptation.

And yes, I've seen Unfaithful. That is a sad movie. :(

Also, I hope you are doing okay. I love the pictures of your rodent baby and I feel so bad for you. At least you know he had a good life with you!

I can't read books, stories, or watch movies like this, just makes me sick all over again. I do believe people can be monogamous, yes it's super hard and you have to work at it TOGETHER, but that is what COMMITMENT is. If you want to be in an open relationship, by all means do whatever floats your boat- but it's the lying and hiding things that are the problems. No good can come of it. My parents just celebrated their 31st wedding anniversary and I have no idea if either strayed nor do I want to know as it's their business but seeing as they're still very much in love and just how their relationship dynamic is I highly doubt either ever has. Again, monogamy is difficult but doable. I think saying we're not meant to be monogamous is a cop out personally, or giving people an excuse, but that's just my opinion!

Yep, this was essentially my position. Unless you have discussed allowing other options within the relationship from the beginning or when you need a change, cheating or hiding is not OK. If you are hiding it, you know its wrong.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I confess that I am addicted to chapstick. I carry it with me everywhere. I mention this because I just had a 2nd one bite the dust on me this week and I'm so glad I have a spare in my desk at work. It doesn't have to be the Chapstick brand. I will try all kinds and probably have 10 tubes at home. I bought myself some for my Christmas stocking last year.

Hello my name is Laura and I'm a Chapstick-aholic.