Please Share The Top 5 Things To Do To Lose Weight

Options

Replies

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    @nataliecatalie00 Since you're obviously far superior in your diet knowledge, perhaps you'd enlighten us dull fatties how "no animal products" and "smoothie every morning for breakfast" can make us all skinny.

And double cardio in the morning and at night. Jeebus, nobody got time for that.

Do you have time to watch television? Do you have time to eat? Do you have time to text and/or talk on the phone? Do you have time to read facebook and reply to all the notifications? No? Then I agree, you don't have time to exercise.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    @nataliecatalie00 Since you're obviously far superior in your diet knowledge, perhaps you'd enlighten us dull fatties how "no animal products" and "smoothie every morning for breakfast" can make us all skinny.

And double cardio in the morning and at night. Jeebus, nobody got time for that.

Ahaha. I did cardio once in the past 7 weeks so I definitely gots time for that. Or just don't wanna.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    ChantalGG wrote: »
    Really guys? That is boring. Enjoy your boring calorie deficit life style, but saying that isnt helpful to people starting out.

How about...

1. Cardio, sweat your butt off!
    2. Eat clean fresh fruit and veggies with every meal and snack
    3. skip the high calorie drinks and enjoy a clod glass of water with some lemon or other fruit in it instead
    4. get proper sleep so you have the energy to be more active, so you can burn more calories through out the day
    5. The best exercise is the kind that doesnt feel like exercise. So sports, dancing, hikng etc.

Might sound boring but is really all that is needed.

1- cardio is not needed for weight loss, although it can help create a deficit

2- clean? As opposed to what? Obviously you should rinse fresh produce before consuming, burnt have a feeling you meant organic, which again is not needed and may be too expensive for people.

3- diet drinks have no calories, or are low calorie. You can drink things other than water (which I find boring ironically lol).

4- less sleep can impact your energy and your health, but is not required for weight loss

5- best exercise is a very personalized opinion.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options

I didn't say I was superior, that's your perception. I've eaten 2500 to 3000 calories and lost and maintained weight with minimal exercise. A lot of people aren't willing to do that, and at first I was scared to do it as well but if your only eating natural plant based foods, when it comes down to it, you don't have to have a calorie deficit.

I have a couple 250+ lb vegetarian/vegan friends who would heavily disagree with that statement.
  • elphie754
    Options

I didn't say I was superior, that's your perception. I've eaten 2500 to 3000 calories and lost and maintained weight with minimal exercise. A lot of people aren't willing to do that, and at first I was scared to do it as well but if your only eating natural plant based foods, when it comes down to it, you don't have to have a calorie deficit.

Yes you do. Basic physics.

• nataliecatalie00
    nataliecatalie00 Posts: 24 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

I have a couple 250+ lb vegetarian/vegan friends who would heavily disagree with that statement.

Just because the are are vegan means there healthy. I'm talking about natural plant based foods...not from a package. If you eat foods such as fruit, veggies, nuts, and so on.
  • elphie754
    Options

Just because they are vegan means there healthy. I'm talking about natural plant based foods...not from a package. If you eat foods such as fruit, veggies, nuts, and such.

You can still over eat on those foods and gain weight.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

Just because they are vegan means there healthy. I'm talking about natural plant based foods...not from a package. If you eat foods such as fruit, veggies, nuts, and such.

So if you eat at a calorie surplus, but it's fruits/veggies/nuts "and such"...you won't gain weight?!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    i lost over 80lbs once just eating at a deficit. lol that doesnt work for me now that im older. On yes the food scale is very important, i need to find mine.
  • catgurl_reeree
    catgurl_reeree Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    1. Eat fats (gives energy, longer satisfaction, good for your skin)
    2. Drink hot water
    3. Eat unproccessed foods
    4. Bed early,up early
    5. Exercises that don't stress the body and focuses a lot on breathing (Tai Chi, walking, and yoga are great :)
    These are all the things that are working well for me! That as well as smaller normal portions :)
  • nataliecatalie00
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

You can still over eat on those foods and gain weight.

Have you tried it? for and extended period of time and truly 100%? It really does work.
  • nataliecatalie00
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

So if you eat at a calorie surplus, but it's fruits/veggies/nuts "and such"...you won't gain weight?!

Yup. And its not just a "I have good metabolism" because when I was in my teens I ate the typical weight loss diet of lean meat, yogurt, and some fruits and veggies with a calorie deficit and I was never over weight but I weighed more than I do now.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    wow this post got hostile quick lol
    ;)
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    What is a plant-based food? I'm confused.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    ChantalGG wrote: »
    wow this post got hostile quick lol
    ;)

*sigh* yeah...

latest?cb=20150201124742
  • nataliecatalie00
    Options
    I think it's time for this gif since we've obviously exited the land of basic science and entered the realm of....
    mgc.gif

You can say that all you want but you never actually know until you try. I thought it sounded absurd at first but instead of declaring it magic I actually tried it and it worked. I found out for myself.
  • elphie754
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Yup. And its not just a "I have good metabolism" because when I was in my teens I ate the typical weight loss diet of lean meat, yogurt, and some fruits and veggies with a calorie deficit and I was never over weight but I weighed more than I do now.

Just no. And no I will not try it because I am losing a decent amount of weight eating what I want (minus the foods I have anaphylactic reactions to). Why would I want to change that and end up gaining weight (which is what will happen if I eat excess calories, regardless of where those calories come from)?
This discussion has been closed.