Is Diet Coke actually Satan?

Replies

• mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    jemhh wrote: »
    Is it Satan? Nah, I don't think so. But I try not to drink it because when I do I sleepwalk and wake up my husband by blasting Stairway to Heaven. Damnedest thing.

But do you play Stairway to Heaven backwards is what we really need to know.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Oh for crying out loud. How can Diet Coke be Satan when everyone knows sugar is the devil?
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308408/why-aspartame-isnt-scary/p1

I drink of can of diet soda (not Diet Coke...I think it tastes like Satan) every night and it hasn't affected me a bit. It frees up calories for me to eat, but I still keep to a calorie deficit and lose weight.

Lol...my sister in law thinks Pepsi is the satan. She is a coke freak.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Oh for crying out loud. How can Diet Coke be Satan when everyone knows sugar is the devil?

hahaha..that's a good one. I'm borrowing that from now on.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Satan is a fictional character. Diet Coke is real. So no, it can't be Satan. (Also, scientific agreement on the harmlessness or neutrality of diet beverages on weightloss.)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308408/why-aspartame-isnt-scary/p1

I drink of can of diet soda (not Diet Coke...I think it tastes like Satan) every night and it hasn't affected me a bit. It frees up calories for me to eat, but I still keep to a calorie deficit and lose weight.

Lol...my sister in law thinks Pepsi is the satan. She is a coke freak.

When I drank full-sugared sodas, it was either Cherry Coke or Pepsi products. My dad's been drinking Diet Coke for almost 20 years and even back then I hated it, so when I switched to diet...Diet Pepsi and Diet Dr. Pepper 80% of the time. But I don't mind Coke Zero.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    mwyvr wrote: »
    randomtai wrote: »
    I drink Diet Coke, it does not make me want to eat more, nor does it make me want more sweets.

While that may be true for you it doesn't follow that's the same case for everyone a very small number of people.

FTFY
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Nope. Satan is a mythical figure appearing in the texts of the Abrahamic religions. Diet Coke is a soft drink.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    jemhh wrote: »
    Is it Satan? Nah, I don't think so. But I try not to drink it because when I do I sleepwalk and wake up my husband by blasting Stairway to Heaven. Damnedest thing.

But do you play Stairway to Heaven backwards is what we really need to know.

Backwards plus I get out a flashlight to create a laser show effect on the walls.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Nope. Satan is a mythical figure appearing in the texts of the Abrahamic religions. Diet Coke is a soft drink.
    Lies, Diet coke is pop.

• ibnfaqir
    ibnfaqir Posts: 139 Member
    over time it can change the composition of your gut flora. Recomposition takes years of abusive drinking and not being active.
  • senecarr
    shell1005 wrote: »
    senecarr wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Which joke to go with, "hail Satan" or agree and see who notices my shirt. Decisions, decisions.

Diet Coke =/= Coke Zero

lolz.
    So aspartame in one is satanic but holy in the other?
    Here, answers, scientific studies examined: http://examine.com/faq/is-diet-soda-bad-for-you.html

Coke Zero tastes yummilicious.

Diet Coke tastes like battery acid.

Facts.
    I like both, but then again my blood does melt objects just like the creatures in Aliens, so maybe I should cut back.
  • senecarr
    ibnfaqir wrote: »
    over time it can change the composition of your gut flora. Recomposition takes years of abusive drinking and not being active.
    All food will have some impact on your gut flora. That's just evolution of a microbiome. The fact that it changes isn't inherently good or bad.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Lies, Diet coke is pop.

Bahahah. I said soda to my kids the other day and they had zero idea what I was talking about. Ya, it's pop. haha
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Blake said that Milton was of Satan's party. Everyone knows Milton was a Pepsi man. Ergo, Diet Coke cannot be Satan.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    randomtai wrote: »
    I drink Diet Coke, it does not make me want to eat more, nor does it make me want more sweets.

While that may be true for you it doesn't follow that's the same case for everyone.

FTFY

FTFY.

Artificial sweeteners may increase weight gain or slowc weight loss in some individuals because poorer choices are made elsewhere in their diets, or because they become our remain addicted to sweetened foods and consume more such foods with caloric impact. Affect all? No, but for sure some.

As for physical impacts it's early days but sufficient research exists to warrant caution.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/health/artificial-sweeteners-linked-to-obesity-epidemic-scientists-say-1.2769196

• MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    I've been drinking 6-8 cans a day. Don't do coffee, and not tea when it's hot outside. It's my caffeine fix.

Follow my weight. You'll see how well I do. :)
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Typical family didn't actually read all the labels. Yes I was a diet soda person didn't matter if it was coke or pepsi. Then my daughter got her chemistry degree and does research. We have gone more organic and we don't touch any diet beverage or artificial sweetener.

If her research showed that then she should either publish it because it goes against a good 30+ years of research on the matter or, pardon me, you can use her degree as toilet paper.
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    Westboro would probably have an opinion on it if it were.

Could probably ask them.