THE UP3 EXISTS!! IT FINALLY ARRIVED!!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• jbrown2339
    jbrown2339 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    What I am most concerned about is that people have posted pics of their up3 activity reports which show active steps or detailed sleep stats showing the user cycling through sleep stages, when the band is laying motionless in a box or on a desk unworn. That just makes me question the validity of the sleep tracking altogether, or any of the other data.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yes, mine has a heart beat and sleep cycles while on the charger and in the box:

11230223_1012608672085105_1662017689029289238_n.jpg?oh=c0da22ce9070b5cf06c6f5b441f3e100&oe=55FF73AF
  • Cronniss
    Cronniss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That's one of the reasons I'm going with Polar. (I was going to go with the Loop, but have decided to go with the A300 instead.) It has a better sleep tracker, plus you can use the H7 monitor to help track your sleep as well.

Yes, that means wearing the HRM while sleeping...but I'll already be wearing the wrist tracker, so I don't see the HRM being too much more of an inconvenience.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    You mean like the elusive BodyMedia Core 2 unicorn of broken promises?

This. :cry:
  • laceyn18
    laceyn18 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have had the original UP, the UP24 and now I've had my UP3 for about 3 weeks. I was very happy with my previous bands but not impressed at all by the UP3. The clasp comes loose way too easy. When I try to put it in sleep mode I can tap away and nothing happens but several times I have brushed up against something and it goes to sleep mode. I have been thinking the step count /distance was way too low. Today I tested it. I ran 3.15 miles on the treadmill and my band showed 1.95 miles. It was off by 1.20!!! I don't expect it to be 100% but that's not even in the ballpark. From what I've read people have been much happier with the UP2 so maybe I'll give that a shot. This thing is crap.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    laceyn18 wrote: »
    I have had the original UP, the UP24 and now I've had my UP3 for about 3 weeks. I was very happy with my previous bands but not impressed at all by the UP3. The clasp comes loose way too easy. When I try to put it in sleep mode I can tap away and nothing happens but several times I have brushed up against something and it goes to sleep mode. I have been thinking the step count /distance was way too low. Today I tested it. I ran 3.15 miles on the treadmill and my band showed 1.95 miles. It was off by 1.20!!! I don't expect it to be 100% but that's not even in the ballpark. From what I've read people have been much happier with the UP2 so maybe I'll give that a shot. This thing is crap.

Switching from UP3 to UP2 won't fix any of your complaints. I had an UP and UP24, and I hate my UP2. It falls off at night, comes loose during the day, goes to sleep randomly (but is impossible to put into sleep mode—so I do that via the app), and barely vibrates—rendering the idle alert useless.

Calibrate to fix the mileage problem: https://jawbone.com/kb/articles/UP24gscalibrating.html
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    Alright guys, I have officially returned my Up3. It took Jawbone about 5 days to respond to my request for return instructions and an authorization number. I had to go to their Facebook and write several complaints before they finally responded. The item was delivered yesterday, but no sign yet of a refund. Their instructions said it could take 2 weeks, so I'll give them that. I have proof of delivery, so I'm not concerned.

The promised updates to unlock the technology in the band is not yet on the horizon. It's still going to happen "soon." Considering how "soon" delivery of the preorders was (mine was promised Dec. 22, happened April 22) I'm just not willing to wait and risk it never happening. The tide has turned strongly against Jawbone, judging from reviews and comments from customers on social media. It would not surprise me if they threw in the towel. I only hope that if they do, they don't drag my beloved BodyMedia down with them.

Jawbone would be so much better off working with the BodyMedia core and making it smaller and prettier and waterproof.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Alright guys, I have officially returned my Up3. It took Jawbone about 5 days to respond to my request for return instructions and an authorization number. I had to go to their Facebook and write several complaints before they finally responded. The item was delivered yesterday, but no sign yet of a refund. Their instructions said it could take 2 weeks, so I'll give them that. I have proof of delivery, so I'm not concerned.

The promised updates to unlock the technology in the band is not yet on the horizon. It's still going to happen "soon." Considering how "soon" delivery of the preorders was (mine was promised Dec. 22, happened April 22) I'm just not willing to wait and risk it never happening. The tide has turned strongly against Jawbone, judging from reviews and comments from customers on social media. It would not surprise me if they threw in the towel. I only hope that if they do, they don't drag my beloved BodyMedia down with them.

Jawbone would be so much better off working with the BodyMedia core and making it smaller and prettier and waterproof.

Sigh... this does not look well for BodyMedia... I agree they had the Core 2 all set, they could have just left well enough alone.
  • LepperMessiah1
    LepperMessiah1 Posts: 102 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Cronniss wrote: »
    That's one of the reasons I'm going with Polar. (I was going to go with the Loop, but have decided to go with the A300 instead.) It has a better sleep tracker, plus you can use the H7 monitor to help track your sleep as well.

Yes, that means wearing the HRM while sleeping...but I'll already be wearing the wrist tracker, so I don't see the HRM being too much more of an inconvenience.

I just got the Polar M400 GPS/HRM (with H7 strap)/fitness tracker (all for about the same price as the UP3, or a little less) a few days ago and so far I am extremely impressed. It hits all the metrics I want it to (sleep tracking, calorie burn, heart rate, speed, distance, steps, etc..) and does some things I didn't realize I would love as much as I do, like transmitting all my iPhone notifications to my wrist. Also, great battery life, no proprietary charging cables, awesome apps, and it's comfortable to wear. And it syncs to MyFitnessPal. My verdict: 9/10

p3dxlo6yhob2.png
    w41o0nlesski.png
    oo2kib3nnzpi.png
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

Sigh... this does not look well for BodyMedia... I agree they had the Core 2 all set, they could have just left well enough alone.

*kills self*
  • melodycindia
    melodycindia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Snugglesmacks are you still using the UP3? I previously had the Bodybugg for the past six years just got the UP3 and I'm not happy with it.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    Definitely not. I returned it long ago. I'm now speaking with my local Consumer Protection Agency about Jawbone's refusal to honor warranties on Bodymedia bands purchased in the past year. I would never dream of owning another Jawbone product. From the beginning, their practices and policies are borderline sketchy at best, definitely not customer-oriented, and their products suck. The Up3 never did do what they promised, even now, a year later.