Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Oh, I am such a bad mother! My son is in the middle of diploma exams - I checked the calendar a dozen times and wrote down that his last two exams are on Monday. Got a call from the school at 9.34 saying that he should be in an exam right now and that they'd let him in if he got there by 10.00. I hauled him out of bed and thrust the car keys in his hand. He should be able to get there on time. I'm shaking. How could I have messed up so badly? :'(
  • Coastalpath
    Coastalpath Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Hello all,

I've been lurking since page 1... wasn't planning to post was just enjoying the confessions. Then the thread went on, and on, and on, and I never felt it was the right opportunity to post anything. Just wanted to say that there are probably lots of us who enjoy this thread, who empathise, who find it interesting, who laugh and cry along with everyone else, and might not post a lot but thoroughly enjoyed it, and hopefully will continue to do so.

My confession (I feel the need to contribute at least once) is that I skipped breakfast today so I could go for a waffle and ice-cream for lunch and I also have a take-away curry for dinner tonight. I use CICO when it suits me!

I am in maintenance at the moment as I have started NROLFW and am enjoying eating all the foods now, but this is the first time I've had ice-cream for lunch and I have no regrets!

Quality first contribution!

(Not sure if I've messed the quote up here, but thank you :smile: )

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @MoHousdon Ahhh a new ring!? Yayy!! I bet he has awesome taste, I can't wait to see pictures if that's the route he goes :)
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    My confession is I have stretch marks literally ALL over my body. I have them on my boobs, stomach, thighs, and all over my back. Never pregnant, just formerly morbidly obese. I know stretch marks are normal but when they cover the majority of your body, it's a little overwhelming to accept that. I never took care of myself/my body as a teenager and unfortunately I can't do anything about the damage that has been done. What a great wish it would be to be able to go back in time and have a second chance with your body. I wish I knew then what I know now...but what can ya do? I am only 22 and I feel as if my body is just ruined. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin, it's honestly a very sad situation. You only get one body, and I messed mine up, there's no turning back really. As you can tell I have a lot of regrets. I also deal with loose skin but that's a whole other story on it's own. Hopefully at some point in my life I will feel better about my body and learn to accept it as who I am, but that hasn't happened yet.

Unfortunately, this is me as well. I do have some hope that the stretch marks will fade away and the skin will tighten up, because I'm only twenty. Twenty two isn't much older, so why give up hope? :)

SusieQ, I had no idea you were only 20!!! (Sorry if the 'only' sounds condescending, not intended. I am literally twice your age ;) ) Have you been married very long?

I guess she was from the 1994 in her handle...are you turning the big 2-1 this year?!

Duh. Hmmmm, it's interesting that I'm paid to detect stuff and I missed that big clue. I'm a dork.

This made me laugh forever, lol.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

Hello all,

I've been lurking since page 1... wasn't planning to post was just enjoying the confessions. Then the thread went on, and on, and on, and I never felt it was the right opportunity to post anything. Just wanted to say that there are probably lots of us who enjoy this thread, who empathise, who find it interesting, who laugh and cry along with everyone else, and might not post a lot but thoroughly enjoyed it, and hopefully will continue to do so.

My confession (I feel the need to contribute at least once) is that I skipped breakfast today so I could go for a waffle and ice-cream for lunch and I also have a take-away curry for dinner tonight. I use CICO when it suits me!

I am in maintenance at the moment as I have started NROLFW and am enjoying eating all the foods now, but this is the first time I've had ice-cream for lunch and I have no regrets!

Welcome, get used to missing things here and there- it's very easy in this thread :p
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession: I stayed up later than my husband last night because I needed to exercise. I had planned to go in and snuggle with him after, but when I got there the cat was in my spot and I ended up cuddling the cat instead while reading my book. Wife fail.

But kitty mama win!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    And so it begins... My dad and step-mother are taking me out for a birthday dinner tonight. I have started logging what I suspect I will be eating. Fried chicken. This place has the best fried chicken but the calories are off the charts. I have been doing really well for the past 70 day, not once over maintenance. I really don't want to blow it this weekend just because it is my birthday. I just don't see how I'll be able to resist.

I am seriously considering telling them I am too sick to go.

Meh. It's your birthday. I'd totally for it!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    If I had packed anything else to eat, this frickin' hard boiled egg that will not peel would be in the garbage right now! I confess I am irrationally angry at an inanimate object.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    If I had packed anything else to eat, this frickin' hard boiled egg that will not peel would be in the garbage right now! I confess I am irrationally angry at an inanimate object.

An ice bath after cooking can help with the peeling process. I understand the frustration. I hate it when the eggs don't peel right!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Fitness related confession: I attempted to do my HIIT workout last night, and by attempt, I mean, I made 2 rather pathetic rounds skipping some exercises as to not injure myself further. I think I actually DID injure myself further. My ankle was really swollen last night and my leg was really sore. I really hate that I got hurt so close to my vacation and I can't do a proper workout because of it.

Non-fitness related confession: My husband FINALLY messaged his daughter (actually, she messaged him after my request yesterday [small victory?]) and she is coming by Saturday because he told her he wants to talk to her in person. I am glad he finally did this and I hope he doesn't chicken out and lays down the law with her. I'm not sure if I will be present or not because I told my daughter I'd take her Father's Day shopping Saturday and I also have an eye appointment to get my trial contacts checked. A part of me wants to be there to support him, but a part of me knows me, and fears I might say something I'll regret. Not sure which part of me will win yet. Positive thoughts are appreciated.

On a related note, when I got home last night, I noticed her cat has managed to tear about a 4" hole in my carpet in the doorway of the room she's staying in. I was so irate that I started screaming at this stupid cat and telling her I hate her and she's got to leave. She didn't understand what I was saying and I am sure she didn't care because she proceeded to tear at the carpet once the door was closed again.

Unrelated but relevant to something I mentioned yesterday: I asked my husband about whether or not we're going to exchange anniversary presents and he said he thought we'd just do some shopping for each other while we're down there. I am on board with this idea especially since I already have an idea of what I want to buy him. He also mentioned that what he wanted to get me we couldn't afford but could make payments on it. I told him I didn't want any more payments and he said not even for a ring?! I love that man!

Sorry so long, but I had a lot to say.

tl;dr: I hurt myself working out, stepdaughter's supposed to talk to husband Saturday, and I may be getting a new ring. :smiley:

Sorry you hurt yourself more! I'm not even hurt that bad and it already sucks, so I can only imagine.

I hope your stepdaughter actually shows up on Saturday... and you figure out the cat situation.

Confession - going to try really hard to stay away from the sweets in the house today, but I'm allowing myself some instant pudding mix in my yogurt. Hoping I can keep a bigger deficit today to make up for yesterday. I just don't understand why some days moderation is so easy and some days I just want all the carbs. I just wish I knew for sure what kind of day it was going to be so I knew if it was safe to have a piece of chocolate or not...

I still don't really feel like eating anything so I had grilled chicken and veggies for lunch, and it was very boring.

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

An ice bath after cooking can help with the peeling process. I understand the frustration. I hate it when the eggs don't peel right!

And you gotta peel 'em right away! I never have any success if I leave them in the shell for any length of time.
  • Coastalpath
    Options
    Hello all,

No regrets! Often on the weekends, I don't eat breakfast because I know I'll eat a high calorie dinner and have cocktails. Welcome to the thread!

Thank you for the welcome :smile: that's good to know that you work in the higher calorie dinner and cocktails. Since I've brought my fitbit I realise I am more active and burn more calories than I thought, but even so, weekends seem to be another battle entirely. Foods seem so much more calorific on weekends! I am a volume eater, so definitely prefer a bigger dinner. Since taking up running and the strength training I see food more as fuel, and allow myself a lot more, so feel I am slowly getting a much healthier mindset. I have a lot less confessions these days because of it!

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Oh, I am such a bad mother! My son is in the middle of diploma exams - I checked the calendar a dozen times and wrote down that his last two exams are on Monday. Got a call from the school at 9.34 saying that he should be in an exam right now and that they'd let him in if he got there by 10.00. I hauled him out of bed and thrust the car keys in his hand. He should be able to get there on time. I'm shaking. How could I have messed up so badly? :'(
    And now I feel worse because my husband asked why I didn't drive him to school. I don't know why - I should have, I was just in such a panic I wasn't thinking straight.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    In the interest of staying on track on this thread...

Confession: I have gained 16 pounds since I started this job in November. Granted it's a desk job, and I came from a fairly active job where I was on my feet a lot. This morning I was down two pounds from my current highest weight. However, my MFP weight is still lower than where I am currently, so I can't log the loss. And that makes me a little sad. :'(

I have also been working SL 5X5s since November. I'm starting to feel strong! Last night I did 190 lbs on my squat, tried for 75 pounds on my OHP (but couldn't finish all my reps on the last set), and 215 on my deadlift. Lost my grip on the last deadlift. I think I need some deadlifting gloves to help my grip. I am going to be trying 120 pounds on my bench press tomorrow night, and 105 on my rows. I <3 lifting!

Does your workplace have standing desks available? Sometimes all you need to do is ask for one.

And WOW, that is fantastic work on your lifting! I love it when women lift. Strong is so beautiful!

I so wish we had standing desks! My cousin's work has 4 desks attached to treadmills and you can request to use them for the day. SO JEALOUS
    My sister has a treadmill desk at work too :s

No wonder I am almost always behind her on fitbit!
  • Coastalpath
    Options

Hello all,

Welcome, get used to missing things here and there- it's very easy in this thread :p

Thank you for the welcome :smile:
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    2 confessions for today: 1) Bulk Barn is Evil. I have no will power (stupid gummy frogs)

2) hubby asked me to iron his shorts. This time, however, the iron was too hot for the synthetic material and I kinda, slighly melted a tiny hole in them. I am not saying a word until he irons them. Then I can blame the hole on him :wink:

Iron SHORTS? Totally judging that. ;) hehe
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

No regrets! Often on the weekends, I don't eat breakfast because I know I'll eat a high calorie dinner and have cocktails. Welcome to the thread!

That's actually my weight loss "secret". I am not a morning person, and my stomach is on message, so I hardly ever eat breakfast. It gives me more room in the rest of my day, and I can eat a bigger meal during my starving time aka evening.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    We decided to have a little White Trash Date Night last night and went to Red Lobster. My husband and I both worked at the Olive Garden when we were nineteen or so, and occasionally we get cravings for those stupid cheese biscuits that cannot be denied (a souvenir of the illicit parking-lot trades we used to do with the RL servers: bags of breadsticks for bags of biscuits.)

I can't believe we still eat that garbage once a year, but it was kind of fun anyway. It feels like returning to 1995 every time you walk inside. And every drink on the drink menu is sweet and slushy. And everything comes frozen out of a bag and then fried. It's so bizarre! But the less said about the clientele, the better (because, uh, no judgement....but wow. I mean, I get that it's a terrible restaurant and all, but are your cartoon-themed pyjamas really the appropriate sartorial choice for being out in public? They look great with your trucker hat and stained, white-with-no-bra tank top though...)

Bizarro-world, man.

I love Red Lobster!!

I go there at least a few times a year, cuz those biscuits and their clam chowder is the best!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    And now I feel worse because my husband asked why I didn't drive him to school. I don't know why - I should have, I was just in such a panic I wasn't thinking straight.

Not judging, but if he's old enough to drive...why isn't he keeping his own exam schedule?
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

Ah I'm sorry I don't know how I missed that first post, I'm sorry @Tubbs216 you are not a bad mother, you are SUPER GREAT!