Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    And how many grams is 5 slices of ham?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If you have 50 to lose and you arent losing for a consistent period then you arent at a deficit.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    CBR500 wrote: »
    But I put it in as the same bread roll but I always weigh it and if it is room much I cut some off and don't use it..
    Same with ham.. Weigh it and take put what is over

You still haven't answered the question as to whether the entry you use has the correct information in it. Have you checked all your entries for accuracy?

How many grams is 5 slices of ham?

Ooooh, something like this will give us a good idea of accuracy-when you add those five slices of ham into the database, what is the exact weight (grams or whatever, unless it just says 'five slices') and how many calories does it tell you are in it?

I'm really intrigued :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    oke i just checked the usda site
    100 gram of honey cooked ham is 120 calories
    Now you have logged somewere 10 slices of ham for 120 calories

And i never believe that 10 slices of ham is 100 gram...it is wayyy more.
    err it would depend on the thickness of the ham.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    well if you look at her salt intake...which is wayyyyy low some days it tells you that this are not correct entrees

In my dreams that ham would be that low
    It is one of the reasons why i can only eat 1 slice at the time because there is so much salt in ham.

So that tells me she is having some wrong entrees right there.

Than the always same entrees like a bun or a cup of some sort. No logging on the 14th of June

So yeah she eats more than she logs for sure

But no problem we all started out this way and learned...as long as we excepted that we had to improve our logging. And create our deficit
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    Another thing all her veggies are salt less too. So i think maybe there is something wrong there too. Veggies have natural salt. Always
  • musicandarts
    musicandarts Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about macros. Weigh and log everything carefully. You also seem to eat a lot of processed food. Isn't it possible to make a healthy salad at home for dinner?

Also, you should try to exercise for 300-400 calories every day if you can. I can never lose weight by eating less.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    Don't worry about macros. Weigh and log everything carefully. You also seem to eat a lot of processed food. Isn't it possible to make a healthy salad at home for dinner?

Also, you should try to exercise for 300-400 calories every day if you can. I can never lose weight by eating less.

Even when she exercise She needs to know what she really eat in calories.
    So lets try to help her discover the right entrees.
  • CBR500
    CBR500 Posts: 67 Member
    Options

It's wafer thin ham not full slices.. It's what it says on the packet
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »

err it would depend on the thickness of the ham.

Sure enough...but do you really think that normal ( not labeled as thin) 10 slices of honey cooked ham is 120 calories..... and 200 mg of salt!!!!!!

• BWBTrish
    Options
    you didnt say before that it is thin labeled ;)

ok now salt how much salt is there in it?
    How much is one serving in grams?
  • CBR500
    Options
    I work 11 hours shifts as a nursery nurse so am on my feet all day and I don't add salt to anything and eat fresh vegetables.. And so your telling me the packet of ham is wrong? That's illegal in England so would a big company like tesco really get it that wrong?
  • CBR500
    Options
    Feeling very patronised.. I'm a 43 year old grown woman.. I can count and have good common sense.. Yet apparently I'm completely wrong.. Great.. Will just go to bed feeling like I have failed because I'm clearly stupid! Thanks for that!
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    If you're being that meticulous with weighing your food OP, I think it's time to see a doctor and get a blood panel done to make sure everything is ok. If you were in a deficit you'd have seen some downward movement on the scale almost 2 weeks in. Out of curiousity, how tall are you?
  • CBR500
    Options
    I'm 5 feet 4 inches tall and weigh 192lbs
  • CBR500
    Options
    jbc6vj0ha48p.jpg
  • CBR500
    Options
    That's the ham
  • CBR500
    Options
    I work 11 hour shifts with only one 30 min break.. I don't have time for much so that's why I take the roll with ham
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    well your very welcome!!
    I didnt patronize you at all

I tried to help and even looked it up on other sites

And YES the labels can be wrong, or the entrees in MFP can be wrong!

And yes they can indeed lie!
    And yes normal fresh veggies have salt!!!!!

I am salt less i add no salt to my food at all. Still fresh carrots contain salt fresh Cauliflower contains salt...all natural but they do.
    So when i see entrees of Tescos frozen or fresh veggies and there is no salt in mg there...than that entree ring some bells to me.

But even when you have a medical conditions ( which can make you lose weight slower) the science for you is also the same

You lose only weight when you eat in a deficit..so less than you burn!

You are not losing...so you make your own conclusion

I was friendly and try to help, but this is how far it goes by me. Good luck i am sure lots of people will have a lot of "solutuions" and options for you :)
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    CBR500 wrote: »
    I work 11 hour shifts with only one 30 min break.. I don't have time for much so that's why I take the roll with ham

I work 12h shifts too and sometimes get screwed for a break so I take simple meals too. Don't take the comments personally about the ham and the bread. The norm isn't to hear the person say they cut the excess weight off of food to meet the serving size weight. The norm is to hear the person say they just trust the serving size. I think you should see a dr. to rule out anything medical.