Things people do at the gym, that you hate.

Options
kwiet_storm
kwiet_storm Posts: 56 Member
Have you come across people who keep hogging the machine? Constantly playing on their phone. People who sweat a lot, leaving marks on the machine? Folks, share your experience..

Replies

• MShayne2414
    MShayne2414 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I can't stand when specifically guys try to over-lift in the gym to try and impress others. Definitely guys that sit next to you on the bench and try to match what you are lifting. DB Press for specifics.
  • zwoman916
    zwoman916 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When I still had time to go to the gym, I HATED people who wouldn't wipe down the machine!!!! I always brought my own towel just for that purpose. Working in is a foreign concept to some I suppose,.....
  • samjam2801
    samjam2801 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Grunters !!!
  • berndanddana
    berndanddana Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    People that don't follow proper hygiene
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,768 Member
    Options
    People who come to the gym to socialize. Talking is fine but if that's what you do 75% of the time you're there...
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    zwoman916 wrote: »
    When I still had time to go to the gym, I HATED people who wouldn't wipe down the machine!!!! I always brought my own towel just for that purpose. Working in is a foreign concept to some I suppose,.....

I hate this too, so gross. I wipe before and after now. One woman saw me wiping down the treadmill after she finished and questioned me. I told her that since she couldn't be bothered to do it and I didn't want to get her sweat on my iPad that I was doing it.

She wipes down her machines all the time now, at least when I'm there.
  • MShayne2414
    Options
    Old men that come to the gym to specifically hit on the younger gals. :s
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    When people talk on their phones around me. When people talk to other people around me. When people talk. F, I'm social.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Men or women who insist on wearing what smells like sex panther perfume. You're at the gym lady, not a brothel, go shower that *kitten* off, and also, thanks for the sinus headache.
  • katnroyal87
    katnroyal87 Posts: 8,789 Member
    Options
    I hate people who stare when your doing squats. It's like dude I can see you in the mirror.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Guys in the locker room who sit on the bench butt naked. I do not care if you just got out off the shower, put something under you! Also people who spread Bro science.
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,768 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Explain this bro science...bro.
  • kwiet_storm
    kwiet_storm Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Guys wearing tank tops, and constantly posing in the mirror. Some even take selfies :s
  • blueyellowhorse
    blueyellowhorse Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    guys who obviously stare at my boobs when I'm jogging on the treadmill...no I don't even show any cleavage, but you can't hide big boobs haha. I know guys will always stare and blah blah blah but it's just awkward... :# Like c'mon dude I'm just a girl trying to get fit.
  • MShayne2414
    Options
    People that slam/throw down free weights
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    When people stare you down for only doing a quick walking pace on the treadmill... Even if I'm on max incline, with a previous ankle injury. And I mean, the STARE DOWN OF DOOM. And there are plenty others free.
  • blueyellowhorse
    Options
    zwoman916 wrote: »

Yes, it's really gross. I understand that you are going to get sweaty, we all do, just please be considerate and hygienic. I don't think that's too much to ask for.
  • blueyellowhorse
    Options
    I hate it when people do things at the gym that in no way affect my life and I wouldn't even notice if I were minding my own business

Sometimes you do notice things people do even if you are minding your own business...