Restaurants/food you've had to say goodbye to.

Options

Replies

• onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    CoCoBean14 wrote: »
    Oreos, only because it's so hard for me to only eat the serving size (2 of the Double Stuf)

For me, it was discovering what is worth the calories and what isn't.
    Digorno Pizza, SO not worth it
    Peanut butter, absolutely worth it!

Digiorno Pizza is a big calorie waste in my opinion too.
  • onyxgirl17
    Options
    Something called Buenos Nachos. The nachos to end all nachos. Its a pile of nacho chips, taco beef, guacamole, refried beans, salsa, melted cheese, sour cream and green onions ( had them hold the black olives). It was an appetizer but it could take the place of 2 meals....and I used to EAT it as an appetizer. I LOVED it.

That sounds awesome
  • onyxgirl17
    Options
    I'm on a french fry sabbatical currently. I just can't control myself :(
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I haven't said goodbye to anything (ok except soda, alcohol and 400+ calorie coffee drinks) but my consumption of some things has decreased from a few times a month to once every few months... pastries, croissants, donuts, cupcakes, cake, pie, fries (only had cheese fries twice in 2.5 years), restaurant burgers, prime rib...

And yeah, 1000+ calories restaurant entrees, except maybe twice a year.
  • Lp_orozco19
    Lp_orozco19 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've had to cut out pretty much everything lol, but really don't miss anything except FLOUR TORTILLAS!!! I'm latin and oh goodness do I miss flour tortillas.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I said buh-bye to lots of restaurants cuz of the added salt. :/

And now my wallet is getting fatter. B)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    The list is so long, lol. I could list the first 500, but I'll just say, "A lot!"
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I've had to cut out pretty much everything lol, but really don't miss anything except FLOUR TORTILLAS!!! I'm latin and oh goodness do I miss flour tortillas.

Just yesterday, I was looking at my tortilla warmer and thinking, "I might as well put that in a closet somewhere," lol. It hasn't had any use in a very long time. :) I did push the tortilla maker to the back of it's cabinet. Had to make room for Tupperware to store all the frozen berries. :)
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Lots because not worth it for me (mostly due to crap ingredients or calorie-taste trade-off).
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Fast food fries. I used to LOVE them but now they make me feel really sick. Doesn't hold true for 'sit down' burger joint fries, though. I've really just gotten unaccustomed to anything fried and it makes me ill.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    DPernet wrote: »
    The list of places I no longer get food from is about what you would expect

Papa Johns
    McDonalds
    Burger King
    Subway
    Pizza Hut
    Dominoes
    Starbucks

etc etc etc

Except for subway and starbucks the rest of the places should be a no no regardless of if your trying to lose or gain weight...
  • TeriGardner1
    TeriGardner1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Denny's smothered fries. I gave them up a month ago and replaced them with fruit salad as a side dish with other foods I found I could have (in moderation of course). I really don't miss them, except when someone near me gets them and then I can smell the cheesy bacony goodness.
  • megansayssup
    megansayssup Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I very much miss my beloved Cosmic Brownies :( (especially the Christmas tree ones that are out during the holidays!)
  • sydneydeb
    sydneydeb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Poutine. 800 calories of yum. I'll still have one now and again - maybe twice a year - it always makes me sick (head spin, gut cramps).

Holy crap. I just googled to check. The small size I get (when I get) is 800 cals. It can be over 1400.

http://www.thestar.com/healthzone/diet & fitness/thedish/article/892278--the-dish-poutine-has-double-the-trouble-of-the-infamous-kfc-double

I had poutine when I was in Canada, seriously yum :smiley:
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like I've given anything up because I still eat junk food, but I've given up things that just weren't worth the calories.

I've stopped eating almost all restaurant food--partially to save money, partially because I saw the "cook" at my favorite diner buying frozen meals at a store that primarily sells to restaurants, partially because I realized that there are very few foods that are worth the calories to me at the places that list calorie counts.

I've stopped the Starbucks runs. Saved money, plus I actually prefer 2 cups of coffee + 1 cup of skim milk + a scoop of protein powder.

I've stopped buying block cheese that has more calories than part-skim mozzarella. Not worth it.

I gave up salad dressing in favor of salsa/pico de gallo. I prefer it now.

I don't eat baked goods that I didn't bake.

I don't drink cokes anymore--diet tastes bad and the regular isn't worth it.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    betuel75 wrote: »
    DPernet wrote: »
    The list of places I no longer get food from is about what you would expect

Papa Johns
    McDonalds
    Burger King
    Subway
    Pizza Hut
    Dominoes
    Starbucks

etc etc etc

Except for subway and starbucks the rest of the places should be a no no regardless of if your trying to lose or gain weight...

Why? And why do Subway and Starbucks get a pass?

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I know this is a necro thread but some of the comments in here make me sad! I can't imagine giving up French fries forever!

Sure I've learned to evaluate what I'm eating and make choices about whether I can fit it into my day or week but I have to say, 9 times out of 10 I can.

This week in particular I'm eating out more than usual due to some unscheduled activities, I've had Qdoba, Steak and Shake, and Dominos (normally I may have one of these in a week). I've still been under my calories and having really seen a hit from the sodium either.

Moderation people!

• RebeccaD22
    RebeccaD22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I don't really give up anything. I just adjust my calories accordingly. The only thing I can really say that is different besides eating less is that now when I go to Starbucks, I get everything with coconut milk. IT IS AMAZING AND I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO 2%!!!!!!

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Anything made by Hersheys*. It just wasn't worth it to me anymore, and I've found better chocolate.

*-Reese's Cups excluded, because I'm not insane
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Culver's, Runza (it's a Nebraska thing), and Olive Garden. I don't care much for many fast foods places so I do not miss them. I can eat all the above in moderation as long as I do not have a Pepsi. I can not have just one Pepsi and not want more the next day...