I knew I was losing weight when... (fun, motivating thread!)

Options
slimthickzee
slimthickzee Posts: 22 Member
As I lose weight and continue on my journey, I tend to notice the small things that let me know Im doing a good job!! Even though no one else on Gods green earth would probably know what the heck im talking about... but it made me feel good seeing those small changes :) I thought a fun little thread would be nice -- so lets do "I knew I was losing weight/I knew I was getting close to my goal/I knew I was on the right track when.."

Some of mine:

I knew I was on the right track when my clothes fit better, but my family couldn't tell a bit of a difference!

I knew I was getting close to my goal when I could put my arm on my hip without seeing armpit and back fat creeping around the corner :|

I knew I was on the losing weight when I could no longer fit any of my work clothes, and looked like I just didn't know how to dress! But I just didn't want to go shopping for more clothes because I still had a ways to go :)

I knew I was getting close to my goal when I actually saw the point of my shoulder bone!!

I knew I was losing weight cause when I walked or ran I was no longer pushing back fat from my arm pit and back as I swung my arms!! LOL

Yours???

Replies

• Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I knew I was losing weight when my pants fell down while I was carrying a box from my car through a parking lot to my business. Awkward.
  • Xo_c_e_b_xo
    Xo_c_e_b_xo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I knew I was losing weight when my
    New gym gear was getting baggy and I
    Also had to get new jeans for work as they were falling down
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I knew I was making progress when I have to use a belt (or constantly pull up) the smallest pair of jeans in my closet. I'm apparently smaller than I was 6 yrs ago before I gained weight even though I'm slightly heavier according to the scale.

I know I'm getting stronger every time I get to add plates to the barbell.

It's almost time for new gym clothes. I bought all of mine in Feb when I joined a gym and they are all getting pretty baggy.

Most of the shirts I own are too big.

And I'm not sure if it's my imagination or not, but occasionally I swear I can see the top of my abs.

I just had my rings resized to a 5 1/2 and a week later determined that they actually need to be smaller. Move my hand too fast and the rings feel like they are going to fly off.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Well...

I knew I was losing weight the morning in the shower when I couldn't figure out what was on the floor of the tub. It was MY TOES :smiley: Now I just keep them happy with bright pedicures (coral, hot pink, aqua, lilac, whatever strikes my fancy) every two weeks. Because while the weight keeps going down and the clothes keep getting smaller and I can fit in some of my old stuff again, nothing makes me as happy as wiggling my bright toes at myself! My inner child is still alive and quite well apparently :p

• rongata
    rongata Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I knew I was losing weight when I noticed my pants getting too big, I noticed I was running faster on the basketball court, and more short girls looking up giving eye contact in passing :)
  • scarlet67
    scarlet67 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I knew I was losing weight when my husband said he could see my hip bones. ...Great thread :smiley:
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I knew I was losing weight when I opted to walk long distances rather than drive it there. Even though I can see the scale drop or clothes loosen or my reflection get smaller, me being able to be more active naturally during the day showed me that this weight will get off and stay off because I'm changing for good. This is a new lifestyle.
  • slimthickzee
    Options
    Well...

I knew I was losing weight the morning in the shower when I couldn't figure out what was on the floor of the tub. It was MY TOES :smiley: Now I just keep them happy with bright pedicures (coral, hot pink, aqua, lilac, whatever strikes my fancy) every two weeks. Because while the weight keeps going down and the clothes keep getting smaller and I can fit in some of my old stuff again, nothing makes me as happy as wiggling my bright toes at myself! My inner child is still alive and quite well apparently :p

Lol !! Cute!! Good one
  • slimthickzee
    Options
    rongata wrote: »
    I knew I was losing weight when I noticed my pants getting too big, I noticed I was running faster on the basketball court, and more short girls looking up giving eye contact in passing :)

Lol they be like "hey boo"
  • slimthickzee
    Options
    scarlet67 wrote: »
    I knew I was losing weight when my husband said he could see my hip bones. ...Great thread :smiley:

Two times for the hubby!!
  • slimthickzee
    Options
    fidangul wrote: »
    I knew I was losing weight when I opted to walk long distances rather than drive it there. Even though I can see the scale drop or clothes loosen or my reflection get smaller, me being able to be more active naturally during the day showed me that this weight will get off and stay off because I'm changing for good. This is a new lifestyle.

Very true!! Diets haven't worked for me in the last but changing my lifestyle has !
  • slimthickzee
    Options
    I knew I was losing weight when my pants fell down while I was carrying a box from my car through a parking lot to my business. Awkward.

Lmao!! Awkward in the name of progress :)

• R222i
    R222i Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I know I am losing weight because now I'm able to feel my collar bone,My shoulder bone and my armpit gap(sorry if I m saying this wrong lOl) :D
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I knew I was getting healthier when I started craving going for runs. One day, after working out a bit with a PT but not running at all for nearly a year (got halfway through C25K then quit in March 2014), I felt the urge to run...and I ran 2 miles easy! I started crying in the middle of my run!
  • FCFitness75
    FCFitness75 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I knew I was losing weight and gaining muscle when I started to out-do the regulars at my gym classes! I was so envious of them at the start because I had little endurance and would have to frequently stop for a break. Now, I power through the classes and often the instructor comments on how energetic I am or how strong I'm getting. Super motivating!
  • FCFitness75
    FCFitness75 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Also, when the lift was down at work today and I had to take 10 flights of stairs to the fifth floor. I only started feeling tired on like, the eighth flight!
  • shroodle88
    shroodle88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I knew I was losing weight when fastening my belt and suddenly realized I had gone up a knotch - and they are really far apart. :-) I knew I was getting fitter when cycling up the dreaded hill to work and suddenly my butt muscles kicked in - oh, the pride!
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I knew I was losing weight when all my pants starting falling off me.
    I knew I was losing weight when I actually had elbows! :smiley:
    I knew I was getting fitter when I no longer got tired walking through the grocery store.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    My friend and I went to the movies and my (at the time) favorite jeans started to slip down when I got out of the car and I had to hold them up while I was getting out. My friend looked at me and said "Girl, you need new jeans!! Those won't even stay on!"
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I knew I was losing weight when all my pants starting falling off me.
    I knew I was losing weight when I actually had elbows! :smiley:
    I knew I was getting fitter when I no longer got tired walking through the grocery store.

This is great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!