Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So, my birthday is tomorrow and all I can think about is having my most favorite meal EVER out at my favorite restaurant! I'm really hoping that they have this AMAZING dessert that they used to serve. It's a piece of cake (your choice of a bunch of flavors) wrapped in a flour tortilla, fried up, and sprinkled with either cocoa or cinnamon. Then they top it with either honey or hot fudge, ice cream, and whipped cream! Holy Mother of deliciousness! One time we went they said they weren't serving it anymore...but the next time we went, it was on the menu again. Anyway, I'm just really hoping it's there tomorrow. It kept me up last night. Sad, so sad.
    But seriously, I CAN'T WAIT! If they don't have that dessert, I plan on having a very large serving of ice cream for dessert. I fully plan on murdering my calorie goal for tomorrow BUT I will still do my workout in the morning. :)

I believe it's been mentioned before, "birthday calories don't count". Neither do vacation calories, @Francl27 enjoy eating whatever you want on yours. I sure am! Lots of fried shrimp is in my very near future.

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    This is Spikey's cage. You don't even want to know how much I spent on the thing--that hamster was spoiled ROTTEN. :D

cd8ba0b44a15c10065fd-24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.r23.cf1.rac331n94q555v6.jpg
    kcdn.com/mfp-en.vanillaforums.com/editor/5y/2zbo6m5104j3.jpg
    oxs0v7sfpj6y.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    @raelynnsmama52512 yayyyyy for her using the potty!!!! That's a milestone and I know how excited you are! Our 3.5 yr old is finally starting to get potty training with no accidents but it was a LONG battle to get to this point.

@pofoster21 I was contemplating going back for my DBA, but it is completely irrelevant for my occupation unless I want to adjunct. I can do that with my MBA/MS (if they ever officially accept me to the freakin program!!) so a DBA isn't in the cards for me. I'd still love to do it, though.

As for me, I hit normal BMI today, yay! Had a woosh yesterday and today so I'm now considered "normal". I ordered the sunglasses to celebrate. I really needed that because I'm working SO hard on this and when the doubts creep in and "Well maybe I can still be ok being chubby" runs through my brain, I can at least tell myself I'm now in a normal range and to keep going. I darn sure do not want to undo all this work, and I'm now 7.5 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight with son #2. Another 8 lbs to go and I'll be under my pre-pregnancy weight with son #1.

I'm a goober because I actually shed a tear or two this morning when I saw my weight. DH is working 12 hour days, the baby has a double ear infection, I'm exhausted and have not been feeling like I'm very super great lately. It was nice to see some validation :)

Whoooooohoooooo! Which sunglasses did you buy?

Hey tears are fine from all the calorie counting, exercising, & hard work we all put in.

http://www.6pm.com/ivanka-trump-it-076a-magenta-havana

in the Magenta color :) So excited!

Nice, love the color!
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    So, my birthday is tomorrow and all I can think about is having my most favorite meal EVER out at my favorite restaurant! I'm really hoping that they have this AMAZING dessert that they used to serve. It's a piece of cake (your choice of a bunch of flavors) wrapped in a flour tortilla, fried up, and sprinkled with either cocoa or cinnamon. Then they top it with either honey or hot fudge, ice cream, and whipped cream! Holy Mother of deliciousness! One time we went they said they weren't serving it anymore...but the next time we went, it was on the menu again. Anyway, I'm just really hoping it's there tomorrow. It kept me up last night. Sad, so sad.
    But seriously, I CAN'T WAIT! If they don't have that dessert, I plan on having a very large serving of ice cream for dessert. I fully plan on murdering my calorie goal for tomorrow BUT I will still do my workout in the morning. :)

Yay! Happy (early?) birthday! that all sounds amazing although I'm not sure about a flour tortilla and cake? Sign me up for the rest though!
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm on a cereal kick right now :) It cannot be helped.

I cannot wait until my sister brings me that PB Captain Crunch next weekend!!

... Will she bring me some, too?

I confess that I've been using stories about your awesome Rodent Boy to try to confess my husband to buy me either a rat, a mouse, a hamster, a chinchilla, a gerbil.... Anything tiny and cute. :D I WANT A CUDDLY RODENT. >.<

From when I was about 7 I always wanted a hamster but my parents wouldn't let me, I moved out to go to Uni and it took me 4 months of living alone before I realised I could get one and they couldn't say anything haha. They hated the idea but now that they've met him they absolutely adore him, they even have him for 'holidays' if I go away for the weekend or move house etc (I know, they're nuts! haha). So maybe you could get one and hope your husband grows to love it? :) haha.

Just incase you need anymore convincing... (using this as an excuse to post pictures of my little cuddly rodent haha)

Also for anyone interested in how my job interview went the other day, I have a trial shift on Monday! Woo! :)

CUDDLY RODENT! Wanna see MY cuddly rodent? (I had a hamster myself, several years ago--he passed away from hamstery old age)

Spikey: From babyhood to adulthood.

... Yeah, that was a lot of pictures. But isn't he CUTE?!

Awhhh oh my goodness he's adorable! And so fluffy! My hammy is almost 1 1/2 old now, so he's not a baby anymore. He was so tiny when I first got him! Dwarf hamsters are the cutest though, they look like mini versions haha
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @KrisiAnnH congrats on the job!!

@MoHousdon I thought of you at lunch with my dad as I had fountain Dr Pepper! I love Dr Pepper too but for me nothing is better than a fountain pop!

@Susieq_1994 and @KrisiAnnH your little furry friends are TOO cute!! I had gerbils growing up and I loved them!

@kelly_c_77 Happy Early Birthday! I'm happy you're letting yourself splurge on cals for your birthday! That's what it's all about, enojoying yourself on YOUR day! YAYYY!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »

For me, a bowl of cereal leads to another bowl of cereal. And another.... It's like I never get full or satisfied from it.

I don't have that issue thank god! I eat a large bowl before I go into work at 6 am and then I'm not hungry again until around 11! Getting ready to eat my justin's maple almond butter and my apple, yum!

Tried the regular squeeze Almond Butter pack for breakfast & it was delicious. It tasted pretty similar to the MaraNatha version. I'll try the Maple Almond one sometime next week.

Were you lucky to have the Caramel Almond butter close to you?
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Yay! Happy (early?) birthday! that all sounds amazing although I'm not sure about a flour tortilla and cake? Sign me up for the rest though!

I cannot wait until my sister brings me that PB Captain Crunch next weekend!!

... Will she bring me some, too?

I confess that I've been using stories about your awesome Rodent Boy to try to confess my husband to buy me either a rat, a mouse, a hamster, a chinchilla, a gerbil.... Anything tiny and cute. :D I WANT A CUDDLY RODENT. >.<

From when I was about 7 I always wanted a hamster but my parents wouldn't let me, I moved out to go to Uni and it took me 4 months of living alone before I realised I could get one and they couldn't say anything haha. They hated the idea but now that they've met him they absolutely adore him, they even have him for 'holidays' if I go away for the weekend or move house etc (I know, they're nuts! haha). So maybe you could get one and hope your husband grows to love it? :) haha.

Just incase you need anymore convincing... (using this as an excuse to post pictures of my little cuddly rodent haha)

Also for anyone interested in how my job interview went the other day, I have a trial shift on Monday! Woo! :)

CUDDLY RODENT! Wanna see MY cuddly rodent? (I had a hamster myself, several years ago--he passed away from hamstery old age)

Spikey: From babyhood to adulthood.

... Yeah, that was a lot of pictures. But isn't he CUTE?!

Awhhh oh my goodness he's adorable! And so fluffy! My hammy is almost 1 1/2 old now, so he's not a baby anymore. He was so tiny when I first got him! Dwarf hamsters are the cutest though, they look like mini versions haha

I actually could never figure out what kind of hamster Spikey was--He didn't fit ANY of the breed descriptions, so I got the feeling that he was a mixed breed. He wasn't a dwarf--He was quite long and as big as my hand, although he was pretty skinny. :) He was so tiny and cute when I first bought him, too! He was able to squeeze through the bars of his first cage when he was a baby, but not once he got older. :)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    Confession: Outside of exercising, if you wear earbuds/headphones in public I want to punch you in the face. This is especially true at restaurants, disconnect yourself and pay attention to your surroundings or *gasp* have a conversation with someone.

*I work on a college campus so my view may be slightly skewed, I've seen a lot of near misses with students just because they're not paying attention.

I tend to wear mine in public when traveling (mostly air travel) or if I went somewhere specifically to study or do grad homework, so that I DON'T pay attention to my surroundings. That said, I don't think I could ever have both earbuds in if I were running on a busy street because I'd be too worried about being run over! :)

Fester's gonna hate me - I wear my headphones pretty well any time I walk anywhere. I try to drive as little as possible, so when I walk places (like my half hour walk to work) I listen to audiobooks because it's so damn boring making the same trek on the same street day after day. At least I get some "reading" in that way.

I can't fathom why that would be irritating to someone though. It's not like listening to something makes me unable to watch where I'm walking, and the only conversation I'm avoiding is with panhandlers and people pushing religious pamphlets...
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    @xLoveLikeWinterx congrats on the whoosh and the normal bmi that's so exciting!! :) you are SUPER GREAT!!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    bjaune wrote: »
    I can't poop! Yep its gross and painful! My doctor has me on prescription miralax and at first It worked, but now its back to once a week. It gets uncomfortable because there comes a point my stomach gets big and my pants don't fit.
    I drink water like a fish and run at least 3 days a week (I am tri training now)
    But still.....
    I tried to not eat red meat during lent, hoping that would alleviate the pains. Nothing. :(

Eat a Pure Protein bar...

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

It's a good snack. I have about 8 boxes & pick one each day to eat with my yogurt.

Lately it's been Peanut Butter Toast Crunch, Chocolate Toast Crunch, & Cinnabun.

I absolutely love cereal, but it also absolutely doesn't fill me up, so I can't really fit it into my calories unless I want to go hungry... Or eat half the box to feel full.

Speaking of funny cat stories: I mentioned that I hand-raised my baby, Zainab, from a teeny tiny kitten. Well, she was so attached to me that she often caught a ride on my shoulder like a mini parrot as I went about my day. As she got older, she didn't break the habit--she would pose on the bed and wait for me to come close enough, then jump onto my shoulder and hang on. She also would always do it when I was working out on my stationary bike, since she couldn't get to my lap when I kept pumping my legs up and down (she tried that, too...)

She still does her parrot act on my poor sister (and to me, when I visit), and since she's so much bigger and heavier, it's hard for her to STAY on like she used to when she was teeny, and she digs in with her claws to stay in place. Imagine a fully-grown cat sitting perfectly upright on someone's shoulder... :D

Aww that's so adorable! LOL @ the cat wanting to sit on your lap as you rode the stationary bike. My niece when she was around 1.5-2 years old wanted to sit on my lap as I rode the stationary bike. It was so hilarious to see her little legs moving like they were peddling.

I work with an elderly lady who had a pet bird who would sleep on her back as she slept & she would buy him treats & different toys for every holiday.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    @AngryViking1970 and @WestCoastJo82 Thanks I probably will. An evening that doesn't involve talking about Spongebob , farts or other bodily functions might be nice!

Oh my gosh! I LOLed! My son's eleven, and it hasn't got much better.

Although we did have a fairly lengthy discussion yesterday about the American welfare system. And I was thinking the whole time, "My 11 year old son has an opinion on the welfare system. Is that normal?" For everyone's edification, he's a raging Republican on that issue. :D

This reminds me. Not long ago I bought a Mad Libs book for my son at the checkout, because I always ALWAYS buy something there and I was in the candy free line. Do you have any idea how seamlessly you can fit the word 'turd' into any part of speech?

If there was any doubt, I am not having discussions with my 10 year old about politics. LOL

I may have some idea except in our house replace turd with poop :)

THIS!!! When I'm trying to keep from cussing (I don't really that much honestly) I sub the word "poop". I'm not sure when it started, but my daughter does the same. I've never once heard her utter a single curse word. She would even skip the word "hell" when she was playing Rock Band. She's so cute.

I remember my grandma would always say son of a brick & we couldn't say farted we had to say tooted or passed gas.

Online I don't curse very much & usually I only curse in real life if a customer upsets me (I don't curse at the customer) or something really ticks me off.

We say "tootledoot" with our son. Sometimes in a store or in public, he'll say, "excuse me, I just tootledooted"...and people look at us like..."???" Haha

We're teaching Charlie that 'he did a wind'

Haha, cute one!
    @KrisiAnnH and @Susieq_1994, super cute hammies!!! Love them! I had one in middle school named Queenie..she was awesome!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    Confession: Outside of exercising, if you wear earbuds/headphones in public I want to punch you in the face. This is especially true at restaurants, disconnect yourself and pay attention to your surroundings or *gasp* have a conversation with someone.

*I work on a college campus so my view may be slightly skewed, I've seen a lot of near misses with students just because they're not paying attention.

QFT! And get off your darn phone. Actually talk to your spouse, kids, friends, and family!!!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Ack! Spikey was SO cute! Thanks for sharing!

He was, wasn't he? :) Once he got older he used to climb up the pipes into the top of his cage (there was a detachable carry case with a lid there that I could open) and wait for me to pick him up and cuddle him and give him treats. :) I was so sad when he died that I couldn't go anywhere near his cage for over a year--it just stayed there in a corner. My sister had to bury him for me because I just couldn't do it. :(

When I lived in VA my ex fiance and I had ducks; there were four of them- SJ, Violet, Dot, and Thad. I named two and he named two :) They were my babies, we raised them from when they were really little to adults. I had to have my ex bury Dot when we found her (she had been attacked and killed by a fox we think :() because I couldn't handle it I stayed in the apartment (we lived in an apartment over the garage on a farm) and just cried. She was such a beautiful yellow duck!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

You just reminded me. We very rarely--like, once a year or so--drive to Bahrain (we're not too far from the border) for a fun kid's movie (Movie theaters are illegal in Saudi) and a full-on treat/day of fun. Last time I planned an absolutely elaborate EXACTLY-what-I'm-going-to-do-and-eat according to what I REALLY wanted, and almost everything I had planned for and was all excited about was closed down/no longer in business. Seriously. I was so sad. :'(

Wow why are the movie theaters banned in Saudi Arabia? Is it from some of the movies being too explicit?
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

You just reminded me. We very rarely--like, once a year or so--drive to Bahrain (we're not too far from the border) for a fun kid's movie (Movie theaters are illegal in Saudi) and a full-on treat/day of fun. Last time I planned an absolutely elaborate EXACTLY-what-I'm-going-to-do-and-eat according to what I REALLY wanted, and almost everything I had planned for and was all excited about was closed down/no longer in business. Seriously. I was so sad. :'(

Wow why are the movie theaters banned in Saudi Arabia? Is it from some of the movies being too explicit?

As you catch up you'll see my answer to that, since someone else (kellie) asked it as well. :)
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    ok guys I am on the fence about something. I got asked out on a date this weekend. I don't date because in reality I don't have a lot of free time and I am certainly not wanting to take any time away from my son. But in spite of all this I am considering going. What's a girl to do?

Do you like date asker guy? If the answer is yes, then I say GO FOR IT!

I do like said guy lol

Well, then, buy yourself something pretty (sexy, but tasteful) and go and enjoy yourself. If you just get a meal and decent conversation but it doesn't go anywhere, at least you have a pretty new dress to wear later. But if it DOES go somewhere, I think we all expect to be invited to the wedding. :smiley:

Hmmm sexy sounds like something I haven't done in a long time :) And of course you would all be invited honestly I feel closer to you guys lately than most of the people IRL :)

You HAVE to show us your choices before choosing though. I LOVE helping people pick out clothes and I've NEVER helped anyone get ready for a date before, well, besides myself of course. :smiley:

The bold part: me too!

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

Hope this works! Might be huge..if so, I apologize.

Wow that's a lot of cats (super cute, too)! I forget who else had a bunch, including a pregnant porch kitty, you might might give that person a run for their money in the cat hoarding war ;)

That would be @pofoster21, if I'm not mistaken. And my family owns 14 cats, so I think they beat everyone. O.o

It is me. 4 in the home now, 2 on the porch, and 2 at the barn. I have to admit 4 in the home is a lot now when I feed. And the politics of who gets fed where...exhausting. But Cobweb is doing great (latest addition, you all went through that with me). He is the sweetest cat.

He likes to jump on the 1/2 wall between the toilet and the vanity when I get out of the shower and while I dry myself off he reaches out to me, to be petted, etc. The other day, I bent over drying my legs and he proceeded to walk onto my back and lay down! So there I am, stark naked, with a purring cat laying on my back and licking my wet hair. I crouched down to try and get him to walk off me, but he resettled himself and kept purring away. I finally had to slowly stand until he slid off, praying all the time he wouldn't grab me with his claws to stay on. If I had had a camera and wasn't such a prude, I would have taken a selfie and posted it (but yes, I was stark naked, so probably that wouldn't be allowed on here!).

[
    Ok, sorry that this is giant...I haven't a clue how to shrink it. But, I just wanted to share what our feeding time looks like... :)
    They all have their own bowls and go right to them when it's time to eat! Such good little piglets!

Do they ever try to sneak food when they're done eating out of their own bowls?

Yes, the orange one on the top left (Bugsy) will stay in there the longest and try to sneak whatever is left behind. Also, Skye (our newest kitten) will do it too. She isn't in the picture because this was taken when we still had Steve (the other orange over in front of the sink) before he passed last fall from Cancer.

Aww:). My dogs are a bunch of weirdos when it comes to food. Roxy is a Lhasa Apso & will gobble her food down in probably 25-30 seconds & probably doesn't even taste it. Chewy who is a Silky Terrier & a psycho will take one piece out & drop it & then run off to eat the one piece. She'll then come back & finish the rest of her food.

I used to give Chewy doggie chocolates & every time she should find where the cat was & bark at her.

Is Chewy running to carpet to eat? My friend had a Pug that wouldn't eat his food on the kitchen tile...but he would pick each piece out, carry it into the living room, and eat it off of the carpet! Once she realized it was because of the flooring, she ended up putting a small rug near his bowl that he would stand on and eat.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »

For me, a bowl of cereal leads to another bowl of cereal. And another.... It's like I never get full or satisfied from it.

I don't have that issue thank god! I eat a large bowl before I go into work at 6 am and then I'm not hungry again until around 11! Getting ready to eat my justin's maple almond butter and my apple, yum!

Tried the regular squeeze Almond Butter pack for breakfast & it was delicious. It tasted pretty similar to the MaraNatha version. I'll try the Maple Almond one sometime next week.

Were you lucky to have the Caramel Almond butter close to you?

Yes they sell it in the Kroger near me it said! It's on the list to pick up this weekend when I go! :)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    As @riderfangal and @MoHousdon said I feel closer to all of you than I do to some people IRL too :)