Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Put down 37 miles over 3 rides today. 7 to work, 13 back home and a 17 mile 'restless evening' ride. Funny thing is I've hardly ate anything today. No breakfast (normal for me) a tiny 220 calorie lunch and at home I had 3 whole wheat fajita tortillas filled with refried beans and some shredded cheese. Same exact goes for yesterday. I feel strong, no soreness and I stay hydrated so until I stall, I am staying the course because it's hard to deny the results.

Confession... It irritates me when people quote someone that posted a bunch of photos without removing said photos in their reply. Confession 2... IRL I would totally judge some of the decisions people make then whine about. You're an adult and you made an adult decision so deal with the adult consequences and shut up. :naughty: (But I am not judging so I will be like Kermit and sip mah tea)

Oh and I found my mom (dang her!) left a huge fresh cooked brownie here at my house. I can't deny it as I am powerless against food that somehow made it's way into my safe haven away from temptation. And I am too frugal to throw it out. Whatever... I'm about to eat the thing so it will be gone. (<-adult decision) NO RAGRETS

By the sounds of it you have enough calories left for a whole batch! Savor the flavour!

I did and it was very good. Best I've had in ages... It was Ghirardelli Chocolate which I've never had their brownies before.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @xLoveLikeWinterx congratulations on being normal!! ;)
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm on a cereal kick right now :) It cannot be helped.

For me, a bowl of cereal leads to another bowl of cereal. And another.... It's like I never get full or satisfied from it.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »

Hope this works! Might be huge..if so, I apologize.

Wow that's a lot of cats (super cute, too)! I forget who else had a bunch, including a pregnant porch kitty, you might might give that person a run for their money in the cat hoarding war ;)

That would be @pofoster21, if I'm not mistaken. And my family owns 14 cats, so I think they beat everyone. O.o

It is me. 4 in the home now, 2 on the porch, and 2 at the barn. I have to admit 4 in the home is a lot now when I feed. And the politics of who gets fed where...exhausting. But Cobweb is doing great (latest addition, you all went through that with me). He is the sweetest cat.

He likes to jump on the 1/2 wall between the toilet and the vanity when I get out of the shower and while I dry myself off he reaches out to me, to be petted, etc. The other day, I bent over drying my legs and he proceeded to walk onto my back and lay down! So there I am, stark naked, with a purring cat laying on my back and licking my wet hair. I crouched down to try and get him to walk off me, but he resettled himself and kept purring away. I finally had to slowly stand until he slid off, praying all the time he wouldn't grab me with his claws to stay on. If I had had a camera and wasn't such a prude, I would have taken a selfie and posted it (but yes, I was stark naked, so probably that wouldn't be allowed on here!).

Ok, sorry that this is giant...I haven't a clue how to shrink it. But, I just wanted to share what our feeding time looks like... :)
    They all have their own bowls and go right to them when it's time to eat! Such good little piglets!

Awesome. Kinda makes me cringe though, just imagining all those meowing at 3am every night like mine does...

Our cat Moxie has this thing where she knows when the alarm is going to go off, and she starts meowing about 20-30 minutes ahead of time. We'll tell her to knock it off, and then she will go in the bathroom, and open & slam the cupboards!

She gets on her hind legs, grabs the top of the cupboard door, walks backwards about a foot, and then lets it go. BANG!

I'm to the point where on weekends, I'll put the laundry basket in front of the cupboards to thwart her efforts.

SHE IS SUCH A PUNK.

You all make me so glad that our cat sleeps in my son's bed and has never, ever woken me up in the night. The dog also sleeps in my son's room, and if she needs to go out in the middle of the night, she wakes up my son who lets her out. Win, win, win for me!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Put down 37 miles over 3 rides today. 7 to work, 13 back home and a 17 mile 'restless evening' ride. Funny thing is I've hardly ate anything today. No breakfast (normal for me) a tiny 220 calorie lunch and at home I had 3 whole wheat fajita tortillas filled with refried beans and some shredded cheese. Same exact goes for yesterday. I feel strong, no soreness and I stay hydrated so until I stall, I am staying the course because it's hard to deny the results.

Confession... It irritates me when people quote someone that posted a bunch of photos without removing said photos in their reply. Confession 2... IRL I would totally judge some of the decisions people make then whine about. You're an adult and you made an adult decision so deal with the adult consequences and shut up. :naughty: (But I am not judging so I will be like Kermit and sip mah tea)

Oh and I found my mom (dang her!) left a huge fresh cooked brownie here at my house. I can't deny it as I am powerless against food that somehow made it's way into my safe haven away from temptation. And I am too frugal to throw it out. Whatever... I'm about to eat the thing so it will be gone. (<-adult decision) NO RAGRETS

By the sounds of it you have enough calories left for a whole batch! Savor the flavour!

I did and it was very good. Best I've had in ages... It was Ghirardelli Chocolate which I've never had their brownies before.

I just made those for Father's Day. I only had two. Pretty happy with myself over that. My husband just finished off the pan last night.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I still need to catch up but I wanted to vent on something.

No one probably remembers but I have talked about that guy who is on the phone at work all the time and everyone loves him even though he barely works...he just let me know he won some award so he is getting a plaque/prize at 10 today.

I'm like seriously...

This just happened to me. The conference I am at they did recognition awards. The guy in my group that won got recognized for 2 projects I led. One was done before he came on board. The other he came in on the tail end and had zero to do with. I totally led them. This is like the 4th time over the years this has happened to me. No one in an operations driven organization ever appreciates marketing communications. But I PROJECT LED these. This guy is connected.

I confess as soon as the awards were over I grabbed my stuff, went to hotel, and am now drowning my sorrows by reading this thread. :( I am feeling very sad.

Ohhh that totally sucks! :/ Sure sounds like some sort of favouritism going on. Mind you, some of those ambitious types just rack up the undeserved awards so they can move up to their next rung... maybe he'll be gone soon?

He will he is trying hard to get VP. He is just too well connected. He literately had nothing to do with either project he got recognized for. The problem is I am not political. At all. And it hurts me. Oh, well, I either need to suck it up or move on to another company. I control the destiny of this...so I have to choose how to deal with it. I have decided to just let it go. Thanks for letting me vent in here. :)

The nice thing about being old is that you get to see karma in action. :)

Something similar happened to me years ago. I was a "shoe-in" for a promotion, the head of the hiring committee even told me on the QT that I was the successful candidate... then the CEO overruled the committee's decision and gave the position to her Golden Boy. Everyone in the organization was so shocked that he'd been selected, when I congratulated him after the official announcement he told me that I was the only person who'd done so. Despite his favoured status, less than a year later Golden Boy left us for a better job at another organization. (And loss of a trained employee is HUGE for us, it takes about a year to bring new staff up to speed.)
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    I can't help but laugh every time someone says super great. It's such a funny expression and pretty much guaranteed that someone will post it at least once on every page.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

Wow that's a lot of cats (super cute, too)! I forget who else had a bunch, including a pregnant porch kitty, you might might give that person a run for their money in the cat hoarding war ;)

That would be @pofoster21, if I'm not mistaken. And my family owns 14 cats, so I think they beat everyone. O.o

It is me. 4 in the home now, 2 on the porch, and 2 at the barn. I have to admit 4 in the home is a lot now when I feed. And the politics of who gets fed where...exhausting. But Cobweb is doing great (latest addition, you all went through that with me). He is the sweetest cat.

He likes to jump on the 1/2 wall between the toilet and the vanity when I get out of the shower and while I dry myself off he reaches out to me, to be petted, etc. The other day, I bent over drying my legs and he proceeded to walk onto my back and lay down! So there I am, stark naked, with a purring cat laying on my back and licking my wet hair. I crouched down to try and get him to walk off me, but he resettled himself and kept purring away. I finally had to slowly stand until he slid off, praying all the time he wouldn't grab me with his claws to stay on. If I had had a camera and wasn't such a prude, I would have taken a selfie and posted it (but yes, I was stark naked, so probably that wouldn't be allowed on here!).

Ok, sorry that this is giant...I haven't a clue how to shrink it. But, I just wanted to share what our feeding time looks like... :)
    They all have their own bowls and go right to them when it's time to eat! Such good little piglets!

Awesome. Kinda makes me cringe though, just imagining all those meowing at 3am every night like mine does...

Our cat Moxie has this thing where she knows when the alarm is going to go off, and she starts meowing about 20-30 minutes ahead of time. We'll tell her to knock it off, and then she will go in the bathroom, and open & slam the cupboards!

She gets on her hind legs, grabs the top of the cupboard door, walks backwards about a foot, and then lets it go. BANG!

I'm to the point where on weekends, I'll put the laundry basket in front of the cupboards to thwart her efforts.

SHE IS SUCH A PUNK.

You all make me so glad that our cat sleeps in my son's bed and has never, ever woken me up in the night. The dog also sleeps in my son's room, and if she needs to go out in the middle of the night, she wakes up my son who lets her out. Win, win, win for me!

DANG! You got off lucky! lol And that's good for your son as well.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I'm on a cereal kick right now :) It cannot be helped.

It's a good snack. I have about 8 boxes & pick one each day to eat with my yogurt.

Lately it's been Peanut Butter Toast Crunch, Chocolate Toast Crunch, & Cinnabun.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

I'm a goober because I actually shed a tear or two this morning when I saw my weight. DH is working 12 hour days, the baby has a double ear infection, I'm exhausted and have not been feeling like I'm very super great lately. It was nice to see some validation :)

Congrats! I'm glad. I hope the other things ease up soon.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I rejoined a gym in the last week. There are many gyms in the area but the one I prefer and feel very comfortable taking my kids to workout with me is kind of expensive. I had quit it for a year to catch up on things financially and tried to keep active in many other ways. Recently I decided that my daughter really enjoyed it and I want to support anything she enjoys these days. Tonight we went to a Zumba class at her request. It was 75 minutes of me flailing around as ungainly as possible. Daughter loved it and smiled more in that class than I've seen in a long time. Worth the cost of admission. I did a couple of calculators and based on my weight I think I burned around 500 calories in that time. I know I was pushing myself to stay as high intensity as I could. Is 500 calories for 1.25 hours a reasonable estimate? I'm on the very little side. I don't often log food and I even more rarely log exercise. I also lifted weights (didn't even try to figure that out) and got a decent amount of walking in during the day. I feel that I am keeping my nice slow steady goal of gradually losing another few pounds.

That would be me also. Which is why I'd never do Zumba. Glad your daughter really enjoyed it, though... and you're an awesome mum for attending with her!
    ythannah wrote: »
    Confession: I'm seriously considering the intermittent fasting diet. I'm clearly not getting anywhere with the old fashioned calorie counting and I'm actually getting quite desperate now. I want to book a doctors appointment but I think they will say the same thing as my mum "Why don't you join weight watchers or slimming world" Yea, I don't want to pay someone to watch me stand on a scale.

I'm also considering taking all the money I have saved for a deposit on a house and getting someone to just suck all the fat out of me.

It's all feeling very hopeless at the moment

I've done 5:2 intermittently. (that sounds weird, ha ha) I've mentioned before that when he's home my SO does the cooking and that generally results in huge portions of very rich and rather "junky" food -- not at all how I'd choose to eat -- so when he's gone I'll do 5:2 to kind of recalibrate, especially since my IBS is usually in overdrive by the time he leaves (we seriously eat like cr@p).

I'd say give it a try.

But keep saving that house money!!!

Yea, I don't see any harm in trying it for a month or so. It's not something stupid like a teatox. It just involves a bit of forward planning.

It's ok, the money is still there

I tend to rely heavily on 35 calorie Yoplait yogurt pots, 15 cal fruit cups (Del Monte water packed, no added sugar) and Quest bars. But the 500 days make me feel seriously awesome... probably because the carb/high fat/sodium fog lifts, lol.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

I put it in my exercise tracker, and it wanted to give me 972 calories for 75 minutes. I've done Zumba before, I know it can be exhausting if you're going all out. 500 calories would be almost 50% of MFP's estimate. So, I would say yes. Sounds reasonable to me.

Thank you.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Started the C25k app today because I like having someone tell me when to run and when to walk :)

I am ready to start that myself. I was hoping that would tell me what to do!!

I really like it because I'll be going along listening to my music and it'll beep and say start walking then beep start running and I don't have to look at my watch or anything it's great!

Great news for me. I am working on getting my physical endurance up a bit for a mud run in October.

Either of you tried the Zombies, run! app? I've heard good reviews about that one.

That may be one I need to look into since The Walking Dead is my favorite show. Gotta train for the apocalypse!!

I'm counting on you, @crosbylee and @quiksylver296

Like I've said before, I've never watched TWD. But...I think I saw a commercial for a spin-off show. Did anyone see that?

@MoHousdon remember, we're meeting at Mt. Rushmore. :p

Yes, the spinoff, prequel type show starts in August. I really am looking forward to it. Strange, I know, but I am hooked. I can pick Mo up on my way through!!

I wonder if this will be available on Amazon Prime?

Also, I'm way behind because I actually did what they pay me to do at work yesterday. :blush:

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

6xohddehd56f.jpg

Do they ever try to sneak food when they're done eating out of their own bowls?
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Can we just cancel today? :unamused:
    As I've mentioned, hubby is out of town, and now just so happens to be the perfect time for Raelynn to get sick. As in, puking all over the bathroom and kitchen sick. She refuses to eat, just wants water, and is currently lying down in her bed watching a movie as that's all she wants to do. Not to mention, the actual act of vomiting was enough to trigger one of her daily multiple anxiety attacks. Needless to say, at this point neither one of us is concerned at all about eating and not really doing much of anything else either. :frowning:

I'm sorry to hear about your baby, hopefully she's better by now.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    @raelynnsmama52512 yayyyyy for her using the potty!!!! That's a milestone and I know how excited you are! Our 3.5 yr old is finally starting to get potty training with no accidents but it was a LONG battle to get to this point.

@pofoster21 I was contemplating going back for my DBA, but it is completely irrelevant for my occupation unless I want to adjunct. I can do that with my MBA/MS (if they ever officially accept me to the freakin program!!) so a DBA isn't in the cards for me. I'd still love to do it, though.

As for me, I hit normal BMI today, yay! Had a woosh yesterday and today so I'm now considered "normal". I ordered the sunglasses to celebrate. I really needed that because I'm working SO hard on this and when the doubts creep in and "Well maybe I can still be ok being chubby" runs through my brain, I can at least tell myself I'm now in a normal range and to keep going. I darn sure do not want to undo all this work, and I'm now 7.5 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight with son #2. Another 8 lbs to go and I'll be under my pre-pregnancy weight with son #1.

I'm a goober because I actually shed a tear or two this morning when I saw my weight. DH is working 12 hour days, the baby has a double ear infection, I'm exhausted and have not been feeling like I'm very super great lately. It was nice to see some validation :)

Whoooooohoooooo! Which sunglasses did you buy?

Hey tears are fine from all the calorie counting, exercising, & hard work we all put in.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »

That's a great looking truck, if I didn't live 25 miles from work or gas was cheap again I'd totally buy a 50's era Dodge Power Wagon to commute. Love the old iron, pretty sure I was born 3 decades too late.

We have had people come up to us and ask to take pictures of it. We were at Wal-Mart one night and a guy rolled up asked if it'd be okay if he took a picture of the truck with his wife. I thought it was very odd, Mr. Mo said it happens all the time. I have to admit, I feel like a bad mamajamma when I drive it. :blush:

I'm sure you know this, but for identity purposes and for your safety, make sure that they don't get your license plate in the photos. Otherwise, yeah, I can completely see why someone would want to take a picture with it!

It's always from the front or side, so the plate isn't visible. But thanks, though. Always looking out for everyone!

• MoHousdon
    Options
    @AngryViking1970 and @WestCoastJo82 Thanks I probably will. An evening that doesn't involve talking about Spongebob , farts or other bodily functions might be nice!

Oh my gosh! I LOLed! My son's eleven, and it hasn't got much better.

Although we did have a fairly lengthy discussion yesterday about the American welfare system. And I was thinking the whole time, "My 11 year old son has an opinion on the welfare system. Is that normal?" For everyone's edification, he's a raging Republican on that issue. :D

This reminds me. Not long ago I bought a Mad Libs book for my son at the checkout, because I always ALWAYS buy something there and I was in the candy free line. Do you have any idea how seamlessly you can fit the word 'turd' into any part of speech?

If there was any doubt, I am not having discussions with my 10 year old about politics. LOL

I may have some idea except in our house replace turd with poop :)

THIS!!! When I'm trying to keep from cussing (I don't really that much honestly) I sub the word "poop". I'm not sure when it started, but my daughter does the same. I've never once heard her utter a single curse word. She would even skip the word "hell" when she was playing Rock Band. She's so cute.

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    Yes, bookmarking is the key! That works well for me.

@kellyjellybellyjelly have you tried putting your spoon in hot water first before putting it in the ice cream? That seems to work.

@AngryViking1970, sorry your interview was rescheduled and it threw you off. That stinks. Just pretend it never happened. Good luck on Monday!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I blame the kardashians
    Good plan. I blame them for as much as possible.

And that Kanye guy.

I've decided those two are going to name their son Easton. Easton West.

That woman is pregnant AGAIN?! Don't we have enough of those people already?!