Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Is it me or is it mostly women posting here? Did we scare off most of the men?

We have xMrBunglex and Uncle Fester sometimes. We ran off the rest with our talk of TOM, bras, breastfeeding and whatever else. :D

I confess I was actually going to post TODAY that my confession is that I think I run off all the men in this thread. Example:
    -- I asked @tincanonastring if he worked at my company, he asked me if I was stalking him (I deduced where he came from by his posts) and within a week he was gone.
    -- I started engaging with @AgentOrangeJuice on messaging (he expressed sympathy about Oberon, I asked him about his new job, etc.) he disappeared.
    -- @flatasapancake posted a new chest picture, I said impressive! You are slowly working your way around your body, is your *kitten* next and he never came back.

I have checked on all of them...they are all still posting (not much from @AgentOrangeJuice though so he may truly be busy).

Like in real life, I scare all the men away. Sigh.

No, do not blame yourself! It's kind of funny, when you type it out like that, but I highly doubt it has anything to do with you!

Perhaps not but I am not a big believer in coincidence. But luckily mixmode has promised to stick around and I haven't scared off xMrBunglex yet....

Nah, it wasn't you. I had to take a forum hiatus to attend to IRL stuff and by the time I came back, it was 1000 comments later and I just never picked back up in this thread. Those other guys, though...that was you!

Confession: I promised to catch up on all the missed posts in this thread and I am fully committed to breaking that promise. No regrets...y'all post too much! :tongue:
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Yay! We got a man back!
    pknyoawrp7wi.gif
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Well, I am just gonna go ahead and assume the calorie count on that waffle cone is fair....since nobody seemed to notice that post.....

I noticed it, but had absolutely no idea--I haven't eaten a waffle cone in YEARS. I totally want a waffle cone now. A chocolate dipped one.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I still need to catch up but I wanted to vent on something.

No one probably remembers but I have talked about that guy who is on the phone at work all the time and everyone loves him even though he barely works...he just let me know he won some award so he is getting a plaque/prize at 10 today.

I'm like seriously...

This just happened to me. The conference I am at they did recognition awards. The guy in my group that won got recognized for 2 projects I led. One was done before he came on board. The other he came in on the tail end and had zero to do with. I totally led them. This is like the 4th time over the years this has happened to me. No one in an operations driven organization ever appreciates marketing communications. But I PROJECT LED these. This guy is connected.

I confess as soon as the awards were over I grabbed my stuff, went to hotel, and am now drowning my sorrows by reading this thread. :( I am feeling very sad.

That really, really stinks. I'd feel so awful!! I'm sorry that you're feeling sad about it--that was a really nasty thing for them/him to do. :( I never knew that this kind of stuff could happen in a professional environment!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    On a plane about to depart. I didn't intend in any way to prompt guilt over breastfeeding. I had an easy first child and a very complicated second child. We do our best with what we hav
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Caitwn wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Oh wow I totally missed this, thanks for posting @caitwn!

Glad you like it! I think part of the issue with missing posts here isn't so much that the thread is busy (though that's part of it), but it's more that when folks respond, they tend to quote the ENTIRE POST they are replying to, including lengthy blocks of text and/or images and photos. It doesn't take long to burn through multiple pages that way, and bury other new posts in the process.

Another issue on message boards like this one is when people respond with a separate post to every person they are replying to, rather than combining responses in a single post, with individual callouts like "@LBuerhle38, thanks for that feedback!", followed by individual call-outs to others you're replying to. Honestly, handling responses that way is an expectation on a lot of boards because it's considered to be courteous to other posters. I haven't really pushed the issue here because I know nobody is deliberately trying to bury new posts or to 'drown out' other posts with pages of repeated big photos/blocks of text. But it is maybe worth taking a second to think about before hitting that 'quote' + 'reply'.

I am guilty of the above infraction and I apologize. :( I've tried several times to delete anything I'm not personally responding to or do multiple responses in once reply, but I often screw it up and have to start all over again.

The way I read this, I could never keep it straight trying to do everyone into one post. Especially when I miss a whole day or more...too much to catch up on. I can start to try and delete some stuff, etc. but it hard to parse through stuff and delete.

To be honest, I like the full quote, so as I read backwards, I know what I am looking for and can skip the originals if I already read it, or find the original I wanted to reply to and reply to it. I would rather not stop doing that.

Me too, the string of quotes is super helpful! What would be nice is for MFP to give a simple option for the reader to see the quotes or not with one button setting. [Hide quoted posts]/ [Show quoted posts]
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    You guys (ladies?), I have something I need to confess to all of you (especially to all of those awesome people who added me as friends).

So, here's the thing: I wasn't ever planning to confess this in here, because I didn't want to offend anyone or make anyone feel guilty. A small part of me was also afraid that it would backfire and I would get taunted, but after knowing everyone for a while, I'm sure it wouldn't happen. I've honestly been sitting here in front of my screen for an hour, trying to get up the courage to confess this to everyone here, and as I type this I'm beginning to cry.

Basically, I have an extreme phobia of profanity of any kind--whether it's typed or verbally spoken. It triggers my anxiety and my FND in a really big way, and this is one of the reasons that sticking with this thread has been a huge challenge for me. I was able to stick with it mostly because of MFP's profanity filters--otherwise I would be long gone due to a level of anxiety that I really can't handle.

Now, this poses a problem for me. While I'm really, really happy to have all of you add me as friends, my MFP feed doesn't have the profanity filter that the forums have, and I need my feed to be "safe" for me. Lately I've been scared and anxious whenever I open MFP, for fear of what I might read on the feed.

I just wanted to tell all of you who have been so kind to add me, that while I don't expect you to filter what you post on your MFP, I really don't want you to be offended if I delete you for usage of profanity. It DOES NOT MEAN that I don't like you or that I don't want to be your friend--this is just an issue that I have a terrible, terrible fear of and really can't handle. I honestly contemplated making a second account to log my food so I wouldn't have to look at the feed on this one so I wouldn't end up deleting or alienating any one of you--I decided that it was best to bite the bullet and tell the truth.

Please don't be offended, because I truly don't mean to offend anyone. I'm sorry if I've made anyone feel bad or guilty or angry at me by this confession. :'( No judgement and all that, right?

thanks for letting us know Susie. Its quite important because none of us would want to deliberately upset you.

I will endeavour to moderate my language, apologise in advance for any that slip through, and understand if you want to unfriend me - i won't take it personally :)

I am sorry... I did this in a message to you...I was just saying this AM that I need to stop swearing. So from now on...no more swearing in my feed or comments or messages. Susieq...you are making us better people!

I really appreciate it! I consider you a good friend, and I hate that I feel so anxious about having you on my list(s). You guys don't know how much it means when you try to make accommodations for me--I truly didn't expect it, and I have a major case of the warm fuzzies right now. Thank you all.

It's not a problem. And seriously I hate that I swear so much. This will help me work on it. I once read that to use profanity is the sign of an uneducated or unimaginative mind (or something like that) and it always bothered me. That I swore so much. So this is motivation! And we are good friends! So we will work on it together. :)

We'll do that! I'm sure you can improve if you set your mind to it. :) I've come a long way just by being able to stick with this thread--I'm trying hard at it because I don't want to live in a box forever, and I'll never have control over strange or new environments. Going to places like airports is over-the-top stressful, for example. :(

Being stuck with you guys isn't so bad, anyhow... ;) You're super great! :p
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    yesterday afternoon i had plans to take my mom to see jurassic world. yesterday we also had a massive storm that dumped tons of rain. it was still slightly raining when i left the house to meet her at the theater. of course i'm perpetually late for everything and was probably driving a smidge too fast for the road conditions.

then i started to fishtail on the four lane highway, and i completely can't pull out of it, totally lose control, the car does a full 360 spin across the two lanes of oncoming traffic and i bounce off of the opposing guardrail.

by some tiny miracle, no one was coming when i crossed lanes. if anyone had been, i probably would have killed them and myself. so i'm on the wrong side of the road facing the wrong direction. see no one coming at me head on, and drive back over to the right side of the road to a stoplight. this dude pulls up in the lane next to me and is like ARE YOU OK?!?!! i'm all shaky and say yeah, i think so. light turns green and i drive on to the theater like everything is fine.

i meet up with my mom and i'm like, i think i might have just almost died, and explain the whole thing to her and she's like... well maybe you should slow the hell down. and i say no, this was REALLY scary, and she's just like yeah, i've done it before too. slow down.

thanks mom!

confession: my mother's total lack of empathy and concern really ticks me off sometimes....

I confess I might be a lot like your mom.

LOL, I confess my first thought was 'You need to slow down and probably need new tires.'

And here's my boys, one on the left is Ollie a pitbull/hound mix, the other is Boone an Irish Setter/Lab mix.
    jeep.jpg

As of late, this thread has been 'populated' with a bevy of beautiful dogs (it's making me melt)... :)

...and I've always wondered what an Irish Setter/Lab mix might look like (they're two of my favorite breeds) -- so beautiful!

The best dog my parents ever had while I was growing up was a mostly lab / Irish Setter mix. He was a wonderful dog. Total strangers would offer to buy him on the spot. (not for sale). He had such heart and personality! He was black with the flags on his legs and tail that the setters have. He was 1/8 Setter (or so we were told, he was a pound puppy)
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    This is not a confession and I don't care because I'm SUPER excited - my passport came in the mail today woo hoo!!!!

(For those unaware I've never left the country and I'm headed to London in August!!)

Hurray!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    The only two Irish Setters I ever knew were both beautiful but completely insane and uncontrollable. Is that a breed trait or were the two owners (quite normal, sensible people) just unlucky?
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    yesterday afternoon i had plans to take my mom to see jurassic world. yesterday we also had a massive storm that dumped tons of rain. it was still slightly raining when i left the house to meet her at the theater. of course i'm perpetually late for everything and was probably driving a smidge too fast for the road conditions.

then i started to fishtail on the four lane highway, and i completely can't pull out of it, totally lose control, the car does a full 360 spin across the two lanes of oncoming traffic and i bounce off of the opposing guardrail.

by some tiny miracle, no one was coming when i crossed lanes. if anyone had been, i probably would have killed them and myself. so i'm on the wrong side of the road facing the wrong direction. see no one coming at me head on, and drive back over to the right side of the road to a stoplight. this dude pulls up in the lane next to me and is like ARE YOU OK?!?!! i'm all shaky and say yeah, i think so. light turns green and i drive on to the theater like everything is fine.

i meet up with my mom and i'm like, i think i might have just almost died, and explain the whole thing to her and she's like... well maybe you should slow the hell down. and i say no, this was REALLY scary, and she's just like yeah, i've done it before too. slow down.

thanks mom!

confession: my mother's total lack of empathy and concern really ticks me off sometimes....

I confess I might be a lot like your mom.

THANK YOU! Not to be mean to @KylerJaye at ALL, but I seriously lack empathy. My youngest son is a drama queen, so if you ask him I'm the worst person EVER. He over-dramatizes everything and I'm more of the "suck it up, buttercup!" kind of mom. His dad would take him to the ER when he was little over a bloody nose and I, on the other hand, when he called me in the middle of the night after totaling his truck told him to just drive home. :( In my defense, I'm completely out of it if I'm woken up abruptly and incoherent. Of course, I woke up more and realized what happened and went and got him, but yeah, that's what he's had to deal with. Sorry, child!

My husband has serious back issues at times, but is also a wimp when it comes to pain. One time he needed me to help him out of bed and called me into the bedroom FOUR separate times saying he was going to get up, but then couldn't do it. Finally, I told him, "It's like ripping off a Band-Aid - just get up already!" Epic lack of empathy.

OMG, me too. My husband is a worst case scenario expert so every sniffle most certainly means ebola. He was pretty sure my insect bite was Rocky Mountain Spotted fever, too. :p It's exhausting. I just roll my eyes as discreetly as I can and tell him to go to the doctor.

I think all men are babies when they are sick...such drama queens...(sorry men of the thread)

Not my husband. He toughs out EVERYTHING, even when he's practically dying. No matter how awful he's feeling, he says he's okay. It should say something that the one time he EVER said he wasn't okay, he collapsed, became delirious, and fainted--and we ended up in the ER. His motto is always, "Pain doesn't matter. As long as it's (Whatever body part being referred to) functional, it's fine."

...He's pretty much crazy, but he's my rock. I can always depend on him to be there, even when he's sick or hurt. I really love that man. :)
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    DSC_0553.JPG

I don't if this works!

ETA: it did! This was Charlie and I at the end of our day at the zoo

this is before we set off:
    DSC_0440.JPG

Lunchtime:
    DSC_0472.JPG

this was charlie at the end of the day:
    DSC_0556.JPG

and i might be a little bit biased, but i do think he really is a beautiful kid

He is so cute!! God bless you for taking care of him so well...you are really making the difference in his life!

Charlie and you are both adorable!
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    While I am not Susie I am quite proud of my first effort in my new kitchen (which was finished in Jan but hey...it's never too late to turn on your new oven, right?). pigm5j57duuy.jpg

I don't cook very often as you can infer. :)

Sorry I missed 1000.

That looks awesome - and I am so jealous of your new kitchen. That cooktop is gorgeous so I'm sure the oven is great too :)

Thanks! I will post pics of my redone bathroom tomorrow. Before and after. I almost didn't buy this condo because of how gross they were and then it took me 9 years to get around to redoing them. I just couldn't stand it anymore. I LOVE my new ones!

Very very nice! It may be a few years until I can afford to do mine, but I'm already planning. : )
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    So, about a hundred years ago I may have mentioned that I wanted my husband to get a vasectomy. Well, it's happening and Monday's the day! I'm sure I'll be running around all day making him lots of tea and getting him fresh bags of frozen peas. I confess I'm rolling my eyes a bit though, since the latest surgery is needle-free and scalpel-free, and the doctor also prescribed him some valium as he mentioned that he's really squeamish and medical-phobic.

Oh poor thing. And he's going to have to 'clear the pipes' a lot after the surgery. POOR BABY! /end sarcasm

Men are kind of babies sometimes.... BUT congrats on convincing him to get it done! :smiley:
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm seriously considering the intermittent fasting diet. I'm clearly not getting anywhere with the old fashioned calorie counting and I'm actually getting quite desperate now. I want to book a doctors appointment but I think they will say the same thing as my mum "Why don't you join weight watchers or slimming world" Yea, I don't want to pay someone to watch me stand on a scale.

I'm also considering taking all the money I have saved for a deposit on a house and getting someone to just suck all the fat out of me.

It's all feeling very hopeless at the moment

HUGS. At the very least the doctor could check if there were something such as a thyroid issue. No one will force you to join weight watches (or whatever) if you don't want to join. More hugs!!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

Not my husband. He toughs out EVERYTHING, even when he's practically dying. No matter how awful he's feeling, he says he's okay. It should say something that the one time he EVER said he wasn't okay, he collapsed, became delirious, and fainted--and we ended up in the ER. His motto is always, "Pain doesn't matter. As long as it's (Whatever body part being referred to) functional, it's fine."

...He's pretty much crazy, but he's my rock. I can always depend on him to be there, even when he's sick or hurt. I really love that man. :)

@Susieq_1994

I want one of THOSE! Where can I find one?
    I mean my current guy is great so far(unless he has to go to the dentist), is there like a 'tough it out upgrade package' or something I can install?
  • AppleShapedBabycakes
    Options
    Confession: I was stupid enough to spend $75 on a corset and tried to waist train. Then I realized I liked breathing and stopped. I blame the kardashians
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Whew....working nights can suck sometimes because everyone else posts during the day...

@MoHousdon Your step-daughter will eventually realize how her actions affect other people but it may take a while. I am 26 and it has taken me this long to REALLY have it sink in, although, it did initially start when I was 17 in my senior year of high school.

Confession #1: It's that TOM and I have become an over eating, over emotional, train wreck. I didn't log everything I ate yesterday and I likely will not log ANYTHING today and I will just keep my workouts going and forgive myself later... :disappointed:

Confession #2: The emotional train wreck part, I have been taking my crazy emotions out on my boss(who I am dating, judge not!). I apologized to him via text and wasn't planning on seeing him until Tuesday(this morning) but I asked if I could come over today(still Monday in my mind) and he said he was good with it. I told him I was super sorry for being all 'woman crazy' as I call it and he thanked me for acknowledging how my overemotional tendencies affect him and, because I KNEW he would be so accepting about everything, I also bought him some apology beer. :smiley:

Confession #3: I have never been with someone who is so considerate and accepting of my feelings before and it terrifies me :scream: but at the same time makes me want to be a more considerate and accepting person too. :blush:

@Susieq_1994 Every time I play 'catch up' on this thread, you are on the list of top posts I look for. When you are gone you are missed VERY much. Sometimes working on yourself is the best way to worship. So, if you have to, focus on yourself a little more than your prayers. I feel Allah will be grateful that you are taking the time to care for the body he so carefully molded for you so that you can better worship and serve him in the future. I'm sure he sees your struggle and knows you will come out better for it. :smile:

It can take awhile to get the crazy out of your system. Good for you for recognizing it and talking to your boyfriend. I don't know if it will work for you, but if you want to try it, journalling works wonders for me. I just write down all my crazy stuff and shred it (b/c I don't need proof that I'm crazy). Repeat as needed.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Caught up!

We went camping this weekend and I ate EVERYTHING (did you know you can roast Pillsbury cinnamon rolls over the fire in foil? Or that you can do pizza dough from scratch as long as it's warm enough to let it rise in the sun?)

We also had my friend's dogs with us and I was in tears laughing at them when we put their puppy life jackets on to swim in the river. They have little handles on the back so you can pick them up like a suitcase...

IMG_2966_zpsdxnjug3d.jpg

IMG_2965_zpsst2ebw8f.jpg

They look hilarious. And even better is that when you hold them over the water they just start paddling in the air. If you hold them up high, they paddle slowly, but the closer you put them to the water, the faster their little legs go. So freaking cute.

I have one of those jackets for my Mastiff. She loves to swim, sinks like a brick without it. On the plus side, i have my own trolling motor in the river when I am on the float. Attach the leash and let her swim!

Oh, so cute! Large dog, though, right? How big is your Mastiff? My youngest son has a Mastiff / Boxer mix and he's like 120 lbs. I think. He's a tank. I call him "Roadblock" because he will stop abruptly right in front of you and turn around to see if you're still there. Then I either fall over him or come to a complete stand still until he decides to move again. His other dog is an Australian Blue Heeler and she's a smarty-pants. Very mischievous and smart.

Yes, she is a large dog. She is actually small size for her breed and is about the size of your Mastiff/Boxer mix. I used to have an Australian Sheperd/ Heeler mix and loved that dog. Unfortunately he ended up with my ex who didn't take good care of him.

I'm requesting pictures of all these dogs please :):) I LOVE dogs so much!!

Here is a picture of our dog Sarabi, she was put down February last year because she had pancreatic cancer which spread to her liver. :disappointed: She was 12 years old, I was 24 at the time so I had known her for half of my life.

ujf60vw9vpca.jpg

Beautiful! She looks like a sweetheart!

Ditto. Very lovely dog!
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Woo hoo! Now YOU have my permission to meet orangesmartie, Lois and girldownsouth. And I think Tubbs is from England too. As you are visiting your boyfriend not celebrating an anniversary. :)

Although I admit I will be wildly jealous.

Yes we should have an MFP confessions meet up when you're over! We're all int he south East, so getting into London isn't that difficult.

ETA: Buggered up the quotes

And so the planning begins! Take pictures!

I'm in the SE of England too :smile:

Yay!! sorry i missed you off Coastalpath :)

I suggest we do something like tea at the Ritz (or the Dorchester or...i'll find out where the kitchens are good and clean/cheap) and have our MFP afternoon tea.

Not limited to people in the South East! Any Brits who can get there (wherever) is welcome (or other visiting 'Mericans)!

I'm glad you're organising it because I can't organise a piss up in a brewery. :lol:

This made me laugh.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Leadership meeting today, dinner tonight, all day tomorrow.

I am frightened at how much I will have to catch up on when I get back.

Friends, message me if something is happening so I can check in. Or if you need a friendly chat. Or just need some sympathy. Or a kick in the butt!

Thanks Patricia!! (You really don't go by any nicknames?)

Nope. Only Patty to family and people who knew me from WI (which is very few people at this stage). The trainer at the barn started calling me POF for short a long time ago and I am ok with that as it has no connotations. So feel free to call me that. Please anyone else with this name forgive me but:

patty = child
    Pat = short, ugly, gender less
    Trish = Trish the dish (trashy big chested girl from the show one day at a time)
    Patsy = too cutesy

So Patricia it is. I really don't like the name but this is the closest I can tolerate. People in real life get offended when I insist they call me that which I find amazing. I know it's 3 syllables but tough. It's my name.

But from now on at the barn and here, I am POF. :)

So in my head I call you 'poof' - making a word out of your initials a la NASA. Is that correct or is it P O F, like FBI?