Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Thanks to a very busy weekend, I'm coming to you from page 1002. OMG, I really need to get internet at home or a bigger data plan so I can forum on my phone!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Goodness, what a weekend! This time next week, I could possibly be lying on a beautiful beach in Florida sipping a mimosa. I will be thinking of you all. :smiley:

Friday night the husband and I went to Outback for dinner. I was not thrilled about this because I didn't think I had enough calories for Outback because I always get the Alice Springs Chicken with fries. I decided to order the chicken, but subbed fries with steamed broccoli, which, if you've being paying attention at all, you'll know how incredibly difficult that decision was. I regretted not getting the fries until I tasted the broccoli, it was delicious. I ended up only eating half my dinner, and I even got to share a piece of cheesecake with my love and STILL managed a deficit. Yay, me!

Saturday, my daughter and I were going to go shopping for Father's Day, my eye appointment, and get some last minute things for our trip, but we were also going to go to the candy shop for snacks so my husband wanted to come too. We ended up going to the candy shop first which was a big success except they were out of my favorite trail mix (luckily, I still had some left over from the last visit) so I got buttered toffee pecans (holy sweet, salty, and crunchy, they are amazing), and some dried apples. He got mostly candy. :smile:

From there, we went to the mall since that's where my appointment was to kill some time, but also so I wouldn't be late. We ended up in JCP looking at dresses. Husband picked out some he wanted me to try on (his questionable taste presented itself again) but nothing worked. We met up outside in the sitting area of the mall and he asked me if I wanted to kill some more time at Helzberg, and I said sure. Long story short, we ended up looking at diamond rings and bridal sets. I didn't think we were really going to purchase anything since he said we'd do shopping in Florida. Apparently, he'd been really thinking about that and decided if we were going to get one, he wanted to get it before we went so it could be sized and everything beforehand. I tried on several rings before falling head over heals for a 1/2 ct. princess cut in white gold. It was absolutely mesmerizing. I could not quit staring at it. That's pretty much how I felt the first time I laid eyes on him. Love at first sight. Anywho, I tried on a few different guards and finally found a perfect fit. The lady sized my finger (size 5 btw, I was pretty shocked by that) and I was off to my appointment.

My appointment took maybe 20 minutes so I went to Auntie Anne's for pretzels and a DP ( I know, I was doing to so good) and then headed back to Helzberg. Well, come to find out, he bought the ring while I was at my appointment and was finishing up paperwork and stuff when I got back. I was shocked, I didn't expect to get anything finished so soon. Turns out, the ring I picked out is a VVS2 (3rd from highest quality you can get) and almost completely colorless. It is also a limited edition diamond which I didn't know either. I just knew I loved the ring. When they were telling us all the stuff about the diamond, they said I have really good taste. I said, putting my arm around Husband, "Obviously!" He blushed. It was adorable. I hope to have my ring by Thursday, but I might have to wait until after we get back from Florida.

Now for stepdaughter news.

She was a no call, no show Saturday and Sunday. She DID tag him on facebook saying Happy Father's Day and I love you, but I guess she was just too busy to come by and give him the only thing he really wanted which was some of her time. He fell asleep last night while watching TV and then woke up and asked me what time it was. I said 8 or 9, and he said, really, no way. He then pulled out his phone to check for messages. Nothing. The look on his face was so painfully sad I started crying. I told him I was sorry she didn't come by, and he said, "I can't believe she didn't come over on Father's Day." To make matters worse, Rachael told me she thought it'd be fun having a sister, but it's not. I hate that she's treating them so badly.

I'm sad because she'll never know how incredible her dad is and that she seems to have zero interest in being a part of our amazing family. If it were up to me, I'd take the car back and tell her off, but I don't want to do anything that could hurt the chances of a future relationship. What I don't understand, is she found him, he didn't seek her out, she came to him. Why would she do that if she didn't want to have anything to do with him, just his money?!

I'm heartbroken for my loves. Why did this crap have to happen a week before we leave?!

TL; DR: I AM getting a new ring, I married an incredible man, and his daughter is a selfish little twit.

Woohoo for the ring, your incredibly sweet husband and staying at a deficit while enjoying your Outback meal!! :)

Booo on the stepdaughter thing.. I mean really, something HAS TO BE DONE! Your poor husband..and your daughter too. How sad, I'm so sorry.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Goodness, what a weekend! This time next week, I could possibly be lying on a beautiful beach in Florida sipping a mimosa. I will be thinking of you all. :smiley:

TL; DR: I AM getting a new ring, I married an incredible man, and his daughter is a selfish little twit.

Awesome, awesome, and cuss words.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the congratulations. It really does mean a lot to me!! You are all SUPER GREAT!!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

Friday night the husband and I went to Outback for dinner. I was not thrilled about this because I didn't think I had enough calories for Outback because I always get the Alice Springs Chicken with fries. I decided to order the chicken, but subbed fries with steamed broccoli, which, if you've being paying attention at all, you'll know how incredibly difficult that decision was. I regretted not getting the fries until I tasted the broccoli, it was delicious. I ended up only eating half my dinner, and I even got to share a piece of cheesecake with my love and STILL managed a deficit. Yay, me!

Saturday, my daughter and I were going to go shopping for Father's Day, my eye appointment, and get some last minute things for our trip, but we were also going to go to the candy shop for snacks so my husband wanted to come too. We ended up going to the candy shop first which was a big success except they were out of my favorite trail mix (luckily, I still had some left over from the last visit) so I got buttered toffee pecans (holy sweet, salty, and crunchy, they are amazing), and some dried apples. He got mostly candy. :smile:

From there, we went to the mall since that's where my appointment was to kill some time, but also so I wouldn't be late. We ended up in JCP looking at dresses. Husband picked out some he wanted me to try on (his questionable taste presented itself again) but nothing worked. We met up outside in the sitting area of the mall and he asked me if I wanted to kill some more time at Helzberg, and I said sure. Long story short, we ended up looking at diamond rings and bridal sets. I didn't think we were really going to purchase anything since he said we'd do shopping in Florida. Apparently, he'd been really thinking about that and decided if we were going to get one, he wanted to get it before we went so it could be sized and everything beforehand. I tried on several rings before falling head over heals for a 1/2 ct. princess cut in white gold. It was absolutely mesmerizing. I could not quit staring at it. That's pretty much how I felt the first time I laid eyes on him. Love at first sight. Anywho, I tried on a few different guards and finally found a perfect fit. The lady sized my finger (size 5 btw, I was pretty shocked by that) and I was off to my appointment.

My appointment took maybe 20 minutes so I went to Auntie Anne's for pretzels and a DP ( I know, I was doing to so good) and then headed back to Helzberg. Well, come to find out, he bought the ring while I was at my appointment and was finishing up paperwork and stuff when I got back. I was shocked, I didn't expect to get anything finished so soon. Turns out, the ring I picked out is a VVS2 (3rd from highest quality you can get) and almost completely colorless. It is also a limited edition diamond which I didn't know either. I just knew I loved the ring. When they were telling us all the stuff about the diamond, they said I have really good taste. I said, putting my arm around Husband, "Obviously!" He blushed. It was adorable. I hope to have my ring by Thursday, but I might have to wait until after we get back from Florida.

She was a no call, no show Saturday and Sunday. She DID tag him on facebook saying Happy Father's Day and I love you, but I guess she was just too busy to come by and give him the only thing he really wanted which was some of her time. He fell asleep last night while watching TV and then woke up and asked me what time it was. I said 8 or 9, and he said, really, no way. He then pulled out his phone to check for messages. Nothing. The look on his face was so painfully sad I started crying. I told him I was sorry she didn't come by, and he said, "I can't believe she didn't come over on Father's Day." To make matters worse, Rachael told me she thought it'd be fun having a sister, but it's not. I hate that she's treating them so badly.

I'm sad because she'll never know how incredible her dad is and that she seems to have zero interest in being a part of our amazing family. If it were up to me, I'd take the car back and tell her off, but I don't want to do anything that could hurt the chances of a future relationship. What I don't understand, is she found him, he didn't seek her out, she came to him. Why would she do that if she didn't want to have anything to do with him, just his money?!

I'm heartbroken for my loves. Why did this crap have to happen a week before we leave?!

Congrats on the new ring!! I bet it will look fabulous on your upcoming vacation.

So sorry about the stepdaughter. It seems odd that she would go to the trouble to find him only to ignore him. Sounds like he needs to have a serious heart to heart with her and find out what she expects/wants/needs from him. He is confused by all this and your daughter is being affected too. It isn't fair to your family to have that kind of disruption.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Three cheers for a new ring!! You deserve it!!

Your step daughter is a selfish twit. Sorry your family has to go through this. You are being way more diplomatic with her than I think I could ever be. Kudos to you for taking the high road!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

Awesome, awesome, and cuss words.

EXACTLY!!! So many emotions.

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm still way behind on this thread but had to stop on page 1018 to say I love the photos, @annette_15 and @orangesmartie ! I love music festivals (but I've never been to EDC) and that stage looks amazing. And that little Charlie really is a super cute (super great?!) kid :)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    DSC_0553.JPG

I don't if this works!

ETA: it did! This was Charlie and I at the end of our day at the zoo

this is before we set off:
    DSC_0440.JPG

Lunchtime:
    DSC_0472.JPG

this was charlie at the end of the day:
    DSC_0556.JPG

and i might be a little bit biased, but i do think he really is a beautiful kid

He is absolutely adorable!!

I absolutely agree!!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

Your step daughter is a selfish twit. Sorry your family has to go through this. You are being way more diplomatic with her than I think I could ever be. Kudos to you for taking the high road!

Thank you! I honestly think that if it weren't for the timing, I wouldn't be. I also don't want to be the cause of him never having a chance at a relationship with her.

Oh, and do you remember that I said I wanted to get Husband a watch for our anniversary?! Well, he was looking at watches at the jewelry store, so I think I made the right decision. I did tell him though, I was not going to be able to spend as much on his gift as he did mine. He was okay with that. :smiley:

• xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I finally broke that 40lb loss goal today. I was stuck at 39 for what felt like forever but this morning down 2.5. I was happy I nearly cried. Over half way to my goal of 80

Yayyyyyy yayyyyy yay!!! Go you!!!!!!! I can't hit til I hit -40.
  • SleepingBeautyMarine
    SleepingBeautyMarine Posts: 11 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I log things like stretching and let myself eat back all the calories even though I know the calorie burns from MFP are ridiculous. That's for days I need a little extra flexibility, e.g. if I've gone out and had a drink or two.

My other confession is that occasionally I've had extra cals after midnight and logged them for the next day.

Me too. :-) If it's near or after midnight I put it down as breakfast or snack.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Quiz to see how well you Yanks and C'nucks understand proper British English, just in case we do all get together for a tea party one day:
    http://en.what-character-are-you.com/d/en/1041/index/5577.html

Thank God I got 15, that would have been embarrassing!
    Out of curiosity, which one's did you struggle with? It never even occurred to me people wouldn't understand some of those sayings. lol

I got them all, but I had to guess on the 'her majesty's pleasure' and 'spending a penny'. Her majesty's pleasure makes sense enough but spending a penny still makes no sense ;)

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Charlie and I have had a lovely day at the zoo, and according to my Fitbit, we've walked over 8 miles! Not bad for a two year old! If I knew how to post pics, I'd post a selfie we took.

Man I want your kid. Mine whine after half a mile.

Confession - went to Mexican for lunch, I ordered the 880 calorie taco salad knowing I wouldn't eat the tortilla shell anyway... but I did. And I stole one of the kids cheese nachos. Still enough calories for a light dinner at least.

Also bought shortcakes at Trader Joe's because I'm craving strawberry shortcake so that's my breakfast tomorrow.

We went to Disneyworld when my son had just turned eight. We walked all over the parks for five days and we kept seeing kids my son's age being pushed around in strollers. I was amazed at that, because my son hadn't complained at all. On the last day, I said something to my son about the other kids his age in strollers. He replied with, "Yeah, my legs hurt and I'm tired, but I know dad would have just told me to suck it up."

Part of me felt bad. The other part of me was really proud of him for toughing it out and learning he could go farther than he thought he could.

Good boy! Confession - I don't understand how parents can let a 8yo in a stroller. Heck when my kids turned 3 we sold ours. I tell mine to suck it up too but gosh, the whining (my daughter is the worst).

But when we went to Disneyworld I was 30 pounds heavier than now and my feet were bleeding after 2 days, and I ruined my favorite shoes so yeah... I sorta get it.
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I tried Breyers Gelato and cant say I was overly impressed. it was Raspberry Cheesecake. Now I wish I had got the cappuccino flavor cuz I love coffee ice cream. Is Breyers a poor representation of Gelato? Should I try the Talenti or is that brand about the same? I hate to waste cals on a so-so treat.

Blech. I thought it was a total waste of calories. I tried the same one as you, and haven't gone back to try others.

Confession: I don't think Talenti is that great... (don't hurt me!)

For me it depends on the flavors really... but mostly I think it's the best option for the calories. There's a local ice cream place that puts it to shame and the ice cream is super cheap too but they don't give calorie content and I'm sure it's like 300 or more per serving. But it doesn't say so I never buy it. Same for Haagen Dazs or B&J, love them, but it's much harder to fit 280 calories than 200. So... Talenti it is. It's usually worth the extra 80 calories compared to Edy's slow churned for me (although I like Edy's too).

Also want to say, Charlie is absolutely adorable.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Quiz to see how well you Yanks and C'nucks understand proper British English, just in case we do all get together for a tea party one day:
    http://en.what-character-are-you.com/d/en/1041/index/5577.html

Thank God I got 15, that would have been embarrassing!
    Out of curiosity, which one's did you struggle with? It never even occurred to me people wouldn't understand some of those sayings. lol

I got them all, but I had to guess on the 'her majesty's pleasure' and 'spending a penny'. Her majesty's pleasure makes sense enough but spending a penny still makes no sense ;)

I believe it has something to do with pay toilets??? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I missed the one that meant '6 to one, half dozen to another.' Something about swinging...
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Caught up!

We went camping this weekend and I ate EVERYTHING (did you know you can roast Pillsbury cinnamon rolls over the fire in foil? Or that you can do pizza dough from scratch as long as it's warm enough to let it rise in the sun?)

We also had my friend's dogs with us and I was in tears laughing at them when we put their puppy life jackets on to swim in the river. They have little handles on the back so you can pick them up like a suitcase...

IMG_2966_zpsdxnjug3d.jpg

IMG_2965_zpsst2ebw8f.jpg

They look hilarious. And even better is that when you hold them over the water they just start paddling in the air. If you hold them up high, they paddle slowly, but the closer you put them to the water, the faster their little legs go. So freaking cute.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options

Thank you! I honestly think that if it weren't for the timing, I wouldn't be. I also don't want to be the cause of him never having a chance at a relationship with her.

Oh, and do you remember that I said I wanted to get Husband a watch for our anniversary?! Well, he was looking at watches at the jewelry store, so I think I made the right decision. I did tell him though, I was not going to be able to spend as much on his gift as he did mine. He was okay with that. :smiley:

OMG! I can hardly wait to see your ring! Sounds exactly like what I would pick! Mine is also a princess cut but it is yellow gold. I prefer white, but whatever. No biggie there.

SO hurtful, that girl (step-daughter). I still can't completely write her off. She's got a lot of years of growing up ahead of her. Sometimes kids have NO concept or regard for their parent's feelings until they become one themselves. Otherwise, it doesn't even dawn on them what their actions are doing to others. I'm very sorry your husband was sad and I'm sure he appreciated your sympathy.

Hope you find him the perfect watch!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Thanks to a very busy weekend, I'm coming to you from page 1002. OMG, I really need to get internet at home or a bigger data plan so I can forum on my phone!

How do you live without internet at home!? I have to have wireless :)
  • Francl27
    Options

Yay for a great week end. So gutted about your step daughter though. I'd seriously smack her for you. I'm so sorry for your husband and your daughter.
  • Francl27
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Caught up!

We went camping this weekend and I ate EVERYTHING (did you know you can roast Pillsbury cinnamon rolls over the fire in foil? Or that you can do pizza dough from scratch as long as it's warm enough to let it rise in the sun?)

We also had my friend's dogs with us and I was in tears laughing at them when we put their puppy life jackets on to swim in the river. They have little handles on the back so you can pick them up like a suitcase...

IMG_2966_zpsdxnjug3d.jpg

IMG_2965_zpsst2ebw8f.jpg

They look hilarious. And even better is that when you hold them over the water they just start paddling in the air. If you hold them up high, they paddle slowly, but the closer you put them to the water, the faster their little legs go. So freaking cute.

Lol at the dogs. Hilarious.

Ok my confessions... ate too much yesterday, and almost lost it on my kids because they refused to go to the kid room at the gym this morning because there were a lot of kids there. You don't mess up my workout during Summer break, kids. Not happening. I gave in when they were 2, but they're 7 now! Sheesh. I hope they don't pull this **** every time. I pretty much closed the door on them and left, had a great workout, and they seemed happy when I picked them up.