Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Charlie and I are off to the zoo today. Last time we went, we walked 6 miles! Enjoy your day everyone!

Have a great time. I love the zoo too, and have no small children to use as an excuse. The otters, capuchins, capybaras and penguins are my favourites, but there's usually a random animal who manages to capture my heart, last time it was a very friendly zebu who came up to the fence and then followed me along when we tried to leave (we didn't manage to leave for a while).

Just go, you don't need a small child as an excusre :)
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    March 19th I went to my post op appointment after having gallbladder removed. Doc scale weighted me at 356.4lbs and I wanted to crawl into a hole and die... I downloaded the app, started tracking everything I ate... My roommates scale read me at E, so I stepped on it applying weight until I found out it went to E reading after316lbs... I avoided that scale until late April, out of the blue was curious... and there it was.... my first reading 316lbs... I jumped for joy and cried!!! Last two weeks been bouncing between 298-306lbs... but I attribute that directly to the overwhelming stress im enduring and occasionally stress eating...
    smr09012 wrote: »
    When I first started tracking I bought a scale at Walmart (because I was there) and kept getting an E reading. Found out I was too fat for the scale. I returned it the next day and when my (annoyed) fiancé asked why I was dragging him back to Walmart, I said that the scale gave me five different readings, so it must be broken.

Welcome to the thread. All you can do is keep trying, you've made amazing progress so far

Ditto. Good job and keep going
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Charlie and I have had a lovely day at the zoo, and according to my Fitbit, we've walked over 8 miles! Not bad for a two year old! If I knew how to post pics, I'd post a selfie we took.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Charlie and I have had a lovely day at the zoo, and according to my Fitbit, we've walked over 8 miles! Not bad for a two year old! If I knew how to post pics, I'd post a selfie we took.

Man I want your kid. Mine whine after half a mile.

Confession - went to Mexican for lunch, I ordered the 880 calorie taco salad knowing I wouldn't eat the tortilla shell anyway... but I did. And I stole one of the kids cheese nachos. Still enough calories for a light dinner at least.

Also bought shortcakes at Trader Joe's because I'm craving strawberry shortcake so that's my breakfast tomorrow.

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

That sounds so fun I love the zoo! I bet Charlie is a cutie! He's lucky to have such a wonderful aunt!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Confession - went to Mexican for lunch, I ordered the 880 calorie taco salad knowing I wouldn't eat the tortilla shell anyway... but I did. And I stole one of the kids cheese nachos. Still enough calories for a light dinner at least.

Also bought shortcakes at Trader Joe's because I'm craving strawberry shortcake so that's my breakfast tomorrow.

Mmm taco salad...think the brother and I are getting chipotle for dinner tonight woo hoo!!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm so glad we're only going to camp (no wifi) for tonight until tomorrow afternoon.

If we weren't I'd have to refuse or drive to find cell service since tomorrow is my 100th day and there is no way I'm not logging in. ;)

The rest of today will be s quick add calories and I'll try to figure it out tomorrow.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    When it finally comes time for a cheat meal... It some how magically turns into a cheat day... Then cheat week... And it only gets worse from there :/ Then after those awful cheat days, I decide I'll start again Monday. EVERY. DANG. TIME. Lol

I don't know if this is helpful or not (I'm still relatively new to this whole thing), but I don't do "cheat meals". If I am craving something, I just make sure it fits into my daily calorie allowance or I work out extra to make it fit. I don't view food as "good" or "bad" I just view as "good" or "gross". I hope you can get back on track. Good luck.

+1..me too! Definitely helped my "relationship" with food. If I want it, I make room for it, or balance out my calories the rest of the week!

I agree with this as well. A while back we got on the topic of Poptarts to the point that I had to go out and get some. I had one to get it out of my system. A month later i still have a few left.

I did that. i had to buy poptarts when i saw them because of this thread. I inhaled way too many and then threw the rest in a bin, just so I wouldn't eat them

I bought fudge ones, but I bought the cheap market basket brand. To my surprise they tasted a lot better. They were moist and chewy and yum. I am now afraid to buy anymore because they are the same amount of calories. :)

MARKET BASKET!! Where are you from? MA or NH? Or ME?

I'm from MA.

Oh ok, cool! I've never seen anyone in here mention Market Basket before...got a little excited that someone has heard of it and must be from around here. I grew up in NH but moved to ME three years ago because of my husband's job.

They should mention it more! It has cheap things that taste good. In my opinion at least. :)

Oh I know! That's where we do our groceries...they are much much cheaper than Hannaford and Shaws! I love Market Basket and was so sad with the whole strike last year when they were "closed" for a few months!
    And you should try their apple cinnamon version of pop tarts...LOVE!!!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

Mmm taco salad...think the brother and I are getting chipotle for dinner tonight woo hoo!!

MMMMMM.....Chipotle....
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    My previous 3 mile pr on the elliptical was 41:05, today I beat it at 40:01, but I'm mad because my goal has been to get under 40 minutes for a long time lol...dammit.
    In the body's 'defense', I would hasten to remind thee (listen to me soundin' all from-another-era -y ;) (let alone, as though a 'lawyer' representing your body-as-'defendant' (lol))... that your body just might have had its own positive-intent agenda (to benefit you, and with your best interests at heart (no cardio pun intended ;) ))... to take the requisite time to improve various aspects that are subtle, physiological, and cardiovascular in nature... and which would ultimately be 'ready to rock-n-roll', when it came time to not only establish a new pr, but to 'set the stage' for establishing the next... :)

(...and as for the :01 aspect... that was just your body 'doing its part' to ensure a jolt of additional 'oomph', for a magically inspiring elliptical session that is to take place on a different day... and could result in your 'flying' past that 40:00 threshold in a way that is 'extra memorable' (and perhaps with a gusto not unlike a gunslinger flinging open the doors of a saloon, as they make 'one hell of an entrance'... ;) ))

annette_15 wrote: »
    Anyways, EDC tomorrow and OMG I cannot contain my excitement :open_mouth: Here's a live stream if anyone wants to see what its all about https://screen.yahoo.com/live/event/edc-1
    In reading that, I suddenly found myself wondering whether my brain was failing me, or whether I happened to have missed a previous discussion regarding "EDC"... and 'witnessed' my mind suddenly scrambling to 'decipher' (as only a mind experiencing a 'crisis in comprehension' is wont to do... as it chaotically flits 'to and fro', among mental cobwebs, while silently screaming (in the confines of one's mind), "wth does that mean?!" (lol ;) ))

...and with the first word emerging 'from the fog' being... "Eclipse" (who knows why?)... and my subsequently bandying about such no-way (and goofily conjured) 'possibilities' as... "Eclipse of Dark Chocolate"... and... "Eclipse of Doily Circles" (?!) (in my mind's defense, I was visualizing a classic eclipse of celestial and planetary bodies, which are spherical in nature (and the concept of "sphere" seemed to harken "circle", which apparently triggered recollection of doilies from somewhere in the recesses of my mind (a grandmother of mine used to crochet them :) )))...

...as well as having the recently-read word "elliptical" enter the fray... and contributing to "Elliptical Destroyer Competition" :p (which I have no doubt you could kick some serious behind in, annette-o-rama :) )...

...but then, after looking it up (the almightly EDC in question, that is)... I summarily found my horizons having been expanded -- and for that, I thank you, sista! :)

Lol yeah I'll get it next time :smiley:

Happy to help, although I certainly wouldnt mind if it stood for 'Eclipse of Dark Chocolate'. That would be one hell of a festival! :wink:
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I am on p 992. Here is my most embarrasing (or perhaps a tie) moment.

My most embarrassing moment.

Once upon a time I lived in one major city and as things worked out my now ex husband and I and our then baby girl were going to move back to where I grew up. For ease of writing this I will choose a name for baby girl, Molly, (not her real name.)

The move was of a distance that would require several days of driving. My genius plan was for 6 month old Molly and I to fly ahead and ex would follow a week or so later with our belongings. It was a great plan. I researched flying with babies. I researched busy flights vs lighter flights. After all my research what I came up with was flying mid-morning mid-week. Somehow I figured that this flight would not be busy. Molly was still being breastfed at the time. I was discrete and covered but I did breastfeed as unobtrusively as possible in public. I booked two tickets on the mid-week, mid-morning flight. My plan was to put the baby car seat in the middle and sit by the window so that I had extra privacy when nursing. Molly despised the car seat and screamed every time she was placed in it so having her in the car seat on the airplane was never part of my plan.

The day started off ok. I had on a t-shirt type blouse on with jeans. I carried a light baby blanket, the diaper bag, car seat and Molly when we boarded the airplane. Here is where my plan started to unravel. I was not allowed to put the car seat in the middle so it was next to the window and Molly and I were in the middle seat. I rolled with it. I was going to make this work. Plus, the seat next to me on the aisle was empty. Just before the doors closed to the airplane a very handsome man about my age (late 20’s) in a full, dark suit sat down in the aisle seat. He was very good looking and he seemed nervous. We didn’t acknowledge each other. Molly was at the age of alertness and a beautiful baby.

The airplane started taxing down the runway. I had heard that nursing on takeoff and landing was very helpful in preventing ear pain and preventing baby Molly from crying. We started the taxi and I put Molly on the breast farthest away from my seatmate. Molly started happily nursing. The plane was about to take off when the safety announcements started with a loud hiss and squeal. Baby Molly jerked her head toward the noise. This threw off the light blanket covering her. She had not let go of my nipple when she jerked her head. In fact, there was quite a vacuum formed. So when her head jerked quickly and unexpectedly away from my body there was a loud and obvious “pop” noise as the vacuum from her mouth nursing was broken. This noise was immediately followed by a light spray of breastmilk crossing over to the arm/suit jacket of the man in the aisle seat next to me. I covered myself quickly. I watched in horror as those tiny little droplets of milk soaked into the sleeve of his suit jacket. He had not responded /moved during this but I assume he had to have noticed something. We did not make eye contact or acknowledge each other during flight. I was horrified and mortified. What do you EVEN say to some stranger you’ve inadvertently sprayed with your breastmilk?

I’ve always wondered if he knew the extent of it, it was fine droplets but how could he not? Since then I’ve come to see the humor in it, but it took me years to get there. :)

Too funny :joy: Theres no way he didnt notice hahaha
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I am on p 992. Here is my most embarrasing (or perhaps a tie) moment.

My most embarrassing moment.

Once upon a time I lived in one major city and as things worked out my now ex husband and I and our then baby girl were going to move back to where I grew up. For ease of writing this I will choose a name for baby girl, Molly, (not her real name.)

The move was of a distance that would require several days of driving. My genius plan was for 6 month old Molly and I to fly ahead and ex would follow a week or so later with our belongings. It was a great plan. I researched flying with babies. I researched busy flights vs lighter flights. After all my research what I came up with was flying mid-morning mid-week. Somehow I figured that this flight would not be busy. Molly was still being breastfed at the time. I was discrete and covered but I did breastfeed as unobtrusively as possible in public. I booked two tickets on the mid-week, mid-morning flight. My plan was to put the baby car seat in the middle and sit by the window so that I had extra privacy when nursing. Molly despised the car seat and screamed every time she was placed in it so having her in the car seat on the airplane was never part of my plan.

The day started off ok. I had on a t-shirt type blouse on with jeans. I carried a light baby blanket, the diaper bag, car seat and Molly when we boarded the airplane. Here is where my plan started to unravel. I was not allowed to put the car seat in the middle so it was next to the window and Molly and I were in the middle seat. I rolled with it. I was going to make this work. Plus, the seat next to me on the aisle was empty. Just before the doors closed to the airplane a very handsome man about my age (late 20’s) in a full, dark suit sat down in the aisle seat. He was very good looking and he seemed nervous. We didn’t acknowledge each other. Molly was at the age of alertness and a beautiful baby.

The airplane started taxing down the runway. I had heard that nursing on takeoff and landing was very helpful in preventing ear pain and preventing baby Molly from crying. We started the taxi and I put Molly on the breast farthest away from my seatmate. Molly started happily nursing. The plane was about to take off when the safety announcements started with a loud hiss and squeal. Baby Molly jerked her head toward the noise. This threw off the light blanket covering her. She had not let go of my nipple when she jerked her head. In fact, there was quite a vacuum formed. So when her head jerked quickly and unexpectedly away from my body there was a loud and obvious “pop” noise as the vacuum from her mouth nursing was broken. This noise was immediately followed by a light spray of breastmilk crossing over to the arm/suit jacket of the man in the aisle seat next to me. I covered myself quickly. I watched in horror as those tiny little droplets of milk soaked into the sleeve of his suit jacket. He had not responded /moved during this but I assume he had to have noticed something. We did not make eye contact or acknowledge each other during flight. I was horrified and mortified. What do you EVEN say to some stranger you’ve inadvertently sprayed with your breastmilk?

I’ve always wondered if he knew the extent of it, it was fine droplets but how could he not? Since then I’ve come to see the humor in it, but it took me years to get there. :)
    Awwe, that's kind of cute actually. Sorry you felt so bad - yeah, I can't imagine he didn't notice, but at least he was gentlemanly enough not to mention it. I wonder how quickly he got his suit cleaned when he got home? ;)

I travelled a lot with my daughter when she was very small, and also had an embarrassing experience on a plane. I used to take lots of extra bottles (in case of delays, re-routing, hijacks etc, ya never know...), but the first time I did it, I didn't think about the extra pressure, and so all the bottles leaked from the overhead bin onto the head of the nice man behind me. That was the same trip where I asked the stewardess if she would hold the baby while I went to the bathroom and she helpfully told me it wasn't her job to help me with my baby. I was also sat next to the largest lady on the plane, who took up half my seat too. Fortunately she was lovely and cooed and fussed over my daughter all the way, and she was the one who happily held her while I went to the loo. That was a very long 10 hour flight.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    confession: I really liked feeling slinky and lean. It bothers me that I'm not at the moment. I'm alright, I guess, I'm at a healthy weight etc, but I miss the freedom of being able to wear anything at all without a thought. I liked not having any thoughts about my body, period, other than about what it was going to do. Feel frumpy and self-conscious. Ten pounds would do it.

I understand and mostly feel the same but I have so say I enjoy being not quite lean too. Having 2-5 pounds over lean on my is well sexy. All within normal weights. But I'm slowly going leaner. Very Slowly. Upping workouts a bit and cutting back food a bit. I don't want the change to show quickly.
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Fun day!
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    I am in and out. Probably out most of the rest of the weekend in a little while
  • keyki242
    keyki242 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I wear spanx all the time. I never leave the house without something to keep my tummy held in. :(

I do this too!!!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    confession: I really liked feeling slinky and lean. It bothers me that I'm not at the moment. I'm alright, I guess, I'm at a healthy weight etc, but I miss the freedom of being able to wear anything at all without a thought. I liked not having any thoughts about my body, period, other than about what it was going to do. Feel frumpy and self-conscious. Ten pounds would do it.
    Yeah, it's amazing the difference that 10lbs can make.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I confess I like those slow week ends when I'm actually busy because there is only a couple posts to catch up.

I might have cried a little during Inside Out.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Confession; I made a Chocolate Guinness cake this evening for my dad for fathers day, and I may have had a tablespoon of the chocolatey battery goodness...and licked the mixing spoon after (old habits die hard and all that, I very rarely bake so at least its not a regular thing?). In my defence, you have to taste test your own cooking right? :D
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    trvlpk wrote: »
    I don't know how to eat "healthy" and do not know what good nutrition means. :/ Also, I am a compulsive overeater/food addict that is finding it very hard to find recovery.

Stick around. Ask questions. Try to take a 1/2 hr walk every day. Enter your stats into the tracker, and try your best to log everything. I know it seems overwhelming at first; it does take some time to get used to it.

But it works.