Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am going to make those buttermilk donuts today that was posted earlier. I will let you guys know how they turn out. I'm going to dip them in chocolate ganache and put sprinkles on them. I am my own worst enemy but I will count all the calories :smile:

they turned out pretty good since it was only the second time I have deep fried anything (the first time I made donuts my oil was not nearly hot enough). I think I may have added 1) too much flour or 2) I over mixed it because they are a bit chewy rather than light and fluffy but they still are really good.

1rd4scfuvyyl.jpg

Those look great! Love the sprinkles :) These doughnuts tend to be a bit denser and more cake-like; the light and fluffy ones are the yeast-based doughnuts. I'm glad you liked them though.
  • faithyang
    faithyang Posts: 297 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have been overestimating the kcal of my coffee. I was assuming it contained 100 kcal but today I calculated everything in detail and it's just 40 kcal. Ugh 60 kcal of food missed :D

Don't you hate that! Food get in MAH belly! I also agree with what Franc has said about weighing a protein bar & finding out it has around 30-40 more calories than it should. Today I weighed my Quest bar & it weighed 70 grams instead of 60 which I am not going to complain since it's Quest & more Quest isn't a bad thing, but I can see how it can screw up someone's day if everything weighs more than what it should.

I confess that today I went to Wal-Mart to grab some groceries & was pleasantly surprised that they have started to carry a bit more healthy/organic/vegetarian meals. I bought a few Evol frozen meals I haven't tried before & around six Amy's frozen burritos (I wish they had Red's brand but oh well). I also bought some more diet soda since I can't live without my Diet Mountain Dew. Oh Diet Mountain Dew how I love you so. I bought another package of Oreos not that I need anymore since I bought the new S'Mores, Mega Stuf, & Reese's Peanut Butter ones on Sunday. This time I got the Lemon Oreos & was surprised that they actually have a pleasant lemon taste. To round out the shopping trip I got Breyer's Golden Oreo ice cream (I haven't had that one in ages) & their Raspberry Cheesecake flavor. For those that are lactose intolerant I noticed my local Wal-Mart has the new Silk Cashew ice cream flavors & some of the flavors seem pretty good. If they would've had the Snickerdoodle one I would've bought that too.

http://www.onsecondscoop.com/2015/05/so-delicious-cashew-milk-frozen-desserts.html

OMG. Don't even get me started on Walmart. When I visited the US for a short stint I had the distinct pleasure/nightmare (subjective) of going to Walmart and a couple of other popular department/supermarket chains. I was blown away by:

1. The size of US portions
    2. The size of US supermarkets
    3. The size of US products
    4. The price --> THE STUFF IS SO CHEAP

It makes perfect sense why losing weight in the US is so hard! Huge, massive azz portions + cheap prices = too easy to overconsume, difficult to maintain portion/self-control as we tend to eyeball things!

Not to mention the availability of food, pastries, sugary stuff, junk - everywhere! In pharmacies (it boggles my mind how a 'health' place can hawk junk food and cigarettes), in gas stations, vending machines filled with junk food and sugary drinks in schools, cheap and available gourmet and restaurant/cafe food everywhere in large portions...buffets everywhere for cheap.

I ended up gaining 2kg, and a noticeable paunch around my waist despite making the effort to exercise 5 times a day!

I found it so hard to not buy 10 varieties of Oreos ('reduced fat' oreos and 'sugar-free' chocolates were the laughs of the week for me! :smiley: ) in one visit, and omg the varety of Pringles, chips and ice creams for cheap + the size of them...crazy! I ended up hoarding so. much. food. But I couldn't bring myself to finish them all. I think I just ended up finishing a can of Pringles together with my SO.

To give you an example of what I mean by cheap: Where I live a Ben & Jerry's pint is US$12-13. When I was in the US it was between US$3-5.

• smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I am going to make those buttermilk donuts today that was posted earlier. I will let you guys know how they turn out. I'm going to dip them in chocolate ganache and put sprinkles on them. I am my own worst enemy but I will count all the calories :smile:

they turned out pretty good since it was only the second time I have deep fried anything (the first time I made donuts my oil was not nearly hot enough). I think I may have added 1) too much flour or 2) I over mixed it because they are a bit chewy rather than light and fluffy but they still are really good.

1rd4scfuvyyl.jpg

Those look great! Love the sprinkles :) These doughnuts tend to be a bit denser and more cake-like; the light and fluffy ones are the yeast-based doughnuts. I'm glad you liked them though.

Good to know! Sometimes I get a bit excited with my mixer and have over-mixed things before so I am glad to know they are supposed be a bit denser.

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

1rd4scfuvyyl.jpg
    These donuts look pretty neat!

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    faithyang wrote: »
    nityamish wrote: »
    I was too tired to work out for past two weeks, so I stopped eating at all during day. Continued to eat light dinner. Felt horrible and disgusted with myself when I fell sick due to my stupidity. :( Started a new workout schedule from today though and feeling better already.

Ack. I'm with you on that. I work out without fail every. single. day. on schedule. More because it fulfills my OCD than anything and I end up feeling really good and 'complete'. The past one week I sustained a foot injury and was out-of-order for a week. Absolute torture as I couldn't even walk. :( Yesterday I thought oh goodie the pain is gone, time for a run. Went for a low-impact jog so I wouldn't go too hard. BAM. Foot injury back. I swore I wouldn't go awol from fitness again so I hit the ellipticals and tomorrow will be the exercise bike. But I swear nothing feels as good as running does, it feels like I haven't worked out at all!

I reckon its the OCD speaking in us!
    I'm right there with you on missing running. I suffered a groin pull in my last half and have been doing the elliptical/bike/walking for the past week. I'm going to try running again on Wednesday, I hope it's better because I have another half-marathon on Saturday! Eek! I think even if it's not as good as it could be, I"m still going to run it. :grimace:
    I haven't tried running since January 15th.

My physical therapist asked me about it last week but the ortho that did my surgeries said he wanted me to hold off until my next appointment in July. I missed the rest of winter. :disappointed:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I kinda miss running too. Was just really getting into it and I messed up my foot. Now anything too intense or too much impact and it hurts.

Love all the pets pictures!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    So today is my daughter's 3rd birthday, and I've been an emotional roller coaster all day. I'm not ready to accept that my baby's not so much of a baby anymore, and I've been stuffing my face all day. I'm gonna need time to slow down and quick! :'(:'(
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I have been overestimating the kcal of my coffee. I was assuming it contained 100 kcal but today I calculated everything in detail and it's just 40 kcal. Ugh 60 kcal of food missed :D

Don't you hate that! Food get in MAH belly! I also agree with what Franc has said about weighing a protein bar & finding out it has around 30-40 more calories than it should. Today I weighed my Quest bar & it weighed 70 grams instead of 60 which I am not going to complain since it's Quest & more Quest isn't a bad thing, but I can see how it can screw up someone's day if everything weighs more than what it should.

I confess that today I went to Wal-Mart to grab some groceries & was pleasantly surprised that they have started to carry a bit more healthy/organic/vegetarian meals. I bought a few Evol frozen meals I haven't tried before & around six Amy's frozen burritos (I wish they had Red's brand but oh well). I also bought some more diet soda since I can't live without my Diet Mountain Dew. Oh Diet Mountain Dew how I love you so. I bought another package of Oreos not that I need anymore since I bought the new S'Mores, Mega Stuf, & Reese's Peanut Butter ones on Sunday. This time I got the Lemon Oreos & was surprised that they actually have a pleasant lemon taste. To round out the shopping trip I got Breyer's Golden Oreo ice cream (I haven't had that one in ages) & their Raspberry Cheesecake flavor. For those that are lactose intolerant I noticed my local Wal-Mart has the new Silk Cashew ice cream flavors & some of the flavors seem pretty good. If they would've had the Snickerdoodle one I would've bought that too.

http://www.onsecondscoop.com/2015/05/so-delicious-cashew-milk-frozen-desserts.html

OMG. Don't even get me started on Walmart. When I visited the US for a short stint I had the distinct pleasure/nightmare (subjective) of going to Walmart and a couple of other popular department/supermarket chains. I was blown away by:

1. The size of US portions
    2. The size of US supermarkets
    3. The size of US products
    4. The price --> THE STUFF IS SO CHEAP

I live in an area without a massive Walmart, so I never go there. I do go to what I'd consider large supermarkets, specifically Jewel (which is local), TJ's, WF's, and Marianos. Around Christmas I was visiting my parents and went to a Walmart for the first time in years, as well as some other discount supermarket near them (can't recall the same), and was overwhelmed by how ridiculously large it was. I honestly don't think I'd ever buy anything, because it took forever to find stuff. In mine it's just in and out, usually on the way home from the L.

(In theory I should join out local Costco, which is large and has huge sizes of stuff, as well as good prices on some food things.)

I think because of living in the city and doing a large part of my shopping at the farmer's market/my CSA and ignoring a huge number of the aisles in even my own smaller stores I may not fully understand the US shopping experience in some ways, or at least can say it varies a lot.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

1rd4scfuvyyl.jpg

:open_mouth: those look awesome!

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Thanks @LBuehrle8! I'm a primarily dog person, too. Wilbur's a rescue of unknown origin, but the vet thinks he's a Boxer/Great Dane mix. He is the sweetest boy with a cute under bite that pokes out sometimes :)foa69us6j5xr.jpg

He's so precious!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I blew off everything I was going to do yesterday to knit. Finished one project, now I'm itching to start the next one. Going to try to force myself to get stuff done first...but I don't wanna.

I pretty much blew off Sunday to crochet. It didn't help that it rained all day! (It did stop long enough for me to walk the dog.)

Today, I rode my bike 46 miles. I think that might cover the calories I consumed in alcohol and other goodies yesterday and today. (Mocha frappuccino works like chocolate milk for recovery, right?)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Ah we're getting close to being put on the 2nd page! No this will not happen!

I don't want to go back to work tomorrow after a great three day weekend :(
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    For those of you who love cute kitty pictures, here's one of my sister's doll-faced persian when he was an itty bitty kitten.

fpxbj63hcf8h.jpg

Today on my way to work I went by a shop that had a black kitty laying next to the mannequins at the widow. I paused to look at it and it meowed loudly at me. I wanted to pet it so bad!
  • Edison563
    Edison563 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    For those of you who love cute kitty pictures, here's one of my sister's doll-faced persian when he was an itty bitty kitten.

fpxbj63hcf8h.jpg

Today on my way to work I went by a shop that had a black kitty laying next to the mannequins at the widow. I paused to look at it and it meowed loudly at me. I wanted to pet it so bad!

Holy cute
  • faithyang
    Options
    I was too tired to work out for past two weeks, so I stopped eating at all during day. Continued to eat light dinner. Felt horrible and disgusted with myself when I fell sick due to my stupidity. :( Started a new workout schedule from today though and feeling better already.

Ack. I'm with you on that. I work out without fail every. single. day. on schedule. More because it fulfills my OCD than anything and I end up feeling really good and 'complete'. The past one week I sustained a foot injury and was out-of-order for a week. Absolute torture as I couldn't even walk. :( Yesterday I thought oh goodie the pain is gone, time for a run. Went for a low-impact jog so I wouldn't go too hard. BAM. Foot injury back. I swore I wouldn't go awol from fitness again so I hit the ellipticals and tomorrow will be the exercise bike. But I swear nothing feels as good as running does, it feels like I haven't worked out at all!

I'm right there with you on missing running. I suffered a groin pull in my last half and have been doing the elliptical/bike/walking for the past week. I'm going to try running again on Wednesday, I hope it's better because I have another half-marathon on Saturday! Eek! I think even if it's not as good as it could be, I"m still going to run it. :grimace:

Omg - was it torture on the elliptical/bike? It was absolute torture for me - I like running because it feels productive. I feel like I'm actually getting somewhere, and plus the combination of wind/scenery/nature really motivates me and puts me in such an amazing mood/high. When I was on the elliptical I felt like I was making cheese or something...kept plugging away...but no cheesy end product to snack on. lol

You have a groin pull and you're still going for a half marathon? Wow, hats off! Best of luck with the marathon but don't overexert yourself or you'll risk ending up out-of-action for the next 6 months or something if you pull anything else! :no_mouth:

• faithyang
    Options

Omg - was it torture on the elliptical/bike? It was absolute torture for me - I like running because it feels productive. I feel like I'm actually getting somewhere, and plus the combination of wind/scenery/nature really motivates me and puts me in such an amazing mood/high. When I was on the elliptical I felt like I was making cheese or something...kept plugging away...but no cheesy end product to snack on. lol

You have a groin pull and you're still going for a half marathon? Wow, hats off! Best of luck with the marathon but don't overexert yourself or you'll risk ending up out-of-action for the next 6 months or something if you pull anything else! :no_mouth:

• faithyang
    Options

• faithyang
    edited May 2015
    Options

I haven't tried running since January 15th.

My physical therapist asked me about it last week but the ortho that did my surgeries said he wanted me to hold off until my next appointment in July. I missed the rest of winter. :disappointed:

@spacequiztime & @Francl27 - I can totally relate. Sports injuries suck. They just throw a damper on all that hard work and discipline put into working out. You WANT to go for a good run but your feet/bits and bobs are all wonky and hurt. :neutral:
  • faithyang
    Options

1rd4scfuvyyl.jpg

WOW. That looks amazing! :smiley:
  • Edison563
    Edison563 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Y'all are making me hungry :o