Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I am going to make those buttermilk donuts today that was posted earlier. I will let you guys know how they turn out. I'm going to dip them in chocolate ganache and put sprinkles on them. I am my own worst enemy but I will count all the calories :smile:
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I ate almost 1500 calories worth of cookies yesterday. :disappointed: They tasted really good, but I didn't feel well by the end of the day.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I am going to make those buttermilk donuts today that was posted earlier. I will let you guys know how they turn out. I'm going to dip them in chocolate ganache and put sprinkles on them. I am my own worst enemy but I will count all the calories :smile:

Oh god that sounds amazing! Good luck and take some pictures! I wish I was as adventurous as all y'all on here when it comes to cooking/baking! I haven't a clue when it comes to most of that stuff :#
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    My elder son lives in Brooklyn and works in Manhattan, he is always trying new things. I'll ask him for some recommendations for you.

My DOH! would recommend Carnegie Deli but only if you are keen on a pound of corned beef.

Oh thanks that'd be great :)
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Just make sure you get a New York style pizza- Ahhh my mouth is watering thinking of all he great food the city has to offer! I hope you have a blast!!

Mmm pizza.. I will definitely be doing that! I've also been told to get a chicken kebab from one of the food trucks aha and I really want a lobster roll. Can't even imagine the amount of calories I am gonna consume. Thankyou!

A few people on MFP have mentioned there are a lot of awesome bakeries & gelato/ice cream destinations in New York.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/forkintheroad/2012/07/10_best_gelatos.php

http://www.gayot.com/restaurants/best-newyork-ny-top10-bakeries_1ny.html

If you like to thrift store shop then visit www.thethriftshopper.com to find out where they're located in NYC. I bet you could find a lot of treasures in some of the locations, but I would bet the prices will be a bit higher since they're in NYC.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

Oh god that sounds amazing! Good luck and take some pictures! I wish I was as adventurous as all y'all on here when it comes to cooking/baking! I haven't a clue when it comes to most of that stuff :#

Baking requires strictly following the directions or things can go very wrong. Cooking is just finding what you think sounds good together and experimenting. I love both.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I have been overestimating the kcal of my coffee. I was assuming it contained 100 kcal but today I calculated everything in detail and it's just 40 kcal. Ugh 60 kcal of food missed :D

Don't you hate that! Food get in MAH belly! I also agree with what Franc has said about weighing a protein bar & finding out it has around 30-40 more calories than it should. Today I weighed my Quest bar & it weighed 70 grams instead of 60 which I am not going to complain since it's Quest & more Quest isn't a bad thing, but I can see how it can screw up someone's day if everything weighs more than what it should.

I confess that today I went to Wal-Mart to grab some groceries & was pleasantly surprised that they have started to carry a bit more healthy/organic/vegetarian meals. I bought a few Evol frozen meals I haven't tried before & around six Amy's frozen burritos (I wish they had Red's brand but oh well). I also bought some more diet soda since I can't live without my Diet Mountain Dew. Oh Diet Mountain Dew how I love you so. I bought another package of Oreos not that I need anymore since I bought the new S'Mores, Mega Stuf, & Reese's Peanut Butter ones on Sunday. This time I got the Lemon Oreos & was surprised that they actually have a pleasant lemon taste. To round out the shopping trip I got Breyer's Golden Oreo ice cream (I haven't had that one in ages) & their Raspberry Cheesecake flavor. For those that are lactose intolerant I noticed my local Wal-Mart has the new Silk Cashew ice cream flavors & some of the flavors seem pretty good. If they would've had the Snickerdoodle one I would've bought that too.

http://www.onsecondscoop.com/2015/05/so-delicious-cashew-milk-frozen-desserts.html
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

Baking requires strictly following the directions or things can go very wrong. Cooking is just finding what you think sounds good together and experimenting. I love both.

That's exactly what I always tell people! Experimenting in baking works by a VERY small margin (working within wet to dry ratios, for example) before you get a big ole disaster on your hands. ;) I am in love with both cooking and baking, but I find baking more "creatively" challenging (since I LOVE to experiment) so I enjoy it more. :) I've had tons of fails but a few really awesome wins!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I didn't log at all this weekend and I ate SO MUCH FOOD!

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

Never mind letting us know how they turn out... just let me know when they're READY, I'll be on your doorstep. :)
  • ksousa2
    ksousa2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm working on my squat depth at the gym. To help me with this, my PT set up a box that my bum has to hit. Unfortunately, whenever my bum hit the box... it sounded like I was farting :( Could have died.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

This is why I love cooking and enjoy baking only on rare occasions.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I cook more than I bake, simply because if I bake...I might not be able to control myself. haha.

Yesterday I did make a Sopapilla cheesecake that turned out amazingly. My family ate it up! I left two pieces for my parents and took two for myself. I did adjust the recipe by using lower calorie items and nixing the sugar for truvia. And using a tablespoon of butter rather than a quarter cup. It was so good!
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Just been playing cat-ch up. :wink:

These are my two boys, they don't really have proper names. They are called black cat and ginge. :blush:

x6r6533aap0t.jpg

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    My goal is to catch up today. :):)
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I have a fascination with calendars. I love them. I always have multiple calendars up. I think they appeal to me because I have a short attention span, so I get a new picture every month. I get excited when it's "new calendar day". I tell my dog when it's new calendar day, but she doesn't seem to care. :disappointed:

Yay, I'm not the only one. I have five calendars at the moment (three are in my room, one in the bathroom and one by the computer). One is a black cat calendar and I always tell my black cat about the new picture.

kecmw25 wrote: »
    My new manager is starting Tuesday and I have to give the New Hire Orientation. I hate doing it, hate hate hate public speaking! I'm torn between doing a crappy job so I never get asked to do it again and trying harder than usual to impress the new boss.

I'm right there with you on this one. Whenever my manager is out I have to help with her part of the new hire presentation. I always get nervous during it and forget what I'm saying at least once. Hate it!

He was so cute when he was a little kitty! -
    Now he's a big beast!

AWW. So cute! I wish I could have seen my Lovey as a kitten.

MoHousdon wrote: »
    I love fat cats. And I can't take 100% full responsibility for coming up with this nickname. My husband and I used to watch King of Queens and there was an episode where Dough (Kevin James's character) was called Fatty McButter Pants by some kid and that cued him into the fact that he was overweight. Or something along those lines. Ever since that episode, Owen was coined with that moniker. It was very fitting. No pun intended. :smiley:

Awesome. I love King of Queens and I was wondering if that was where you got that name. :)

That was supposed to say Doug but my phone changed it. :/

• festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    I hope everyone who has the long weekend is enjoying it! I want to hear stories about what you guys got up to so I can live vicariously through them.

I went to a birthday party yesterday, had hotdogs, pulled pork, chicken dip, cake ice cream and more beer than I should have. Then did a Glow Run where I work with my mom, wife, daughter and niece.

Today I put a brisket on the smoker at 8am and as of right now it's almost up to temperature. Stoked up a fire around 10am and did steaks for lunch and have had a few adult beverages since then while taking care of some yard work and now I'm just chilling by the fire waiting for the brisket to finish.

IMG_20150525_151128252_zpsyzjajosw.jpg
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options

A few people on MFP have mentioned there are a lot of awesome bakeries & gelato/ice cream destinations in New York.

If you like to thrift store shop then visit www.thethriftshopper.com to find out where they're located in NYC. I bet you could find a lot of treasures in some of the locations, but I would bet the prices will be a bit higher since they're in NYC.

Thanks for the links! I've bookmarked them and now I've got a wicked craving for gelato :p

Join the club! Along with so many beers.. I keep vowing to make the switch to gin and slimline tonic but I've just discovered I can get Brooklyn Lager here and I absolutely love it. I miss the days I used to think beer/lager was gross. It's so funny how your tastebuds change as you get older.

• noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    paulaviki wrote: »

These are my two boys, they don't really have proper names. They are called black cat and ginge. :blush:

x6r6533aap0t.jpg

Awww kitties! They are adorable. Ginger cats are my favourite <3
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    paulaviki wrote: »

x6r6533aap0t.jpg

Aw! I'm loving all the pet pictures on this thread! They make me so happy!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I'm posting from work. I'm also a little drunk.
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Thanks for the links! I've bookmarked them and now I've got a wicked craving for gelato :p

Join the club! Along with so many beers.. I keep vowing to make the switch to gin and slimline tonic but I've just discovered I can get Brooklyn Lager here and I absolutely love it. I miss the days I used to think beer/lager was gross. It's so funny how your tastebuds change as you get older.

Have you tried tequilla with plenty of freshly squeezed lime juice and slimline tonic? It tastes amazing - I was g&t fan for many years but slimline tonic kind of killed that a bit, but with tequilla and lime it's just so tasty