Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    I confess that when I start reading posts/stories about people struggling to pay for college, or when I see a post/story about some huge medical bill or substandard medical care because insurance, I get my judgey pants on. People should be able to go to university, regardless of background. People should be able to get access to medical care without having to have a certain type of insurance. People should be able to go to school, work, the freaking ice rink, without having to worry about being shot. Why is this so hard?

/rant also because getting judgey about a whole other country is a bit silly.

Hey preach I'm with you and I live in that country! It's hard as there are things I love and then things I really really dislike :/ but all in all can't say I'm not proud to be an American :D

Ok, I totally read that wrong and was totally disappointed at first. Glad it didn't say what I originally read.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My confession is I have stretch marks literally ALL over my body. I have them on my boobs, stomach, thighs, and all over my back. Never pregnant, just formerly morbidly obese. I know stretch marks are normal but when they cover the majority of your body, it's a little overwhelming to accept that. I never took care of myself/my body as a teenager and unfortunately I can't do anything about the damage that has been done. What a great wish it would be to be able to go back in time and have a second chance with your body. I wish I knew then what I know now...but what can ya do? I am only 22 and I feel as if my body is just ruined. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin, it's honestly a very sad situation. You only get one body, and I messed mine up, there's no turning back really. As you can tell I have a lot of regrets. I also deal with loose skin but that's a whole other story on it's own. Hopefully at some point in my life I will feel better about my body and learn to accept it as who I am, but that hasn't happened yet.

Unfortunately, this is me as well. I do have some hope that the stretch marks will fade away and the skin will tighten up, because I'm only twenty. Twenty two isn't much older, so why give up hope? :)

SusieQ, I had no idea you were only 20!!! (Sorry if the 'only' sounds condescending, not intended. I am literally twice your age ;) ) Have you been married very long?
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    When I worked as a youth counselor at a wilderness boarding school we sometimes had rice with sugar and butter for breakfast and the girls called it "Poor boy cereal"..I was not a fan personally.

You people putting sugar on your rice are monsters.

Confession: There were times when I was super broke where rice with barbecue sauce was dinner. Still would.

As a broke newlywed, I made Hamburger Helper without any hamburger or milk. Blech. Gosh, that was 1996. I haven't bought Hamburger Helper in at least 14(?) years. The thought of eating it now....disgusting. :s

As a broke kid, we ate tuna and rice for at least one year non-stop, because my mom couldn't afford to feed us anything else. I still pretty much hate tuna and rice.

Then, when we had a slight step up, it progressed to macaroni covered in Chicken Tonight sauce, with not a chicken bit in sight. Every. Single. Day. Just thinking about that horrible combination still makes me sick. That stuff was not made to be put on macaroni! :s
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I'm really excited today that my face is feeling better!! I'm going to eat all my crunchy veggies I packed for lunch-I've missed them.

The first thing I do in the morning is check this thread - it keeps me logging in.

Then I go see how much spam I can kill - three threads this morning.

Then I go read other things always watching for new posts in here.
    Glad your face is better - do you have to see the dentist again?

I actually saw the doctor as all the dentist was going to do was prescribe antibiotics and wait for the infection to go away. The doctor is free, the dentist not so much. Plus I have to find a new dentist, mine retired.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Confession: I ate nearly 4000 calories yesterday. Mostly in bread and cookies. Ugh.

Anyhow, it's prayer time and the fast has started--I'm off to pray and then maybe get some sleep (I hope).

@ndj1979 True and true, but that's okay. We don't mind being wrong when it feels so right. :smiley: Although there are quite a lot of confessions in these 959 pages, if you care to browse for them.

eh - my confession - not sure how this would be helpful to newbies as it appears to be a collection of gifs, notes on tv series, and other things, while I am sure are fun to discuss, I fail to see their utility to someone new to weight loss.

I think it's here in the General section because a lot of people feel free to ask questions in here that often get blasted into dumpster fire threads under normal circumstances. A bit like the restaurant-related questions you mentioned in that post of yours... The forums are a scary place for newbies. The "No judgment" in the topic line seems to attract a lot of them, actually.

What you see right now isn't what the thread is like all the time--it's actually evolving constantly since it's so active. Since a lot of us have been here from the beginning, we do often just chit chat all together, but confessions and questions still pour in a lot.

422 new? Wow, looks like we strayed into the Neutral Zone there for awhile...

The above retty much sums it up! Well done, Susieq.

This is the only thread I post in (besides a 100% challenge that I run) for basically the exact reasons stated above. (Love the bolded part.)

Thank you. :)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    When it finally comes time for a cheat meal... It some how magically turns into a cheat day... Then cheat week... And it only gets worse from there :/ Then after those awful cheat days, I decide I'll start again Monday. EVERY. DANG. TIME. Lol

I don't know if this is helpful or not (I'm still relatively new to this whole thing), but I don't do "cheat meals". If I am craving something, I just make sure it fits into my daily calorie allowance or I work out extra to make it fit. I don't view food as "good" or "bad" I just view as "good" or "gross". I hope you can get back on track. Good luck.
    Yes, this is my approach these days too. I used to be either 'on' or 'off' my diet, usually off. I'd start on a Monday morning, all gung-ho, I WILL LOSE ALL THE WEIGHT!! and by Tuesday at 11am I'd be eating donuts dipped in sour cream with a side of chocolate drizzled bacon or something. Try to stop the binge as soon as you can. If you have a big lunch, try to have a leaner dinner, and don't let the binge run into the next day. I know it can be easier said than done, but if you can change your mindset from either 'on' or 'off' your 'diet' to just 'food as fuel' it will really help in the long run.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Can I just say how awesome this thread has become?

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.

Super great.

I think it's become the thread motto, and I love it. <3

You guys will appreciate this. I went to immediate care last night to get a crazy insect bite on my knee checked out. The doc came into the room and asked me how I was, and without even thinking, I said, "super great". And then I just chuckled to myself for the rest of the appointment. LOL

<3
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.

Super great.

Someone should change the picture in the group to the Super Great shark. It's currently... Sunflowers? Is that thing actually changeable or is it always like that?
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I confess that I'm pretty irritated that I took a new profile pic 3 days ago & it still isn't showing up as my avatar....anyone know if I'm missing a setting or something? I already made it my "main" pic.

I had that happen once, too. I reloaded from a desktop and then it worked.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Hello all,

I've been lurking since page 1... wasn't planning to post was just enjoying the confessions. Then the thread went on, and on, and on, and I never felt it was the right opportunity to post anything. Just wanted to say that there are probably lots of us who enjoy this thread, who empathise, who find it interesting, who laugh and cry along with everyone else, and might not post a lot but thoroughly enjoyed it, and hopefully will continue to do so.

My confession (I feel the need to contribute at least once) is that I skipped breakfast today so I could go for a waffle and ice-cream for lunch and I also have a take-away curry for dinner tonight. I use CICO when it suits me!

I am in maintenance at the moment as I have started NROLFW and am enjoying eating all the foods now, but this is the first time I've had ice-cream for lunch and I have no regrets!

Welcome! I love it when long-time lurkers appear! Sounds like you have CICO figured out. Am jealous of your curry.
    Also, I spent many happy summer days at Hayling Island as a child - what a lovely place to live!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Ok, major confession here. I found this bedding set and bought it - ex-display $80 instead of $240. I love it (YES IT'S JESSICA SIMPSON I DON'T CARE), but it's in the spare room closet hidden from my husband. I bought it for the camper that we don't own yet, that he doesn't want yet (really only because the timing's not right and he's too busy to care) but that I'm desperate for. Is that bad? I'm such a brat.
    9qjnco1r0eni.jpg

I have a Jessica Simpson coat. It's really cute, olive green pea coat. But something about it being from the Jessica Simpson line does make me feel a little embarrassed for some reason. :D

I felt a little embarrassed wearing her jeans/jeggings, but they were cute.

My mom has bought a few of her handbags at TJMAXX.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

Super great.

You guys will appreciate this. I went to immediate care last night to get a crazy insect bite on my knee checked out. The doc came into the room and asked me how I was, and without even thinking, I said, "super great". And then I just chuckled to myself for the rest of the appointment. LOL

He was probably like, "Well, I guess that's good." This made me smile. :smiley: <---See?!
    Me too!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    ciaraos27 wrote: »
    If I'm quite stressed out I can get an upset stomach and that leads me to binging on all sorts of unhealthy things as I feel sorry for myself and comfort eat. I've been in this cycle this week so didn't log anything. Finally took action to log todays binge, at least :o Yikes...

I guess that has stopped me...for now!

Glad you found something that stopped you. Hopefully, you can catch it earlier next time! You can do this!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    I confess that I'm pretty irritated that I took a new profile pic 3 days ago & it still isn't showing up as my avatar....anyone know if I'm missing a setting or something? I already made it my "main" pic.

Try removing it and setting it again. Sometimes the profile pics act iffy.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    My confession is I have stretch marks literally ALL over my body. I have them on my boobs, stomach, thighs, and all over my back. Never pregnant, just formerly morbidly obese. I know stretch marks are normal but when they cover the majority of your body, it's a little overwhelming to accept that. I never took care of myself/my body as a teenager and unfortunately I can't do anything about the damage that has been done. What a great wish it would be to be able to go back in time and have a second chance with your body. I wish I knew then what I know now...but what can ya do? I am only 22 and I feel as if my body is just ruined. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin, it's honestly a very sad situation. You only get one body, and I messed mine up, there's no turning back really. As you can tell I have a lot of regrets. I also deal with loose skin but that's a whole other story on it's own. Hopefully at some point in my life I will feel better about my body and learn to accept it as who I am, but that hasn't happened yet.

Unfortunately, this is me as well. I do have some hope that the stretch marks will fade away and the skin will tighten up, because I'm only twenty. Twenty two isn't much older, so why give up hope? :)

SusieQ, I had no idea you were only 20!!! (Sorry if the 'only' sounds condescending, not intended. I am literally twice your age ;) ) Have you been married very long?

I guess she was from the 1994 in her handle...are you turning the big 2-1 this year?!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Confession: I ate nearly 4000 calories yesterday. Mostly in bread and cookies. Ugh.

Anyhow, it's prayer time and the fast has started--I'm off to pray and then maybe get some sleep (I hope).

@ndj1979 True and true, but that's okay. We don't mind being wrong when it feels so right. :smiley: Although there are quite a lot of confessions in these 959 pages, if you care to browse for them.

eh - my confession - not sure how this would be helpful to newbies as it appears to be a collection of gifs, notes on tv series, and other things, while I am sure are fun to discuss, I fail to see their utility to someone new to weight loss.

I think it's here in the General section because a lot of people feel free to ask questions in here that often get blasted into dumpster fire threads under normal circumstances. A bit like the restaurant-related questions you mentioned in that post of yours... The forums are a scary place for newbies. The "No judgment" in the topic line seems to attract a lot of them, actually.

What you see right now isn't what the thread is like all the time--it's actually evolving constantly since it's so active. Since a lot of us have been here from the beginning, we do often just chit chat all together, but confessions and questions still pour in a lot.
    Agreed. And since this is a really supportive, safe zone, I honestly think a lot of people have been helped back from the verge of falling off the wagon by discussing their struggles here. Or had a helping hand back on when they have fallen. To be honest, I don't really care where this thread is, as long as it doesn't get nuked.

Same here, which is why I do kind of wonder why everyone jumps on the posters who dare to ask why it's in this particular section. Wouldn't it make more sense to explain all that before telling them to go away? :D

I don't understand why others are so offended by this thread? Apparently many more people than we knew or thought lurk and read every so often.

any other thread that was as off topic as this one would of been locked down by page 15….

just saying..

so the special status is interesting.

Good point... Maybe we're all special snowflakes. ;)

Actually, I think the mods like the positivity and support that this thread continually generates, and since confessions still do pile in daily (and we don't judge them! Most of the time.), we're somewhat on topic. It would be pretty dumb to pull this thread when it's going so well--not that they don't lock down threads for dumb reasons pretty often.

there is plenty of support in the main forums, it just is not sugar coated.

I'd agree there is support in the main forums but the reality is not everyone is as thick skinned as you or I. This thread keeps the people (who would throw the towel in the bucket because they didn't like the deliverance on the main forums) coming back and maybe learning more about weight loss. May be a bit slower but better late than never.
    Right, although they may also have to learn how to properly size a bra, make flapjacks or change the transmission on a Jeep Wranger on the way.

great, but last time I checked it was not a site designed for any of those things. And people are always being chastised to "stay on topic"….
    FWIW, I do understand what you're saying, but the fact is we're on topic enough of the time.

sorry, but based on a browse of the last ten pages or so that does not appear to be the case.

topic.jpg
    jsoomv4notpi.jpg

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I confess that when I start reading posts/stories about people struggling to pay for college, or when I see a post/story about some huge medical bill or substandard medical care because insurance, I get my judgey pants on. People should be able to go to university, regardless of background. People should be able to get access to medical care without having to have a certain type of insurance. People should be able to go to school, work, the freaking ice rink, without having to worry about being shot. Why is this so hard?

/rant also because getting judgey about a whole other country is a bit silly.

Hey preach I'm with you and I live in that country! It's hard as there are things I love and then things I really really dislike :/ but all in all can't say I'm not proud to be an American :D

Ok, I totally read that wrong and was totally disappointed at first. Glad it didn't say what I originally read.

Yep reading it quickly I'm sure I know what you thought it said...no worries I DO have pride!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Hello all,

I've been lurking since page 1... wasn't planning to post was just enjoying the confessions. Then the thread went on, and on, and on, and I never felt it was the right opportunity to post anything. Just wanted to say that there are probably lots of us who enjoy this thread, who empathise, who find it interesting, who laugh and cry along with everyone else, and might not post a lot but thoroughly enjoyed it, and hopefully will continue to do so.

My confession (I feel the need to contribute at least once) is that I skipped breakfast today so I could go for a waffle and ice-cream for lunch and I also have a take-away curry for dinner tonight. I use CICO when it suits me!

I am in maintenance at the moment as I have started NROLFW and am enjoying eating all the foods now, but this is the first time I've had ice-cream for lunch and I have no regrets!

Thanks for your input! And about the ice cream... That's awesome! I hope I can get to that point someday. I also hope you'll stick around. :)
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    ciaraos27 wrote: »
    If I'm quite stressed out I can get an upset stomach and that leads me to binging on all sorts of unhealthy things as I feel sorry for myself and comfort eat. I've been in this cycle this week so didn't log anything. Finally took action to log todays binge, at least :o Yikes...

I guess that has stopped me...for now!
    Good for you for logging it. That can be quite scary seeing it in black and white.
    Good luck!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    ... Guys? It looks like the cool kids found us. Think we should run?
    Quick, to the BatCave.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106593-confession-is-good-for-the-soul

Awesome!!!
    False alarm.