Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:

Here, you have biscuits and tea. Cookies are 'merican

I was going to make the same correction. Us Brits are sensitive about our biscuits apparently.

No offense intended. I guess I wouldn't make a good Brit after all. :(

Definitely none taken. I'm sure you'd get by just fine. I'd like to hear your accent. I love hearing Americans try and do it. A guy I used to work with said his favourite word to say was 'people' and it cracked me up when he said it.

My favourite thing to do in an American (southern) accent is rhyme wagon and dragging...
    "Peepouw"?

Kind of, but with a bit more of an L. We had daily conversations comparing brit /us words and pronunciations. And he was attractive. But didn't know anything about vegetables. Even in American!
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Can I just say how awesome this thread has become?

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.

Super great.

Speaking of stupid decisions, I confess that when I was 20 (way back in 1989...YIKES), I was living on my own for the first time. Cut all my rocker hair off & was bummed how fat I looked.

I then went on a crash diet that consisted of the following:

Breakfast: Can of Diet Coke
    Morning Snack: Can of Diet Coke
    Lunch: Turkey sandwich (2 pieces of bread, 1 slice of deli turkey, 1 slice of deli swiss, mustard)
    Afternoon Snack: Can of Diet Coke
    Workout: 45-60 minutes on a cheap-*kitten* rowing machine I had in my apartment
    Dinner: 6 pack of Bud Light tall boys

I was a chubby 210 lbs when I started, and a thin 165 after 4 months. From there I started weight training.

I'd get slaughtered for suggesting this in 2015, but....I lived to tell the tale

Edited to add: Just did the MFP calculator:

1100 in
    497 out
    BMR: 1,985
    Daily Deficit: 1,382

that's about 3 lbs per week - the maths add up!
    I was just beginning my dieting career around that time, and could also confess to some pretty poor choices. Somehow we made it through, with our metabolisms intact. Personally I blame Rosemary Conley.

I always think of her when I sautée mushrooms in herbs and butter as she said never cook them with fat as they are like little sponges and now I think of them as delicious little sponges.

I think she's also responsible for my mum's less is best attitude to dieting though.
    Is she still on TV and things?

Not recently, she went broke I think and her classes stopped. But she still does online. Her current sell is 5:2.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I was going to make the same correction. Us Brits are sensitive about our biscuits apparently.

Definitely none taken. I'm sure you'd get by just fine. I'd like to hear your accent. I love hearing Americans try and do it. A guy I used to work with said his favourite word to say was 'people' and it cracked me up when he said it.

My favourite thing to do in an American (southern) accent is rhyme wagon and dragging...
    "Peepouw"?

Kind of, but with a bit more of an L. We had daily conversations comparing brit /us words and pronunciations. And he was attractive. But didn't know anything about vegetables. Even in American!
    Haha! Even zucchini and eggplant?!
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

"Peepouw"?

Haha! Even zucchini and eggplant?!

Maybe them, but scallions and snow peas he had no clue. He said but you don't actually buy them do you. I said spring onions (scallions) are basically always in my fridge.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.

Super great.

I probably don't post enough to count as a regular poster, but I think this is super great as well :)

• Tubbs216
    Options
    Ok, major confession here. I found this bedding set and bought it - ex-display $80 instead of $240. I love it (YES IT'S JESSICA SIMPSON I DON'T CARE), but it's in the spare room closet hidden from my husband. I bought it for the camper that we don't own yet, that he doesn't want yet (really only because the timing's not right and he's too busy to care) but that I'm desperate for. Is that bad? I'm such a brat.
    9qjnco1r0eni.jpg
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

I like to try an Aussie accent and say "maybe the dingo ate your baby" randomly. I'm getting pretty good at it.

I actually love this. I always go with the tried and tested 'throw another shrimp on the barbie'. And 'potatoes' in Irish. And after I was talking to a Canadian about his job and he told me the best part is getting 'oat and aboat' that is my favourite there.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Ok, major confession here. I found this bedding set and bought it - ex-display $80 instead of $240. I love it (YES IT'S JESSICA SIMPSON I DON'T CARE), but it's in the spare room closet hidden from my husband. I bought it for the camper that we don't own yet, that he doesn't want yet (really only because the timing's not right and he's too busy to care) but that I'm desperate for. Is that bad? I'm such a brat.
    9qjnco1r0eni.jpg

No it's not bad at all! Plus I love J Simps, great choice it's a really beautiful set!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @bkhamill -I'm glad you are ok.

@nonoelmo -you do have perfect hair for your costume. :)

My boyfriend still isn't here. I'm wondering if he will bother showing up.
    Thank you.

I'm sad for you about your boyfriend. Is this a pattern or one time /first time?

First time thing. Sigh. Oh well.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good weekend!

Wasn't this the day you were supposed to have the "talk"? Or am I completely wrong

Yes, he decided he was too tired to come over which caused another fight. We did end up talking Saturday. I'm going to try to work things out but I'm still torn. I want to try therapy and then if nothing changes, I'm done. :(

My heart physically hurts because I want to stay but yet leave. When things are good they are wonderful but I don't know if I can forgive, forget and trust again. That's why I want to try therapy first.

Now to catch up with the rest of the thread.

Can I ask a question, I apologise if it's intrusive. I'm guessing from some of the things you've said you live apart? But you said you've been together 11 years. Is moving in together something you've discussed? And if so what has stopped you?

Sorry I just saw this. Yea we live apart. We stay together (or used to-not so much now) a lot though. We had planned on moving in together but things keep getting in the way. I seriously think he is someone who doesn't want to make a serious commitment. That is one reason why I don't think this will work either way.

It sucks that I'm so in love with someone that I will probably have to leave someday. I just don't know how I'm going to get through everything.

That just breaks my heart. I'm so sorry you've invested so much time in someone that doesn't seem to feel the same way. That really sucks. I wish you all the best because you deserve to be happy regardless if that's with or without someone else. Hugs to you, friend.

Thank you. He was a no show again last night (after he told me he would try to make me a priority...that shows me how important I am). I think he is done. :(

Him not showing up is not acceptable at all.....IMO that is nearly worse than what happened.....esp for him to do it twice in a week!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I did it. I messaged my stepdaughter. This is what I said.

"You need to message your dad. He needs to talk to you, but you haven't returned his text message. Also, Sunday is Father's Day and I didn't know if you were planning on being around."

It was probably not the nicest message, but it's a lot nicer than what I wanted to say which is this.

Come pick up your cat from hell, give me my key, get your stuff, and get out. You obviously don't want to be a part of our lives and I'm not going to be your storage unit and cat's caretaker anymore. Your dad has tried really hard to make sure you feel a part of our family, we all have, and you've done nothing but take advantage of that and I've had enough. Oh, and I expect you to have a check for $400 for your tags to your dad by Monday.

Every time I think about her and what's been going on, I get so angry and want to cry (that's probably more PMS) and I just hoped when she came into our lives, things would be so different. I'm sad now. :'(

How many times did you consider sending the second message and then erase it? If she didn't have the money for the tags, the car would have to stay at the house.

I never typed any part of the second message, I just thought it and have been for quite some time now.

My husband brought this up during our "discussion" (fight) last Friday. He asked if I wanted him to take the car away from her if she couldn't pay the tags, and I said no because then she wouldn't have any way to get to work. Although, that's not really my problem. I wasn't relying on other people when I was 19, I had a car that I paid for and was working AND going to college full time. I know she's not me, but she needs to learn some accountability and responsibility. I might make the suggestion that until she CAN pay for the tags, that he drive the car since it's in his name anyway.

I'm afraid that if I keep bringing this up to my husband, we'll have a terrible vacation and anniversary and I've waited 15 DAMN years for this and I REFUSE to let her ruin that for us. Why does she have to be such a selfish brat?!

Whatever happens, I am sure you and your hubby will be all the stronger for it. You are dealing with it together. I kind of have a similar thing, although the stepson lives in our house, we never see him due to work or his being out with friends, or he's asleep while we are all home. He's 23, we have gotten several used cars for him, this current one, he has been told will be the last one we purchase. Still he has no incentive to find his own place and move out. Our house is a little cramped and I had planned to move my youngest into his room, when I was under the impression he was moving out with a friend. That fell through, so now we are stuck. Still paying for his phone and car insurance too. He has been asked to pay for these things and has not begun to pay for them. His job is enough for him to pay for that at least. I am pretty frustrated myself.
    Yeah, that's tricky. I'll be interested to see if anyone else offers advice. My daughter is working now, but the plan is that this is a year off from university while she gets her health in check. We're still paying for her phone etc and she has use of a car (kind of shared between her and her brother), and I'm wondering if we should expect her to pay something towards her keep.

Just my opinion, but I think that adults over 20 should definitely be paying something towards their keep, if not paying for all their own extras while living at home (car, phone, non-essentials). In my experience, people whose parents give them a free ride with no end in sight often just milk it for all it's worth.

I may just be jealous though because my mom made me watch my baby brother for free after school and all day in the summer from the time I was 12 until I was 17 so she could work two jobs. Then, when I was 17 she made me get a real job and contribute to the household with the money I made. These kids don't know how good they have it and it irrationally bothers me.

I agree, but it's not all "good". It's a short-term enabling and then they have no idea how to deal with the real world. I'm sorry you are bitter about some things in your past, but honestly, I guarantee that made you a better, stronger person!

That's so true. A cousin of mine had wealthy parents, and they paid for everything - car, college, off campus apartment, spending money... he had to do nothing but go to class. I would have KILLED for that opportunity. I love school and would have done so well with that kind of support. My cousin? He failed out of college, flooded his apartment screwing around with the fire alarm, and became a criminal. Seriously.

Sadly, this is common.

I'm afraid to admit this now, but my parents paid my tuition, books, rent, groceries, bought me a brand-new car, etc etc for university. They're comfortable, not wealthy, but I'm an only child so they only had one to pay for, they had the money, and they wanted me to be able to focus on school. I bartended a few nights a week, but mostly I just went to school. But I did graduate on time with the degree I wanted and got a "grown up job" right afterwards, so, uh, there's that?

However, I did take four years off before I went to university and had a job and paid my bills by myself all that time, so I already had the life skills to take care of myself by the time they started paying for stuff, so maybe that helps?

It kind of rubs me the wrong way when people assume I'm a spoiled brat because my parents were in a position to help me out a lot with school and I didn't have to struggle or take out loans, though. Not saying you guys are implying that...but just in general, I really don't think it makes me a bad person.

Also, I'm glad you all appreciate my Toddlers & Tiaras gif. I used to PVR that series like crazy. No shame.

I used to drive my husband out of the room by watching that show!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I have to confess, that when a new person to our village (that's what I like to call it) posts a reply to one of the ancient posts, I skip those because 9 times out of ten, it's in reference to the stupid hot chocolate powder. I can only read people eat powder so many times. How are they not chocking on the dust?!
    Hahahaaha!!

I agree, I actually think that sounds rather gross!!

Not only that but chances are if they are posting quotes from the first few pages, they are not making it to where we are now, and even on the slim chance they do, it won't be for a LONG time and anything we could say back would be senseless at that point!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Super great.

Agreed! 100%
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I did it. I messaged my stepdaughter. This is what I said.

"You need to message your dad. He needs to talk to you, but you haven't returned his text message. Also, Sunday is Father's Day and I didn't know if you were planning on being around."

It was probably not the nicest message, but it's a lot nicer than what I wanted to say which is this.

Come pick up your cat from hell, give me my key, get your stuff, and get out. You obviously don't want to be a part of our lives and I'm not going to be your storage unit and cat's caretaker anymore. Your dad has tried really hard to make sure you feel a part of our family, we all have, and you've done nothing but take advantage of that and I've had enough. Oh, and I expect you to have a check for $400 for your tags to your dad by Monday.

Every time I think about her and what's been going on, I get so angry and want to cry (that's probably more PMS) and I just hoped when she came into our lives, things would be so different. I'm sad now. :'(

That situation really sucks :(

I am so sorry!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    9qjnco1r0eni.jpg

Why is Jessica Simpson bad?
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Super great.

You're all super great!

Agreed! You're all so incredibly wonderful. And now a certain poster who shall not be named, ( @quiksylver296 did you ever find out who this was) has stopped posting here, it truly IS a safe place.

I only started posting a few weeks ago, but like I said, I've been following since day one...and I'm pretty sure I know who you are talking about.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    9qjnco1r0eni.jpg

That is so pretty!!

I want a camper too but unfortunately the roof and siding and windows on our old house have to come first.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    All these TV confessions are making me fess up: My wife & I love Big Brother.

We love to hate the hateable ones, root for the underdogs, love the cheesy challenges & also love it when they are clueless that they are broadcast 24/7 and just spout the most ignorant crap. Young fools thinking they know everything & getting a harsh dose of reality once they leave the house. So crunchy.

We call it our "Vapid Summer Fluff" ... ha ha

I watch that show every now & then & the most annoying ones since I've watched it have been Jessie & Rachel.

One of my favorite seasons was season 6 with Kaysar and Janelle! Loved them!

I loved Kaysar!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    9qjnco1r0eni.jpg

That's not the bad part (although I expected judgement on that - maybe I'm wrong, but I thought everyone laughed at Jessica Simpson, no?) it's the fact that I'm hiding a purchase from my husband that's to go with another major purchase that I want to make and he doesn't. :)
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    kellypence wrote: »
    So, actual confession instead of potty talk.

I don't like people. I mean, really. And that is just my brain's excuse for what is essentially a cross between being a true introvert and a social anxiety disorder. Anyway, my husband's old group of friends (ie, he hasn't seen any of them in the 10 years we've been together) is getting together on Sat for a "goodbye party" for one of them who's moving and tracked him down and invited us to the party. I don't wanna go (said in a pouty/whiny voice). My husband wants to go to an outdoor movie Sat night (which isn't my thing...see introvert/social anxiety above), and then Sun (Father's day) we're going to the track for a big get together with a group of friends (see introvert status). Next Fri we're going to my family's for a week to help my parents with the house (I love my family best for short visits, or from a distance). So last night I told him all this, and pretty much laid it on him....if it's really important to you, I'll go, but these reasons are why I'd rather not. I feel a little guilty, 'cause he's an extrovert and actually likes hanging out with people, but not really.

I don't like people either. In a situation like that, I would just tell my husband to go to the party and see his friends while I stayed home in my pj's watching Netflix. Everyone's happy!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    9qjnco1r0eni.jpg

That's not the bad part (although I expected judgement on that - maybe I'm wrong, but I thought everyone laughed at Jessica Simpson, no?) it's the fact that I'm hiding a purchase from my husband that's to go with another major purchase that I want to make and he doesn't. :)

She's not my fave celeb but I love her merchandise- no shame!