Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• newfutures
    newfutures Posts: 113 Member
    I purposefully design all my meals so I can eat large portions for little calories. Despite losing a bajillion pounds, and maintaining the loss, I still need QUANITITY to feel full.

My guests are aghast when they see my big ol' jethro portions. (ie- huge bowls of air popped popcorn, 2 or 3 potatoes with my dinner, mountains of salad... etc)

Also, sometimes, when I am stressed, I still binge eat. Its very comforting to overeat, like wrapping up in a warm blanket.

Each binge session gets farther and farther apart, and I can usually somewhat balance the week to prevent weight gain. Its pretty infrequent now, but still happens sometimes.

Im still at that point. I have figured out tho that over time I slowly shrink my portions and my stomach will shrink up as well eventually getting me to a place where small and normal size portions fill me up. The trick is to do it slowly if you want to avoid that uncomfortable you feel like your going to eat your arm off stage.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    I did it. I messaged my stepdaughter. This is what I said.

"You need to message your dad. He needs to talk to you, but you haven't returned his text message. Also, Sunday is Father's Day and I didn't know if you were planning on being around."

It was probably not the nicest message, but it's a lot nicer than what I wanted to say which is this.

Come pick up your cat from hell, give me my key, get your stuff, and get out. You obviously don't want to be a part of our lives and I'm not going to be your storage unit and cat's caretaker anymore. Your dad has tried really hard to make sure you feel a part of our family, we all have, and you've done nothing but take advantage of that and I've had enough. Oh, and I expect you to have a check for $400 for your tags to your dad by Monday.

Every time I think about her and what's been going on, I get so angry and want to cry (that's probably more PMS) and I just hoped when she came into our lives, things would be so different. I'm sad now. :'(
  • newfutures
    newfutures Posts: 113 Member
    I weigh out veggies like sweet potatoes at the grocery store on my food scale, yes I bring it with me. It's a flat black smooth one and looks like an iPad from a distance. It any of the sweet potatoes weigh more than 200 grams I won't buy it. So some weeks, I don't get them, because none are in the magic gram weight. I also buy loose onions and bell peppers on a similar weight method. Again some weeks, there aren't any in that weight.

I only buy my International Delight coffee creamer in the single serving mini containers like you get at restaurants. That way I know exactly how much creamer is in my coffee every morning.

I have counted the pieces of popcorn I have eaten.

All meat for myself is weighed out of the big package, vacuum sealed with date, weight, and either put in the fridge or freezer.

Packages of cheese are brought home and cut immediately into 1 ounce slices and vacuum sealed and returned to the fridge.

Lunches for the week are done on Sunday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I usually do mixed veggies 300 grams frozen weight to be microwaved. Tuesday and Thursday are Broccoli days and that is 400 grams of frozen weight to be microwaved.

Boxes of Cereal if they are mine, get pre portioned out to 42 gram Ziploc baggies. I'm the only one who will drink 2% milk. So the half gallon gets weighed out into 8 ounce containers and returned to the fridge in their little reusable thermos containers.

When I make biscuits, I weigh the flour out and do not use a measuring cup. Any flour used for kneading that is left gets scraped up and weighed to subtract from the recipe.

I have made hamburgers for a party and weighed each patty, and thrown away what would not divide evenly into the calculated weight of the others.

I can actually nail the number of servings a peanut butter container has in it by the label to perfect accuracy. I weigh it out too.

I actually own 4 food scales, 1 that travels, 1 at the office and 2 in the kitchen. Their batteries are changed the 1st day of every month whether they need it or not. They are also all the same brand and identical. I'm a lab tech and have used the calibrated weights to check their accuracy, they are in acceptable range. I do this often.

Shall I continue. I have developed a lot of quirks over my 900+ logging days here.

I have very similar obsessive habits. I feel like its those habits and rituals that create a lifestyle. Its easier to stay on track when I put in the effort that I do.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @bkhamill -I'm glad you are ok.

@nonoelmo -you do have perfect hair for your costume. :)

My boyfriend still isn't here. I'm wondering if he will bother showing up.
    Thank you.

I'm sad for you about your boyfriend. Is this a pattern or one time /first time?

First time thing. Sigh. Oh well.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good weekend!

Wasn't this the day you were supposed to have the "talk"? Or am I completely wrong

Yes, he decided he was too tired to come over which caused another fight. We did end up talking Saturday. I'm going to try to work things out but I'm still torn. I want to try therapy and then if nothing changes, I'm done. :(

My heart physically hurts because I want to stay but yet leave. When things are good they are wonderful but I don't know if I can forgive, forget and trust again. That's why I want to try therapy first.

Now to catch up with the rest of the thread.

Can I ask a question, I apologise if it's intrusive. I'm guessing from some of the things you've said you live apart? But you said you've been together 11 years. Is moving in together something you've discussed? And if so what has stopped you?

Sorry I just saw this. Yea we live apart. We stay together (or used to-not so much now) a lot though. We had planned on moving in together but things keep getting in the way. I seriously think he is someone who doesn't want to make a serious commitment. That is one reason why I don't think this will work either way.

It sucks that I'm so in love with someone that I will probably have to leave someday. I just don't know how I'm going to get through everything.

That just breaks my heart. I'm so sorry you've invested so much time in someone that doesn't seem to feel the same way. That really sucks. I wish you all the best because you deserve to be happy regardless if that's with or without someone else. Hugs to you, friend.

Thank you. He was a no show again last night (after he told me he would try to make me a priority...that shows me how important I am). I think he is done. :(

Hugs to you.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    So all I can think about is boobs and ice cream.

I'm obsessed with your profile pic
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member

"You need to message your dad. He needs to talk to you, but you haven't returned his text message. Also, Sunday is Father's Day and I didn't know if you were planning on being around."

It was probably not the nicest message, but it's a lot nicer than what I wanted to say which is this.

Come pick up your cat from hell, give me my key, get your stuff, and get out. You obviously don't want to be a part of our lives and I'm not going to be your storage unit and cat's caretaker anymore. Your dad has tried really hard to make sure you feel a part of our family, we all have, and you've done nothing but take advantage of that and I've had enough. Oh, and I expect you to have a check for $400 for your tags to your dad by Monday.

Every time I think about her and what's been going on, I get so angry and want to cry (that's probably more PMS) and I just hoped when she came into our lives, things would be so different. I'm sad now. :'(
    I'm SO sorry you're having to deal with this. I hope you feel at least a little bit better about doing something proactive. It wasn't a bad message at all - a bit terse but what else could you say?
  • maryelgin1988
    maryelgin1988 Posts: 185 Member
    I wish I had the bod of Rosa Acosta! !! Yeah I know I probably never will but before I stuff my face w cupcakes or want to junk food out next time, I'm going to visualize her body w my head. Lol
  • LBuehrle8
    @quiksylver296 your son is too cute!
  • LBuehrle8
    @orangesmartie sending positive thoughts and love your way! As someone who's struggled with depression and anxiety please please please take your meds. :)
  • LBuehrle8
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @bkhamill -I'm glad you are ok.

@nonoelmo -you do have perfect hair for your costume. :)

My boyfriend still isn't here. I'm wondering if he will bother showing up.
    Thank you.

I'm sad for you about your boyfriend. Is this a pattern or one time /first time?

First time thing. Sigh. Oh well.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good weekend!

Wasn't this the day you were supposed to have the "talk"? Or am I completely wrong

Yes, he decided he was too tired to come over which caused another fight. We did end up talking Saturday. I'm going to try to work things out but I'm still torn. I want to try therapy and then if nothing changes, I'm done. :(

My heart physically hurts because I want to stay but yet leave. When things are good they are wonderful but I don't know if I can forgive, forget and trust again. That's why I want to try therapy first.

Now to catch up with the rest of the thread.

Can I ask a question, I apologise if it's intrusive. I'm guessing from some of the things you've said you live apart? But you said you've been together 11 years. Is moving in together something you've discussed? And if so what has stopped you?

Sorry I just saw this. Yea we live apart. We stay together (or used to-not so much now) a lot though. We had planned on moving in together but things keep getting in the way. I seriously think he is someone who doesn't want to make a serious commitment. That is one reason why I don't think this will work either way.

It sucks that I'm so in love with someone that I will probably have to leave someday. I just don't know how I'm going to get through everything.

That just breaks my heart. I'm so sorry you've invested so much time in someone that doesn't seem to feel the same way. That really sucks. I wish you all the best because you deserve to be happy regardless if that's with or without someone else. Hugs to you, friend.

Thank you. He was a no show again last night (after he told me he would try to make me a priority...that shows me how important I am). I think he is done. :(

Keep your head up girl, you are amazing and right now from what you're telling us doesn't seem like he's good enough for you. Love your way as always <3
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,702 Member
    I have to confess, that when a new person to our village (that's what I like to call it) posts a reply to one of the ancient posts, I skip those because 9 times out of ten, it's in reference to the stupid hot chocolate powder. I can only read people eat powder so many times. How are they not chocking on the dust?!

I cannot imagine eating the powder myself. I see gasping for breath as the result. I'm pretty sure that is the #1 re-quoted post, though. Crazy the number of times it is quoted!
  • BZAH10
    newfutures wrote: »
    I purposefully design all my meals so I can eat large portions for little calories. Despite losing a bajillion pounds, and maintaining the loss, I still need QUANITITY to feel full.

My guests are aghast when they see my big ol' jethro portions. (ie- huge bowls of air popped popcorn, 2 or 3 potatoes with my dinner, mountains of salad... etc)

Also, sometimes, when I am stressed, I still binge eat. Its very comforting to overeat, like wrapping up in a warm blanket.

Each binge session gets farther and farther apart, and I can usually somewhat balance the week to prevent weight gain. Its pretty infrequent now, but still happens sometimes.

Im still at that point. I have figured out tho that over time I slowly shrink my portions and my stomach will shrink up as well eventually getting me to a place where small and normal size portions fill me up. The trick is to do it slowly if you want to avoid that uncomfortable you feel like your going to eat your arm off stage.

Congrats on the new babies! And this is a very sensible approach. Good luck!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member

Her response word for word.

"Ok will do and I will stop by."

Are you freaking kidding me?!

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I'm having to drink a lot of my calories today in pop and juice because I can only eat soft things and I can't open my mouth very wide and I'm not very hungry at all.

Whining done now.

Are you feeling any better yet?
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Morning everyone. Trying to get caught up from last night :)

@FroggyBug Big hugs to you. Maybe it's time to be selfish and start putting yourself first! Figure it out what you need to make you happy. You will get through this!

@orangesmartie Glad to have you back. Please take your meds and I am sorry about your Mom

@MoHousdon Blended families are tough to do. Keep your chin up!

• BZAH10

Her response word for word.

"Ok will do and I will stop by."

Are you freaking kidding me?!

Well, sorry this has been so upsetting to you and your husband, but I have to say that response is text-book for the generation that grew up with texting. Tone and intent in texts is tough to convey and read. I don't think your text to her sounded terse at all. Texts are usually short and a bit abrupt, especially for these busy kids / young adults so she probably didn't perceive any irritation from you. I will be interested to see if she shows up, though.
  • LBuehrle8

I think your first text message is completely appropriate seeing as how she has treated you and her own father.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    I have to confess, that when a new person to our village(that's what I like to call it) posts a reply to one of the ancient posts, I skip those because 9 times out of ten, it's in reference to the stupid hot chocolate powder. I can only read people eat powder so many times. How are they not choking on the dust?!

Love the first bolded part! That is my thought every time to the second bolded part. Keep thinking about the cinnamon challenge!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Tehehe my sister has the same problem! She's perfect and I hate her she has huge boobs and a nice booty with curves- then there's me I have no chest (unless I make myself a pair). I go straight down, and my butt- while I don't have a crack in my back- it's not all as plump and such as I would like! Grrrr Younger sisters ...

Haha what is it about younger sisters? My sister is pretty much perfect. I always say I got the bad genes.

• fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    fr3smyl wrote: »
    Confession: I noticed I have a really nice set of gams!

I think I will buy what they call shorts and give those a try for once.