Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    On the topic of children, at this point in my life, I would honestly rather kill myself than raise children. I was forced to watch a relatives baby for a few months and was stressed the entire time. It was not a pleasant experience for me or the child.

Well it's different when it's yours, but yeah... it's still stressful and exhausting.

It's very different when it's your own but sometimes I look at my son and think " I was a good aunt. Why didn't I just stay an Aunt" :)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    All this talk about kids, and now I would like to bop my 19 year old daughter in the head......boys are SO much easier.....

Now, THAT depends on the kid. LOL
    My daughter was a million times easier than my son.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I have to add that I think it is NOT selfish at all to realize you do not want children. What is selfish is to have children you do not want, just because you are 'supposed' to, and then treat them as such.

The whole point of my last post was that I really wanted to be a mother, I do not think my life would be complete without it, but, it is not for everyone, and should not be taken lightly, nor should be taken on because of pressure.
    Agree 100%. My grandmother was a good example of someone who shouldn't have had children. Instead she had 4 and told them pretty regularly that they ruined her life. My mum's screwed up in many ways by this, but she made a conscious decision to not be a mother like that and she's wonderful (if a little nuts).

My grandmother had 5 kids, and clearly didn't want the last two (my mom is #4), but took to them in very different ways. She's always been really hard on my mom (who is a whole lot like my grandfather - and was totally his favorite), but my mom's younger sister is her favorite. Go figure.

She's also really judgemental, to the point of occasional cruelty, which she tries to justify with religion. I confess that I don't really like my grandmother as a person. :neutral:

My grandmother also had 5 kids. My mom is #4.
    Kid #5 is 16 years younger than my mom. The other kids may as well have not existed after kid #5 came into the picture. When I was little, my grandparents followed my aunt (kid #5) and moved away, not telling any of the rest of their kids where they moved to and never contacting any of us again. Talk about dysfunctional. We found out from the newspaper when my grandfather passed away, after the funeral was over. My grandmother passed away a couple of months ago, my aunt let us all know about that before the funeral anyway. I did not attend.

People are strange.

They just moved away and didn't tell anyone where they were going? How crazy is that?! Did your aunt (#5) keep in touch with the family?

I know! My mom has said that her childhood wasn't bad or anything, but once my aunt was born, it was as if the other kids didn't exist. My aunt didn't get back in touch with the rest of the family until my grandparents' health started failing (they were both 90 when they passed).

My aunt had a daughter that was killed in a car accident on the way to her senior prom, several years ago. My parents and some other family members went to the funeral to pay their respects. They were asked to leave immediately after the service at the church as only immediate family and church members were welcome at the graveside.

The whole thing is nonsensical.

The funniest part (to me), my aunt is married to a preacher. Gives me that much less respect for people who label themselves Christian. The proof is in your actions.

These people are NOT Christians.....no matter what they call themselves!!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    I don't mind the scars on my ankle and shoulder at all. Actually, I'm kinda bummed at how much the shoulder scar has faded.

Scars ARE kind of badass!
    Agreed - scars are cool and interesting. I have to restrain myself from asking people about their scars because I know it's rude.

Scars are tattoos with better stories. We saw that tshirt a couple of weeks ago.

I have said this for years as well!

I confess that I like what Ron White says about tattoos:

"Tattoos are permanent stupidity bruises."

Lol. Yeah, I definitely have one "stupidity bruise" out of the six tattoos I have. A bit of "ragret" there. But overall, I prefer a quote that I read somewhere once: "The body is a temple, so why not decorate the walls?" ;)

Haha. Personally, I echo what LBuehrle said above - they're not for me, but I've seen tons of cool ones. No judgment here!

I completely agree! I've seen some cool ones, some really dumb ones but I just never liked anything enough to put it on me forever
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    I have to add that I think it is NOT selfish at all to realize you do not want children. What is selfish is to have children you do not want, just because you are 'supposed' to, and then treat them as such.

The whole point of my last post was that I really wanted to be a mother, I do not think my life would be complete without it, but, it is not for everyone, and should not be taken lightly, nor should be taken on because of pressure.
    Agree 100%. My grandmother was a good example of someone who shouldn't have had children. Instead she had 4 and told them pretty regularly that they ruined her life. My mum's screwed up in many ways by this, but she made a conscious decision to not be a mother like that and she's wonderful (if a little nuts).

My grandmother had 5 kids, and clearly didn't want the last two (my mom is #4), but took to them in very different ways. She's always been really hard on my mom (who is a whole lot like my grandfather - and was totally his favorite), but my mom's younger sister is her favorite. Go figure.

She's also really judgemental, to the point of occasional cruelty, which she tries to justify with religion. I confess that I don't really like my grandmother as a person. :neutral:

Kid #5 is 16 years younger than my mom. The other kids may as well have not existed after kid #5 came into the picture. When I was little, my grandparents followed my aunt (kid #5) and moved away, not telling any of the rest of their kids where they moved to and never contacting any of us again. Talk about dysfunctional. We found out from the newspaper when my grandfather passed away, after the funeral was over. My grandmother passed away a couple of months ago, my aunt let us all know about that before the funeral anyway. I did not attend.

People are strange.

Whaaaat?? That is indeed weird.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    WHERE IS AOJ?!? I'm worried.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    All this talk about kids, and now I would like to bop my 19 year old daughter in the head......boys are SO much easier.....

Really? I have to say, people I have talked to have always agreed with that (providing they have both sexes of children of their own).....I would say the boys are more physical work, but the girls are VERY taxing and stressful in every other way possible lol.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    On the topic of children, at this point in my life, I would honestly rather kill myself than raise children. I was forced to watch a relatives baby for a few months and was stressed the entire time. It was not a pleasant experience for me or the child.

A few MONTHS???! I know it was a relative and you said "forced" so no judging or questioning from me. I'm just shocked. I can barely handle my own grandchildren for a couple hours at a time.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

People are strange.

They just moved away and didn't tell anyone where they were going? How crazy is that?! Did your aunt (#5) keep in touch with the family?

I know! My mom has said that her childhood wasn't bad or anything, but once my aunt was born, it was as if the other kids didn't exist. My aunt didn't get back in touch with the rest of the family until my grandparents' health started failing (they were both 90 when they passed).

My aunt had a daughter that was killed in a car accident on the way to her senior prom, several years ago. My parents and some other family members went to the funeral to pay their respects. They were asked to leave immediately after the service at the church as only immediate family and church members were welcome at the graveside.

The whole thing is nonsensical.

The funniest part (to me), my aunt is married to a preacher. Gives me that much less respect for people who label themselves Christian. The proof is in your actions.

That is terribly sad, but what a weird story overall! Makes me wonder if the religion didn't play a factor. Makes me kind of suspicious.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

That is true in my experience as well. What did she do?
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    This might get interesting: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10166721/blackstrap-molasses-when-to-take-it. Especially since the OP has flagged everyone that gave a smart *** answer.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I went to see the new Avengers movie yesterday. Loved it.

I confess those kinds of movies always make me wish I was a ninja/spy/superhero.
    Star Trek movies make me want to stride purposefully around a starship in a mini skirt and knee-high boots.

Any news on your house purchase? Is it happening?

Yes, it is happening! I get possession on June 17. Unfortunately I will not be able to move in right away, so will most likely be renting it out for about a year first.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

Really? I have to say, people I have talked to have always agreed with that (providing they have both sexes of children of their own).....I would say the boys are more physical work, but the girls are VERY taxing and stressful in every other way possible lol.

Well my kids could be abnormal. LOL
    My son was more difficult than my daughter in every single way.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I just saw a post on facebook of a "cake" that is actually cornbread, frosted with mashed potatoes and drizzled with brown gravy and topped with fried chicken. My husband would love this. (he is not a sweets eater)
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=827644427329767&set=a.107422182685332.13643.100002526511845&type=1
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I just saw a post on facebook of a "cake" that is actually cornbread, frosted with mashed potatoes and drizzled with brown gravy and topped with fried chicken. My husband would love this. (he is not a sweets eater)
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=827644427329767&set=a.107422182685332.13643.100002526511845&type=1

Oh this looks good LOL.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    I think there's a proper way to eat gum and my husband does not own these said skills. He sounds like a cow when he chews gum that I ask him to not chew it around me. It goes with my disgust of when people chew with their mouths open. I cannot handle that sound at all.

I can't stand it when people chew gum like that! I have to have gum during cardio because my mouth gets dry really easily. There's a disease called 'Chronic Dry Eye' and I think I have 'Chronic Dry Mouth'. Is that even a thing?

Likewise. Granted I am cycling with wind in my face and mouth but I will damn near cancel a ride if I can't find my ride gum. lol It keeps my mouth moist and not dry like the Sahara Desert!
  • AmandaPE1021
    AmandaPE1021 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Friday me and my boyfriend went to the cheesecake factory. I brought home an entire box of leftovers. I decided not to log the food for that day due to the fact that I would be grossed out by myself. So when I got home in order to avoid having to have an extra cheat day just for the leftovers I ate them in my room. Cold. Cold cheesecake factory leftovers.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    WHERE IS AOJ?!? I'm worried.

Been wondering this myself today. Hope everything is okay.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Jesus H., the confessions keep coming. Ok, I confess that I ate a Hershey bar for lunch and it was delicious. That's all I got today.

That was really sad. I think you should try harder. Give it up!
    Agreed. Pathetic confession. There's something dark lurking there...

There's a lot of stuff that involves some sexual things, but I don't want to bore anyone with that stuff. Snoozeville.

Oh yeah, like that's not going to get anyone's attention. (insert eye roll)