Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I feel pretty weird, because I know gum is loved by mostly everyone :tongue: I haven't chewed it in years, though I didn't have much of a problem with it when I was the one chewing it...

I could basically co-sign your whole post.

I hate gum.

We can no longer be friends @quiksylver296

I don't believe you. You'll take me back. B)
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I'm totally judging all this mint nonsense. Mint and chocolate do not belong together!

yes they do - as long as it is the right mint/chocolate proportions and I like more chocolate than mint. I really like making mint nanaimo bars.

As for tattoos, I have been saving images for years trying to find the right one that I want to permanently place on my body. I already know where it is going (right ankle).

I LOVE mint chocolate chip ice cream!!

Me too... I haven't had it in forever though. I've been on a caramel kick lately.

I love mint and chocolate together as well, but I've been on a straight chocolate kick myself. I have been thinking about getting some in gelato form though. :smiley:
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Jesus H., the confessions keep coming. Ok, I confess that I ate a Hershey bar for lunch and it was delicious. That's all I got today.

That was really sad. I think you should try harder. Give it up!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    For the oreo lovers... COME GET YOUR FIX! :wink:

cheeseburger-oreos.jpg

I would totally want these if they were real.

• quiksylver296
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Uh-oh! Totally hangry today. It's not yet lunch time and I've mowed through my breakfast, a Quest bar, almonds and an apple. There will be no calories left for dinner at this rate.

I have 3 calories left. It's 2.40pm. And I'm still hungry. Didn't even make such horrible choices today. Just hungry. About to say 'screw it' and have some ice cream.

Edit: scratch that. I had ice cream and 3 slices of cinnamon bread and I'm FINALLY full. And way over my goal. Gotta love those days.

I planning my next thing to graze on. TOM is obviously coming.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Jesus H., the confessions keep coming. Ok, I confess that I ate a Hershey bar for lunch and it was delicious. That's all I got today.

That was really sad. I think you should try harder. Give it up!
    Agreed. Pathetic confession. There's something dark lurking there...
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Confession: I wish I lived with somesomeone who could help me plan meals better. My meals for the week don't even total 1100 calories.

I always think it looks like a lot of food, until I see the numbers and they're really low. :confused:

Well, as offered by @nonoelmo on page 620, can you partner up with someone here and do the same thing? Or, more than one person? I know you don't need to lose weight, but focusing on health and maintaining a healthy lifestyle is a very important way to use this site. I think there are a lot of people here who would be more than happy to help you with this!

I haven't gotten to that page yet. :flushed: This thread moves fast!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I have to add that I think it is NOT selfish at all to realize you do not want children. What is selfish is to have children you do not want, just because you are 'supposed' to, and then treat them as such.

The whole point of my last post was that I really wanted to be a mother, I do not think my life would be complete without it, but, it is not for everyone, and should not be taken lightly, nor should be taken on because of pressure.
    Agree 100%. My grandmother was a good example of someone who shouldn't have had children. Instead she had 4 and told them pretty regularly that they ruined her life. My mum's screwed up in many ways by this, but she made a conscious decision to not be a mother like that and she's wonderful (if a little nuts).

My grandmother had 5 kids, and clearly didn't want the last two (my mom is #4), but took to them in very different ways. She's always been really hard on my mom (who is a whole lot like my grandfather - and was totally his favorite), but my mom's younger sister is her favorite. Go figure.

She's also really judgemental, to the point of occasional cruelty, which she tries to justify with religion. I confess that I don't really like my grandmother as a person. :neutral:

My grandmother also had 5 kids. My mom is #4.
    Kid #5 is 16 years younger than my mom. The other kids may as well have not existed after kid #5 came into the picture. When I was little, my grandparents followed my aunt (kid #5) and moved away, not telling any of the rest of their kids where they moved to and never contacting any of us again. Talk about dysfunctional. We found out from the newspaper when my grandfather passed away, after the funeral was over. My grandmother passed away a couple of months ago, my aunt let us all know about that before the funeral anyway. I did not attend.

People are strange.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Uh-oh! Totally hangry today. It's not yet lunch time and I've mowed through my breakfast, a Quest bar, almonds and an apple. There will be no calories left for dinner at this rate.

I have 3 calories left. It's 2.40pm. And I'm still hungry. Didn't even make such horrible choices today. Just hungry. About to say 'screw it' and have some ice cream.

Edit: scratch that. I had ice cream and 3 slices of cinnamon bread and I'm FINALLY full. And way over my goal. Gotta love those days.

I planning my next thing to graze on. TOM is obviously coming.

Mine isn't.. but I always get one of 'those days' in the middle of my cycle too. I guess it's today. Frustrating because I had a ton of veggies, chicken breast, a huge salad with a bit of goat cheese and some part skim ricotta... all that to try and fill me up... and it didn't work.. but 3 slices of cinnamon bread? Sure. Stupid carb cravings. I really need to just go for the carbs next time instead of trying to make it go away with healthier choices. That would save me hundreds of calories.

And now I'm mad at myself for going over... again. And it's not even 4pm... and I'm 200 calories over maintenance.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    I don't mind the scars on my ankle and shoulder at all. Actually, I'm kinda bummed at how much the shoulder scar has faded.

Scars ARE kind of badass!
    Agreed - scars are cool and interesting. I have to restrain myself from asking people about their scars because I know it's rude.

Scars are tattoos with better stories. We saw that tshirt a couple of weeks ago.

I have said this for years as well!

I confess that I like what Ron White says about tattoos:

"Tattoos are permanent stupidity bruises."
    I wouldn't mind one, but I think I'd end up like this:
    yxvpn76rjkjh.gif

Oh dear god I agree! I was a corrections officer for three years and I saw all kinds of hideous, horrible tattoos! I've thought about it but they're just not my thing I think after a year or so I'd get bored with whatever it was and want it off of me! This is not to say that I dislike them I think some people have really neat and amazing tattoos!

Ps I was watching Tattoo Nightmares at the gym today! Love that show!

I have a very small and tasteful tattoo of my daughter's name in a really pretty script on the inside of my right wrist. I LOVE it! It hurt like hell, but I'd do it again. I want more, but I'm terrified of needles, so I don't know if it will happen or not.

That sounds really pretty!

If I could figure out how to take a picture of it and get it on here, I would. My daughter loves it.

I'm not sure how well this will work.gpirytdgvdud.jpg

YAY! It worked!

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I have to add that I think it is NOT selfish at all to realize you do not want children. What is selfish is to have children you do not want, just because you are 'supposed' to, and then treat them as such.

The whole point of my last post was that I really wanted to be a mother, I do not think my life would be complete without it, but, it is not for everyone, and should not be taken lightly, nor should be taken on because of pressure.
    Agree 100%. My grandmother was a good example of someone who shouldn't have had children. Instead she had 4 and told them pretty regularly that they ruined her life. My mum's screwed up in many ways by this, but she made a conscious decision to not be a mother like that and she's wonderful (if a little nuts).

My grandmother had 5 kids, and clearly didn't want the last two (my mom is #4), but took to them in very different ways. She's always been really hard on my mom (who is a whole lot like my grandfather - and was totally his favorite), but my mom's younger sister is her favorite. Go figure.

She's also really judgemental, to the point of occasional cruelty, which she tries to justify with religion. I confess that I don't really like my grandmother as a person. :neutral:

Kid #5 is 16 years younger than my mom. The other kids may as well have not existed after kid #5 came into the picture. When I was little, my grandparents followed my aunt (kid #5) and moved away, not telling any of the rest of their kids where they moved to and never contacting any of us again. Talk about dysfunctional. We found out from the newspaper when my grandfather passed away, after the funeral was over. My grandmother passed away a couple of months ago, my aunt let us all know about that before the funeral anyway. I did not attend.

People are strange.

They just moved away and didn't tell anyone where they were going? How crazy is that?! Did your aunt (#5) keep in touch with the family?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    On the topic of children, at this point in my life, I would honestly rather kill myself than raise children. I was forced to watch a relatives baby for a few months and was stressed the entire time. It was not a pleasant experience for me or the child.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    On the topic of children, at this point in my life, I would honestly rather kill myself than raise children. I was forced to watch a relatives baby for a few months and was stressed the entire time. It was not a pleasant experience for me or the child.

Well it's different when it's yours, but yeah... it's still stressful and exhausting.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I feel pretty weird, because I know gum is loved by mostly everyone :tongue: I haven't chewed it in years, though I didn't have much of a problem with it when I was the one chewing it...

I hate gum.

You're right, but I will HAVE to have gum during our ZA missions. None of that fruity or dessert flavored crap though. I hate the way my mouth tastes after I have fruit flavored gum. Yuck!

hbqo1b4r14r8.jpg

• quiksylver296
    Options

I hate gum.

You're right, but I will HAVE to have gum during our ZA missions. None of that fruity or dessert flavored crap though. I hate the way my mouth tastes after I have fruit flavored gum. Yuck!

hbqo1b4r14r8.jpg

On the very rare occasion I chew gum, it has to be peppermint. Can we compromise on peppermint gum? LOL
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

People are strange.

They just moved away and didn't tell anyone where they were going? How crazy is that?! Did your aunt (#5) keep in touch with the family?

I know! My mom has said that her childhood wasn't bad or anything, but once my aunt was born, it was as if the other kids didn't exist. My aunt didn't get back in touch with the rest of the family until my grandparents' health started failing (they were both 90 when they passed).

My aunt had a daughter that was killed in a car accident on the way to her senior prom, several years ago. My parents and some other family members went to the funeral to pay their respects. They were asked to leave immediately after the service at the church as only immediate family and church members were welcome at the graveside.

The whole thing is nonsensical.

The funniest part (to me), my aunt is married to a preacher. Gives me that much less respect for people who label themselves Christian. The proof is in your actions.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    All this talk about kids, and now I would like to bop my 19 year old daughter in the head......boys are SO much easier.....
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    I think there's a proper way to eat gum and my husband does not own these said skills. He sounds like a cow when he chews gum that I ask him to not chew it around me. It goes with my disgust of when people chew with their mouths open. I cannot handle that sound at all.

This, definitely. What happened to teaching children dinner-table manners? Or manners when eating at all? Major pet peeve of mine mainly because my husband has no manners when eating whatsoever. Of course, he faked it while we were dating or else that is a deal-breaker for me. If we are going out of town and he is going to be chewing gum or eating on the way I will drive separately. Yes, sounds terrible but it saves my sanity.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    margfish wrote: »

I personally use:
    - 30 grams of "jumbo" chunky rolled oats (you can double it if you like more, it's more than enough for me)
    - 330 mL of water (About one and a half cups? I like it to be a little soupy, the thickened liquid is SO good. Again, preference. :))
    - 5 grams of unsweetened cocoa powder
    - 15-20 grams of peanut butter (My sister likes it with 30-40 grams of peanut butter, because she's a peanut butter freak, so it's also about preference here!)
    - One sachet of Stevia sweetener or any preferred sweetener
    - 1.5-2 grams of salt (I feel like the salt really helps bring out flavor. I've tried it without and it was just... No.)

Do you let it sit overnight and then heat it up in the morning? Or is it all the morning of? I'm always trying to find ways to make myself like cooked oatmeal...so far no go, but this sounds tasty!

I personally hate every other variation of cooked oatmeal that I've tried, but somehow fell in love with this one. :) I've tried it both ways, but personally prefer the taste and texture when it's all prepared right before eating. :)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Well it's different when it's yours, but yeah... it's still stressful and exhausting.

It's very different when it's your own but sometimes I look at my son and think " I was a good aunt. Why didn't I just stay an Aunt" :)