Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    jqgokbjj3agb.jpg
    I took my daughter to Ethiopian food tonight. Her first time. It is so good at least to me and she liked it a lot too. Savory and just spicy enough to be really tasty. Mmmm.

Her follow up visit with the nutritionist is tomorrow.

That looks terrible, lol....sorry, glad you enjoyed it though!
    I made an Ethiopian lentil stew for a challenge recently (had to make something from a country's cuisine you hadn't had before) and it was delicious! Must make it again soon, actually.

I can't get the flatbread out of my mind. So good.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Im back here on page 920.

I put a bunch of otterpops in the freezer, and I"ve eaten about 10 today. My kids have had zero. :o
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Ugh it cut my post off. My question was does anyone have ONLY Netflix or Hulu? How does that work for you??

Way behind, sorry! I have Netflix *and* Hulu - each is about $8 a month for streaming. It works great. I subscribe to Amazon Prime for the free shipping because I order my life from them, but they also include their own streaming channels with the yearly fee, and they have stuff I watch too. I think it's great. I have a few shows that I watch online, but if I like something that I can't find on any of those, I will pay for a season pass from Amazon or Itunes. I rarely need to do that though.

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I can't handle glasses 24/7. I primarily wear contacts and then pop them out the minute I get home from work! B) I've been wearing contacts for 19 years so I can take them out put them in no problem.

This is me. I have worn contacts since I was like 14 or 16. They are the first thing that comes out when I get home. They don't bother me during the day, but the second I get home they MUST come out!

Haha I'm exactly that way too! During the day I don't even think about them but once home I'm not completely comfortable until I've taken my rinse off shower, put on my sweats, and taken out my contacts!
    Nobody's mentioned the need to remove their bra the minute they walk through the door, so I guess that's just me then..?

Nope. Definitely not just you!

If I didn't wear a DD, I would. As it is, if I go braless I risk a black eye when I go up the stairs.

I find the opposite, I am a H cup and cannot WAIT to get in the door and take it off because of the weight on my shoulders.....if I was smaller it would not bother me as much I don't think....

Wait...an H cup? I didn't know that size existed! Wow. Impressive. I would hate that. Between running and riding I have always been grateful I am small chested.

I'm a 32 J.

It was SO nice to go from a 36 G to a 34 HH to a 32 J on this weight loss journey..../end sarcasm

I consulted my doctor recently and asked her when some real boob shrinkage might happen and she said 'eventually, but for some women it never happens naturally'. I cried.
    I feel like gaining weight was the WORST thing I could have ever done to myself. I should have been more active. I look back and I was beautiful at 160 lbs, a 32 DD, and size 8/10, but I didn't appreciate my body.

Confession: I am terrified that I could get amazing abs and try to show 'em off an no one will notice because BOOBS! I am afraid that they will be my body's most dominant feature and that I they wont affect my quality of life enough for me to get a reduction covered by insurance. This fear gets so bad, sometimes I self sabotage. Like today when I ate an ENTIRE FAMILY SIZE BAG of Lays Original Potato chips.
    :disappointed:
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I confess...

It's 10 PM and I had a ton of calories left, even after dinner, because I didn't have much of an appetite today. I decided to have something desserty, but we only had vanilla ice cream in the freezer. Plain vanilla isn't really worth the calories to me, although it's nice... So then I had an idea: I got 10 grams of peanut butter, and spread it in a thin layer over the walls of a tiny ice cream bowl, then served the ice cream on top of it. Then, with each bite, I scraped a little peanut butter off the wall of the bowl. Mmmmm, so good.

And then, I STILL had a ton of calories left, so I made a mock peanut butter milkshake. That was so good too.

...I really love peanut butter. :sweat_smile:
    I'm the weirdo whose favourite flavour of ice cream is vanilla.

I love vanilla too. Although, now that I've discovered Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, I would say that's my new fave.

If you like peanut butter they also have a Peanut Butter Half Baked that is good.

*Runs out to find this*

Wait for me.

Would I be universally despised if I admitted that I don't like Ben & Jerry's? I tried one of their flavors just because everyone seems to rave about them (I paid 15 dollars for it, people!!), and it was honestly pretty disappointing. :-/

My favorite brand of ice cream is London Dairy. I love pretty much ALL of their flavours. Mmmmm.

What flavour did you try?

Susie, do you have Talenti in Saudi Arabia?

Sadly, no. *sniffle* Although, considering the price of Ben & Jerry's here, Talenti might be way beyond my budget even if it was. :-/
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Confession: I burned 200 calories in exercise today, and I'm considering spending them on ice cream. With peanut butter. Mmm, peanut butter ice cream. o:)

Yum! So did you have any?

Nope, I used it on a lovely bag of Salt & Vinegar potato chips instead. Totally worth it. And then I bought some really awesome ice cream, which I've budgeted in today. So, I get both! ;)
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    @susieq_82 (I think that is the right Susie) You are amazing. That hummus is the best hummus. I made it tonight. YUM. Thank you
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession.... Kroger didn't have that Halo Top ice cream so instead I bought some 'artic' something @ 150 cal a pint. I got orange crème as I love that flavor and am highly critical so it will be the true taste test for me. We'll see. I am annoyed though the one time I visit Kroger, they don't have what I came for. This is the same store that up ended everything so shopping takes forever. I doubt I'll be going back unless it's for a cheap tray of sushi.

Just as a warning, that brand has the WORST reputation ever for tasting awful. I've never tried it myself. I think it's called Arctic Zero or something like that?

Confession: Since I have established that nothing is off-limits anymore and have successfully kept vanilla ice cream in my freezer, I used that to justify buying a Speculoos ice cream with chunks of speculoos cookies in it tonight. Also, it's nearly 50 C (122 F) outside, and to keep my beloved ice cream from melting into a puddle on the way home, I held it up to the A/C the. ENTIRE. WAY. I also chanted encouraging slogans, like "You can do this!" and "Hang in there, don't die on me!" and "Please don't die, I love you! I've always loved you!"

My husband may have sniggered a little at my expense. But my ice cream survived, so there.
    I.... what?? 122 F? :fearful: I was born and raised in a place where it can get pretty freaking hot, but the most I've ever seen was around 105 F. 122 F is something I can't even imagine :fearful:

That's not even the maximum. 55 C happens, and a few summers we've hit 60 C. You'd just melt! ;) The heat in the Gulf countries is pretty crazy. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    @susieq_82 (I think that is the right Susie) You are amazing. That hummus is the best hummus. I made it tonight. YUM. Thank you

Nope, not that old! 1994 is my birth year. ;) I'm so glad you loved it as much as I do! You're very welcome. Did you use the 40g of tahina like I do because I'm stingy with my calories or 55g?
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Nope, not that old! 1994 is my birth year. ;) I'm so glad you loved it as much as I do! You're very welcome. Did you use the 40g of tahina like I do because I'm stingy with my calories or 55g?
    I used the full amount of tahina of course! :smiley: Very good!!!
  • nonoelmo
    Options

aaye yae yae my daughter is not "that" much younger than you... :wink:
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    I can't handle glasses 24/7. I primarily wear contacts and then pop them out the minute I get home from work! B) I've been wearing contacts for 19 years so I can take them out put them in no problem.

This is me. I have worn contacts since I was like 14 or 16. They are the first thing that comes out when I get home. They don't bother me during the day, but the second I get home they MUST come out!

Haha I'm exactly that way too! During the day I don't even think about them but once home I'm not completely comfortable until I've taken my rinse off shower, put on my sweats, and taken out my contacts!
    Nobody's mentioned the need to remove their bra the minute they walk through the door, so I guess that's just me then..?

Nope. Definitely not just you!

If I didn't wear a DD, I would. As it is, if I go braless I risk a black eye when I go up the stairs.

I find the opposite, I am a H cup and cannot WAIT to get in the door and take it off because of the weight on my shoulders.....if I was smaller it would not bother me as much I don't think....

Wait...an H cup? I didn't know that size existed! Wow. Impressive. I would hate that. Between running and riding I have always been grateful I am small chested.

I'm a 32 J.

It was SO nice to go from a 36 G to a 34 HH to a 32 J on this weight loss journey..../end sarcasm

I consulted my doctor recently and asked her when some real boob shrinkage might happen and she said 'eventually, but for some women it never happens naturally'. I cried.
    I feel like gaining weight was the WORST thing I could have ever done to myself. I should have been more active. I look back and I was beautiful at 160 lbs, a 32 DD, and size 8/10, but I didn't appreciate my body.

Confession: I am terrified that I could get amazing abs and try to show 'em off an no one will notice because BOOBS! I am afraid that they will be my body's most dominant feature and that I they wont affect my quality of life enough for me to get a reduction covered by insurance. This fear gets so bad, sometimes I self sabotage. Like today when I ate an ENTIRE FAMILY SIZE BAG of Lays Original Potato chips.
    :disappointed:

When I was slim I wore a 38 C and I felt I looked nice. My chest grew larger with every baby, and never went back down. I am now at a 42E (or DD) and I feel you. I carry my weight in my hips and thighs, so I feel like the top of me is a "normal" size except for my huge chest just sitting there mocking me and making my shoulders hurt. I am also afraid that they will stay big. So far I am not seeing any change there :(
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @LBuehrle8 every time I see your name I think L Bueller.

Edit to add, as in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Anyone? Anyone?

Hahaha you are not alone! When I was at the academy for officer training my captain ALWAYS have me a hard time about that! He'd go "bueller, bueller" every time he saw me!

Just for clarification it's pronounced 'bur-lee'. Only people who are huge baseball fans ever get it correct haha
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    Alas, I have the opposite issue - I was barely filling out a B before I gained all this weight, and even at 110kg I was in a C. Alas, I expect - based on prior experience - that my chest will shrink, probably before my butt and thighs do...
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

aaye yae yae my daughter is not "that" much younger than you... :wink:

lol ;) I'm an old soul, though. I don't get along with people my own age in general--they mostly seem to act like a bunch of kids. Most people seem to think I'm quite a bit older than twenty. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Alas, I have the opposite issue - I was barely filling out a B before I gained all this weight, and even at 110kg I was in a C. Alas, I expect - based on prior experience - that my chest will shrink, probably before my butt and thighs do...

That would be me. I don't even have one anymore--I look like a 12 year old girl. :o
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I think I am a hot mess, because I have a few

1) If I am going over my calories, I just stop logging. Totally works, right?
    2) I can't keep sweets around the house. Or snack foods.
    3) I am a stress eater, but since I don't keep junk food in the house, I once ate almost a cup of raisins. That was a low point for me.
    4) If I get too hungry, I don't seem to have any willpower at all and will end up eating ice cream from a drive through (Sonic, Wendy's, McDonald's).
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    I think I am a hot mess, because I have a few

1) If I am going over my calories, I just stop logging. Totally works, right?
    2) I can't keep sweets around the house. Or snack foods.
    3) I am a stress eater, but since I don't keep junk food in the house, I once ate almost a cup of raisins. That was a low point for me.
    4) If I get too hungry, I don't seem to have any willpower at all and will end up eating ice cream from a drive through (Sonic, Wendy's, McDonald's).

You're not alone! :) Most of us have been through this. If I go into a grocery store when I'm hungry, I want to buy EVERYTHING and eat EVERYTHING I see! :o Sometimes when you're just starting out or haven't been at it that long, it's important to not let yourself get TOO hungry--That's when self-control tends to fail the most. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Confession: MFP's newest blog post (http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/3-ways-your-breakfast-is-sabotaging-your-weight-loss/) is really annoying me. It's just grating on my nerves without even bothering to read it. Breakfast doesn't sabotage anyone, it's not alive! /endrant