Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options

I confess I have been too busy to keep up with this thread so I skipped all the posts since last Thursday and starts again on 931. I am a bit sad b/c until then I read every post since the first page.
    I confess: I changed my afternoon snack after I saw what MoHousdon had logged for hers. I am eating it now (granny smith apple and peanut butter) and it is so yummy. It totally makes up for the salad at lunch that kept p!ssing me off because it wasn't a bacon cheeseburger.

That is my son's favourite bedtime snack and since it is often difficult to get him to eat meat I slather on the PB so he gets some protein. I confess I lick the knife!
    I have this for lunch every day!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    All these TV confessions are making me fess up: My wife & I love Big Brother.

We love to hate the hateable ones, root for the underdogs, love the cheesy challenges & also love it when they are clueless that they are broadcast 24/7 and just spout the most ignorant crap. Young fools thinking they know everything & getting a harsh dose of reality once they leave the house. So crunchy.

We call it our "Vapid Summer Fluff" ... ha ha

WE LOVE BIG BROTHER IN THIS HOUSE TOO! And BB Canada, of course! Guilty pleasure! That and Survivor are the only two reality shows I really watch, but I love them both and never miss!!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    My old account got deleted

And even if I did loose weight I'd probably still wear oversized ugly jumpers

Crap, you made me look. I am 15 away...and I think 99.9% of them were in here!

I just realized that somehow I replied to the wrong post. That was for @MoHousdon
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    My pics are really recent pics of me, I don't lie about what I log, I weight myself at the same time on the same day each week, I'm pretty healthy and fit.....oh wait, these are supposed to be confessions.

That's a very condescending statement. If you don't have anything to add to the thread, why don't you just move along? I don't find your attitude to be contributing anything positive here, and you're obviously too perfect to have anything to confess.

EasyAGIF.gif

40261-Kelso-Burn-gif-HW6p.gif
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    I confess I now have 50% more stupid after venturing out to read a couple of other threads around here

Didja go to the "chew slow" thread? :D

:). I've been wondering why people don't lurk for awhile before starting a thread. If you spend any amount of time in the forums, you would know that was a train wreck waiting to happen.

I always laugh how people bump irrelevant threads that haven't been posted in for around 2-3 years & people post constructive criticism to the OP who more than likely isn't using the site anymore.

Yeah, this gets me, too. I got sucked into two necro threads in the last two weeks :). Sometimes it takes me two or three pages to realize the thread is from 2012!

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Confession.... Kroger didn't have that Halo Top ice cream so instead I bought some 'artic' something @ 150 cal a pint. I got orange crème as I love that flavor and am highly critical so it will be the true taste test for me. We'll see. I am annoyed though the one time I visit Kroger, they don't have what I came for. This is the same store that up ended everything so shopping takes forever. I doubt I'll be going back unless it's for a cheap tray of sushi.

Just as a warning, that brand has the WORST reputation ever for tasting awful. I've never tried it myself. I think it's called Arctic Zero or something like that?

Confession: Since I have established that nothing is off-limits anymore and have successfully kept vanilla ice cream in my freezer, I used that to justify buying a Speculoos ice cream with chunks of speculoos cookies in it tonight. Also, it's nearly 50 C (122 F) outside, and to keep my beloved ice cream from melting into a puddle on the way home, I held it up to the A/C the. ENTIRE. WAY. I also chanted encouraging slogans, like "You can do this!" and "Hang in there, don't die on me!" and "Please don't die, I love you! I've always loved you!"

My husband may have sniggered a little at my expense. But my ice cream survived, so there.

Plus their calorie counts are actually under dispute.

http://www.bigclassaction.com/lawsuit/brenda-freeman-v-arctic-zero-inc-arctic-zero-frozen.php

Hey you have to be tactical so you can savor your ice cream:D. Any means necessary.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I can't handle glasses 24/7. I primarily wear contacts and then pop them out the minute I get home from work! B) I've been wearing contacts for 19 years so I can take them out put them in no problem.

This is me. I have worn contacts since I was like 14 or 16. They are the first thing that comes out when I get home. They don't bother me during the day, but the second I get home they MUST come out!

Haha I'm exactly that way too! During the day I don't even think about them but once home I'm not completely comfortable until I've taken my rinse off shower, put on my sweats, and taken out my contacts!
    Nobody's mentioned the need to remove their bra the minute they walk through the door, so I guess that's just me then..?

I used to... now I don't care that much anymore. I still frequently change into PJs at 5pm or something though... which has been embarrassing a couple times when people showed up unexpectedly.
    Yep. I pretty much always change into pajamas when I get home, and don't remove them at all if I'm staying in... so whenever a neighbor stops by or a postman shows up at my door to deliver something I didn't expect, it's embarrassing (I usually try and quickly change into some jeans at least). I feel so lazy :lol:

I change into PJs as soon as I get home too, and I do not get embarrassed at all....why am I gonna sit around in clothes at home??

I like the way you think. In fact, we should be able to wear PJs in public. Maximum comfort for everyone, always.
    spamarie wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I've abandoned trying to keep up - it's bothering me to do so, but this was becoming my only work break, and I like variety in my work-break life :) Hope all is well with everyone (and hope things gt better soon for those of you who had bad weekends).

@Tubbs216 and @FluffySandwich - so this whole visa/work-permit processing thing is completely foreign (but curious) to me. So if something takes over 4 years to process, are you still allowed to work where you currently live, as long as you are in process? And you have to pay to apply to live in another country, not like a $20 processing fee or something? Obviously, ignore me or tell me it's none of my business, but I knew we aren't allowed to just say " hey I want to live in this country now" but I didn't think it was that difficult/costly/time-consuming.

I looked into moving to Canada a few years back (from the UK) via a work visa based on the list of highky demanded jobs. You didn't need a job offer, you just needed to be qualified and experienced in one of the jobs on that list. The processing fees went into the $1000s. Plus before you even get there you need to pay for medicals, English language tests (even if you're English), police checks etc., so it is not cheap. Sadly for us, they changed the list of highly demanded jobs right at the last moment. So we'd paid for all the tests etc., then couldn't apply anyway as that visa path was now closed. The super crap part is you have to be ready to jump when the list of highly demanded jobs is published, because each type of job is capped at a particular number, and if you waited the months it takes to get all the testing done, the cap would be filled. I was pretty bitter about it! I didn't pay any processing fees, but the testing was expensive in itself. Oh well, Canada's loss. Still, I think we could have made it!
    Boo! We'll stage a protest for you!
    Out of interest, where would you have settled?
    fjnlsjopxyor.jpg

This photo makes me laugh every time I see it, lol.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Confession.... Kroger didn't have that Halo Top ice cream so instead I bought some 'artic' something @ 150 cal a pint. I got orange crème as I love that flavor and am highly critical so it will be the true taste test for me. We'll see. I am annoyed though the one time I visit Kroger, they don't have what I came for. This is the same store that up ended everything so shopping takes forever. I doubt I'll be going back unless it's for a cheap tray of sushi.

Just as a warning, that brand has the WORST reputation ever for tasting awful. I've never tried it myself. I think it's called Arctic Zero or something like that?

Confession: Since I have established that nothing is off-limits anymore and have successfully kept vanilla ice cream in my freezer, I used that to justify buying a Speculoos ice cream with chunks of speculoos cookies in it tonight. Also, it's nearly 50 C (122 F) outside, and to keep my beloved ice cream from melting into a puddle on the way home, I held it up to the A/C the. ENTIRE. WAY. I also chanted encouraging slogans, like "You can do this!" and "Hang in there, don't die on me!" and "Please don't die, I love you! I've always loved you!"

My husband may have sniggered a little at my expense. But my ice cream survived, so there.
    I.... what?? 122 F? :fearful: I was born and raised in a place where it can get pretty freaking hot, but the most I've ever seen was around 105 F. 122 F is something I can't even imagine :fearful:

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I have two updates!

1) My Wegmans does carry the Halo Top Vanilla, Chocolate, and Lemon Cake. They were ALL sold out (they only got a very small amount in) so I shall have to check back.

2) I PASSED MY EXAM!!!!!!!!!! B)

Checking in on a Sunday night because I have actual work to do this week, but so glad to hear this! How's your FIL?

And I'm sure this has already been covered, but why is @JPW1990 in jail?

Ironically, answering that question would be a violation of the rules. Can't have people breaking the strictly upheld rules around here, ya know ;)

Well, that's too bad because I'm nosy and wanted to know!
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I have two updates!

1) My Wegmans does carry the Halo Top Vanilla, Chocolate, and Lemon Cake. They were ALL sold out (they only got a very small amount in) so I shall have to check back.

2) I PASSED MY EXAM!!!!!!!!!! B)

Checking in on a Sunday night because I have actual work to do this week, but so glad to hear this! How's your FIL?

And I'm sure this has already been covered, but why is @JPW1990 in jail?

Ironically, answering that question would be a violation of the rules. Can't have people breaking the strictly upheld rules around here, ya know ;)

Well, that's too bad because I'm nosy and wanted to know!

Me too! What a dumb rule!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

We love to hate the hateable ones, root for the underdogs, love the cheesy challenges & also love it when they are clueless that they are broadcast 24/7 and just spout the most ignorant crap. Young fools thinking they know everything & getting a harsh dose of reality once they leave the house. So crunchy.

Me too! I've only admitted it to two friends and never talk about it at work. It's like my dirty little secret! I've been watching for years.

Edited because quotes are hard.
    Oh yeah! Two people to talk about BB with!! It starts soon!!

Maybe once it starts we can have a BB thread in the group!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    We're going on year 3 without satellite. Netflix works well if you aren't dead set on needing to see the latest seasons of network shows. We're also too far out to get broadband so we're limited in what is feasible running through our phones. Luckily we're grandfathered on Verizon's unlimited data or we'd be in trouble since we average about 100GB per month.

But what about sports? My problem with getting rid of cable is losing live college football, NFL, NASCAR, NBA, etc. Is there a way to watch live games other than cable?

My son live streams a lot of that stuff.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

Me too! I've only admitted it to two friends and never talk about it at work. It's like my dirty little secret! I've been watching for years.

Oh yeah! Two people to talk about BB with!! It starts soon!!

Maybe once it starts we can have a BB thread in the group!

That would be awesome! @riderfangal said she's a fan too. Is anyone posting to the confessions group? Haven't been there in awhile. Keep thinking the group might be good though because I'm having to check on weekends and on my phone just to keep up.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I ate a little bit of Half Baked last night but gave the rest to my daughter so I could justify buying another pint the next time I'm at the grocery store.

I wish some of my MFP's lived closer so I'd have workout buddies. Or I wish my husband would want to go with me, but by the time he gets home from being on his feet for 9+ hours, working out is the last thing he wants to do. I asked him if he wanted to work out with me while we're on vacation, he said he DOES plan on working out. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

Hey I've been skipping the catch-up but was curious how the step-daughter talk went? or IF it went?

I appreciate you asking. No talk yet. As a matter of fact, haven't seen or heard from her since last Monday. My husband texted her last Friday but she's not responded yet. Her cat is tearing up my carpet in the guestroom and she's starting pooping outside her litter box. Enough is enough already. I want to let him handle this and not step on his toes or anything, but honestly, I'm pretty fed up and I texted him earlier that if he doesn't message her today, I will.

Edited to add. it's hard to talk to someone who won't return messages or never comes around.

I think I would have to let my husband know the cat has to go if she won't keep up with it. No sense in it tearing up your house.

Yep! I am going to make that clear to him tonight. I can't believe she goes a week+ without even checking on her. I can't imagine doing that to my Owen (who still hasn't shown up).

:'(
    Sorry to hear that!

Obviously she does not care about the cat, or she would not be able to do that! I could never do that to my Kyrie!

Which, today is her birthday lol, I got an email from the vet wishing her a happy birthday.....she is a year old now...should have gotten her a party hat. She would have loved that!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

Count me in on this. Love Big Brother, Haven't missed a season!

WOOHOO
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @LBuehrle8 every time I see your name I think L Bueller.

Edit to add, as in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Anyone? Anyone?
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird I'm glad things are going well with your boss man. :smiley:
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    My old account got deleted

And even if I did loose weight I'd probably still wear oversized ugly jumpers

Crap, you made me look. I am 15 away...and I think 99.9% of them were in here!

I just realized that somehow I replied to the wrong post. That was for @MoHousdon

I wasted my 1000th post replying to @quiksylver296 . Stupid wasted post. I still want my do over.

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I ate a little bit of Half Baked last night but gave the rest to my daughter so I could justify buying another pint the next time I'm at the grocery store.

I wish some of my MFP's lived closer so I'd have workout buddies. Or I wish my husband would want to go with me, but by the time he gets home from being on his feet for 9+ hours, working out is the last thing he wants to do. I asked him if he wanted to work out with me while we're on vacation, he said he DOES plan on working out. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

Hey I've been skipping the catch-up but was curious how the step-daughter talk went? or IF it went?

I appreciate you asking. No talk yet. As a matter of fact, haven't seen or heard from her since last Monday. My husband texted her last Friday but she's not responded yet. Her cat is tearing up my carpet in the guestroom and she's starting pooping outside her litter box. Enough is enough already. I want to let him handle this and not step on his toes or anything, but honestly, I'm pretty fed up and I texted him earlier that if he doesn't message her today, I will.

Edited to add. it's hard to talk to someone who won't return messages or never comes around.

I think I would have to let my husband know the cat has to go if she won't keep up with it. No sense in it tearing up your house.

Yep! I am going to make that clear to him tonight. I can't believe she goes a week+ without even checking on her. I can't imagine doing that to my Owen (who still hasn't shown up).

:'(
    Sorry to hear that!

Obviously she does not care about the cat, or she would not be able to do that! I could never do that to my Kyrie!

Which, today is her birthday lol, I got an email from the vet wishing her a happy birthday.....she is a year old now...should have gotten her a party hat. She would have loved that!

I don't think she does either.

Happy birthday to your Kyrie!

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @bkhamill -I'm glad you are ok.

@nonoelmo -you do have perfect hair for your costume. :)

My boyfriend still isn't here. I'm wondering if he will bother showing up.
    Thank you.

I'm sad for you about your boyfriend. Is this a pattern or one time /first time?

First time thing. Sigh. Oh well.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good weekend!

Wasn't this the day you were supposed to have the "talk"? Or am I completely wrong

Yes, he decided he was too tired to come over which caused another fight. We did end up talking Saturday. I'm going to try to work things out but I'm still torn. I want to try therapy and then if nothing changes, I'm done. :(

My heart physically hurts because I want to stay but yet leave. When things are good they are wonderful but I don't know if I can forgive, forget and trust again. That's why I want to try therapy first.

Now to catch up with the rest of the thread.

Can I ask a question, I apologise if it's intrusive. I'm guessing from some of the things you've said you live apart? But you said you've been together 11 years. Is moving in together something you've discussed? And if so what has stopped you?

Sorry I just saw this. Yea we live apart. We stay together (or used to-not so much now) a lot though. We had planned on moving in together but things keep getting in the way. I seriously think he is someone who doesn't want to make a serious commitment. That is one reason why I don't think this will work either way.

It sucks that I'm so in love with someone that I will probably have to leave someday. I just don't know how I'm going to get through everything.

Sorry you are going through this.....

You are right, some people do not want to commit to heavily into anything. Sometimes that works for both parties, but if you do not both feel that way, someone is going to get hurt....
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    m660euptpejm.gif

THIS