Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    Rachael and I went to the Y tonight and did the bike (I managed 8.75 miles), some weights, and the rowing machine. She said she had a great time and I suggested we do it more often and she was down. I was really excited.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Also, confession: I bought some vinegar to de-scale a particularly filthy electronic water kettle, and watching the chemical reaction made me absolutely giddy. Like five-year-old-on-Christmas-morning type of giddy. It may have been something like the following:

Me: *peeking into kettle* *jumps up and down, squealing* "HUSBAND! HUSBAND! LOOK AT THE BUBBLES. LOOK AT THE BUBBLES, THEY'RE SO PRETTY!"
    Mr. Susie: *not particularly interested* That's the magic of chemistry.
    Me: *squealing some more* Look, that spot is bubbling! It's so pretty! LOOK AT IT!
    Mr. Susie: Umm.. Okay. You and your vinegar have fun. *leaves the kitchen*

Hahahaaha I love it!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    jqgokbjj3agb.jpg
    I took my daughter to Ethiopian food tonight. Her first time. It is so good at least to me and she liked it a lot too. Savory and just spicy enough to be really tasty. Mmmm.

Her follow up visit with the nutritionist is tomorrow.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    What you are going through is super hard, I do not think anyone here would feel that way!

Thank you!

We both decided to do the counselling (is that spelled right-I can't tell). He came in to my work today to talk to me. He said that it was him fighting for me. It did mean a lot. But at the same time I asked him if he wanted to be with me or if he was just staying with me because I'm so sad about things. He didn't really say much other than, "I want to try counselling and make you more of a priority in life like you are supposed to be." So I guess that is good? It would have been nice to hear that he wanted to be with me though. We are going to meet after work to talk more. I told him he HAS to be honest with me about some questions I have.

The best advice I have is to go slow and steady and do not make any decisions when you are upset in the moment. So far it sounds like you are doing great with that.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I confess: I changed my afternoon snack after I saw what MoHousdon had logged for hers. I am eating it now (granny smith apple and peanut butter) and it is so yummy. It totally makes up for the salad at lunch that kept p!ssing me off because it wasn't a bacon cheeseburger.

Glad I could be a positive influence on you. Also, I HATE when salads aren't bacon cheeseburgers and extra crispy fries.

So it's not just me?? Whew, good to know!
  • nonoelmo
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Also, confession: I bought some vinegar to de-scale a particularly filthy electronic water kettle, and watching the chemical reaction made me absolutely giddy. Like five-year-old-on-Christmas-morning type of giddy. It may have been something like the following:

Me: *peeking into kettle* *jumps up and down, squealing* "HUSBAND! HUSBAND! LOOK AT THE BUBBLES. LOOK AT THE BUBBLES, THEY'RE SO PRETTY!"
    Me: *squealing some more* Look, that spot is bubbling! It's so pretty! LOOK AT IT!

Hahahaaha I love it!

Chemistry is like magic! :smiley:

If you like bubbles then buy some very cheap soda (2 Liter plastic bottle) and a package of mentos. Look at some you tube videos for how to make an explosion of the bubbles. I love doing that with my kids and even with my co-workers when we have a "play day" in the lab and do fun demonstrations.

edit to NOTE: Do this outside in a place you can hose down and chose a diet soda so you don't have sugar to attract the ants.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

We recently got a glass kettle, and living in a hard water area means I get this fun on a monthly basis!

I am scared to do this because I am not sure I will ever not taste vinegar......I have had my kettle since Christmas and have never done this.....
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    All these TV confessions are making me fess up: My wife & I love Big Brother.

We love to hate the hateable ones, root for the underdogs, love the cheesy challenges & also love it when they are clueless that they are broadcast 24/7 and just spout the most ignorant crap. Young fools thinking they know everything & getting a harsh dose of reality once they leave the house. So crunchy.

We call it our "Vapid Summer Fluff" ... ha ha

Me too! I've only admitted it to two friends and never talk about it at work. It's like my dirty little secret! I've been watching for years.

Edited because quotes are hard.
    Oh yeah! Two people to talk about BB with!! It starts soon!!

Maybe once it starts we can have a BB thread in the group!

That would be awesome! @riderfangal said she's a fan too. Is anyone posting to the confessions group? Haven't been there in awhile. Keep thinking the group might be good though because I'm having to check on weekends and on my phone just to keep up.

I'm in!!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    I may have convinced my brother to take his Taco someplace I pretty much knew he'd get stuck just so I could use the Jeep to pull him out.
    IMAG0858_zps4bep4epa.jpg

I also had a burger, slice of pizza and my last 2 Oreo pop tarts for lunch. Plus my leg hurts so I'm not even exercising today.

What is a taco?!?! Other than delicious Mexican food, which I can only assume is not what you're referring to in this particular context.
    Oh good, so I am not the only one that was totally confused by this first post! (I figured it out later when he posted the full name of the truck)
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Okay i am now back on page 908...almost back to where I left off on Thursday and encountering myself. Looks like my next post is my 1000 so I was going to post something but then chickened out. So will post this 'would you tell someone they look terrible' confession.

When I go to the gym I never wear underwear. A LONG time ago I basically totally exposed myself to a trainer wearing looser shorts when he was holding my ankles and I was doing sit ups. I know he saw EVERYTHING. But we just pretended nothing was going on (both too embarrassed I think...and its funny that Bare A**ed is part of that word) so to this day, when I go to a dressing room and try on looser shorts that don't have a built in panty I do the 'stress test'... basically stand with my butt to the mirror and contort myself in every way possible. As long as nothing gets exposed, I buy them. :)

My friend and I now have a standing joke whenever I buy something new...did it pass the stress test?
    Is there a reason for this??

After that incident, I would have started!
  • jb60606
    jb60606 Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    After being diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 2011, and...
    • dropping 35lbs
    • giving up junk food (ok... not all, but my portions are laughably smaller and urges are few and far between)
    • making fruits/vegetables 80-90% of my diet
    • limiting myself to < than 40g of fat per day
    • < 15g sat fat
    • completely giving up diet coke, and everything else with Aspartame or other artificial sweetners
    • giving up soda altogether (accept occasional homemade sparkling water with fruit juice)
    • running 3-6 miles every every other day of the week. As much as 11miles on weekends
    • stationary biking every day in-between
    • lifting weights 3-5days a week
    • Finally incorporating fish into my diet
    • taking some ~16 vitamins and multis per day (plus, M.S. drugs)

wait for it...
    wait for it.........

I STILL SMOKE!!!!!!!

I quit shortly after my D/X, was clean for nearly 2yrs, then started right up again when things started to get tough at work & personal life -- mostly related to the disease. I've no idea why the discipline I needed to do all of the above (I used to be the very sedentary type) is nowhere to be found when I reach for smokes. I obviously have the will-power... or do I?

On a more positive note (I think), sometimes after buying a new pack and having a cigarette, I crush the pack in anger and throw it out. Tremendous waste of money (about $13-$16 in downtown Chicago), but it usually keeps me strong and smoke-free for the remainder of the day. Maybe its a start.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    All these TV confessions are making me fess up: My wife & I love Big Brother.

We love to hate the hateable ones, root for the underdogs, love the cheesy challenges & also love it when they are clueless that they are broadcast 24/7 and just spout the most ignorant crap. Young fools thinking they know everything & getting a harsh dose of reality once they leave the house. So crunchy.

We call it our "Vapid Summer Fluff" ... ha ha

Me too! I've only admitted it to two friends and never talk about it at work. It's like my dirty little secret! I've been watching for years.

Edited because quotes are hard.
    Oh yeah! Two people to talk about BB with!! It starts soon!!

Maybe once it starts we can have a BB thread in the group!

That would be awesome! @riderfangal said she's a fan too. Is anyone posting to the confessions group? Haven't been there in awhile. Keep thinking the group might be good though because I'm having to check on weekends and on my phone just to keep up.

Ok BB fans, once it starts, I am gonna start an ongoing discussion thread in the group that we can keep ongoing all season.....I will remind you all here though!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Rachael and I went to the Y tonight and did the bike (I managed 8.75 miles), some weights, and the rowing machine. She said she had a great time and I suggested we do it more often and she was down. I was really excited.
    Nice! Win/win!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    jqgokbjj3agb.jpg
    I took my daughter to Ethiopian food tonight. Her first time. It is so good at least to me and she liked it a lot too. Savory and just spicy enough to be really tasty. Mmmm.

That looks terrible, lol....sorry, glad you enjoyed it though!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Hey fellow Big Brother fans:

I got all caught up here so I ventured out to the interwebs and look what I found!!

http://www.globaltv.com/bigbrother/cast/
  • jlwhelan2
    jlwhelan2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    jqgokbjj3agb.jpg

Ha! That really did make me laugh. It probably does not photograph well and, yes, my tastes don't run to sweets (except dark chocolate) but despite the lack of photogenic properties of this meal it was delicious.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I am also among those who enjoy Big Brother. My boyfriend can't believe me, he thinks it's a load of crap (which, ok, maybe it is). It's just so cheesy and entertaining. I also love Survivor and RuPaul's Drag Race.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I'm leaving for VA on Thursday for a family reunion and I'll be back Sunday. I'm sad to lose my log in streak, but I'm excited to dig in to all of the rich, southern food: biscuits and gravy, cornbread, pork chops, fried chicken, various desserts...no calorie counting for me. I'll make sure to bring snacks because there can be quite a gap between meals: breakfast at 9 AM, lunch around 2 PM, and dinner at 6-7 PM.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    jqgokbjj3agb.jpg

I made an Ethiopian lentil stew for a challenge recently (had to make something from a country's cuisine you hadn't had before) and it was delicious! Must make it again soon, actually.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I'm leaving for VA on Thursday for a family reunion and I'll be back Sunday. I'm sad to lose my log in streak, but I'm excited to dig in to all of the rich, southern food: biscuits and gravy, cornbread, pork chops, fried chicken, various desserts...no calorie counting for me. I'll make sure to bring snacks because there can be quite a gap between meals: breakfast at 9 AM, lunch around 2 PM, and dinner at 6-7 PM.
    Have fun and it sounds like good food!