Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Warnings and Point System for Reported Posts:
    Notice = 0 Warning Points: This type of warning is used to let a member know they have violated a guideline and request they review our guidelines to avoid future warnings. This type of warning is appropriate for new members and for notifying members of posts removed that don’t warrant disciplinary action.
    Minor Warning = 2 Warning Points: This type of warning is to let a member know they have violated a guideline and have received 2 points. Minor warnings remain in place for 1 week.* This type of warning is appropriate for members who have received previous notifications to review our guidelines.
    Major Warning = 3 Warning Points: This type of warning is to let a member know they have significantly violated a guideline and have received 3 points. Examples include hate speech, blatant personal attacks, or posting images containing nudity. Major warnings remain in place for 2 weeks.*
    cqupr6alk0ie.png
    Banning = 5 Warning Points: A member who accumulates a total of 5 active points will be banned and lose posting privileges.
    k6udoo5x0470.png

*When a user’s warnings expire, their warning level will be reset to zero and the user will have a clean slate. If you warn a user who has already been warned, then the points from the new warning will be added to their warning level and their warning’s expiry will be extended. When a user reaches certain warning levels they will have forum restrictions placed on their account.

So it looks like a time thing to me. :)

That's from the forum guidelines post.
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @bkhamill -I'm glad you are ok.

@nonoelmo -you do have perfect hair for your costume. :)

My boyfriend still isn't here. I'm wondering if he will bother showing up.
    Thank you.

I'm sad for you about your boyfriend. Is this a pattern or one time /first time?

First time thing. Sigh. Oh well.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good weekend!

Wasn't this the day you were supposed to have the "talk"? Or am I completely wrong

Yes, he decided he was too tired to come over which caused another fight. We did end up talking Saturday. I'm going to try to work things out but I'm still torn. I want to try therapy and then if nothing changes, I'm done. :(

My heart physically hurts because I want to stay but yet leave. When things are good they are wonderful but I don't know if I can forgive, forget and trust again. That's why I want to try therapy first.

Now to catch up with the rest of the thread.

Can I ask a question, I apologise if it's intrusive. I'm guessing from some of the things you've said you live apart? But you said you've been together 11 years. Is moving in together something you've discussed? And if so what has stopped you?

Sorry I just saw this. Yea we live apart. We stay together (or used to-not so much now) a lot though. We had planned on moving in together but things keep getting in the way. I seriously think he is someone who doesn't want to make a serious commitment. That is one reason why I don't think this will work either way.

It sucks that I'm so in love with someone that I will probably have to leave someday. I just don't know how I'm going to get through everything.

That just breaks my heart. I'm so sorry you've invested so much time in someone that doesn't seem to feel the same way. That really sucks. I wish you all the best because you deserve to be happy regardless if that's with or without someone else. Hugs to you, friend.

Thank you. He was a no show again last night (after he told me he would try to make me a priority...that shows me how important I am). I think he is done. :(

I'm so sorry again!! Hugs to you.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @bkhamill -I'm glad you are ok.

@nonoelmo -you do have perfect hair for your costume. :)

My boyfriend still isn't here. I'm wondering if he will bother showing up.
    Thank you.

I'm sad for you about your boyfriend. Is this a pattern or one time /first time?

First time thing. Sigh. Oh well.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good weekend!

Wasn't this the day you were supposed to have the "talk"? Or am I completely wrong

Yes, he decided he was too tired to come over which caused another fight. We did end up talking Saturday. I'm going to try to work things out but I'm still torn. I want to try therapy and then if nothing changes, I'm done. :(

My heart physically hurts because I want to stay but yet leave. When things are good they are wonderful but I don't know if I can forgive, forget and trust again. That's why I want to try therapy first.

Now to catch up with the rest of the thread.

Can I ask a question, I apologise if it's intrusive. I'm guessing from some of the things you've said you live apart? But you said you've been together 11 years. Is moving in together something you've discussed? And if so what has stopped you?

Sorry I just saw this. Yea we live apart. We stay together (or used to-not so much now) a lot though. We had planned on moving in together but things keep getting in the way. I seriously think he is someone who doesn't want to make a serious commitment. That is one reason why I don't think this will work either way.

It sucks that I'm so in love with someone that I will probably have to leave someday. I just don't know how I'm going to get through everything.

That just breaks my heart. I'm so sorry you've invested so much time in someone that doesn't seem to feel the same way. That really sucks. I wish you all the best because you deserve to be happy regardless if that's with or without someone else. Hugs to you, friend.

Thank you. He was a no show again last night (after he told me he would try to make me a priority...that shows me how important I am). I think he is done. :(

I'm so sorry. It's really difficult when you picture a relationship being a certain way and the other person doesn't follow the script. Like I said though, 11 years is a long time to just throw away, but you can't be in a relationship by yourself either. Whatever you decide, please know we're here for you and will support you all the way. More hugs.

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Catching up on some comments:

1. I loooove Ethiopian food so I know how delicious that pile of mush must have been. I prefer the vegetarian dishes but my local place makes the spiciest, most delicious meat dishes too - my favourite is the one with the raw meat, kind of like a tartare? It so SO GOOD.

2. I also take off my "outside clothes" at home. I'm in sweats/yoga pants/leggings the absolute second I come in the door. But I only take my bra off right before bed because we have a male roommate and I try to be respectful of his right to live in a home where his best friend's wife isn't jiggling around everywhere, nips akimbo.

I'm also a freak size (28FF/28H in American sizes - thanks, narrow ribcage!) so they're, uh...noticeable, if I'm not strapped in. I do have a bunch of Lululemon yoga tops with sufficient built-in support to wear those without a bra, though, so I do that when it's warm out.

Fortunately, I'm young enough that mine pretty much stay where they're supposed to and haven't made a mad dash for my navel as of yet. Here's hoping!

3. @quiksylver296, that is adorable!
    I LOLd.

Ha, me too!
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I can't believe I'm confessing this but....if I weigh myself in the morning and then go to the bathroom, I always re weigh. It's not a big difference but makes me feel good.

Oh my dear, you are not alone :) I think everyone does that, welcome!

I didn't, but now I'm curious....
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession.... the punkass Kroger didn't have that Halo Top ice cream so instead I bought some 'artic' something @ 150 cal a pint. I got orange crème as I love that flavor and am highly critical so it will be the true taste test for me. We'll see. I am annoyed though the one time I visit Kroger, they don't have what I came for. This is the same store that up ended everything so shopping takes forever. I doubt I'll be going back unless it's for a cheap tray of sushi.

Arctic Zero is pretty much the worst thing to ever happen to ice cream. :(

I went to Kroger last night to pick up a couple things. I looked for Halo, could only find vanilla, and I'm not wasting calories on vanilla. While I was standing there looking longingly into the freezer case someone pulled out some of the Arctic Zero stuff. Thought about telling them I heard it wasn't good but didn't know how to say, 'a couple of my internet friends on a thread I love said that stuff is not very good'...awkward silence...and then I'd feel stupid.

Did buy the hubby some Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie because he was talking about it the other day. I passed on the ice cream because it's just not worth it to me. Sometimes I feel weird because the majority of you talk about ice cream and gelato and sugary cereal with marshmallows (gross) and I just don't go out of my way to eat any of that...although, I'm a sucker for potato chips and dark chocolate! Everyone has different weaknesses!

MMMM...potato chips and dark chocolate. I'm not obsessed with ice cream or gelato either, but I do enjoy it on occasion. Potato chips on the other hand, yummy!!! I love a really crispy, salty, but not too salty, potato chip. The kettle cooked ones are my absolute favorite. Plain, none of that flavored nonsense.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    *whining* Guuuuuys (Well, girls...)! I got two new abuse flags. I'm curious and I want to know what posts they were on! I hate this anonymous flagging thing--I NEED TO KNOW WHAT GOT FLAGGED. I don't care who flagged it, I just want to know what I said that was apparently so offensive! :o (I actually went back to see if it was my reply to MrFitness, but it wasn't. And that's like... The rudest post I've ever made on this forum. Who would have thought!)
    *end of whining*

Maybe you will end up in MFP jail soon :o
    So young yet such a rebel!!!

How do you know you have been flagged, do they send you a message or something?

When you go to "All Notifications" (you can find that by clicking on the bell at the top right of the screen) there's a list of how many times you've been flagged. I have one for spam (from my spammy pimples post) and four for abuse (two of which I happen to know came from a joke post that apparently offended some people). The other two are new, and I want to know where they came from! :o

The mods only send you a warning if THEY find your posts against the TOS. They pretty much ignore random flags that don't make sense. By the by, @JPW1990 has been banned. If you go backwards through the thread, you'll find that her profile picture is now bright red and says "User banned; keep calm and carry on."

This makes me sad. I really enjoyed her posts. I will miss her.
    When people are banned, is it forever? I know when I read zombie threads, often there will be unfamiliar user names that are now banned. I have a mental picture of them wandering the weightloss wilderness forever, banished and never allowed to return.

That's what I thought too, but maybe not. I'm still relatively new to all of this.

• Glinda1971
    Options
    *whining* Guuuuuys (Well, girls...)! I got two new abuse flags. I'm curious and I want to know what posts they were on! I hate this anonymous flagging thing--I NEED TO KNOW WHAT GOT FLAGGED. I don't care who flagged it, I just want to know what I said that was apparently so offensive! :o (I actually went back to see if it was my reply to MrFitness, but it wasn't. And that's like... The rudest post I've ever made on this forum. Who would have thought!)
    *end of whining*

When you go to "All Notifications" (you can find that by clicking on the bell at the top right of the screen) there's a list of how many times you've been flagged. I have one for spam (from my spammy pimples post) and four for abuse (two of which I happen to know came from a joke post that apparently offended some people). The other two are new, and I want to know where they came from! :o

The mods only send you a warning if THEY find your posts against the TOS. They pretty much ignore random flags that don't make sense. By the by, @JPW1990 has been banned. If you go backwards through the thread, you'll find that her profile picture is now bright red and says "User banned; keep calm and carry on."

When people are banned, is it forever? I know when I read zombie threads, often there will be unfamiliar user names that are now banned. I have a mental picture of them wandering the weightloss wilderness forever, banished and never allowed to return.

That's what I thought too, but maybe not. I'm still relatively new to all of this.

Their restrictions are lifted in a week or two usually. When their warnings expire.
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    *end of whining*

Haha! I saw zombie threads and didn't know you meant ghost threads. I was wondering about connection between zombies and MFP.

...you're not taking about zombies right?
    Running from them would be good weight loss though.
  • newfutures
    newfutures Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    So I thought maybe we could all use this to get something off of our chests. Confess to anything pertaining to your weight loss journey, it may even be a helpful tip for others! :)'

Please please PLEASEEEE refrain from being mean. :)

Here goes it!

I wear a trash bag under my clothing when I exercise and also for about half of my day.
    Yeah it's not as sophisticated as a Wrap or Those belly wrap things but honestly I like it better. It covers my whole upper body besides my neck, head, and arms. Maybe one of you do the same thing :P

Ive done that. way cheaper than a full sauna suit. does knock off the water weight.
  • newfutures
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

Did that taste as disgusting as it sounds?

Sounds good to me, haha.

Sounds great to me too. I love chocolate. sometimes I do that with nesquick powder
  • newfutures
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

Not a judgement but why didn't you just make the hot chocolate? Not sweet enough?

I like to do that with chocolate milk powder. mixing it with the milk kinda takes the intensity of flavor and sweet down
  • fr3smyl
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Confession: I noticed I have a really nice set of gams!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I have to confess, that when a new person to our village (that's what I like to call it) posts a reply to one of the ancient posts, I skip those because 9 times out of ten, it's in reference to the stupid hot chocolate powder. I can only read people eat powder so many times. How are they not chocking on the dust?!
  • newfutures
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I can't do any type of jumping jacks or running without my belly smacking the top of my thighs. It's really embarrassing. Going to talk to a surgeon about a panniculectomy. Three kids and yo-yoing between 140 and 252 a few times wrecked my belly.

I know the embarrassing feeling. v.v

I just had twins in January. im not a tall person and those babies stretched me to my limits. my belly seems as if it would belong to someone else. I cant believe that it changed so much!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Catching up on some comments:

1. I loooove Ethiopian food so I know how delicious that pile of mush must have been. I prefer the vegetarian dishes but my local place makes the spiciest, most delicious meat dishes too - my favourite is the one with the raw meat, kind of like a tartare? It so SO GOOD.

2. I also take off my "outside clothes" at home. I'm in sweats/yoga pants/leggings the absolute second I come in the door. But I only take my bra off right before bed because we have a male roommate and I try to be respectful of his right to live in a home where his best friend's wife isn't jiggling around everywhere, nips akimbo.

I'm also a freak size (28FF/28H in American sizes - thanks, narrow ribcage!) so they're, uh...noticeable, if I'm not strapped in. I do have a bunch of Lululemon yoga tops with sufficient built-in support to wear those without a bra, though, so I do that when it's warm out.

Fortunately, I'm young enough that mine pretty much stay where they're supposed to and haven't made a mad dash for my navel as of yet. Here's hoping!

3. @quiksylver296, that is adorable!
    I LOLd.

Ha, me too!

I know you ladies know what I mean...hahaha.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    fr3smyl wrote: »
    Confession: I noticed I have a really nice set of gams!

I require photographic proof. And I'm jealous.

• Glinda1971
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    fr3smyl wrote: »
    *end of whining*

Haha! I saw zombie threads and didn't know you meant ghost threads. I was wondering about connection between zombies and MFP.

...you're not taking about zombies right?
    Running from them would be good weight loss though.

OK. Now I have to share this app for running, which I absolutely love: https://zombiesrungame.com/

They made it free to play just last month, and I love reading the comments from people who never seriously got into running before, but are now running and having fun doing it.

I'm not big into zombies so I didn't find it motivating for me. That being said, one of my friends from a different weight loss group, went from a non-runner to running 5-6 miles every couple days in 3 months because of this app. It really worked for him!

I don't like any learn to run programs because I don't like to be told what to do and when to do it. ;)